Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Navratri Festival
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
If you have not yet taken the time to visit Newark St. during Navratri on any of the nights of the festival you?re missing one of the great public spectacles of this or any other city. I know this is a bold statement but trust me, if you take the time to see it you will likely agree. The sight of thousands of people, people of all ages, dressed in beautiful colorful and sequined fabrics all doing the same rhythmic dance in a three block long circle to the sound of live Indian music is an experience you should not deny yourself. I have lived in the neighborhood for years and I never miss it but I find its like pulling teeth to get people to come and experience it. We all know how hard it is to get friends from New York to come to Jersey City, for any reason. But it?s twice as hard to convince them to visit here for an event that begins after 10:00P.M.- and its only just getting started at ten, better to come at eleven! Friends I have managed to convince all agreed it was worth the trouble. If you actually live IN Jersey City you have NO EXCUSE not to see one of the most significant cultural events the city can boast. I know it sounds like I am one of those people who exaggerate by putting three or four exclamation points at the end of every sentence, but in this case I feel entirely justified speaking in superlatives. You should not allow yourself to miss experiencing Navratri.

Posted on: 2013/10/12 13:06

Re: Jersey City Navratri Festival
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/21 17:13
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Fun! fun! BYOD (bring your own dandiyas) :D

Posted on: 2013/10/12 5:15

Jersey City Navratri Festival
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
A super-sized block party will close a portion of Newark Avenue in Jersey City at night for the next two weekends for the 11th annual Navratri Festival, a Hindu celebration of the Goddess Durga.

The festival will run from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Oct. 11, 12, 18 and 19 on Newark Avenue, between Kennedy Boulevard and Tonnelle Avenue in Jersey City. No vehicles will be able to enter Newark Avenue from 7 p.m. until the close of the program each night.

Read more

Posted on: 2013/10/11 13:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017