Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: V’s Barbershop Now Open in Downtown Jersey City
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/6 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
I was looking for a good local barbership for sometime after moving to JC 3 years ago. When I found V's in Hoboken last year I knew my search was over. All the barbers take the time to make sure your haircut is perfect. Aside from that, they will give you bottles of water, each station has it's own TV, you get a quick massage and hot towel when you're done. It's well worth the small premium.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Generally I find that the cuts I can get on Grove St. at Express cuts are as good as what I can get elsewhere. But if you want a shave you have to go a bit more upscale.

Posted on: 2013/9/27 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
looks nice but the price is too high for men's haircut, i can just walk 2 blocks to the mall and get the same haircut for $10 less.

But you won't get the hot towel, massage and neck shave. I've also been to the one in Summit, and these extras are nice.

+1 I like pampering myself 2 x a month :)

Posted on: 2013/9/27 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
looks nice but the price is too high for men's haircut, i can just walk 2 blocks to the mall and get the same haircut for $10 less.

But you won't get the hot towel, massage and neck shave. I've also been to the one in Summit, and these extras are nice.

Posted on: 2013/9/27 17:46
I live by the river.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/9 20:50
Group:
Banned
Just what Jersey city needs another Hair studio

Posted on: 2013/9/27 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/9/26 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I've been to the original location in Phoenix! Judging from that experince, this will be a nice place with great service (albeit a little pricey for my tastes. Then again, I usually get my hair cut on Canal Street).

Posted on: 2013/9/25 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I guess the 'haute' barbershop is enjoying a revival, I've enjoyed going to a similar shop, also a franchised chain, called Roosters in Summit, NJ. I believe they are also opening other locations in NJ.

Posted on: 2013/9/24 23:32

V’s Barbershop Now Open in Downtown Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Offers Traditional Barbershop Services in an Upscale Environment at a Reasonable Price

V's Barbershop?, the leading authentic and upscale barbershop experience, is proud to announce the opening of its newest location at 389 Washington St. in Jersey City, directly across from the historic Powerhouse. The Jersey City V?s Barbershop is the second to open in the heart of Hudson County and includes five authentic and beautifully restored antique Koken barber chairs from the 1950?s, an authentic shoeshine chair, and amenities such as flat screen televisions, quality grooming products and iconic artwork. V?s Barbershop will be celebrating with Grand Opening festivities all day on Saturday, October 12th, including free food & drinks, give-a-ways and more.
New Yorkers and childhood friends Dan Vassallo and Frank Ferlito were inspired to bring V?s to Jersey City after a visit to the original V?s Barbershop location in Phoenix, AZ. ?The V?s experience is much more than a great haircut, old fashioned straight-edge shave or shoeshine. Frank and I are honored and excited to bring the V?s concept to the revitalized Powerhouse Arts District. After living for years in the area, we always found it inconvenient to have to travel into Manhattan for a decent haircut. Because of this we decided to do something about it! The men and boys of Jersey City are in for a real treat.?
?This is a significant opening for us at V?s Barbershop,? said Jim Valenzuela, V?s Barbershop Founder and CEO. ?Not only are we opening our second shop in Hudson County, NJ, we are also entering into a terrific market that is experiencing continued growth. I am extremely pleased that V?s has opened in Jersey City. We plan on being here for a long time and becoming an integral part of the community.
About V?s Barbershop
Since 1999, V?s Barbershop has captured the timeless, authentic barbershop experience by combining a rich mix of modern amenities and classic style. V?s is committed to providing its patrons with an environment where getting a great haircut or a traditional hot-lather shave also means building great memories for men and their sons. V?s full-service, authentic barbershops offer a variety of menu options including high-quality haircuts, straight razor shaves, men?s facials, face massages, moustache and beard trims and shoe shines. Hot towels, neck and shoulder massages, even neck shaves, are always included, free, for our customers.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, the company was named to Entrepreneur Magazine?s list of leading franchise categories poised for growth in 2010, and ranked in their 2013 Franchise 500. V?s Barbershop has twenty open locations across the country, located in nine total states. The company has been a repeat winner of various awards and accolades. V?s is accepting applications for franchising opportunities from qualified candidates who understand the opportunity and can appreciate the authentic, traditional barbershop experience.
For more information about V?s Barbershop franchise opportunities, please visit the company website or call 866-522-8893.

Has anyone been to their original spot?

Posted on: 2013/9/24 19:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017