Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Former Gov. McGreevey to head Jersey City jobs commission
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City school board member, 3 others out at McGreevey's jobs program

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City school board member Angel Valentin has been sacked from the Jersey City Employment & Training Program, about one month after former Gov. Jim McGreevey took over as director of the nonprofit.

Valentin, 57, was one of four JCETP workers let go last week, in a move Valentin said ?smells of politics.? The school board member was a supporter of former Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who lost his bid for re-election in May to Mayor Steve Fulop.

"I guess they wanted changes," said Valentin, who had been with the nonprofit for about 12 years.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/10/7 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
McGreevey touts jobs program, defends prisoner re-entry at Jersey City church

With the flair of a pastor, and quoting scripture liberally, former Gov. Jim McGreevey last night pledged to about 150 people assembled inside a Jersey City church that he will help bring jobs to a community plagued by high crime and unemployment.

McGreevey, who was hired last month to run the city?s jobs program, said the ?commercial boom? in the Downtown should have provided a boost to the city?s non-Waterfront communities. It hasn?t and he wants that to change, he said.

?The goal is that the people who are building Jersey City are from Jersey City and look like Jersey City,? McGreevey said, to applause from the crowd at Mt. Pisgah AME Church on Forrest Street.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/10/4 14:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ais4Anarchy wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I hope no-one's sniffing for a future State Political role by doing favors?

Of course he is. Why do we keep thinking that politicians can be "different" and reform the system created by their fellow politicians? People that are really different or want real reform aren't allowed entrance to the cess pool. Fulop will do the same thing as Booker did. He will treat the city as a rung on the ladder of his political career; something to be stepped on and left beneath him before anything really changes.

I don't think Fulop is getting anything in exchange for McGreevey. McGreevey is a political untouchable. The only thing Fulop gets from this appointment is publicity for the program.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 18:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/2 14:06
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I hope no-one's sniffing for a future State Political role by doing favors?

Of course he is. Why do we keep thinking that politicians can be "different" and reform the system created by their fellow politicians? People that are really different or want real reform aren't allowed entrance to the cess pool. Fulop will do the same thing as Booker did. He will treat the city as a rung on the ladder of his political career; something to be stepped on and left beneath him before anything really changes.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Ex Gov. McGreevey starts new job as director of Jersey City jobs commission

on September 09, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Former Gov. Jim McGreevey, who resigned in disgrace nearly a decade ago after revealing that he is gay and that he had hired his secret lover as a homeland security advisor for which he was not qualified, has been hired as the director of a Jersey City jobs commission. He starts today.

McGreevey, 55, will make $110,000 annually as executive director of the Jersey City Employment & Training Program, a group that administers the city?s employment program. McGreevey will also help implement a prisoner re-entry program that Mayor Steve Fulop hopes will become a national model.

Bob Knapp, former JCETP chair, predicted a fight when Fulop first announced that he planned to put McGreevey in charge of the jobs program. But Knapp, who last week became the board?s vice chair, ended up voting in favor of the appointment Thursday.

The prisoner re-entry program, which has been slated to open at the Hub shopping center on Martin Luther King Drive over the objections of community leaders there, should be up and running by January, McGreevey said.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... _new_jo.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/9/10 6:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In order to have redemption you must also make restitution. How can he correct the problems excessive bonding he did in NJ or the misspending of education funds? Did he say he was sorry to people who are now turn down for Medicare because he spent the tobacco settlement? Words are cheap. McGreevey is also trying to protect his legacy.

Really good points too. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 20:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

arcy wrote:
It says "By most accounts, his decade-long redemption is legit. He?s found religion and purpose. After a failed bid for Episcopalian priesthood, he turned to social work. For several years now, he?s counseled women in the Hudson County jail about addiction and life after prison. Some will call that purgatory. He calls it his passion."

Until I read this thread, I didn't realize that McGreevey has been working with prisoners.
And I believe in second chances. I believe in second chances for the prisoners and now for McGreevey

Prisoners who have been released have served their crime. McGreevey hasn't ever copped to his crimes. He used his sexual orientation to dodge the issue. It wasn't him being a 'gay American' it was him being corrupt.

Monroe, that's a good point.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
In order to have redemption you must also make restitution. How can he correct the problems excessive bonding he did in NJ or the misspending of education funds? Did he say he was sorry to people who are now turn down for Medicare because he spent the tobacco settlement? Words are cheap. McGreevey is also trying to protect his legacy.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

arcy wrote:
It says "By most accounts, his decade-long redemption is legit. He?s found religion and purpose. After a failed bid for Episcopalian priesthood, he turned to social work. For several years now, he?s counseled women in the Hudson County jail about addiction and life after prison. Some will call that purgatory. He calls it his passion."

Until I read this thread, I didn't realize that McGreevey has been working with prisoners.
And I believe in second chances. I believe in second chances for the prisoners and now for McGreevey

Prisoners who have been released have served their time. McGreevey hasn't ever copped to his crimes. He used his sexual orientation to dodge the issue. It wasn't him being a 'gay American' it was him being corrupt.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

arcy wrote:

Prisoners who have been released have served their crime. McGreevey hasn't ever copped to his crimes. He used his sexual orientation to dodge the issue. It wasn't him being a 'gay American' it was him being corrupt.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 19:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/9/7 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I did read the article and there are more negative comments about this appointment. Basically, the comments say, you come to Hudson County to resurrect your career and one person is wondering when we add Bernie Madoff to our payroll.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 16:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
This thread has been helpful for me. At first, I was very skeptical and displeased with the appointment. But your points about McGreevey's work on prison re-entry are helpful and this editorial today:
http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page ... mcgreevey_fulop_make.html
I'm willing to be hopeful with the appointment.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I just wondering, McGreevey took the tobacco settlement money for Medicaid patients to balanced the state budget. And the state is cutting back now on Medicaid patients. Will he try same thing as director of this program? Take money from one program to balance another program?

Posted on: 2013/9/5 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's official: former governor McGreevey hired to lead Jersey City jobs program

Former Gov. Jim McGreevey, who resigned in disgrace nearly a decade ago after revealing that he is gay and that he had hired his secret lover as a homeland security advisor for which he had no qualifications, was hired this morning as the director of a Jersey City jobs commission.

Read more

Posted on: 2013/9/5 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Well said, JPhurst. I agree.

As for McGreevey -- Prisoner re-entry is a huge problem. It is not easy for an ex-prisoner to find employment, and unemployment makes it more likely that the ex-prisoner will return to criminal activity. How many ex-drug dealers return to drug dealing when they get out because they can't find any other way to support themselves and their dependents?

McGreevey has developed a specialty in prisoner re-entry over the past several years, and he's supposedly good at it, with a proven track record in Harlem. I'm willing to give him a chance and see what he can accomplish.

Meanwhile he certainly will know that there are many critical eyes on him.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 18:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/10 23:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Instead of speculating make a request for a listing of for all new hires, transfers, terminations and post them here, this should be public record and easily assessable. I?m leaning to the side with JPHurst on this issue where Mayor Fulop should have only people who follow his vision in his office and oversee the departments. These are managerial positions and their jobs are at the will of the Mayor.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not sure what jobs people are talking about. Almost all mid to low level jobs in this city are civil service protected, and the administration has not and cannot remove those people without cause. You think the administration wants to keep Kabili Tayari around for any reason whatsoever?

Certainly at the policy making level, the administration is going to appoint people that share the mayor's vision. At least some major positions have been hires through the open resume process. I know that some of these people were supporters of Fulop but hardly activists. Put it this way, if Fulop were awarding positions to people based on campaign activity, there would be a lot of people in front of Vivian Brady-Phillips. I know that Vivian did co-host one fund raiser (as did I) but she did not spend much time on the campaign.

Of course there will be people appointed to positions that share the mayor's vision, and many of them will have been supporters of the campaign, because with a few exceptions, everyone who was interested in reforming this city and had the talent to do something supported the obvious choice for mayor, whether in a major or minor capacity.

I really think it is outrageous to say that this is "spoils system as usual" and equating the common turnover in administrations to hiring friends. The quality of the hires, including many people with little or no connection to the campaign, speaks for itself.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
The interesting thing is the public announcement that was released shortly after the election announcing an open and transparent hiring policy for positions in Jersey City Government. It discussed renaming of the Jersey City Government HR office. It also highlighted a new hiring process that included publishing all available positions with a preference to Jersey City residents. That has yet to be followed through with.... it should have been a priority.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 12:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
from what I have been seeing, this statement is pretty much accurate. we have a spoils system and it remains unchanged. it is what it is - but honestly, I am stunned by amount of the low to mid level new hires many of them friends. Quote:
SOS wrote: If you must know, JCNewJersey works at the Dept. of <-redacted->, and got <-redacted-> job from Mayor <-redacted->. <-redacted-> worked as a volunteer for the campaign of <-redacted->, in Ward <-redacted->, and of course lost. Now <-redacted-> is bitter, and blames everyone except <-redacted->. I hope this clears things up. Quote:
JCNewJersey wrote: To SOS. Who cares about you or what you think. I care and know that this transition has been handled unprofessionally and with prejudice. You are being insulting and defensive. I am a non political taxpayer who has the freedom to voice fact and opinion here and in any other legal forum. Quote:
SOS wrote: Quote:
JCNewJersey wrote: What the hell is going on? In addition to McGreevey, the internal City shakeup resembles nothing but Marshall Law. People are being abused left and right and ripped from their jobs and replaced by unqualified Fulop campaign workers. The assumption by Fulop cronies is that anyone under Healy is tarnished and has no merit or value. What is happening now is so reprehensible I am thoroughly disgusted.
Please provide details and name names, or I'll assume that you're an incompetent patronage hack on the losing end of the stick.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 11:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
If you must know, JCNewJersey works at the Dept. of <-redacted->, and got <-redacted-> job from Mayor <-redacted->. <-redacted-> worked as a volunteer for the campaign of <-redacted->, in Ward <-redacted->, and of course lost. Now <-redacted-> is bitter, and blames everyone except <-redacted->. I hope this clears things up. Quote:
JCNewJersey wrote: To SOS. Who cares about you or what you think. I care and know that this transition has been handled unprofessionally and with prejudice. You are being insulting and defensive. I am a non political taxpayer who has the freedom to voice fact and opinion here and in any other legal forum. Quote:
SOS wrote: Quote:
JCNewJersey wrote: What the hell is going on? In addition to McGreevey, the internal City shakeup resembles nothing but Marshall Law. People are being abused left and right and ripped from their jobs and replaced by unqualified Fulop campaign workers. The assumption by Fulop cronies is that anyone under Healy is tarnished and has no merit or value. What is happening now is so reprehensible I am thoroughly disgusted.
Please provide details and name names, or I'll assume that you're an incompetent patronage hack on the losing end of the stick.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:

To SOS. Who cares about you or what you think. I care and know that this transition has been handled unprofessionally and with prejudice.

You are being insulting and defensive. I am a non political taxpayer who has the freedom to voice fact and opinion here and in any other legal forum.

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:
What the hell is going on? In addition to McGreevey, the internal City shakeup resembles nothing but Marshall Law. People are being abused left and right and ripped from their jobs and replaced by unqualified Fulop campaign workers. The assumption by Fulop cronies is that anyone under Healy is tarnished and has no merit or value. What is happening now is so reprehensible I am thoroughly disgusted.

Provide details or your comments don't mean much, that's all.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 15:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users

To SOS. Who cares about you or what you think. I care and know that this transition has been handled unprofessionally and with prejudice.

You are being insulting and defensive. I am a non political taxpayer who has the freedom to voice fact and opinion here and in any other legal forum.

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:
What the hell is going on? In addition to McGreevey, the internal City shakeup resembles nothing but Marshall Law. People are being abused left and right and ripped from their jobs and replaced by unqualified Fulop campaign workers. The assumption by Fulop cronies is that anyone under Healy is tarnished and has no merit or value. What is happening now is so reprehensible I am thoroughly disgusted.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/2 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
well said Peter Basso.

while the new administration should be given an opportunity to do what they said they would do and not be pounced on for every move, I hope they reconsider this hire as they did with Councilwoman Watterman's initial intent to hire her daughter as council aide.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 13:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users

nj.com

Op-Ed: Didn't Fulop run against corruption?

The Jersey Journal By The Jersey Journal
on August 01, 2013 at 10:18 AM, updated August 01, 2013 at 3:56 PM

By PETER BASSO
SPECIAL TO THE JOURNAL

As an openly gay man and active member of the Jersey City community, I am deeply disturbed by Mayor Steven Fulop's announcement that former governor Jim McGreevey will lead the Jersey City Employment & Training Commission. Though I support the administration's ambitions for the commission, I respectfully disagree with its choice of appointee and feel strongly that McGreevey's historic lack of integrity should disqualify him from working in our city, especially now when we seemed poised to shake the aura of corruption that has dominated for so long.

In 2004, McGreevey used his confession "I am a gay American" as a grand distraction from his disgraceful conduct, which included bribery, cover-ups, and abuse of power. Entrusted with the highest office in the state, McGreevey squandered that trust and damaged the state Democratic party (as well as the cause of marriage equality in New Jersey).

McGreevey's sin was no mere sex scandal. Nor was it giving and taking bribes in the classic sense.

Rather, what stung the most was the sheer dishonesty and disingenuousness of his confession. At that famous press conference with his wife standing at his side and the world watching, McGreevey threw the entire gay community under the bus and blamed his misconduct on the injustices of life in the closet. He cast himself as the victim, and later wrote a vain "tell all" book ("The Confession") to profit from his story. Of course, it was McGreevey's personal ambition and lust for power that led him astray and not his sexual preference.

In light of the Supreme Court's recent decision on the Defense of Marriage Act and the dozens of entertainers and public figures who have come out in the last decade, it would be difficult to argue McGreevey's actions caused any lasting harm to the LGBT movement or public perceptions of gay people.

Yet, McGreevey's confession in 2004 came at the height of an anti-gay backlash that culminated in bans on same-sex marriage being passed in 11 states that November. McGreevey's scandal compounded this setback for our community. His resignation and the lost Corzine years caused New Jersey to forfeit any leadership role on marriage equality nationally. To date, our state remains saddled with second-class civil unions.

McGreevey was also among the first public figures (and surely the first chief executive of a state) to come out. Unfortunately, the ugly circumstances made it a shameful moment for the gay community. As gay writer Eric Marcus told the New York Times, "Here is a man who chose to hide who he was, came out under pressure because he had engaged in an adulterous affair, had given his romantic partner a government job. It's not exactly a moment I think anybody who has been involved in the gay rights movement can take pride in." As a young gay man from New Jersey who had only recently come out myself, I was mortified and ashamed.

Given the depths to which McGreevey sank, the public should expect more than a rose-colored HBO documentary and a few years in Episcopal ministry (a religious calling that apparently has been trumped by the calling of the public spotlight) before returning any of the keys of government to him.

I would have hoped Mayor Fulop's administration would be more circumspect. After all, Team Fulop campaigned in large part on the public corruption of the Healy administration. In the final weeks of the campaign, my neighbors and I came home to piles of mailers featuring pictures of a googly-eyed Mayor Healy under surveillance by the FBI. The previous administration was rotten, we were told.

And yet, the new administration mysteriously asks us to place confidence in McGreevey, someone who took the notion of public corruption to new heights and had the gall to name being gay as the cause.

Though Mayor Fulop asks us to judge McGreevey on his performance, it will be very difficult for me to separate the performance from the man.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Peter Basso is a Jersey City Heights resident who serves on various boards of nonprofit community civic organizations. He also ran unsuccessfully for an Assembly 33rd District seat in the 2013 Democratic Party primary.

? 2013 NJ.com. All rights reserved.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 12:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Consensus might suggest McGreevey's appointment is a bad one which gives a negative view on corruption, poor governance, ethical standards, personal integrity and no consequences to such behavior and conviction.
Public Office has no second chances when you have commited a crime and betrayed the public trust.

Fulop needs to ask himself would any private sector corporation employ McGreevey with his history... I suggest they would not and cityhall should NEVER be the charity institution to employ reject State and Federal employees.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 2:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/2 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What about employing someone who sets a priority that looks out for the common man, the honest person, the law-abiding person, the tax payer instead of providing a preference to someone who caters to the needs of felons and convicts!
I makes one believe that a convicted criminal has better access to cityhall services by this appointment.

Also why not get current prisoners of low risk with correctional officer supervison, to paint cityhall buildings and assets as required?

Posted on: 2013/7/23 2:40
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Political Insider: Will McGreevey earn his nice salary?

By Agustin C. Torres/The Jersey Journal
July 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM

When Steven Fulop was about to get sworn in as mayor of Jersey City, he first had his City Hall office and adjoining rooms painted white. With an inauguration approaching, the last thing he wanted was for visiting dignitaries to see a dingy chief executive?s office with clutter and faded, dark walls.

Let?s face it, the building facade also needs a power wash. The same can be said with the city, where some high-powered governing is needed to clean up the mess.

This week, the mayor accepted an invitation to sit with The Jersey Journal Editorial Board for a chat. Journal reporter Terrence McDonald has had several articles this week that came out of the session, including Fulop?s selection of deputy mayors and other posts. There?s still one coming on his transition report.

It was not like the mayor did not expect it. It started with a lengthy discussion about the hiring of former gov. Jim McGreevey as head of the city jobs commission. Some members of the Editorial Board were incredulous that the best person Fulop could find for the post is the disgraced McGreevey, who resigned before completing his first term as the state?s top executive.

The mayor defended the selection, noting that besides bringing obvious attention to the post, McGreevey has had a decade of prison ministry, helping convicts find employment and working with addicts. Everyone was familiar with the HBO documentary, ?Fall to Grace,? about the former governor?s jailhouse work. We take the point of view that documentaries are never neutral. ?Let?s see how he does a year from now,? the mayor said of McGreevey.

McGreevey?s transformation from Machiavelli to a modern day St. Thomas Aquinas aside, I just wonder why the onetime mayor of Woodbridge lobbied for the post. It?s also obvious that the ex-gov got help from one high-powered lawyer with whom he had a relationship during his gubernatorial days. This legal eagle also helped quarterback Fulop?s vaunted transition report.

It comes down to one thing ? McGreevey needs the $110,000 annual salary. I can?t see his expanded role springboarding him to any return to political prominence, as some critics believe. I do sense that the most controversial figure in the Fulop administration does enjoy the limelight. Fulop is right, time ? and jobs ? will tell.

INSIDER NOTES:

? During the mayoral campaign, Fulop met with leaders of the local affiliates of the New Jersey Building and Construction Trades, seeking the support among the council?s 15 affiliate unions. He could only muster an endorsement from two. The rest backed incumbent Jerramiah Healy.

It wasn?t because Healy had any ideas about how to help the union find jobs or anything, ahem, constructive. Fulop was told, ?We just know Jerry.?
The reformer was told if he somehow managed to pull an upset (snicker), he would be invited to speak at the council?s Atlantic City convention.

Early Wednesday morning, Fulop drove down to Atlantic City. The mayor talked to them about his plans to entice development to all parts of the city, providing more employment opportunities. City jobs commission head and talisman McGreevey accompanied the mayor.

? Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise has started his ?convince the county mayors he?s serious about running for re-election? tour. Having several small fundraising events, DeGise now has a large scale fund-raiser scheduled for Sept. 18 at the Maritime Parc restaurant and catering facility in Liberty State Park, Jersey City.
DeGise wants to stop any rumors that he?s ready to retire. The election is in 2015.

? Fulop has discovered two wall safes in his mayoral office that no one knows how to open. He checked with former mayor Gerald McCann, who said he has no idea and amazingly has never seen them opened. There is a ?What?s in Al Capone?s vault?? potential here. I suggested to Fulop that there may be a number of experts in the Hudson County jail who could help. His answer was an unintelligible grunt.

-- Kearny has a new 25-foot fire boat they call ?Marine 3,? which I presume means it cost more than $300,000 to carry three firefighters. Mayor Al Santos called it ?a priority? because the town is surrounded by rivers. Hopefully it?s properly equipped with a wet bar and at least a half-dozen fishing rod holders. Kidding, guys

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... mcgreev.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/7/23 0:52

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017