Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Another McGreevy connection as a senior adviser???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, Christie is for gay rights. He offered a referendum on gay marriage, even though he opposes it personally due to the religious beliefs he and many other NJ voters hold.

I hope you're ire was as strong at Gov Corzine and the Democratic held Legislature, who had the ability to write legislation about gay marriage when the Democrats held Trenton and were veto proof-and DIDN'T DO IT.

Conveniently, our GED Democrat leader Sweeney now looks back with 20/20 political regret, how shocking-and politically self serving!

(Stronger than the storm money came from the Feds, in case you didn't know or forgot-and was earmarked for NJ Shore PR-no houses needing repair were shorted because of this successful PR effort).

Posted on: 2013/9/6 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Didn't the new McGreevey/Fulop hire work for the same firm that Christie was accused of steering the Stronger than the Storm media towards? I don't hear all the whiners mentioning that.

McGreevey's gayness was known to anyone halfway with a clue in NJ, going back to his days of cruising Garden State Parkway rest stops while mayor of Woodbridge and earlier. No biggie there. The issue was hiring his lover, a foreign national, to an incredibly sensitive and important position meant to safeguard the citizens of NJ. I'll never forgive him for that, and this bad judgment should preclude him for any public office.

Christie is accused of spending more money, which is the state's, to promote himself in a commercial. Fulop isn't in the same boat. I still don't understand how you don't get why Christie's actions are in bad judgement.

As for hiring a guy, yeah, bad idea. Is it all that worse than being an open bigot? You like the current guy just fine and he outwardly fights against equal rights for his own state's residents. One is stupid, the other is reprehensible.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 20:32
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
Hahaha, so how long before it comes out that Fulop hires a male aid just like his buddy McGreevey???

It's a complete joke that our city is paying a disgraced clown like McGreevey a six figure salary to do nothing, and apparently he's bringing his connections with him.

Outside of the hiring of his boyfriend, how disgraceful was McGreevey? He was actually a solid governor, probably the best we've had over the last 30 years. The hire of an unqualified person for that job was an exceptionally poor decision. However, he's certainly not the first to do so and he won't be the last.

Ask his ex-wife and daughter how disgraceful he was, I'm sure they can fill you in.

Chris Christie is a solid gov, McGreevey is a punchline who now gets paid by our city tax dollars to do nothing.

McGreevey embarrassed his family by not being honest with them and trying to live a lie.

I do not buy that, I don't believe any women who marries a gay guy does not have some idea or clue. She is a smart women .... WTF, when he was sworn in everyone in my circle thought he was gay. I honestly think she knew and did not care.... Most successful gay men start out with a beard or are a long time career bachelor (Like Booker)

Hmm? Maybe. Maybe not. I?m not going to assume. I do remember the rumblings and rumors. I?ve just seen a lot of things and to assume that just because others believed him to be gay that his wife definitely knew? I don?t know.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
The Golan Cipel nonsense was just part of the overall picture of his wrongdoings.

McGreedy was also accused of multiple scandals of pay to play and extortion ("Machiavelli" anyone?). But before anything was brought against him, he busted out the "I am a gay American" press conference, and magically, everything disappeared.

So while, technically, he's never been found guilty of any of these crimes, his background is extremely suspect. He comes into this position with a lot of baggage.

Regarding his Golan Cipel incident...I'm sorry but that's more than just "bad judgment".

Considering that JC is known to have housed terrorists of the '93 bombing, as well as members of other terrorist groups, and probably still do so to this day, I take it personally that this fraud willingly put our well being in danger. It's my opinion that McGreedy's bad judgments were more egregious than Pebble and others will admit.

I don't give a crap that he's gay. I give a bigger crap that he's never truly come clean about his past frauds. If he did that, I would be willing to give him another shot; we all deserve a second chance.

Given that, he's still a fraud and Fulop is incredibly wrong in appointing this clown in a JC position.

Really? So putting this guy in a figurehead position is a major deal?

I think it?s a bigger problem that states like Wisconsin were receiving more federal money to fight terrorists than New Jersey and New York while W was president. How many news reports came out about ?The Most Dangerous Mile in America?? Do you know that to this day the only people patrolling are local Kearny cops? Our current governor couldn?t give a flying fig nor does this president or the last one.

If McGreevey could have been nailed on the whole Machiavelli thing, I?m certain he would have. Political careers are made with such prosecutions and Christie was the prosecutor (hence the leaking of very specific information about the case). We also know about the Bush directive to all US Attorneys that they would be fired if they weren?t going after Democratic politicians.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Pebble, perhaps you did not live in NJ during McGreevey's tenure. McGreevey and Christine Todd Whitman were the worst. They put NJ in a great deal of debt. I mentioned earlier; McGreevey put the tobacco settlement for Medicaid patients into his budget. The state is now making it difficult for people to qualify to Medicare. Also money that was set aside to build new schools in NJ was gone in two years, the plan was to have the funds available for 10 years. There was no cost control under his tenure.

Nope, I was around. I remember Whitman taking the money from the teacher?s pension to balance the books. Then when the teachers asked for money for retirement, it wasn?t there. The subsequent governors kept passing it down the line until our current lard decided to say that teachers weren?t entitled to it.

McGreevey had all of two years. He didn?t spend the money away.

The fact that he pushed for stem cell research and gay rights are positives that our current governor attempts to remove.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 20:28
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't the new McGreevey/Fulop hire work for the same firm that Christie was accused of steering the Stronger than the Storm media towards? I don't hear all the whiners mentioning that.

McGreevey's gayness was known to anyone halfway with a clue in NJ, going back to his days of cruising Garden State Parkway rest stops while mayor of Woodbridge and earlier. No biggie there. The issue was hiring his lover, a foreign national, to an incredibly sensitive and important position meant to safeguard the citizens of NJ. I'll never forgive him for that, and this bad judgment should preclude him for any public office.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, perhaps you did not live in NJ during McGreevey's tenure. McGreevey and Christine Todd Whitman were the worst. They put NJ in a great deal of debt. I mentioned earlier; McGreevey put the tobacco settlement for Medicaid patients into his budget. The state is now making it difficult for people to qualify to Medicare. Also money that was set aside to build new schools in NJ was gone in two years, the plan was to have the funds available for 10 years. There was no cost control under his tenure.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
The Golan Cipel nonsense was just part of the overall picture of his wrongdoings.

McGreedy was also accused of multiple scandals of pay to play and extortion ("Machiavelli" anyone?). But before anything was brought against him, he busted out the "I am a gay American" press conference, and magically, everything disappeared.

So while, technically, he's never been found guilty of any of these crimes, his background is extremely suspect. He comes into this position with a lot of baggage.

Regarding his Golan Cipel incident...I'm sorry but that's more than just "bad judgment".

Considering that JC is known to have housed terrorists of the '93 bombing, as well as members of other terrorist groups, and probably still do so to this day, I take it personally that this fraud willingly put our well being in danger. It's my opinion that McGreedy's bad judgments were more egregious than Pebble and others will admit.

I don't give a crap that he's gay. I give a bigger crap that he's never truly come clean about his past frauds. If he did that, I would be willing to give him another shot; we all deserve a second chance.

Given that, he's still a fraud and Fulop is incredibly wrong in appointing this clown in a JC position.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
Hahaha, so how long before it comes out that Fulop hires a male aid just like his buddy McGreevey???

It's a complete joke that our city is paying a disgraced clown like McGreevey a six figure salary to do nothing, and apparently he's bringing his connections with him.

Outside of the hiring of his boyfriend, how disgraceful was McGreevey? He was actually a solid governor, probably the best we've had over the last 30 years. The hire of an unqualified person for that job was an exceptionally poor decision. However, he's certainly not the first to do so and he won't be the last.

McGreevy's political corruption / sexual orientation was discussed on another link... point of my post was really to wonder who is really pulling the strings??? JC taxpayers are paying this Adviser 15K a year for his political connections???

Posted on: 2013/9/6 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:

Ask his ex-wife and daughter how disgraceful he was, I'm sure they can fill you in.

Chris Christie is a solid gov, McGreevey is a punchline who now gets paid by our city tax dollars to do nothing.

McGreevey embarrassed his family by not being honest with them and trying to live a lie.

I do not buy that, I don't believe any women who marries a gay guy does not have some idea or clue. She is a smart women .... WTF, when he was sworn in everyone in my circle thought he was gay. I honestly think she knew and did not care.... Most successful gay men start out with a beard or are a long time career bachelor (Like Booker)

Posted on: 2013/9/6 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:

McGreevey embarrassed his family by not being honest with them and trying to live a lie. That didn't mean the job he did with the state was bad.

Christie has done absolutely zero since taking the job outside of yell at teachers, bully unions, hand tax credits to huge business to create a few menial jobs that has, in turn, forced a tax regular people. Some could even argue his fat ugly face on television embarrasses our state quite a bit.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 16:32
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:

+ 1 Christie can suck my big....

Posted on: 2013/9/6 16:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/19 19:16
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/9/6 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/9/6 15:34
Dos A Cero

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/19 19:16
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/9/6 15:08

Another McGreevy connection as a senior adviser???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/9/6 13:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password: