Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 20 »

Re: The Beacon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Know the area like the back of my hand.

Pastore Liquor ? - I went to school with one of the sons of the original owner.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
5 blks is old hat to me, but Yuppies walking thru a crappy un gentrified part of JC with fuck all to see for a coffee and bagel while paying $1700+ for a one bedroom has proven a tough sell.

Not saying that the price isn't high. However, you really don't know the area. You've shown this before when talking about anything outside Downtown...

Posted on: 2015/9/1 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
5 blks is old hat to me, but Yuppies walking thru a crappy un gentrified part of JC with fuck all to see for a coffee and bagel while paying $1700+ for a one bedroom has proven a tough sell.

Not saying that the price isn't high. However, you really don't know the area. You've shown this before when talking about anything outside Downtown...

Posted on: 2015/9/1 22:02
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
You're clueless.

Wonder Bagels is blocks away.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Well, that is one opinion from a person that knows almost nothing about the area...

Montgomery Gardens was not abandoned when it was first built. Their destruction should certainly have a positive impact.

I don?t live in the building, but their amenities seem really nice. JSQ is a short walk away. Pastore Liquor store does stock a fridge full of craft beer. McGinley Square Pub is up the road and quite good. Honey Bakery is excellent. There is also the new Wonder Bagels location.

In terms of restaurants and such in the immediate area, you don?t really have it. CitiBike did put a location nearby, though biking back up the hill might not be the easiest.

Since when is 5 blocks some major hike? Do you only visit places within one block of your apartment?

Posted on: 2015/9/1 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
You're clueless.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Well, that is one opinion from a person that knows almost nothing about the area...

Montgomery Gardens was not abandoned when it was first built. Their destruction should certainly have a positive impact.

I don?t live in the building, but their amenities seem really nice. JSQ is a short walk away. Pastore Liquor store does stock a fridge full of craft beer. McGinley Square Pub is up the road and quite good. Honey Bakery is excellent. There is also the new Wonder Bagels location.

In terms of restaurants and such in the immediate area, you don?t really have it. CitiBike did put a location nearby, though biking back up the hill might not be the easiest.

Since when is 5 blocks some major hike? Do you only visit places within one block of your apartment?

Posted on: 2015/9/1 16:55
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
You're clueless.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/1 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Reviews have been overwhelmingly negative since this place opened and continue in that vein. Google Reviews has another 2 from just the past month.

Yelp continues to be replete with horror stories of the management, and Apartment Ratings warn of all the same problems with malfunctioning amenities and management that doesn't care.

Knocking down Montgomery Gardens will do nothing to alleviate any of these problems. And $1,700 for a studio is not really that good of a deal considering the lack of development in the immediate area and the fact that none of the "luxury" elements of the building seem to work half the time.

The management of the Beacon have shown zero interest in addressing any of these problems and is apparently quite content to have a toxic reputation as a shitty building. I have little sympathy for anyone who fails to do their due diligence, or worse, ignores all of these horror stories and moves into this building.

Posted on: 2015/9/1 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
I think Beacon provides good value and great views but i'd probably want to talk to some residents and ask about noise, management company response time, shuttle services, safety/security etc... Looking at their online reviews (only for the rental portion), i'd investigate a bit more before purchasing/renting.

Posted on: 2015/9/1 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/1 14:28
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
When these first opened they were so desperate for sales they ran weekly auctions for units and some ppl ended up walking away with some really nice deals.

The quality of the work inside the units is total B grade contracting, hollow framed out sheetrock walls in what may have been some rather interesting original rooms.

Location is not a comfortable walking distance to either Grove or JSQ Path.

There is ziltch in that immediate area.

Those obvious drawbacks and probably a reason why the project never took off.

Posted on: 2015/9/1 7:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
bump - looking for more recent opinions about the beacon. HOA fees seem high but they include most utilities i gather? I think it's a bit ridiculous that parking costs so much extra per month, however.

will the knocking down of montgomery gardens positively affect living at the Beacon? they were already abandoned, no?

Posted on: 2015/9/1 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

billc wrote:
No, they are relatively high, not astronomoical. I have a one bedroom and I pay 562 per month for the common charges. If you use the amenities, like the bus to commute, the SPA, which has a class 5 rating (the highest rating), the indoor pool, hot tubs, library, billiards hall, poker room , study areas, roof deck grilling area, dog run, etc., then you will consider it worth it. If you don't, that's up to you.

Doesnt beacon also include all utilities (ac, heat, and electricity) in the condo fee? or is that not the case.

Also is self parking available now and how much is it a month? valet only parking was a major reason we didnt buy there.

Thank you

Doesn't include electricity. Heating, cooling and gas for range are included as well as hot water. They recently began offering self-park options which strangely where more expensive than valet.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

billc wrote:
No, they are relatively high, not astronomoical. I have a one bedroom and I pay 562 per month for the common charges. If you use the amenities, like the bus to commute, the SPA, which has a class 5 rating (the highest rating), the indoor pool, hot tubs, library, billiards hall, poker room , study areas, roof deck grilling area, dog run, etc., then you will consider it worth it. If you don't, that's up to you.

Doesnt beacon also include all utilities (ac, heat, and electricity) in the condo fee? or is that not the case.

Also is self parking available now and how much is it a month? valet only parking was a major reason we didnt buy there.

Thank you

Posted on: 2014/1/6 22:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/27 1:30
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
New luxury rental launches at the Beacon in Jersey City

The Paramount rental building is now open. The distinctive 23-story building features 232 modern rental residences, private amenities and some of the most dramatic spaces and architectural elements found within The Beacon?s collection of historically-restored buildings in Jersey City.

Previously utilized as the location for numerous movies due its unique Art Deco spaces, including Titanic, Quiz Show and Annie, The Paramount?s majestic lobby features a dramatic double-height space dominated by 12 marble columns and a grand stairwell of white and gray marble that leads to a mezzanine level. Private amenities include a fitness center with state-of-the-art Cybex equipment, separate yoga room and lounge area. A first-floor Clubroom features multiple lounge areas, a projection screen TV and Wifi, while a 19th floor sunroom/conservatory with outdoor furnished terrace offers stunning views of the Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty.

Monthly rents start at $1,700 for the Paramount?s new studio, one- and two-bedroom residences -- many of which offer panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline and Liberty State Park.

Beacon residents also enjoy valet and self garage parking and courtesy shuttle service to the Grove St. and Exchange Place PATH/Ferry Stations. There?s also a landscaped community park offering Manhattan skyline views, a private 2-acre park with children?s playground and organic garden spaces, and two dog runs.

For more information on The Beacon, call (877) 640-4945, or visit The Beacon?s website at www.thebeaconjc.com. The community?s Leasing Center is located at 20 Beacon Way, Jersey City, NJ 07304.

HR New luxury rental launches at the Beacon in Jersey City

It's unfortunate that the community, as initially envisioned, fell apart when the initial developer bailed. Still a great place to live - both for renters and owners - but not what it was supposed to be.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
New luxury rental launches at the Beacon in Jersey City

The Paramount rental building is now open. The distinctive 23-story building features 232 modern rental residences, private amenities and some of the most dramatic spaces and architectural elements found within The Beacon?s collection of historically-restored buildings in Jersey City.

Previously utilized as the location for numerous movies due its unique Art Deco spaces, including Titanic, Quiz Show and Annie, The Paramount?s majestic lobby features a dramatic double-height space dominated by 12 marble columns and a grand stairwell of white and gray marble that leads to a mezzanine level. Private amenities include a fitness center with state-of-the-art Cybex equipment, separate yoga room and lounge area. A first-floor Clubroom features multiple lounge areas, a projection screen TV and Wifi, while a 19th floor sunroom/conservatory with outdoor furnished terrace offers stunning views of the Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty.

Monthly rents start at $1,700 for the Paramount?s new studio, one- and two-bedroom residences -- many of which offer panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline and Liberty State Park.

Beacon residents also enjoy valet and self garage parking and courtesy shuttle service to the Grove St. and Exchange Place PATH/Ferry Stations. There?s also a landscaped community park offering Manhattan skyline views, a private 2-acre park with children?s playground and organic garden spaces, and two dog runs.

For more information on The Beacon, call (877) 640-4945, or visit The Beacon?s website at www.thebeaconjc.com. The community?s Leasing Center is located at 20 Beacon Way, Jersey City, NJ 07304.

HR New luxury rental launches at the Beacon in Jersey City

Posted on: 2013/12/29 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I would love to buy something in the Beacon with a nice view, but the common charges are high!

I think you meant astronomical!

Hi 1rst street, have you considered total cost of ownership?
Here is our experience: we have a condo in the beacon and a comparable one in Dixon mills downtown (we rent out Dixon as we prefer the beacon...don't get me wrong, Dixon is awesome too). The purchase prices were only $5K apart. Taxes and condo fees together are about equal due to the abatement in the beacon. If we didn't have renteral income the cost would be almost exactly equal.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 4:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
The Beacon probably has the coolest and most interesting set of amenities of any JC building.

Unfortunately, the surrounding area isn't the greatest. Move that building to other side of 78, prices would be at least double.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
I have one of the largest 1 bedroom units - my monthly maintenance is over $700 and I rarely use the amenities. But I love my apartment and living at the Beacon, so I'm OK with the cost.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 17:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/9 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/28 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I would love to buy something in the Beacon with a nice view, but the common charges are high!

I think you meant astronomical!

Posted on: 2013/8/28 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
It's a little confusing that they call it a roof deck since it is at ground level of the buildings but it's on the roof of the underground parking deck. There are several other roof decks that are on the top floors of the condo buildings which have incredible views of the surrounding area. You can see the Meadowlands and planes landing at Newark Airport as well as the NY skyline and Liberty Harbor.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/27 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
I live at The Beacon. That is the roof deck and the view. I own my condo unit and the rental units rent rapidly as they are completed.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 20:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
07310 and jcguy05, think again. The view and orientation fo the buildings looks spot-on to me.

This view is clearly a rendering, and they may have take some liberties, but I'd say it's probably accurate for the top of a 6th-story parking deck at the Beacon. The perspective makes it look like a waterfront promenade (not accidental, I'm sure) so you can't tell that it's actually 2 miles away from the water.

Montgomery Street is a pretty tall hill, so at the top of the hill, you get phenomenal views even from a relatively modest height. The views from the roofdeck of m650 (across the street from the Beacon) are stunning, even though the building's only 5 stories tall.

The real question here is, why is the Jersey Journal making this look like a news article, when it's an unabashed marketing piece?

Posted on: 2013/8/27 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
The photo looks like it was taken from the Promenade in Brooklyn Heights. it's not the same view from Jersey City.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 18:01

Re: New roof deck at The Beacon in Jersey City offers views of Manhattan and the Hudson River
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
What is the connection between that photo and beacon's roof top deck. Not the same area or location at all...

Posted on: 2013/8/27 17:25

New roof deck at The Beacon in Jersey City offers views of Manhattan and the Hudson River
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

The Jersey Journal

A new six-level parking garage offering 510 parking spaces and a 45,000 square-foot landscaped roof deck has opened at The Beacon in Jersey City.

The new roof deck becomes the centerpiece of the private pocket parks and open green space within the gated community. This deck features a distinctive entrance courtyard, seating, lighting, walking paths, flower beds, lawns and an overlook terrace offering views of the Hudson River and Manhattan skyline.

?The completion of this parking garage and roof deck brings us closer to our goal of making The Beacon one of the greenest urban residential communities in the region,? said Beth Polychrones, general manager at The Beacon. ?Our residents already enjoy substantial green space that includes a two-acre pocket park, a dog run, organic community gardens and a children?s playground.?

The Beacon also features 50,000 square feet of indoor amenities, including a pool, Grotto lounge with hot tubs, his/her saunas and steam, social sauna and treatment rooms; a yoga studio, 24/7 state-of-the-art fitness center, lounge screening room, children?s playroom, restored Art Deco theater/event space, poker room and a billiards hall as well as valet parking and courtesy shuttle service to the Grove Street and Exchange Place PATH/Ferry Stations.

Leasing activity reportedly has been brisk at The Beacon this summer. The Beacon?s newest offering, the 158-unit Orpheum, is more than 75 percent leased.

Net-effective monthly rents in the 22-story Orpheum building currently start at $1,670 for studio, one- and two-bedroom residences ranging from 592 to 1,310 square feet of living space.

For information on The Beacon, call (877) 640-4945, or visit www.thebeaconjc.com. The Leasing Center is located at 20 Beacon Way, Jersey City.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 17:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/7 2:57
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
I love the Beacon. I wish I could afford to live there. It's like Art Deco heaven. Is it true the grand staircase in the movie Titanic is one of the staircases in the Beacon?

Although not connected directly to the Titanic, a fair number of owners are under water

Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Too bad. That would have been cool if it was true.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 23:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/9 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
There is a grand staircase in the Paramount that has been used in videos but it does not look like the ship's grand staircase. As far as I know the grand staircase in the Titanic movie was a set built for the movie.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
I love the Beacon. I wish I could afford to live there. It's like Art Deco heaven. Is it true the grand staircase in the movie Titanic is one of the staircases in the Beacon?

Posted on: 2013/5/31 6:21

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 20 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017