Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: All the graffiti around town recently
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Terrorist act? Without a doubt, you have jumped the shark. And, booby traps!? Do you actually know, or understand, what a booby trap really is?? Are you advocating that we kill, maim, or otherwise injure, a person illegally tagging a building? I get the frustration, but let's maintain some perspective and be reasonable.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Actually now that you mention it the graffiti seems rampant all over the Heights especially on the east side. This is a terrorist act and should be dealt in a serious manner. If they are youngersters then the parents should be held liable with a court judgement put on them for defacing property. I doubt any of the "artists" are home owners or products of. It's funny you never see graffiti on cars. How about security cameras and booby traps. Let's nab 'em !

Posted on: 2014/3/17 13:52
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
I have noticed one positive form of graffiti though I'd argue it's actually street art.

A building on the corner of Coles and Columbus has been abandoned for decades. It's on the list of properties the city is planning to seize. Someone tagged something lewd on there a few weeks ago. About a week ago I noticed that someone had put up what looks like a wheat paste drawing, that is a figure heavily inspired by "the thinker" but sitting on an oil drum. They completely covered the lewd graffitti.

Whoever you are who did this - thank you! If I'm going to have to stare at a dilapidated building, I'd rather it become a piece of art than a regular piece of sh*t.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 12:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
In the heights last year, it was a pair of teens. They eventually got caught. However, being juveniles, not much really happens to them.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned
There seems to be so much graffiti around town these days. THey are tagging brand new buildings, and beautiful old brick buildings. It's just awful. Who is doing this? Is it kids? When are they doing it?

Posted on: 2014/3/17 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe the graffiti artists are trying to rebrand the city.

Posted on: 2014/3/16 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
I would like to start a public shaming blog/website for owners that don't remove or contact the city to remove the graffiti.

so, my place just got tagged last night. does the city actually have a removal service? the online help center only lists removal for public buildings.

http://mygovhelp.com/JERSEYCITYNJ/_cs ... CEALNAAHTZCJZRGNEJMPWUHMR

Posted on: 2014/3/15 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
For the record, this guy hasn't fix the sign and he still rep's the nastiest properties in downtown, enjoy the view bottom feeder!

Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
Al Chiconelli at American homes realty clearly doesn't understand the saying, "You don't shit where you eat" They have still failed to remove or replace the sign at 175 Newark. I just don't get it. How can they care so little when their livelihood depends on the neighborhood. In time I'm sure they will be gone with all the rest of the crap that the recent gentrification has sweep out but until then I recommend that no one who values a graffiti free city do business with American Homes Realty.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 4:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to start a public shaming blog/website for owners that don't remove or contact the city to remove the graffiti.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 4:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The problem is that property owners and businesses aren't held responsible for keeping their property graffiti free. Yes, the city will come and paint your wall if you want them too but the issues is that these property owners don't care and just live with it. We need to be able to report the graffiti and have the city issue violations to property owners if they fail to rectify the situation.
Deadbeats!

Posted on: 2014/2/28 4:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe it was KAWS...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAWS_(artist)

Posted on: 2014/2/27 20:26
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Re: The City Is Really Looking Bad
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
My building got tagged again recently. Its just too cold for the sealer to cover it up.

The taggers are normally under-aged and only get a slap on the wrist for the damage they cause.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
You call up the Incinerator Authority to have the graffiti removed.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
It's Spike Lee's revenge.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 18:26
Get on your bikes and ride !

The City Is Really Looking Bad

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/1 18:18
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
What is up with all of the graffiti? At first I thought it was only in the heights, but now I am seeing it all over downtown as well. Why is it so hard to get garbage and graffiti under control? Lump it in with the abandoned buildings, lowest-bid contractor work done on the sidewalks, and the "brick" intersection crossings and we have one lovely city!

Posted on: 2014/2/27 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
This morning on the way to work I saw a guy stopping to take photos of the graffiti/tags on Newark Ave, around the entrances to buildings or apartments. He looked like a normal dude on his way to work, someone here on the board maybe?

Posted on: 2014/1/28 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
This spring, Mana plans to open a street-art museum in another three-building property near the Holland Tunnel. It will have ?the same curatorial vision and management? as the main art centre, which is headed by the artist and chief executive Eugene Lemay, says Mana?s vice president for strategy, Shai Baitel. The painter and graffiti artist Barry McGee is among those in talks to take part in the museum?s inaugural show.

http://www.theartnewspaper.com/articl ... s-art-centre-empire/31608

Posted on: 2014/1/28 17:28

Re: Graffiti
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jerseynewbie wrote:
What is with all the graffiti that just popped on Columbus St? It has gotten worse. And the graffiti I'm talking about is not artwork. They are actual gang signs, tagging or lewd comments. They have increased because the ones done previously were never erased. Stuff like this can be detrimental to the neighborhood. If I had seen that much graffiti when I was looking for an apartment I wouldn't have looked there at all.

Any chance a clean up event can be set up before I walk around with black paint erasing all the graffiti, making things look uglier?

Or is there a number to contact in the city and they come by and erase it?

I'm curious what you consider to be gang signs.

Posted on: 2014/1/14 23:48

Re: Graffiti
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe try calling these folks:
http://www.jciaonline.org/graffiti.php

Posted on: 2014/1/14 21:38

Graffiti

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/15 13:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
What is with all the graffiti that just popped on Columbus St? It has gotten worse. And the graffiti I'm talking about is not artwork. They are actual gang signs, tagging or lewd comments. They have increased because the ones done previously were never erased. Stuff like this can be detrimental to the neighborhood. If I had seen that much graffiti when I was looking for an apartment I wouldn't have looked there at all.

Any chance a clean up event can be set up before I walk around with black paint erasing all the graffiti, making things look uglier?

Or is there a number to contact in the city and they come by and erase it?

Posted on: 2014/1/14 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

parkman wrote:
If I posted a picture of you and was inferring you are the culprit,
and it turns out not to true, I think I may
be hearing from your lawyer in short order.

If others have seen him in action and would like to
confirm it's the same person, please PM me
and I'll send the image.

You really think that guy has a lawyer?

Posted on: 2014/1/3 7:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Al Chiconelli at American homes realty clearly doesn't understand the saying, "You don't shit where you eat" They have still failed to remove or replace the sign at 175 Newark. I just don't get it. How can they care so little when their livelihood depends on the neighborhood. In time I'm sure they will be gone with all the rest of the crap that the recent gentrification has sweep out but until then I recommend that no one who values a graffiti free city do business with American Homes Realty.

Posted on: 2014/1/3 5:43

Newark Graffiti
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I find the graffiti on Newark to be a problem, especially on the middle to western end of Downtown. I noticed a particularly bad area on a sign for American Home Realty. The sign is located at 175 Newark and the realty business itself is located at 224 Newark.
I found this to be especially troublesome because in the business of Realty one would think that they would have a inherent interest in the beautification and maintenance of the neighborhood.
I was able to obtain the owners name and email from the website, Al Chiconelli, alchiconelli@hotmail.com and his wife or family member, Regina Chiconeli reginachiconeli@yahoo.com.
Two weeks ago I emailed them in a very amicable manner to explain my concerns and bring attention to the sign and it's distasteful state. I was met with a terse response that did not acknowledge the problem or hint of any action they might be willing to take. There's not much that the city or anyone can do when a business owner doesn't seem to care about the graffiti on their buildings, that's why I've come here to ask that anyone who also finds this Graffiti distasteful please email these two and let them know that you notice and think that it would be great if they would be willing to replace or clean the sign.
I will try to link a photo here but I haven't done it before so I hope it works.
Thanks

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By9igq ... jB6dkNuQ2FRV0E/edit?pli=1

Posted on: 2013/12/13 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
(And before anyone points out the obvious regarding another post about the sweep of 111 etc etc ...that's good long term detective work. The focus of this thread seems to be more on the day to day presence - or lack thereof - of the JCPD. Please differentiate between the two).

Posted on: 2013/8/11 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
The JCPD has more inertia than a train sitting in a grass field. Considering murders have gone up, they clearly aren't busy putting a stop to that. Considering quality of life complaints have gone up, they clearly aren't busy doing anything about that. Considering many other Infractions occur regularly lately with no reprecussions, one has to ask...what exactly is the JCPD doing right?

Oh wait...they're likely on vacation. It might make more sense to raise all of these concerns around September/October.

Until then...good night and good luck!

Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:
I just noticed this doozy this afternoon. Right on the brand new building they are trying to build across from KeyFoods next to the Funeral home. Needless to say, if I were the builder/owner I would be pissed.

This also affects our neighborhoods by decreasing property values and quality of life. Meanwhile our taxes keep going up. Where is the JCPD?

Just as the JCIA finally removed the big graffiti tag from the corner of second and Jersey Ave, this one seems to have replaced it and will be an eyesore for a while.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net ... 72850772894_1594105_o.jpg

Posted on: 2013/8/11 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I just noticed this doozy this afternoon. Right on the brand new building they are trying to build across from KeyFoods next to the Funeral home. Needless to say, if I were the builder/owner I would be pissed.

This also affects our neighborhoods by decreasing property values and quality of life. Meanwhile our taxes keep going up. Where is the JCPD?

Just as the JCIA finally removed the big graffiti tag from the corner of second and Jersey Ave, this one seems to have replaced it and will be an eyesore for a while.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net ... 72850772894_1594105_o.jpg

Posted on: 2013/8/10 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Hmmmm...maybe there's an epidemic going around. Greenpoint in Brooklyn has a graffiti problem:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/10/nyr ... nd-the-trees.html?hp&_r=0

Quote:
Greenpoint?s graffiti problem is as stubborn as unchecked mold. It is everywhere, even greeting visitors to Brooklyn upon their arrival from Queens over the Pulaski Bridge. There is graffiti on brick walls and painted walls and on glass doors and poles. Trees are tagged with paint. Someone scrawled on a ?Stop Bed Bugs? sign on a remote corner. In the men?s room of the Manhattan Three Decker diner, someone wrote ?Shy Guy? on the plastic sign that says employees must wash their hands. And in a small room in St. Anthony of Padua Church, people have been known to scratch names or short prayers (?Please help me?) into the feet of the statues of saints.

A sign outside Eli & Ali?s, a tomato wholesaler on Meserole Avenue, offers a $500 reward for information leading to a graffiti arrest. A manager said no one has called to collect.

?It?s generational,? said Jeff Mann, president of the Greenpoint Chamber of Commerce, which he said had raised and spent more than $25,000 in paint since November in an effort to cover graffiti. ?It?s everywhere. It?s epidemic.?

Later:

Quote:
Mr. Mann said the conventional wisdom was that most of the graffiti drawers were local, but there is another theory. Call it graffiti tourism. ?People from the Midwest come here just to do graffiti? and then post pictures online, he said. ?I?ve heard that.?

Posted on: 2013/8/10 6:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
There's tons of new grafitti on westside ave, on the store fronts & signs.
I don't know why when the store owner opens & sees this, its not reported to the police & documented.
The city can also powerwash this off & paint.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
There's tons of new grafitti on westside ave, on the store fronts & signs.
I don't know when when the store owner opens & sees this, its not reported & documented.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

parkman wrote:
If I posted a picture of you and was inferring you are the culprit,
and it turns out not to true, I think I may
be hearing from your lawyer in short order.

If others have seen him in action and would like to
confirm it's the same person, please PM me
and I'll send the image.
which is why I said I understand why you don't want to do it, and which is why I asked for you to at least give us a description.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 21:38

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017