Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Police: Jersey City DPW worker picked up prostitute in city truck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What the hell was going on while Healy was on watch?

Posted on: 2013/7/14 1:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
After Two Jersey City Issued Cars Were Used Without Authorization, City to Install GPS System in All City-Owned Vehicles

By Matt Hunger

Plainclothes police caught a Department of Public Works employee soliciting a prostitute along Ocean Avenue Wednesday at 6 pm ? while driving a DPW issued truck he was not supposed to be using. This was the second such incident in about a week?s time.

The employee, George Reyes, may well be fired for the offense, which has crossed the so-called zero tolerance policy of Mayor Steve Fulop.

?This is the second time in just one week that a city employee has committed a crime while using a city vehicle without authorization, which speaks to the pervasive culture of abuse that has been allowed to exist in Jersey City,? Fulop said in a statement. ?This is unacceptable and we are going to root out this type of behavior and put an end to it. We will not tolerate this.?

The first incident referred to had occurred last week, when Jersey City Police Detective William Kallert was caught drunkenly driving a police car he wasn?t authorized to have, resulting in a suspension without pay.

?As I said before, my administration will have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of conduct and we will pursue all possible charges in this situation with zero leniency,? Fulop?s statement continued. ?My expectation is that all city employees will be role models both on and off duty and clearly this was not the case tonight. We will deal with this incident both aggressively and fairly.?

The city will be putting in GPS systems in all city vehicles to better keep track of their fleet of automobiles as a result.

Posted on: 2013/7/13 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 23:17
Group:
Registered Users
...and on google maps we can see the JC green truck parked in front of his house in North Arlington! Cool!

Posted on: 2013/7/13 21:23

Edited by Bill463 on 2013/7/13 21:39:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
DPW is probably my least favorite department in JC government. Loaded with lazy, dirt merchants like this guy who sit in their trucks all day, and then drive home out of JC. Fire him, and it's one less like him on city payroll.

And kudos to the cops for those cops for doing their jobs.

Posted on: 2013/7/13 11:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/9 18:52
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
wow didn't Fulop just make him the acting park director? What a tool.

Posted on: 2013/7/12 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
fire his sorry ass - this wouldn't have been a one off situation and I have little doubt he hasn't been up to other stupid activities.
I recall studies about people who park in disabled zones without a permit or legally allowed to - It said that upto 68% were also known to police for other 'reasons; as they don't give an ass about anyone or anything - they have zero empathy or compliance to laws
I'd imagine that this bozo fits the same bill of self serving , do as I please attitude.
I also hope Fulop rethinks the policy of employing ex felons!

Posted on: 2013/7/11 22:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe they'll investigate why the parking authority scooters are parked in front of the main library on Jersey Ave for hours at a time instead of actually "working". All we need now is a "Tip Hotline" and we can clean up a lot of the crap going on around here...

Posted on: 2013/7/11 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
There's a new sheriff, er, mayor in town.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The 47-year-old employee of the Jersey City Department of Public Works accused of loitering for the purpose of engaging a prostitute was released on a summons today when he appeared in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City.

Resized Image

George Reyes, of North Arlington, was arrested around 6:15 p.m. yesterday after police say he engaged in negotiations to pay Rose E. Doria, 48, of Jersey City, $15 to perform oral sex on him in the city vehicle.

Reyes, who earns $60,000 a year as a park supervisor, has worked for the city for 28 years and faces termination, according to a city official.

Doria was also charged with "loitering with the purpose to engage in prostitution," according to a police report.
Both appeared in CJP.
Reyes appeared in person, while Doria appeared via video link from the Hudson County Jail in Kearny.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
There are too many city workers riding on the low through GV buying drugs, hookers and drinking.

This is nothing new, I have seen EMS workers getting high like planes. Steve has his hands full for sure. Take a bike ride through GV and you will see all the low riders getting head, sucking on pipes etc. Dirty City!

I have often passed EMS cooping under the overpasses on Monmouth or Coles. I thought they were likely there to be off the GPS or radio grid, but wasn't sure what else they might be up to besides a snooze.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
There are too many city workers riding on the low through GV buying drugs, hookers and drinking.

This is nothing new, I have seen EMS workers getting high like planes. Steve has his hands full for sure. Take a bike ride through GV and you will see all the low riders getting head, sucking on pipes etc. Dirty City!

The city should do annual physicals to weed out these dirty little scoundrels. It would protect all liabilities in the city's coffers.

I live near the Bayonne boarder and its a great place to hide out with a hooker and a blunt with all the dead end streets.

Its not a lot of foot traffic, so these guys come up here and score and party hard while they are still on the clock, or off the clock with city cars smdh

Like the article stated the police know where the hookers do their biz they also know where all the other crap is going on but for the longest its been hush, hush.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 15:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/17 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
$15.00? That's the deal of the decade.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

The city should do annual physicals to weed out these dirty little scoundrels. It would protect all liabilities in the city's coffers.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 15:29
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/11 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Well, that's one job that we can take off the budget books.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Next is to get those Jersey City official messenger cars to slow down on our residential streets. I constantly see them speeding around downtown. Kudos to the JCPD for making these recent arrests. They could have easily given both Kallert and Reyes a "break" without anyone knowing about it.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 14:56

Police: Jersey City DPW worker picked up prostitute in city truck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

A 47-year-old employee of the Jersey City Department of Public Works is facing prostitution and theft charges after police say he solicited a hooker while driving a city pick-up truck.

George Reyes, of North Arlington, was arrested yesterday evening after police say he admitted agreeing to pay Rose E. Doria, 48, of Jersey City, $15 to perform oral sex on him in the city car.

Reyes, who city records say makes about $57,000 annually as a parks supervisor, now faces termination from his public job in addition to the criminal charges.

Police say they were at a red light at Danforth and Ocean avenues yesterday at about 6 p.m. when they saw a ?known prostitute,? identified as Doria, waving at passing vehicles, according to a police report.

The two officers say Reyes, driving a green Ford F150 with white stickers on the side identifying it as a DPW car, then pulled over at the southwest corner of Danforth Avenue, the report says.

According to the report, Doria hopped into the city car, and Reyes drove to Cator Avenue just east of Ocean Avenue, which cops describe as a ?known area where prostitutes bring their customers, also known as 'Johns,' to perform sexual acts in exchange for currency.?

Police tailed them and pulled behind the city car when it stopped, the report reads. As officers approached the vehicle, Doria exited and began to leave the scene but was detained by one of the officers, the report says.

Reyes, meanwhile, repeatedly told the other officer, ?I didn?t give her any money,? according to the report. Police say he refused to shut off and exit the car, but eventually relented, the report says.

Doria told police Reyes agreed to give her $15 in exchange for oral sex, while Reyes said he was planning to negotiate with Doria but changed his mind after the deal was made, according to the report.

When cops called the DPW to ask them to tow its car from the scene, DPW Director Michael Razzoli told police Reyes was not authorized to have the city truck at that time.

Both Reyes and Doria were charged with loitering to engage in prostitution, while Reyes has been charged additionally with unlawful taking by means of conveyance.

In a statement from the city, Mayor Steve Fulop said he has a ?zero tolerance? policy for Reyes? alleged conduct.

?This is the second time in just one week that a city employee has committed a crime while using a city vehicle without authorization, which speaks to the pervasive culture of abuse that has been allowed to exist in Jersey City,? Fulop said. ?This is unacceptable and we are going to root out this type of behavior and put an end to it. We will not tolerate this.?

The other incident Fulop refers to involves William Kallert, an off-duty cop who was charged last week with drunk driving and firing his gun in an unmarked police car.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 14:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017