Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: First killing under the new administration.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/29 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
Such a sad story. Having friends in that neighborhood it's amazing how much Mallory has changed over the years. This needs to end!!!

Posted on: 2013/7/12 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal

Resized Image

The brother of the 19-year-old Jersey City man who was shot and killed early this morning said the fatal shooting occurred as his brother was trying to stop two men from stealing a cell phone.

The Hudson County Proseuctor's Office said it could not confirm the name of the victim, but Amir Choudry, of Mallory Avenue, told The Jersey Journal this morning that it was his younger brother, Mohammed, 19.

"He was just a great person," said Amir, 28, with a tear in his eye. "He was a very funny guy who loved everyone."

The shooting, Jersey City?s ninth homicide this year, happened after two men robbed Mohammed and a third brother outside the family?s Mallory Avenue home just before 3 a.m. The family ? two parents, three brothers and three sisters ? was up early as their mother finished cooking a Ramadan meal, Amir said.

The two unidentified men grabbed the third brother?s cell phone, leading that brother and Mohammed to chase the men down Mallory toward Virginia Avenue. The brothers shouted to Amir to join them, Amir said.

On Virginia Avenue, one of men fired a single shot back at the brothers, hitting Mohammed on the right side, according to Amir.

?They just turned around and shot him,? he said.

Chevonne Hudson, whose Virginia Avenue home overlooks the crime scene, said she heard commotion outside her apartment, followed by what she originally thought was a firecracker.

"I heard someone shouting, 'No! No! No!' then heard the gunshot," Hudson said.

Amir said Mohammed was unresponsive at the scene, but he is unsure of whether his younger brother died at the scene or en route to the hospital.

?Our brother was holding him, but I think he was dead already,? he said.

Mohammed, a recent Ferris High School graduate, was described by his brother as a fun-loving guy. He wanted to attend college and loved playing cricket with friends in Lincoln Park.

This isn?t the family's first brush with violence since coming over from Pakistan, according to Amir, who said the third brother was robbed at gunpoint while working at a family restaurant in Newark.

?We think this country is so safe, but anyone can be killed at any time,? he said.

Hudson, a mother of two small children, said that the violence outside her home has made her think about moving.

"I'm not sure if I'm going to stay here," Hudson said. "I'm concerned. I have these two young ones. It's really sad."

The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office is still investigating the shooting. Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2013/7/12 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal

An 18-year-old Jersey City man was killed during a shooting early this morning on Virginia Avenue in Jersey City, Hudson County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Gene Rubino said.

The man was shot around 3 a.m. while on Virginia Avenue near West Side Avenue, Rubino said. The man's identity has not been released because next of kin has not been notified, Rubino said.

The shooting is still currently under investigation by the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office. Anyone with information is asked to call (201) 915-1345.

This fatal shooting is the ninth homicide in Jersey City in 2013.

Posted on: 2013/7/12 12:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I will continue to post every murder under this thread that occurs under this administration. I am a fan of Fulop and his team.
I voted for him and most of the council winners. However I do not believe Fulop is God like some on here do. Lets see how murders are handled under his watch.

Please do. Every murder needs to be addressed. And if you could quote every time someone says Fulop is God, that information would be helpful as well. I wasn't at the inauguration, but if anyone has any evidence of water into wine or sighting the blind...

Posted on: 2013/7/3 7:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Healy employed an inept Police Chief (Comey) who then promoted a group of inept distict commanders (buddies of Comey and Healy), all of which are now resigning.
Fulop has initiated a professional (see other thread) to search for the best candidates to replace them that hopefully will not be from the current rank and file.

I'm sure JClisters will be critical with Fulop's administration if they too screw up - Fulop has the power to perform due diligence and commission only the best personnel for JC and not friends and family.

Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
Since Healy was blamed for every crime in this city by the user of this website, it's only fair that you blame Steve as well!

Posted on: 2013/7/2 23:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A 21-year-old Brooklyn man was gunned down early this morning in a hail of bullets in front of numerous people on a Greenville street in Jersey City, officials said.

"When the cops rolled him over, he had two big holes on his right side and two holes in his upper left chest," said a 50-year-old resident of Dwight Street who lives feet from where Anthony Smith Jr. was shot near Ocean Avenue at about 12:15 a.m. "There were at least 50 kids out here for a party. I heard the shots and by the time I ran down, he was already gone."

Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino said Smith was attending a party on Dwight Street when he was approached by a man who opened fire on him. The man chased Smith down the street, and continued firing until Smith collapsed, Rubino said.

No motive has been given for the shooting.

Smith was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center with multiple gunshot wounds to his back, arms, and legs, Rubino said. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

A 75-year-old resident's car was damaged by a bullet. He said the side of his car facing the street was streaked with blood and firefighters hosed the blood off. When the sound of gunfire woke him, he did not go to see what happened.

"I don't run to the window when someone is shooting a gun," the resident said. "That's when you wind up dead."

A 71-year-old woman said there was a 21st birthday party for her granddaughter at her Dwight Street home last night.

Around the time of the shooting, she said about 17 people were cleaning up inside the house and a few people were saying their good-byes outside the home.

Then "I heard all this commotion outside and someone yelled 'Someone is running,'" the 71-year-old said. "I ran to the window and that's when I heard shots. I told all those girls to go home and no dilly-dallying."

Smith was not at the party, the resident said, adding she was told he came running down the block from Garfield Avenue.

Another resident who identified herself only as Ferdi, said she heard the shots and "looked out and saw the man was in the street face down."

"There were girls all around him screaming and we called the ambulance," said Ferdi, who saw EMS arrive and perform CPR on Smith.

Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Journal staff writer Anthony J. Machcinski contributed to this story.

All those witnesses...

Posted on: 2013/7/2 22:57
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A 21-year-old Brooklyn man was gunned down early this morning in a hail of bullets in front of numerous people on a Greenville street in Jersey City, officials said.

"When the cops rolled him over, he had two big holes on his right side and two holes in his upper left chest," said a 50-year-old resident of Dwight Street who lives feet from where Anthony Smith Jr. was shot near Ocean Avenue at about 12:15 a.m. "There were at least 50 kids out here for a party. I heard the shots and by the time I ran down, he was already gone."

Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino said Smith was attending a party on Dwight Street when he was approached by a man who opened fire on him. The man chased Smith down the street, and continued firing until Smith collapsed, Rubino said.

No motive has been given for the shooting.

Smith was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center with multiple gunshot wounds to his back, arms, and legs, Rubino said. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

A 75-year-old resident's car was damaged by a bullet. He said the side of his car facing the street was streaked with blood and firefighters hosed the blood off. When the sound of gunfire woke him, he did not go to see what happened.

"I don't run to the window when someone is shooting a gun," the resident said. "That's when you wind up dead."

A 71-year-old woman said there was a 21st birthday party for her granddaughter at her Dwight Street home last night.

Around the time of the shooting, she said about 17 people were cleaning up inside the house and a few people were saying their good-byes outside the home.

Then "I heard all this commotion outside and someone yelled 'Someone is running,'" the 71-year-old said. "I ran to the window and that's when I heard shots. I told all those girls to go home and no dilly-dallying."

Smith was not at the party, the resident said, adding she was told he came running down the block from Garfield Avenue.

Another resident who identified herself only as Ferdi, said she heard the shots and "looked out and saw the man was in the street face down."

"There were girls all around him screaming and we called the ambulance," said Ferdi, who saw EMS arrive and perform CPR on Smith.

Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Journal staff writer Anthony J. Machcinski contributed to this story.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office has identified a 21-year-old Brooklyn man as the victim of a fatal shooting on Dwight Street in Jersey City early this morning, HCPO spokesman Gene Rubino said.

Anthony Smith Jr., 21, of Brooklyn, was pronounced dead at Jersey City Medical Center shortly after the shooting, Rubino said.

According to Rubino, Smith was attending a party on Dwight Street around 12:15 a.m. when he was approached by a man who began shooting at him. The man chased Smith down the street, and continued to fire at him before Smith collapsed in front of a Dwight Street residence near Ocean Avenue, Rubino said.

Smith was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center following the shooting, but succumbed to multiple gunshot wounds to his back, arms, and legs, Rubino said.

Rubino declined to say how many times Smith was shot and he declined to describe the suspect.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office Homicide Unit at (201) 915-1345. All calls will remain confidential.

On Sunday, Jamiel Robinson, 28, of Irvington, was gunned down at Bergen and Clinton avenues in Jersey City. Authorities have charged Jay K. Raiford, 27, or Bergen Avenue in Jersey City, in that slaying.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... hooting.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/7/2 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Since Healy was blamed for every crime in this city by the user of this website, it's only fair that you blame Steve as well!

Posted on: 2013/7/2 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I will continue to post every murder under this thread that occurs under this administration. I am a fan of Fulop and his team.
I voted for him and most of the council winners. However I do not believe Fulop is God like some on here do. Lets see how murders are handled under his watch.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Agree. It is a provocative and illogical title as i don't see how the "new administration" or police or mayor's office could have prevented the shooting....It's not as though any laws could have been enacted in 24 hours to prevent this. Poor word choice and certainly used to stimulate some interesting discussions.

It's like saying "First PATH ride under the new administration" or "First cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee under the new administration"

Quote:

karmabum wrote:
what a loaded subject header.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 18:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/30 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
what a loaded subject header.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 16:59

First killing under the new administration.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal

1 dead in hail of gunfire in front of Jersey City home, authorities say

A 21-year-old man died early today in a hail of gunfire on Dwight Street in Jersey City, Hudson County Prosecutor's Office Spokesman Gene Rubino said this morning.

The man, whose name will not be released until next-of-kin has been notified, was found in front of 59 Dwight St. in Jersey City around 12:15 a.m., Rubino said.

Jersey City Police responded to the scene on a report of a man down and shots fired, Rubino said.

A Dwight Street resident told Jersey Journal Photographer Reena Rose Sibayan that she saw the man run to the area in front of 59 Dwight St. and fall to the ground.

The man was taken to Jersey City Medical Center where he was pronounced dead due to multiple gunshot wounds to his back and extremities, Rubino said.

Rubino said the Prosecutors Office is still investigating the incident.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 16:57

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017