Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Drivers and Crosswalks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
It is indeed scary. People drive recklessly and fast on the small streets. Wait until they come to a full stop before you cross and look both ways. People don't obey rules. That's the problem. Sad to hear about the cyclist/business woman that died recently due to a hit and run....very tragic.

Posted on: 2013/6/25 15:34

Drivers and Crosswalks
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/17 5:23
Group:
Registered Users
I?ve lived in Jersey City for several years, but I need some help understanding native misbehavior: failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. In other parts of the country, motorists stop, but here you take your life into your own hands when you cross a street. In fact, on any number of occasions I?ve been screamed at for daring to cross?sometimes carrying boxes or laundry---when the driver could see me in the street from two blocks away. I?ve witnessed others treated similarly, including a mother with a stroller and handicapped persons. The behavior is so frequent that it seems part of the Jersey mentality. I know the state prides itself on tough-guy-in-a-hurry BS, but how is this anything other than a hostile disregard for human life? I don?t need to remind readers of this list that others have died in crosswalks across this city and that state law very clearly commands a driver to yield to a pedestrian. I realized the other day when I was nearly hit in a crosswalk by a patrol car without its emergency lights active that I might have to accept I?m living in New Jerky.

Posted on: 2013/6/25 15:19

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017