Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Rolando Lavarro--Council at large--proven responsive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pchops wrote:
Yes, I would definitely add that I first met Rolando when he was a Board Member for a youth group who just received an art grant. I think this was about 8 years ago. I didn't really know him then but met him again at a Board of Ed meeting about 5 years ago. He was asking why Epps rejected a Drug and Alcohol awareness grant. On and off, I would see him at various community meetings but continued to be at different groups at the time.

Then, the 2009 arrests came and I met Rolando yet again. It was at this point where I met a very different Rolando. He (and many others) could not believe the reality of illegal politics and the need for honest politicians. From that point on, he was dedicated to bring honesty and professionalism back to City Government in Jersey City.

And it was at that point, that I believed in him! And today, I still do!

Graft and corruption or inept councillors don't have it painted on their foreheads !

Its often what a councillor doesn't see or choses not to see or doesn't ask questions that's just as bad.
Fulop was nearly the only one that would challenge many issues of goverance and internal affairs!

Posted on: 2013/6/3 9:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Totally agree - Rolando is a good guy and exactly what JC needs ! He's responsive, intuitive, and will actually talk to you honestly if you get a chance.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Rolando Lavarro is an excellent council person. He doesn't over legislate, but he is smart enough and responsive enough to create legislation when there is a strong need for policy and his legislation is flexible and clear.

He is very responsive to the community and personally on top of things. He gives a lot of respect to community leaders and seeks out their input. He's quickly replacing David Donnelly as my favorite council person. Donnelly impressed me on how deftly he figured out a solution for the bus route eliminations through southern Jersey City. He faced a room of 300 very angry people. Rolando does not shrink from complex issues. However, it is the fact that he reaches out to various communities to alert them to and ask them for their input on an issue BEFORE he votes on an ordinance that will directly impact that community.

Posted on: 2013/6/2 11:27
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pchops wrote:

I believed in him! And today, I still do!

I agree! I met him about 3 x and he has always been straight forth with me, and he always returns my calls, and emails unlike Richardson who I think is a complete a$$wipe. He has my vote and many of my neighbors.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I would definitely add that I first met Rolando when he was a Board Member for a youth group who just received an art grant. I think this was about 8 years ago. I didn't really know him then but met him again at a Board of Ed meeting about 5 years ago. He was asking why Epps rejected a Drug and Alcohol awareness grant. On and off, I would see him at various community meetings but continued to be at different groups at the time.

Then, the 2009 arrests came and I met Rolando yet again. It was at this point where I met a very different Rolando. He (and many others) could not believe the reality of illegal politics and the need for honest politicians. From that point on, he was dedicated to bring honesty and professionalism back to City Government in Jersey City.

And it was at that point, that I believed in him! And today, I still do!

Posted on: 2013/6/1 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Rolando also sounds like a person who would make a great neighborhood watch leader - A councillor's role is MUCH MUCH more important than a neighborhood watch role.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Rolando Lavarro--Council at large--proven responsive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 18:01
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have been living in Greenville near Bayside park for almost two years now, and when we first got here, we restarted our neighborhood association. Over the last year we have been active I have approached several council members to resolve issues such as graffiti, trash removal, burned out lights, police patrols, etc.

Of all the people I contacted Rolando was the ONLY one who consistently responded and took action on our behalf. People can make promises and say great things, but in the end a proven track record is what makes the difference, and Rolando has demonstrated to me that he cares and takes action.

Please consider a vote for Lavarro for Council at Large. I dont think you would be sorry!

Posted on: 2013/6/1 0:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017