Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Rich Boggiano for Jersey City Council Ward C
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
JCCheerleader has also been very pushy about what Rich Boggiano will do for Journal Square, yet during the heights blackout post she mentioned that she was on Bowers & Kennedy which is in fact Ward D.

Makes ya go HMMMMMMM.

Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Correction! The debate for Wards C&D combined is Friday, May 31st @ 7:00 PM at St. Ann's Church.

Thank you for the correction Yvonne.

JCCheerleader is a nobody troll who has had ample opportunity to learn all she/he wants to but won't get off his/her ass to do so.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 17:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/16 18:43
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your support everyone! We have two weeks left. Turnout in Ward C on May 14 was 4000 voters. We expect turnout June 11 to be around half that, so every vote counts. If you know any Ward C voter who wants to vote by mail, please have them call my daughter Katrina at 201-920-3950 or by fill out the form on this page: http://www.jcboggiano.com/contact

I also wanted to remind everyone about my campaign fundraiser tomorrow night at Puccini's. It was originally scheduled for the 31st but we moved it to the 29th because of the debate.

Time: 6-9 pm
Date: Wednesday, May 29th
Recommended Donation: $60

Last, here's my thank you to the people who helped me garner the most votes on May 14. We need to do the same on June 11. Too many people think that I won outright and don't understand that Jersey City has run-off races!

-------

Dear Editor:

Letter To the Residents of Ward C: Thank you for coming out to vote on May 14! You gave a clear mandate that you want to see change in Jersey City. I am truly humbled and inspired by the number of voters who want to move this city forward!

But the race is not over. We have a run-off in Ward C on June 11.

Please do not forget to come out and vote. It would be a terrible shame to have come this far only to stop just short of the finish line!

I have spent my life as a public servant helping others. As a Marine, Jersey City Police Officer, and hopefully after June 11 as your Ward C City Council representative. Thank you again for coming out to vote.

You are the reason democracy works. I promise that if elected to work tirelessly to give you the kind of city you deserve.

Rich Boggiano
President, Hilltop Neighborhood Association
Candidate, Ward C City Council

Posted on: 2013/5/28 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Correction! The debate for Wards C&D combined is Friday, May 31st @ 7:00 PM at St. Ann's Church.

Thank you for the correction Yvonne.

JCCheerleader is a nobody troll who has had ample opportunity to learn all she/he wants to but won't get off his/her ass to do so.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/28 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
...get off your ass & come to St. Ann's Thursday night & listen to the Ward C/D debate.

Doubt she'll bother. Nidia won't show at the debate and I believe she has a fundraiser scheduled for that night.
Pretty cynical, huh? The voters don't count, the money does.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 11:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
JC Cheerleader I'm just going to cut and paste the important point in my earlier post in which I say ..." I think the burden is on Lopez and her supporters to point out what things she claims to have accomplished in ward C on her watch, and what goals she will set for herself in the future, should she win.".... Are you really suggesting the burden is on the voter to go and ask a candidate these questions during a campaign? You yourself say Lopez "really helped you out" in an earlier post so you should have no trouble explaining how she was helpful. Your clearly cheerleading for her so why not simply name her accomplishments and goals, if she has any.

That may be important to you, but again, this doesn't help anyone anxious to learn about Mr. Boggiano. Note my username. I didn't make it up for this race. It's been a nickname of mine since I came to Jersey City 20 years ago. I ask you, too, to go back and read the posts I respond to and then read my questions afterwards. There is no ulterior motive at work here beyond my wanting to learn more about Rich Boggiano.

JCCheerleader it is very easy to paint you a troll. You say you were an activisit in the Heights for 19 years. Anyone who says they do not know anything about Rich Boggiano is not what they say they are. His battles for the Hilltop area are legendary as are his to the point published letters criticizing administrations' shortcomings putting himself in the line of fire because you just don't publicly attack the people who sign your paycheck. So please stop your games, get off your ass & come to St. Ann's Thursday night & listen to the Ward C/D debate.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 10:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Rich has been most active in Journal Square for what amounts to a life time. There's a lot that can be said about what he has done, but for those who live in Ward C big change is coming. A lot of development will be happening in the Square as far as sky scrapers and changing the landscape of the public spaces in the Square. The KRE project at the old Verizon building on Magnolia at Summit Ave will be the first one.

For those closest to the change you will need to vote for the person that you feel will be the most hands on; accessible; and best represent your views on the council to help navigate the community and residents through the process and fight to maximize the give back to the neighborhoods from the developers.

Besides having a close relationship with the several neighborhood associations in Ward C such as the Riverview Neighborhood Association, Highland Ave Block Association, and Sgt Anthony Park, Rich has been at almost every major celebration, event, and planning meeting. I spent about 5 meetings of at least 2 hours each at community meetings reviewing every detail of the JSQ 2060 redevelopment plan and Rich was at every single one. Anyone bringing a quality of life issue to Rich's attention gets it resolved at a pace that often makes me feel embarrassingly slow.

The Hilltop neighborhood where Rich is a leader is an incredible community of the new and the old, the renter and the home owner, that feel safe and a part of an engaged community. I have lived in the Hilltop for 11 1/2 years now and my children were born in the home I live in. I can't imagine living anywhere else and I credit Rich with a lot of that.

Ask any community leader in the Heights or in JSQ who Rich Boggiano is and you will find they know him well.

I have nothing negative to say about Nidia Lopez. However, Rich Boggiano proves to be a highly qualified contender for the Ward C council seat.

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
JC Cheerleader I'm just going to cut and paste the important point in my earlier post in which I say ..." I think the burden is on Lopez and her supporters to point out what things she claims to have accomplished in ward C on her watch, and what goals she will set for herself in the future, should she win.".... Are you really suggesting the burden is on the voter to go and ask a candidate these questions during a campaign? You yourself say Lopez "really helped you out" in an earlier post so you should have no trouble explaining how she was helpful. Your clearly cheerleading for her so why not simply name her accomplishments and goals, if she has any.

That may be important to you, but again, this doesn't help anyone anxious to learn about Mr. Boggiano. Note my username. I didn't make it up for this race. It's been a nickname of mine since I came to Jersey City 20 years ago. I ask you, too, to go back and read the posts I respond to and then read my questions afterwards. There is no ulterior motive at work here beyond my wanting to learn more about Rich Boggiano.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 1:32
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Heard, Understood and Acknowledged. Best of luck. Be Well Marine. Semper Fi

Posted on: 2013/5/27 17:55
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thinking of all of the soldiers, sailers, airmen, and Marines who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Semper Fi!

Posted on: 2013/5/27 17:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The article below came out yesterday in the Jersey City Independent. Running as an independent is an uphill battle, but now that I came in first place on May 14 I've got momentum on my side.

The reason my campaign is been able to fight a runoff is because I am an independent and have never become dependent on a power broker for my political survival. I have my own campaign apparatus with my own volunteers. A good number of the council candidates (on either side) don't really have a campaign infrastructure to speak of and couldn't stand on their own with support from above (HCDO, Jerry Healy, Steve Fulop, etc).

This is the same reason I believe I'll be able to do what's best for my community once elected.

Article follows:

----

With Eight Council Races Remaining, Some Healy Candidates Eye the Exit as Independents Gain Confidence

We know mayor-elect Steve Fulop will have at least one ally on the City Council with Ward E Councilwoman-elect Candice Osborne?s outright victory May 14, but with three weeks until the June 11 runoff election, what is less clear is who will fill out the remaining eight seats.

But that mystery is solving itself. In just one week?s time, after looking at the costs for the remaining three weeks of campaigning coupled with the difference in votes, three would-be Council candidates have already sued to have their names dropped from the ballot: At-Large Councilman Peter Brennan will be ending his political career that began in 2001 and At-Large Council candidate Omar Perez is cutting his bid short, while Ward B Council candidate Gerry Meyers has announced he?s choosing family over political service.

What also ended at the same time as Mayor Jerramiah Healy?s bid for reelection was access to his fundraising connections. And with estimates putting the runoff races at $30,000 a Ward, it?s simply too much money and too big a vote gap for the two Team Healy slate-mates.

?Money-wise, forget about it,? said Meyers of one of the reasons he won?t be running. The other reason is, he says, that upon reflection he?d rather spend the time with family. But Meyers, who has been a Democratic Committeeman for some twenty years, says that doesn?t mean he can?t help the Ward. Indeed, he says there is not enough communication between the dozens of Committee people in each Ward and the Council representatives. ?They?re your eyes and ears,? he says, calling them an important way to find out what an area needs.

Even the Team Healy candidates who remain in the race, like Ward A Council candidate Dr. Charles Epps, say whatever advantages they were once perceived to have are now gone.

While Epps did not return a call seeking comment, in a letter he acknowledges that although he received more votes than Frank Gajewski, the Ward A Council candidate on Fulop?s slate, Epps says he is the one who should be considered an ?underdog.?

?Although I am entering the June 11th runoff in first place, I know I am going into it as an underdog. I am going to have to fight a well organized and fully funded Fulop Team ? but fight I will. I will fight for your trust, I will fight for your vote and if elected, I will fight for the residents of Ward A to give them a voice and an ally in City Hall,? he writes. He?s also taken the steps of creating his own website now that the website MayorHealy.com has been relegated to the detritus of the internet?s never to be visited again websites.

Along with Epps, At-Large Councilwoman Viola Richardson has promised to keep campaigning, and Ward F Council candidate Jermaine Robinson has also made no indication that he intends to step down. But the challenge facing them is clear: fundraising is already underway at Team Fulop.

?It?s crucial for Mayor [Elect] Fulop to have a council that supports his initiatives to move Jersey City forward. We plan to mount a vigorous campaign to ensure the entire Team Fulop slate gets over goal line on June 11,? says Bruno Tedeschi, a spokesman for the Fulop campaign. ?We have four more fundraisers scheduled from high dollar to low dollar events, which is similar to the approach we took during the campaign. The campaign has no plans to change our grass-roots, volunteer effort that was so successful on Election Day.?

While Team Healy?s upward battle is dwindling by the week ? At-Large Council candidate Omar Perez, who did not respond in time for this publication, gave a source indication that he might not be campaigning much longer ? by comparison the two remaining independents are even more determined.

?It shows how serious their candidacy is,? says Chris Boggiano, son of Ward C Council candidate Rich Boggiano. That, he says, has made fundraising ?easier.?

In fact, Tony De Luco, a developer and property manager who has been working as Boggiano?s campaign manager, says the campaign has already raised upwards of $15,000 for a Ward race estimated to cost candidates about $30,000. The campaign will also be holding a fundraiser at the end of May, he says.

Boggiano?s son says his father?s results reflect the fact that he is a ?known quantity? in Ward C. By comparison, Healy?s candidate, Janet Chevres, he says ?was an unknown who came out of nowhere and does not have much history in the area.? And although Ward C Councilwoman Nidia Lopez ran on Fulop?s ticket, ?people still associate her with Mayor Healy? who was voted out of office.

What remains to be seen, says De Luco, is who gets the bigger piece of the 1,151 votes Chevres received on May 14, a third place finish behind Lopez?s second place tally of 1,481 votes and Boggianos? first place finish of 1,686. While the Boggiano campaign said their plans for getting out the vote remain under wraps until after the election ? ?You?ll see how many people we get out,? says Chris Boggiano ? their confidence is high.

?If I were [Councilwoman] Lopez I?d think about conceding,? says De Luco, who says Boggiano?s supporters will make June 11 ?look like the mayor?s election? with the number of ?people we have out on the streets.?

Lopez did not return a call and email for comment.

Over in Ward D, independent candidate Michael Yun also says neither money nor the campaign prowess of Fulop?s team will be a problem. ?We have $40,000 left,? says Yun, who adds that much of his fundraising was done statewide thanks in part to his association with various business and Korean-American associations.

What is frustrating for Yun ? and, says Yun, the voters ? is the runoff process. ?If you won, you won,? he says, noting the nearly 500 vote difference between his vote tally and second-place finisher Connors. While that is the a steep climb for Connors, the question remains which campaign is in better position to mobilize the vote a second time.

Adding to that challenge, says Yun, is the fact that there are two elections a week apart, with the primary election for New Jersey set for June 4, the Tuesday before the runoff.

?In one week they have to go the voting places twice, they are unhappy with that, is discourages voters to participate in the runoff,? adds Yun, who calls the process a ?waste of tax payer dollars.?

?I tell them one more round,? he says of his supporters. ?This time, we make sure Michael gets in.?

Even Connors acknowledges the spending power of Yun, pointing to the $160,000 his opponent spent. As an Assemblyman and a member of Fulop?s ticket, Connors has also seen a lot of spending in his support. And despite rumors of a schism, the Assemblyman says he has Fulop?s full support.

?We?re going to be even more aggressive,? Connors said, adding that the Fulop team will be meeting this week to further discuss strategy.

How much that means dirtying up the other candidate remains to be seen, but already Yun is calling Connors a flip-flop-er for abandoning Healy to support Fulop, while Connors has attacked Yun?s record as the president of the Central Avenue Special Improvement District. In the twenty years he?s headed the CASID, says Connors, the area has not established big enough businesses to make the area the draw it can be.

There will be a few more chances to hear from candidates, including the Ward C / D joint debate, which is set for May 31 at St. Anne?s Church (255 Congress Street) at 7 pm. Hosted by SpeakNJ, JCPAC, and Hudson County TV, so far Boggiano, Yun and Connors have RSVP?d, according to organizer Yvonne Balcer.

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... pendents-gain-confidence/

Posted on: 2013/5/22 11:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone,

As promised, here's the details for our fundraiser next Wednesday. We moved it from the 31st so I could attend the debate that night.

Time: 6-9 pm
Date: Wednesday, May 29th
Recommended Donation: $60

Please come out to show your support! I look forward to seeing you there. We'll have food and an open bar.

Rich

Posted on: 2013/5/22 0:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
FKSJC - Thanks so much for your support. Now that the mayoral race is over and Steve has won, I've been amazed at the number of Fulop supporters who have contacted me to offer their support, their time, and their vote.

The people of Jersey City mandated a change from the status quo. Who knows, we may even be able to go four straight years without some type of scandal that brings shame to this great city.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 15:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/5 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
HUGE Fulop supporter here. I don't live in Ward C so not able to vote for Rich, but rest assured I would if I could.

I'm very happy and relieved that Steve is the mayor-elect for JC. I am certain he made his slate as he felt he had to in order to win, and that is fantastic.

However- I'm also "relieved" that there is a runoff in Ward C (and elsewhere obviously) between Rich and Nidia! Sure you've heard this before, but please know that there are many of us out there that are pulling for you.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 22:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone. I've got two quick things for you:

1. We still need volunteers. If you or anyone you know is interested please contact us at: http://www.jcboggiano.com/contact

2. I'm having a fundraiser on May 29. Location is still TBD but we should have the details out shortly. It's right around the corner so I wanted to put out the date for anyone interested.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Wow there is some annoying behavior going on in this thread. I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to simply start a new thread with a title like "What has Nidia Lopez accomplished in Ward C"? And then her supporters could step up and articulate exactly what she has done or in which ways her policies had made a difference. And wouldn't it be better for the upcoming runoff election if we knew what Mrs. Lopez intends to do if elected? I myself could never imagine WANTING to be an elected representative of the people, but if I did I can't help feeling I would be out there doing my best to explain myself.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Great! Tell me how Mr. Biggiano has been an activist in the Square. I would really like to know. Because I'm involved in three groups here and he's not in any of them. This means Ilhe and I do not run in the same circle. And that means I don't know anything about him. So instead of looking at whatever I ask as a threat, why don't you tell me about what Rich Boggiano has done for the Square?

I asked you first what Lopez has done for her ward. You say you aren't affiliated with Lopez, however you were more than willing to work on Fulop's ticket as a volunteer which would probably mean that if you did volunteer, you were toting Lopez's name on your little ribbon.

May 18, 2013
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
?Actually, I'm not. I am relatively new to the Square after having been very involved in the Heights community as a volunteer for over 19 years. I am not campaigning for anyone nor am I related to anyone who is running.?

May 12, 2013
Quote:

Re; FULOP NEEDS ELECTION DAY VOLUNTEERS!
?Where do I sign up??

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=314351

Posted on: 2013/5/19 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
I have been a huge Fulop supporter, however the only person that I refused to vote for on his ticket was Lopez.

If she was standing in front of me in Ward C or anywhere I would have no idea who she is. In fact, most of her neighbors when shown a photo of her while campaigning had no clue who she was. That's pretty bad that as a lifetime Ward C resident (with the exception of a short stint in Ward E) I can easily identify all of the other council members but not my own council person.

While I had no intention of voting for her, I think that not showing up for a debate was pretty disrespectful to her supporters.

Rich has been an activist in his neighborhood for a long time. Not only is he the president of his neighborhoods association but he was a police officer here for many years. He raised his family here and even after retirement from the JCPD still resides in Jersey City. He also volunteers his time at the local animal shelter, a place that needs to see the face of our city government more often.

I'd love to see what kind of "help" you received from Lopez that has truly benefited your neighbors aside from yourself. It sounds to me that you are either a mole or just a buster looking for trouble. Every post you make in this thread is some sort of softball question asking "prove to me why you are worthy Mr. Boggiano" even though you are clearly a Lopez supporter.

Why don't you walk over to his house and knock on his door and speak to Rich? Better yet, why not catch him while he is out on foot for the next month campaigning? I am sure he'd love to talk to you in person.

Stop asking stupid questions. Go to Rich Boggiano's website. Watch the videos, read his agenda. Educate yourself on where he stands. He shouldn't have to tie your shoes and button your shirt for you if you're old enough to vote.

Great! Tell me how Mr. Biggiano has been an activist in the Square. I would really like to know. Because I'm involved in three groups here and he's not in any of them. This means he and I do not run in the same circles. And that means I don't know anything about him. So instead of looking at whatever I ask as a threat and resorting to juvenile tactics (my questions are far from stupid), why don't you tell me about what Rich Boggiano has done for the Square?

Posted on: 2013/5/18 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:

That may be important to you, but again, this doesn't help anyone anxious to learn about Mr. Boggiano. Note my username. I didn't make it up for this race. It's been a nickname of mine since I came to Jersey City 20 years ago because. I ask you, too, to go back and read the posts I respond to and then read my questions afterwards. There is no ulterior motive at work here beyond my wanting to learn more about Rich Boggiano.

Here's a primer:
http://jcboggiano.com/home

Rich has impressed me a lot over the years with his thoughtful responses on JCList. I don't get to vote in Ward C, but if I did, I'd give Rich careful consideration.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 23:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:

Posted on: 2013/5/18 23:38

Edited by JCCheerleader on 2013/5/18 23:57:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:

The title if this thread is 'Rich Boggiano for Jersey City Council Ward C', isn't it? I came here to read why he deserves my vote. All of the posts bashing Councilwoman Lopez don't tell me a thing about Rich Boggiano. I can see by their venomous writings by some they think the title of this thread is, 'Write why you hate Councilwoman Lopez'. Quite frankly, their posts tell me more about the author than it does about Councilwoman Lopez and nothing about Rich Boggiano. The 'burden of proof' is on each candidate to demonstrate their qualifications. And this thread is not about Councilwoman Lopez, it's about Mr. Boggiano. I want to hear about Rich Boggiano. I have been in the Square for almost one year now and have never heard about him before this race. I've been in Jersey City 20 years and I know nothing of him. It's not like he's famous or anything and I don't hang around with you, his friends, so go ahead, tell me what has he done in the Square, for the residents, so those of us who don't know him so can learn about his contributions. I'm ready, willing, and happy to listen to you.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:
JCCheerleader - At this point I'm confident you are someone closely associated with my opponent and not simply an ordinary voter who is a fan of her as a politician. Your attempt to portray yourself otherwise is disingenuous.

In the past 40 years, I've earned my reputation as a fighter with allegiance to a single group: My community. Not the city or county government. Not the HCDO. Not the political boss's that come and go.

I'm proud to be Ward C's independent voice. I dare say most voters agree with me based on the results last Tuesday where I was up against a well financed incumbent candidate on a very popular mayoral ticket. I agree with Steve Fulop on many many things, but there's a really good chance he's going to throw a lot of money into defeating me on June 11 because any mayor would rather have a rubber stamp than even the slightest risk of dissent. That's his choice to make, but I'm not the kind of person who backs down from a good fight, especially when it comes to my community.

Actually, I'm not. I am relatively new to the Square after having been very involved in the Heights community as a volunteer for over 19 years. I am not campaigning for anyone nor am I related to anyone who is running. I have no relatives in Jersey City beside my husband. I also pay a lot of taxes and get very little back from Jersey City in the form of services.
I believe that whomever gets paid for the job of Councilperson should contribute more than I do as a volunteer. I did not support Bill Gaughan or campaign for him yet I will always give him credit for what he did for the Heights community. I am doing the same for Councilwoman Lopez and will do the same for you if you're elected.
I am asking you these questions because this forum is a great opportunity for you to show me-a person who votes on a candidate's merits, what you're about. Instead of looking at me as one of the negative persons who like to make personal attacks at our candidates, look at me for what I am: a taxpaying good citizen who wants to vote for the best candidate for Councilperson. Why don't you go back and re-read what you've written and then what I've written in response. You'll see that I want nothing more from you than information on your skills as a Councilperson.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 23:11

Edited by JCCheerleader on 2013/5/18 23:41:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
I have been a huge Fulop supporter, however the only person that I refused to vote for on his ticket was Lopez.

If she was standing in front of me in Ward C or anywhere I would have no idea who she is. In fact, most of her neighbors when shown a photo of her while campaigning had no clue who she was. That's pretty bad that as a lifetime Ward C resident (with the exception of a short stint in Ward E) I can easily identify all of the other council members but not my own council person.

While I had no intention of voting for her, I think that not showing up for a debate was pretty disrespectful to her supporters.

Rich has been an activist in his neighborhood for a long time. Not only is he the president of his neighborhoods association but he was a police officer here for many years. He raised his family here and even after retirement from the JCPD still resides in Jersey City. He also volunteers his time at the local animal shelter, a place that needs to see the face of our city government more often.

I'd love to see what kind of "help" you received from Lopez that has truly benefited your neighbors aside from yourself. It sounds to me that you are either a mole or just a buster looking for trouble. Every post you make in this thread is some sort of softball question asking "prove to me why you are worthy Mr. Boggiano" even though you are clearly a Lopez supporter.

Why don't you walk over to his house and knock on his door and speak to Rich? Better yet, why not catch him while he is out on foot for the next month campaigning? I am sure he'd love to talk to you in person.

Stop asking stupid questions. Go to Rich Boggiano's website. Watch the videos, read his agenda. Educate yourself on where he stands. He shouldn't have to tie your shoes and button your shirt for you if you're old enough to vote.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure you're right about JCCheerleader. I'm a big time Fulop supporter but I've read some good things about you on this website from people I respect. Namely that you've been active in JC politics. I think you'll make an excellent addition to the Jersey City Council.
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:
JCCheerleader - At this point I'm confident you are someone closely associated with my opponent and not simply an ordinary voter who is a fan of her as a politician. Your attempt to portray yourself otherwise is disingenuous.

In the past 40 years, I've earned my reputation as a fighter with allegiance to a single group: My community. Not the city or county government. Not the HCDO. Not the political boss's that come and go.

I'm proud to be Ward C's independent voice. I dare say most voters agree with me based on the results last Tuesday where I was up against a well financed incumbent candidate on a very popular mayoral ticket. I agree with Steve Fulop on many many things, but there's a really good chance he's going to throw a lot of money into defeating me on June 11 because any mayor would rather have a rubber stamp than even the slightest risk of dissent. That's his choice to make, but I'm not the kind of person who backs down from a good fight, especially when it comes to my community.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 11:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/18 10:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/18 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
I think the burden is on Lopez and her supporters to point out what things she claims to have accomplished in ward C on her watch, and what goals she will set for herself in the future, should she win. I have lived here the entire time she has held her post and can't think of a single thing that bears the stamp of her involvement. Her campaign was entirely below the radar, I didn't hear a single talking point from her campaign, just her playing that opportunistic race card in the peppers in the lead up to the election. I expect more from someone who wishes to represent me. Frankly I'm astonished she got as many votes as she did but if she wants to win the runoff she will have to do much more than ride someone else's coat tails. As things stand I honestly have no idea what she stands for or what direction she plans to move in.

Why don't you ask her?
And since we're on the subject of involvement, I'm not familiar with any of Mr. Boggiano's involvement in the Square. I also have never seen him at any City Council meetings working on any causes. This would be a great time to hear more about them. Are you familiar with them? Maybe you can tell us about them so we can hear more about them!

Posted on: 2013/5/18 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

shadrack wrote:
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:
... retired city Police Officer Richard Boggiano might put pressure on Ward C City Councilwoman Nidia Lopez, who is running for her second term.

Lopez is running with Fulop. Boggiano, who is president of the Hilltop Neighborhood Association, is running on his own and is not affiliated with a mayoral candidate.

Ms. Lopez is hoping to ride the wave of Fulop's popularity. She remained as quiet as a church mouse until Healy mentioned that three Latinas may have "pulled off his towel" while he was drunk. All of sudden, she's Sojourner Truth and calls a press conference. I have yet to speak to one person in the ward who is voting for Ms. Lopez.

I admire anyone who puts himself out there under the scrutiny of the electorate and that includes Mr. Boggiano's opponents, but come on Ward C. This is your chance for real "full time" representation and action for a Ward with a ton of potential. Vote for Richard Boggiano.

Wow, Healy is a creepy guy, talking about young kids pulling off his towel and doing filthy things to him and you have a problem with Councilwoman Lopez calling Healy on that? I'd like to hear Mr. Boggiano's take on what Healy said. Mr. Boggiano, do you believe that Mayor Healy, after reporting to the newspaper the reason why he was naked drunk on his front steps across from the entrance to St. Nicholas Elementary School was because of young Hispanic girls, was fit to continue as our City's leader? And if Healy had he said it was your grand daughters who ripped off his towel and did filthy things to him as the reason why he ended up naked on his steps across from the entrance to St. Nicholas Elementary School , is your answer the same?

Posted on: 2013/5/18 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think the burden is on Lopez and her supporters to point out what things she claims to have accomplished in ward C on her watch, and what goals she will set for herself in the future, should she win. I have lived here the entire time she has held her post and can't think of a single thing that bears the stamp of her involvement. Her campaign was entirely below the radar, I didn't hear a single talking point from her campaign, just her playing that opportunistic race card in the peppers in the lead up to the election. I expect more from someone who wishes to represent me. Frankly I'm astonished she got as many votes as she did but if she wants to win the runoff she will have to do much more than ride someone else's coat tails. As things stand I honestly have no idea what she stands for or what direction she plans to move in.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Tonight, April 25, 2013, Ms. Lopez left the council meeting early. The council meeting is considered city business but she did not leave early for the debate. There are many supporters out there who criticize me for not changing the date. If Ms. Lopez wanted to attend the debate she would have made the effort.

Did you check with all the candidates their schedule before you scheduled it and also, is it truly an impartial and well attended debate that voters look forward to?

Posted on: 2013/5/18 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Giovanna wrote:
Rich Boggiano has my vote. Lopez has been a major disappointment-- in this campaign, and more importantly, in the past 4 years.

Would you mind telling us other readers of this thread how Councilwoman Lopez has been a disappointment to you? Please tell us your personal experiences how she disappointed you.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 2:21

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017