Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Steve Fulop says police restructuring, teen recreation, abatements policy top agenda
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I hope he hits-up the developers through levies and taxes and makes a start on our sewers, that is only getting worse with these new estates and high rise apartment buildings.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 6:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Steve Fulop says police restructuring, teen recreation, abatements policy top agenda
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
He's got a lot to fix. Let's hope he does it.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 5:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/15 4:49
Group:
Registered Users
There is most certainly a new sheriff in town

Posted on: 2013/5/22 0:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Steven Fulop rocks.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/21 22:31

Steve Fulop says police restructuring, teen recreation, abatements policy top agenda
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor-elect says police restructuring, teen recreation, abatements policy top agenda

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
May 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Jersey City Mayor-elect Steve Fulop plans to be just as "hands-on" a mayor as he was a councilman, Fulop said Friday during his first wide-ranging interview since he defeated Mayor Jerramiah Healy on Tuesday.

Fulop, 36, who rarely goes a minute without checking email or messages on his phone, said he trained a lot of his campaign volunteers to be as responsive as he is, and he'll bring that same kind of alertness to City Hall starting July 1.

"There will be a culture of responsiveness that's going to be much more apparent than there is now," he told editors of The Jersey Journal.

Last Tuesday, Fulop won a long and hard-fought campaign against Healy, during which Fulop, currently the Downtown councilman, promised to change City Hall and seek to make Jersey City the best mid-size city in the nation.

His first duties as mayor will be to implement Police Department restructuring, developing additional summer recreation opportunities for teens, and instituting a new system for awarding long-term tax breaks to developers.

As for who will run the city under his administration, Fulop didn't offer any names, aside from his campaign manager, John Thieroff. Fulop declined to specify what role Thieroff will play, adding that he made no commitments to anyone during the campaign and he doesn't intend to summarily ax Healy allies.

"I'm not looking to come in to be a butcher for the sake of being a butcher, vindictive," he said.

Fulop won every ward in the city except Ward F, according to official election results. He lost Ward F by about 50 votes, but the margin of defeat was much more lopsided in the Bergen-Lafayette section of the ward.

Asked whether he thinks he needs to work on convincing voters in Bergen-Lafayette that he will work for them, Fulop said many of his proposals -- to decrease crime, to encourage development in areas aside from the waterfront -- are targeted to improve the lives of residents there.

He also intends to be a resident there soon. A longtime denizen of Downtown, Fulop has sold his Paulus Hook walkup and is seeking to buy a home in Bergen-Lafayette.

"It's a strong signal, is really what I think," he said. "I want to have a commitment to the area beyond just saying it."

For now, Fulop has more campaign work to do: six council races have yet to be decided, since no candidate except Downtown Councilwoman-elect Candice Osborne won more than 50 percent of the vote. And there's an upcoming vote to decide who will be chair of the Hudson County Democratic Party.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... _says_p.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/5/21 18:25

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017