Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
76 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 76

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 4th of July Fireworks
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 13:37
Group:
Registered Users
I still haven't been able to find anything out on the Liberty State Park fireworks. I'm just assuming they're not happening again this year.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
..and here is the JJ piece?

Macy's 37th annual Fourth of July fireworks display to light up the Hudson County sky

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... uly_bbq.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/6/12 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Macy?s Fourth of July fireworks to return to Hudson River; Singer Usher will help

Jun 11, 2013
Hudson Reporter

HUDSON COUNTY ? Residents of Hudson County will once again have a front row seat to the Macy?s fireworks display next month in honor of the Fourth of July. For several years running the iconic retailer has hosted the nation?s largest Fourth of July fireworks show from a barge set in the Hudson River, a site that offers residents in the waterfront towns of Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken, West New York, and North Bergen prime views of the show.

The length of the barge will run from approximately 24th Street in New York to 40th Street.

In a press release Macy?s has announced that the Hudson River will be the location of the fireworks show this July Fourth. (Until a few years ago, New York?s East River had been the site of the Macy?s fireworks show for many years. This location was not an ideal viewing spot for New Jersey residents.)

The display, which will be put on by SOUSA Fireworks, will feature more than 40,000 pyrotechnic shells that will be set off during a 26-minute show, according to the release, with roughly 1,800 shells launched every minute.

In a Fourth of July first for Macy?s, SOUSA and Macy?s executives have enlisted the support of a top recording artist to help synchronize the fireworks display and the music that accompanies the show. Macy?s and SOUSA are partnering with Grammy-winning singer/producer/songwriter Usher to curate the music so that the pace and rhythm of the songs selected are in sync with the light show.

?This year Macy?s 4th of July Fireworks will be transformed into a giant party in the sky captivating audiences along the Hudson River and on television screens across the country,? Amy Kule, executive producer of Macy?s Fourth of July Fireworks, said in a company release. ?Since 1976, Macy?s Fireworks have grown in scale and artistry. With this first-ever collaboration with Usher, we are taking the show to the next level of entertainment spectacle, combining the very best of Macy?s Fireworks with Usher?s unparalleled artistic vision.?

Macy?s estimates that the fireworks show will be seen by three million people nationwide, with most of those viewers, of course, seeing the show on TV. Lucky for residents of Hudson County, many of them will be able to catch the show live.

The show gets underway on Thursday, July 4 at sundown, which will be at approximately 9 p.m. ? E. Assata Wright

http://hudsonreporter.com/bookmark/22 ... Singer-Usher-will-help-b-

Posted on: 2013/6/12 17:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks jcgirl. Haven't been able to confirm that anywhere!

Posted on: 2013/5/17 14:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/25 10:55
Group:
Registered Users
Me and my family love the firework show that a family has been doing for years, more then 10 now down by the hudson mall area, we simply love them for always putting on a good show for the neighborhood to come together for a joyous occasion. The whole neighborhood cheers and they are very great people for making everyone around happy that day. Cheers to you guys as I know you are great people giving back to the community. Bringing people together is what it's all about. Thanks again guys

Posted on: 2013/5/17 1:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/18 18:53
From Near the water, but on the land
Group:
Registered Users
It will be Hudson again

Posted on: 2013/5/16 19:14

4th of July Fireworks
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if the NYC fireworks will be on the Hudson again this year? I've read "location TBD" in a few places, and that it will be on the Hudson again in a few places. I came across an article dated July 2012 that was talking about moving them back to the East River this year.

On a related note, has anyone heard anything about the Liberty State Park fireworks returning?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 18:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017