Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Moran: Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy likes a good fight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Here's a picture of a taxpayer-supported police car, smack daub in front of Jerry Healy's campaign headquarters. Must be nice he has that kind of security for his place. Nobody was actually there when I walked by, and notice how there is space both in front of and behind the car, so I don't think it's a coincidence the car was parked there. Before anybody says - "he's the mayor, he needs security" - nobody was there at the time, and in my professional opinion, police cars should guard city hall when he's working, not the privately-funded campaign headquarters. I have not seen any similar protection for the other candidates at their campaign offices, but if anyone else has, they can post pictures of that too.

Resized Image

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/cjo ... _131_zps5cec2064.jpg.html

caj11 - You do not need to manipulate the truth in order for Healy to hang himself.

What the picture does not show for those of you who do not know the area is that the North District Police station is about 75 feet north of where Healy's Ward D club is located. No private security is being supplied. That area of Central Ave. & the area of Hutton St. are reserved for the parking of police vehicles. The burgandy awning belongs to Pizza Masters, next door to that is a vacant store, then the station. Now, if you go down Hutton St. literally behind the station is the Elks' Lodge where the Healy troops can gather for some libation.

The Masonic Temple is behind the Police Station.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 12:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Here's a picture of a taxpayer-supported police car, smack daub in front of Jerry Healy's campaign headquarters. Must be nice he has that kind of security for his place. Nobody was actually there when I walked by, and notice how there is space both in front of and behind the car, so I don't think it's a coincidence the car was parked there. Before anybody says - "he's the mayor, he needs security" - nobody was there at the time, and in my professional opinion, police cars should guard city hall when he's working, not the privately-funded campaign headquarters. I have not seen any similar protection for the other candidates at their campaign offices, but if anyone else has, they can post pictures of that too.

Resized Image

caj11 - You do not need to manipulate the truth in order for Healy to hang himself.

What the picture does not show for those of you who do not know the area is that the North District Police station is about 75 feet north of where Healy's Ward D club is located. No private security is being supplied. That area of Central Ave. & the area of Hutton St. are reserved for the parking of police vehicles. The burgandy awning belongs to Pizza Masters, next door to that is a vacant store, then the station. Now, if you go down Hutton St. literally behind the station is the Elks' Lodge where the Healy troops can gather for some libation.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 10:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Police recover Mayor Healys stolen towel after 3 brazen harlots use it in dance party.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQFcccx3_ns

Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
3 female culprits found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVy1fyU8mw

Posted on: 2013/5/6 4:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/6 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
OMIGOD!! My eyes!!!

Posted on: 2013/5/6 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Resized Image

Maybe Healy's people can Photoshop this pic to make it look bigger, too

Posted on: 2013/5/6 0:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Resized Image

There should be a sign out front of Healy's house, 'Small Package Goods'

Posted on: 2013/5/6 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/6 0:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Strange - when I look at the Picture , I don't see any girls. Hispanic or otherwise.

Good one, La_Verdad. When I look at the picture, I don't see a towel either.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
From the New York Times 10/10/04:

Last week, Mr. Healy, a diabetic, said that photographs showing him naked were the result of a night out drinking six to eight beers over a three-hour period -- though he is still scratching his head and wondering how he ended up on the porch. ''I wish I recall how I got back out there,'' he said. ''But I don't.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage ... 43BF933A25753C1A9629C8B63

Posted on: 2013/5/5 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Strange - when I look at the Picture , I don't see any girls. Hispanic or otherwise.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/5 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Moran is a veteran Star-Ledger writer and a good one at that. I would like to know, however, when Healy made this bizarre new revelation. It's a giant palm-to-foreheard moment for Team Healy that's for certain. For Jerry to even talk about this huge embarrassment so late in the game must mean some mud about the event was about to be slung. There realy is no other rationale explanation for him to even open his mouth about it. That or he is becoming senile.

Jenny Morrill his PR lady must be pacing around screaming "Why! Why! You damn buffoon!! Wonder if she has contemplated jumping ship?

***This should be required reading for every Jersey City citizen:

"Take the naked photo incident. At the time, Healy acknowledged he had been drinking and said he could not remember what happened. Last week he offered a new version of the story with a bizarre sexual twist.

Now he says three young women woke him by banging trash cans outside his house, so he rose from bed, wrapped a towel around himself, and went to investigate.

?Three Hispanic girls, young kids,? he says. ?So I go out on the porch and they pulled the towel off me. Now I start laughing, and then they started doing other stuff. I said, ?I?m old enough to be your grandfather.???

?It was filthy,? he says. ?I chased them away, and I just sat down.?

Posted on: 2013/5/5 15:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Magnus wrote:
Moran: Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy likes a good fight - and he's found one

Last week he offered a new version of the story with a bizarre sexual twist.

The problem is not that Healy likes a good fight, but he likes bad ones.

I know someone who for years has told me they were one of the people who came upon the would-be mayor in his invisible suit of clothing, passed out on his porch. (Isn't there a Hans Christian Andersen story about the emperor with no clothes?)

Their old story contradicts his new one, that's for sure.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
I seem to remember the naked story explanation at the time was that he had a diabetic reaction from drinking alcoholic beverages. I certainly hope for Jerrys' sake that this new explanation is true and that he just forgot what happened that night and it just came back to him while he sat on a bar-stool "rapidly nearing that psychic land from which few travelers return, the land in which facts are the products of wishes, in which friends betray and in which an asylum chair may be the throne of God." (Sigmund Freud on President Woodrow Wilson)

I may be wrong but I seem to remember the original version of the blue towel incident said it was a young couple (teenaged) walking down the street & saw him sitting there.

And just a little side note - I know someone who lived a couple of doors from him & said it was not unusual to see him putting out the garbage with that towel wrapped around him & that him in his underwear in the backyard was not the prettiest sight to see.

BTW, I saw that infamous picture - my condolences to his wife.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 14:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/10 23:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Magnus wrote:
This view shows what Jerramiah Healy looks like outside Jersey City.

Moran: Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy likes a good fight - and he's found one
By Tom Moran/ The Star-Ledger
on May 05, 2013 at 12:02 AM, updated May 05, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy stared at his feet, his shoulders slumped, as if all his famous spunk was spent.
It was the final debate in a mayoral campaign Thursday night, and the young challenger, Councilman Steven Fulop, was pounding Healy over and over, drawing huge cheers from a crowd eager to see the mayor?s blood splash on the floor.

Finally, Healy lifted his microphone to speak, as if it were as heavy as a sledgehammer.

?You guys are real gracious,? he snarled.

This is rare. Politicians don?t usually insult an audience like that. But Healy is not your typical politician.

This is a guy who was photographed naked on his front porch at 2 a.m. during the 2004 campaign, and won the race anyway. People like him. A few years later, he was convicted of resisting arrest after scuffling with cops outside a bar his sister owns at the Shore.

In both cases, he insists he did nothing wrong and was framed. And no, he says, neither after-midnight incident is a sign that the rumors of his heavy drinking are true.

?Listen, I like to eat, drink, sing, dance and laugh,? he says. ?And I make no apologies for any of the above.?

It is tempting to get warm and fuzzy about Healy and his quirks. The man has a certain charm. He recorded a CD with his family singing Christmas carols, and still hands them out to visitors.

But know this: His administration has been proved to be thoroughly corrupt. Healy is one of the few survivors in his inner circle who was not convicted in the famous 2009 FBI bust known as ?Operation Bid Rig.?

That list includes his deputy mayor, three city council members who ran on his ticket, his housing commissioner, two senior managers in his health department, the building inspector and a commissioner at the utilities authority. In most cases, it was old-school stuff, cash in envelopes in return for needed permits.

Healy himself was not indicted, even though the FBI sent an informant with a cash envelope to give it a try. And he?s proud of that in a way that only a Hudson County mayor could be.

?No one in the state of New Jersey has been more thoroughly vetted than I was four years ago, and I came out clean,? he said at the debate.

The problem for Healy is that there are really only two possibilities. Either he knew what was going on, which makes him corrupt. Or he didn?t, which makes him clueless. There is no third way.

?I?m not with people 24 hours a day,? he said in an interview. ?If some in my administration veered off the righteous path, they did it foolishly.?

Healy is 62 years old, and it?s been a grueling stretch leading to the May 14 mayoral vote. He?s never faced a challenger like Fulop, a 36-year-old whiz kid who resigned from Goldman Sachs after the Sept. 11 attacks to enlist in the Marines, served in Iraq, and has worked tirelessly for years to build a following. His allies now control the city council and the school board, and he has good-government plans to fix everything.

PAST PRIME TIME

The pressure may be getting to Healy, because he seems to be losing a step.

Take the naked photo incident. At the time, Healy acknowledged he had been drinking and said he could not remember what happened. Last week he offered a new version of the story with a bizarre sexual twist.

Now he says three young women woke him by banging trash cans outside his house, so he rose from bed, wrapped a towel around himself, and went to investigate.

?Three Hispanic girls, young kids,? he says. ?So I go out on the porch and they pulled the towel off me. Now I start laughing, and then they started doing other stuff. I said, ?I?m old enough to be your grandfather.???

What other stuff?

And that, he says, is when a political enemy snapped the photograph. Why he would be changing this story now, in the final stretch of the campaign, is anyone?s guess.

SEEING ENEMIES

As for Bid Rig and corruption, Healy sees that as a conspiracy executed on behalf of a former prosecutor by the name of Chris Christie. He remembers watching TV as the FBI discussed the arrests of all those Democrats a few months before Christie won the election.

?I?m screaming at the TV,? he says. ?I was saying this is a (bleeping) campaign commercial. And that?s what it was. I don?t want to throw stones at the governor, but all that stuff was extremely helpful to his campaign.?

So much for any hint of repentance over his senior staff?s acceptance of all those envelopes.

Another bizarre viewpoint: Healy believes David Tepper, a hedge-fund billionaire who is funding school-reform efforts across the state, is helping Fulop in this race so he can execute a secret plan to take over the public schools in Jersey City and operate them as for-profit enterprises.

?It smells a little to me, okay?? the mayor says.

Really? Tepper earned $2.2 billion last year on the market. Isn?t it possible he is impressed by Fulop?s long-standing efforts to reform the city?s failing public schools?
strong challenger

Is Fulop the real deal? He?s smart, hardworking and makes good sense on every issue, so there is hope. But his TV ad accusing Healy of corruption is flatly unfair, and swimming in Hudson County?s political waters is hazardous to one?s ethical health. So who knows?

But you can feel the changing of the guard coming. It seems inevitable that Fulop will be mayor, if not in this election then in the next.

Healy has endorsements from President Obama, Newark Mayor Cory Booker and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Healy endorsed Obama early, so that is payback. And he has worked hard on gun control.

Still, Healy personifies the Jersey City of the past, a rough-edged place where you can still find the legendary wooden desk used by Mayor Frank Hague, rigged to allow him to push the center drawer outward so that visitors could deposit bribes without witnessing him touching the cash.

That Jersey City is slipping into history as surges of young professionals like Fulop settle in, along with ethnic groups of every type.

Healy is still talking up his long love affair with the city, where his children and grandchildren remain.

?I have roots in this city, blood in this city,? he says. ?Steve?s been here just 12 years.?

That might help the mayor with the natives. But with Fulop pounding on the door, it sounds more like the last stand of the old guard.

Can this get any sadder & more pathetic? Jerry, there are weekly AA meetings at Pershing Field every Sunday. You & your WIFE need to look into attending & soon. People will have a little more respect for you.

Our household is no fans of Healy and we are also no fans of sexual preditors. What's your thoughts on this event, Heightsbrat? This is John Kondes that is formerly of Jersey City and owns a house in the heights with his sister. Maybe we should lobby Pershing Field to hold more than just AA meetings.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... n_56_charged_alongsi.html

Posted on: 2013/5/5 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Get out the vote!

Posted on: 2013/5/5 14:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like to know exactly how old these "three Hispanic girls, young kids" were that Mayor Healy wrapped a towel around himself and went to investigate. ?So I go out on the porch and they (3 young kids) pulled the towel off me. Now I start laughing, and then they started doing other stuff. I said, ?I?m old enough to be your grandfather.??? What other stuff? ?It was filthy,? he says. ?I chased them away, and I just sat down.? Now most other people would have put their pants on before going outside to investigate suspicious circumstances on their property. Most other men of his age would have objected long before three young Hispanic girls young enough to be his grand children did "filthy" things to him before he chased them away. Instead, Mayor Healy laughs while this is going on. So I ask myself three questions. Question 1: Was this contact consensual? or Question 2: If not, did Mayor Healy forget to report this crime? Question 3: Is this story true, a willful lie, the product of too much alcohol, or the ravings of a complete lunatic? In any of these cases the man is obviously not fit to be the mayor of the great City of Jersey City.

PAST PRIME TIME

Take the naked photo incident. At the time, Healy acknowledged he had been drinking and said he could not remember what happened. Last week he offered a new version of the story with a bizarre sexual twist.

Take the naked photo incident. At the time, Healy acknowledged he had been drinking and said he could not remember what happened.
?Three Hispanic girls, young kids,? he says. ?So I?So I go out on the porch and they pulled the towel off me. Now I start laughing, and then they started doing other stuff. I said, ?I?m old enough to be your grandfather.??? go out on the porch and they pulled the towel off me. Now I start laughing, and then they started doing other stuff. I said, ?I?m old enough to be your grandfather.???

What other stuff?

And that, he says, is when a political enemy snapped the photograph. Why he would be changing this story now, in the final stretch of the campaign, is anyone?s guess.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 14:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I seem to remember the naked story explanation at the time was that he had a diabetic reaction from drinking alcoholic beverages. I certainly hope for Jerrys' sake that this new explanation is true and that he just forgot what happened that night and it just came back to him while he sat on a bar-stool "rapidly nearing that psychic land from which few travelers return, the land in which facts are the products of wishes, in which friends betray and in which an asylum chair may be the throne of God." (Sigmund Freud on President Woodrow Wilson)

Posted on: 2013/5/5 13:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 0:17
Group:
Registered Users
HIGHLIGHTING 3 THINGS

The Star-Ledger wrote:Quote:

But know this: His administration has been proved to be thoroughly corrupt.

The pressure may be getting to Healy, because he seems to be losing a step. Take the naked photo incident. At the time, Healy acknowledged he had been drinking and said he could not remember what happened. Last week he offered a new version of the story with a bizarre sexual twist.... Why he would be changing this story now, in the final stretch of the campaign, is anyone?s guess.

But you can feel the changing of the guard coming. It seems inevitable that Fulop will be mayor, if not in this election then in the next.

1. Everybody outside of town gets that the Healy administration has set a new low for corruption, deception and cynicism.

2. Jerry Healy and his campaign are getting increasingly bizarre and desperate.

BUT...DANGER IS AHEAD.

3. "It seems inevitable that Fulop will be mayor, if not in this election then in the next."

Nothing is inevitable. The election will be won by the voters who come to the polls, and lost by the voters who stay home.

We cannot take another four years of Jerry Healy and his corrupt crew of cronies. Our tax bills cannot stand another four years of money funneled to his friends. Our streets cannot stand another four years of violence and filth and lack of maintenance. Our city government cannot take another four years of mismanagement.

We have to make the change NOW.

It's about us, not the guys running for office. Now is the time to make sure everybody you know treats the election like our future depends on it. It does.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
The only thing that saved the Mayor in that sweep was the fact that Jon Corzine was running the state and Eric Holder was running the Department of Justice. Healy came out as an original Obama supporter in the first election. Risky move going against Clinton machine but it paid off.... I am not going to go into how inept (corrupt??) the DOJ is but the fact is Holder let Corzine walk away free after he and his cronies looted MF Global and they both made sure their guy Healy walked away "vetted" to keep The Hudson County Machine in place.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 11:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Magnus wrote:

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy stared at his feet, his shoulders slumped, as if all his famous spunk was spent.
It was the final debate in a mayoral campaign Thursday night, and the young challenger, Councilman Steven Fulop, was pounding Healy over and over, drawing huge cheers from a crowd eager to see the mayor?s blood splash on the floor.

Finally, Healy lifted his microphone to speak, as if it were as heavy as a sledgehammer.

This is rare. Politicians don?t usually insult an audience like that. But Healy is not your typical politician.

This is a guy who was photographed naked on his front porch at 2 a.m. during the 2004 campaign, and won the race anyway. People like him. A few years later, he was convicted of resisting arrest after scuffling with cops outside a bar his sister owns at the Shore.

In both cases, he insists he did nothing wrong and was framed. And no, he says, neither after-midnight incident is a sign that the rumors of his heavy drinking are true.

?Listen, I like to eat, drink, sing, dance and laugh,? he says. ?And I make no apologies for any of the above.?

It is tempting to get warm and fuzzy about Healy and his quirks. The man has a certain charm. He recorded a CD with his family singing Christmas carols, and still hands them out to visitors.

But know this: His administration has been proved to be thoroughly corrupt. Healy is one of the few survivors in his inner circle who was not convicted in the famous 2009 FBI bust known as ?Operation Bid Rig.?

That list includes his deputy mayor, three city council members who ran on his ticket, his housing commissioner, two senior managers in his health department, the building inspector and a commissioner at the utilities authority. In most cases, it was old-school stuff, cash in envelopes in return for needed permits.

Healy himself was not indicted, even though the FBI sent an informant with a cash envelope to give it a try. And he?s proud of that in a way that only a Hudson County mayor could be.

?No one in the state of New Jersey has been more thoroughly vetted than I was four years ago, and I came out clean,? he said at the debate.

The problem for Healy is that there are really only two possibilities. Either he knew what was going on, which makes him corrupt. Or he didn?t, which makes him clueless. There is no third way.

?I?m not with people 24 hours a day,? he said in an interview. ?If some in my administration veered off the righteous path, they did it foolishly.?

Healy is 62 years old, and it?s been a grueling stretch leading to the May 14 mayoral vote. He?s never faced a challenger like Fulop, a 36-year-old whiz kid who resigned from Goldman Sachs after the Sept. 11 attacks to enlist in the Marines, served in Iraq, and has worked tirelessly for years to build a following. His allies now control the city council and the school board, and he has good-government plans to fix everything.

PAST PRIME TIME

What other stuff?

SEEING ENEMIES

As for Bid Rig and corruption, Healy sees that as a conspiracy executed on behalf of a former prosecutor by the name of Chris Christie. He remembers watching TV as the FBI discussed the arrests of all those Democrats a few months before Christie won the election.

?I?m screaming at the TV,? he says. ?I was saying this is a (bleeping) campaign commercial. And that?s what it was. I don?t want to throw stones at the governor, but all that stuff was extremely helpful to his campaign.?

So much for any hint of repentance over his senior staff?s acceptance of all those envelopes.

Another bizarre viewpoint: Healy believes David Tepper, a hedge-fund billionaire who is funding school-reform efforts across the state, is helping Fulop in this race so he can execute a secret plan to take over the public schools in Jersey City and operate them as for-profit enterprises.

Really? Tepper earned $2.2 billion last year on the market. Isn?t it possible he is impressed by Fulop?s long-standing efforts to reform the city?s failing public schools?
strong challenger

Is Fulop the real deal? He?s smart, hardworking and makes good sense on every issue, so there is hope. But his TV ad accusing Healy of corruption is flatly unfair, and swimming in Hudson County?s political waters is hazardous to one?s ethical health. So who knows?

Healy has endorsements from President Obama, Newark Mayor Cory Booker and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Healy endorsed Obama early, so that is payback. And he has worked hard on gun control.

Still, Healy personifies the Jersey City of the past, a rough-edged place where you can still find the legendary wooden desk used by Mayor Frank Hague, rigged to allow him to push the center drawer outward so that visitors could deposit bribes without witnessing him touching the cash.

That Jersey City is slipping into history as surges of young professionals like Fulop settle in, along with ethnic groups of every type.

Healy is still talking up his long love affair with the city, where his children and grandchildren remain.

?I have roots in this city, blood in this city,? he says. ?Steve?s been here just 12 years.?

That might help the mayor with the natives. But with Fulop pounding on the door, it sounds more like the last stand of the old guard.

Can this get any sadder & more pathetic? Jerry, there are weekly AA meetings at Pershing Field every Sunday. You & your WIFE need to look into attending & soon. People will have a little more respect for you.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 11:15

Moran: Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy likes a good fight
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/11 5:14
Group:
Registered Users

PAST PRIME TIME

What other stuff?

SEEING ENEMIES

strong challenger

Posted on: 2013/5/5 6:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017