Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 »


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#52
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
You people don't know what you're talking about. At last night's debate, even though the Ward F audience and the NAACP moderators were hostile to him, the Mayor was strong and forceful and did a great job. He called your Full-op-It out on his dirty lies.

Unlike Councilboy Stevie, MAYOR Healy has a record to run on. He's done a great job in difficult times. He's added police and kept the streets safe. He's held property taxes down. He's overseen great economic development not just downtown but everywhere. And when Sandy hit, who was it that was actually making the city work, protecting lives and property? Not Stevie boy, but MAYOR Healy. And unlike Stevie, He's got a wife and kids and grandkids WHO LIVE IN JERSEY CITY!

Here's how this election is going down. All you do-gooders and dreamers downtown don't know how to run a campaign. You talk youself to death about how terrible our MAYOR is, and still nobody downtown will bother to vote.

MAYOR Healy has built up a lifetime of credibility with the REAL voters of Jersey City. They've got lives and don't bother with all this crap, but they will show up to vote, and send Stevie boy and all you wannabees back home to whereever it is you came from.





Having several generations of one's family continue to live in Jersey City is not an accomplishment to be proud of. It is a failure.








Maybe. If you're from a loser family that's probably true.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 12:21
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#51
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/4 22:11
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 485
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.


You people are all about childish behavior. You whine about Mayor Healy and the great people that built the city you are trying to steal. If any of you went to school here you would have learned some manner and some streets marts too.

The deleted post was how Mayor Healy outsmarted and outworked your Stevie. Team Healy was busy registering voters to the last minute, dropping off hundreds of new registrations right up until deadline. Where was Team Stevie? Nowhere in sight. Oh I forgot. They told me there was one poor Full-op-It schmuck who brought in one count it one last minute reg. Your beloved webmeister doesn't censor all kinds of your idiotic rants, but let someone tell how old fashioned political know how is going to clean your clocks and there goes your so-called "tolerance".

All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets. I was talking to a friend who knows downtown like few others. He hasnt seen Stevie boy out, Candycane is missin in action, it's like there's not an election in tow week. Go twiiter yourselves while the old pros take care of business.


I have been reading your posts for some time now, and I'm finally going to make a comment. Why the hell do you keep calling Steve, "Stevie"? Is this your feeble attempt at putting him down? Seriously, Steve is already a nickname for Stephen, why do you keep persisting in calling him "Stevie"? Are you using that name to imply that he's a child or not "manly" or whatever? Nevermind that he joined the army after 9/11 and swam the god damned HUDSON FLIPPING RIVER!!!! Do you think calling him "Stevie" is emasculating, is that why you keep calling him that?

I don't know, you kind of sound like a douchebag. I just want to tell you that, in case you were unaware. This is a public service to you. There's a certain way to make an argument on the Internet and not sound like a raving lunatic. We've all been there before but it seems like you need a gentle flick on the forehead (metaphorically speaking) to clue you in. So here's my flick to you.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 4:53
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#50
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
Quote:

Tyler wrote:
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

Tyler wrote:
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
[quote]

Why is it believed that Downtown voters will decide the fate of this race? Where can I find the stats on how many registered voters in each ward voted in 2009?


Historically blacks have always decided the race here in Jersey City, but this year downtown has the opportunity to decide this race because the black vote is split in three ways this election season with Walker, Fulop and Healy.

If everyone that is registered to vote downtown actually went out and voted Fulop would win in a landslide.

However the reality is most downtown people are not invested and many are renters so its unlikely they will show up. I wont be surprised if Healy wins again or they may be a run off. I want Fulop to win,but I don't think he can if all the register downtown voters don't show up. Here in ward A people own and they show up in huge numbers to the polls.

Tyler, are you saying that you or someone else is keeping tabs on the color of voters skin and that Ward A actually decides the vote because a greater number of voters in that ward, who happen to be owner occpants, come out and vote, more so than in other wards?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying, Ward A which is 39% Black, 25% white and 15% Asian has more of a history of voting because they own. Ward F as well which is 89% black.

If you are not paying property taxes why the F would you care about JC politics. I know when I lived downtown and rented I never even paid JC politics any attention as most renters who do not participate on jclist do.

You'd have to back that up with how many votes came in from each Ward in 2009's election.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 4:34
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#49
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/7/13 15:03
Last Login :
3/23 0:14
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4420
Offline
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Having several generations of one's family continue to live in Jersey City is not an accomplishment to be proud of. It is a failure.

How do figure that when you've migrated to this area to somewhat better yourselves as opposed to staying where you came from. I guess if you really feel that way you didn't do your homework.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 17:46
Get on your bikes and ride !
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#48
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/1/15 19:31
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 154
Offline
Quote:

Tyler wrote:

If you are not paying property taxes why the F would you care about JC politics. I know when I lived downtown and rented I never even paid JC politics any attention as most renters who do not participate on jclist do.


We ALL pay property taxes one way or another. We all care about the quality of life here.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 17:35
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#47
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/11/28 3:26
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 980
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
You people don't know what you're talking about. At last night's debate, even though the Ward F audience and the NAACP moderators were hostile to him, the Mayor was strong and forceful and did a great job. He called your Full-op-It out on his dirty lies.

Unlike Councilboy Stevie, MAYOR Healy has a record to run on. He's done a great job in difficult times. He's added police and kept the streets safe. He's held property taxes down. He's overseen great economic development not just downtown but everywhere. And when Sandy hit, who was it that was actually making the city work, protecting lives and property? Not Stevie boy, but MAYOR Healy. And unlike Stevie, He's got a wife and kids and grandkids WHO LIVE IN JERSEY CITY!

Here's how this election is going down. All you do-gooders and dreamers downtown don't know how to run a campaign. You talk youself to death about how terrible our MAYOR is, and still nobody downtown will bother to vote.

MAYOR Healy has built up a lifetime of credibility with the REAL voters of Jersey City. They've got lives and don't bother with all this crap, but they will show up to vote, and send Stevie boy and all you wannabees back home to whereever it is you came from.





Having several generations of one's family continue to live in Jersey City is not an accomplishment to be proud of. It is a failure.








Posted on: 2013/5/6 17:06
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#46
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/10/19 1:18
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1578
Offline
The "person" keeping tabs is the Census Bureau. Voting records are kept by the county and state. No one officially keeps track down to the individual ballot level which is a white vote or an Asian vote or what have you, but certainly things are tracked and understood at the district and ward levels using census data.

The Ward F demographic of 89% African-American I'm pretty sure pre-dates the redistricting. F became considerably whiter with the addition of the southwestern corner of downtown to its boundaries.

The belief that Downtown (including the bit that is now in F - it didn't go away and a vote is a vote; no electoral college type system) will decide the election stems from the thought that with a strong downtown-based candidate, turnout will be much higher there than usual. If that happens, Fulop should win since most additional votes there will be his.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 14:01
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#45
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/3/13 0:42
Last Login :
2013/9/9 18:52
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 103
Offline
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

Tyler wrote:
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
[quote]

Why is it believed that Downtown voters will decide the fate of this race? Where can I find the stats on how many registered voters in each ward voted in 2009?


Historically blacks have always decided the race here in Jersey City, but this year downtown has the opportunity to decide this race because the black vote is split in three ways this election season with Walker, Fulop and Healy.

If everyone that is registered to vote downtown actually went out and voted Fulop would win in a landslide.

However the reality is most downtown people are not invested and many are renters so its unlikely they will show up. I wont be surprised if Healy wins again or they may be a run off. I want Fulop to win,but I don't think he can if all the register downtown voters don't show up. Here in ward A people own and they show up in huge numbers to the polls.

Tyler, are you saying that you or someone else is keeping tabs on the color of voters skin and that Ward A actually decides the vote because a greater number of voters in that ward, who happen to be owner occpants, come out and vote, more so than in other wards?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying, Ward A which is 39% Black, 25% white and 15% Asian has more of a history of voting because they own. Ward F as well which is 89% black.

If you are not paying property taxes why the F would you care about JC politics. I know when I lived downtown and rented I never even paid JC politics any attention as most renters who do not participate on jclist do.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 13:28
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#44
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
Quote:

Tyler wrote:
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

Tyler wrote:
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
[quote]

Why is it believed that Downtown voters will decide the fate of this race? Where can I find the stats on how many registered voters in each ward voted in 2009?


Historically blacks have always decided the race here in Jersey City, but this year downtown has the opportunity to decide this race because the black vote is split in three ways this election season with Walker, Fulop and Healy.

If everyone that is registered to vote downtown actually went out and voted Fulop would win in a landslide.

However the reality is most downtown people are not invested and many are renters so its unlikely they will show up. I wont be surprised if Healy wins again or they may be a run off. I want Fulop to win,but I don't think he can if all the register downtown voters don't show up. Here in ward A people own and they show up in huge numbers to the polls.

Are you kidding me? This is one of the silliest things I've read about the election. No one keeps tabs on the color of voters skin. Almost all people rent in Jersey City. There are very few owner occupied homes here which means the renters are the ones voting.

wow you are denser than I imagined, blacks have always decide the race here way before all the new whites came, maybe you should hit a library and do some reading. Keeping tabs on white, black, or Latin voters is not uncommon, we have been doing it for decades. WTF you think Fulop open his headquarters in the black part of town? Get a fucking clue.

Wow. You're ruder than I imagined. Being an asshole doesn't make you right.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 13:21
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#43
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
Quote:

Tyler wrote:
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
[quote]

Why is it believed that Downtown voters will decide the fate of this race? Where can I find the stats on how many registered voters in each ward voted in 2009?


Historically blacks have always decided the race here in Jersey City, but this year downtown has the opportunity to decide this race because the black vote is split in three ways this election season with Walker, Fulop and Healy.

If everyone that is registered to vote downtown actually went out and voted Fulop would win in a landslide.

However the reality is most downtown people are not invested and many are renters so its unlikely they will show up. I wont be surprised if Healy wins again or they may be a run off. I want Fulop to win,but I don't think he can if all the register downtown voters don't show up. Here in ward A people own and they show up in huge numbers to the polls.

Tyler, are you saying that you or someone else is keeping tabs on the color of voters skin and that Ward A actually decides the vote because a greater number of voters in that ward, who happen to be owner occpants, come out and vote, more so than in other wards?

Posted on: 2013/5/6 13:10
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#42
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/3/13 0:42
Last Login :
2013/9/9 18:52
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 103
Offline
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
[quote]

Why is it believed that Downtown voters will decide the fate of this race? Where can I find the stats on how many registered voters in each ward voted in 2009?


Historically blacks have always decided the race here in Jersey City, but this year downtown has the opportunity to decide this race because the black vote is split in three ways this election season with Walker, Fulop and Healy.

If everyone that is registered to vote downtown actually went out and voted Fulop would win in a landslide.

However the reality is most downtown people are not invested and many are renters so its unlikely they will show up. I wont be surprised if Healy wins again or they may be a run off. I want Fulop to win,but I don't think he can if all the register downtown voters don't show up. Here in ward A people own and they show up in huge numbers to the polls.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 13:02
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#41
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
High-stakes Jersey City mayoral race gets ugly

By David Giambusso/The Star-Ledger
May 05, 2013 at 2:58 PM

In nine days, Jersey City voters take to the polls.

While those outside the state?s second largest city may not be paying much attention, for residents the May 14 election for mayor and council is impossible to ignore.

Voters have been inundated with television ads and glossy mailers. From stoop to stoop, competing campaign signs tell the story of a city divided over its future mayor.

Incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy is fighting for a third full term, touting reductions in crime, outsized economic development and an influx of affluent young families to the city?s downtown.

Nipping at his heels is a longtime foil, Councilman Steven Fulop, who has climbed the Jersey City hierarchy during his two terms as a city councilman. He is promising transparency and responsive government.

As Election Day approaches, the Healy and Fulop propaganda machines are running full blast. For all of the city?s new restaurants and shops, pristine parks and gentrified brownstones, when it comes to elections, Jersey City can feel like the same old nasty, blustery, melodramatic town it?s always been.

"On some level it surprises me, the level of negativity that this race has provided," said Brigid Harrison, a political science professor at Montclair State University. "You have a really entrenched incumbent and a challenger with a reform agenda ? neither lends itself to negative campaigning."

Much of the intensity comes from the high stakes. The race could end the political career of the loser and secure the winner a place atop the Hudson County mountain.

"Jersey City is like the Paris of Hudson politics," said Jim McQueeny, former state director for Democratic U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg and a veteran Hudson County reporter. "If you control Paris, you have the rest of France by the throat."

Healy?s past is colorful, to put it mildly.

A former city lawyer, municipal judge and city councilman, the son of Irish immigrants was first elected mayor in 2004 to fill the vacant term of Mayor Glenn Cunningham, who died in office. He was re-elected in 2005 and again in 2009.

Healy has never hidden his ties to the Hudson County Democratic Organization, which he once chaired. He has been a lightning rod for controversy and has weathered some storms that could have ended the career of another politician.

In 2004, when he ran in a special election to replace Cunningham, a picture of Healy surfaced showing him naked and passed out on the porch of his Jersey City home.

Then there was the infamous 2006 tussle with police in Bradley Beach, when Healy was charged with resisting arrest outside a local bar. Healy was convicted of obstruction of justice and disorderly person charges related to the incident.

In 2009, the FBI partnered with disgraced real estate investor Solomon Dwek to ensnare more than a dozen Hudson County politicians and operatives in a wide-reaching bribery scheme. The takedown included at least six members of Healy?s administration, including Deputy Mayor Leona Beldini, many of whom served time or are still in jail.

It?s against this backdrop that Fulop has tried to paint a clear line between his new brand of politics and Healy?s old-school style. Former Fulop supporters and Healy operatives are not making it easy.

Fulop, 36, is also the son of immigrants. His parents came from Hungary and ran a deli in Newark when he was growing up. He worked his way through school and left his job at Goldman Sachs shortly after the attacks on 9/11 when he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Since returning from the Iraq War, Fulop has climbed the political ladder in Jersey City, creating a reputation as someone who is more in touch than Healy with the needs of a changing city.

"You deserve a city that works for you," Fulop said in a recent ad, promising to modernize the police force, make budgets more transparent, and end no-bid contracts.

Fulop has not been shy about reminding voters of the Dwek scandal. Residents receive mailers almost daily, many of them showing grainy photos from the FBI tape. "This is Mayor Jerry Healy making a $30,000 secret deal with an undercover developer," reads one of the ads.

Healy was never charged in the sting and never agreed on the video to a deal with Dwek.

Not to be outdone, Healy supporters have a tape of their own.

A supporter of the mayor provided The Star-Ledger with a videotape of downtown developer Robert Lehrer claiming that he gave Fulop undeclared free office space in his downtown warehouse for two years between 2005 and 2008 ? a value of roughly $12,000.

"I used to see him every single day because every single day he?d come into the office," Lehrer said referring to Fulop. He added that he was never compensated.

Fulop?s campaign denied the accusations, saying they came from Healy backers.

"In fact, the Fulop campaign never had an office at that location," campaign manager John Thieroff said in an e-mail, adding that Lehrer and Fulop are documented opponents.

According to campaign records, Fulop had a "campaign HQ" at Lehrer?s warehouse for six months in 2007, paying a total of $4,300 in rent. When The Star-Ledger pointed out the discrepancy, the Fulop campaign admitted he used the warehouse for "storage" for six months, but not for the two years that Lehrer alleged.

Thieroff said the allegations "make no sense because Lehrer opposed Fulop politically and Fulop consistently voted against Lehrer?s financial interests."

Thieroff said the money was paid to a consulting firm run by Tom Bertoli, Fulop?s longtime advisor, as a "sublease."

Lehrer declined to comment. Bertoli said he was doing construction in the warehouse and therefore never had a lease with Lehrer.

With little more than a week left, observers and insiders say Healy and Fulop are in a dead heat.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy and Ward E Councilman and mayoral candidate Steven Fulop participate in a one-on-one April debate at The Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre in Journal Square. Candidate Jerry Walker was set to appear but didn't do to an illness; fourth candidate Abdul Malik was not invited. This is the second mayoral debate. Alyssa Ki/The Jersey Journal

The election is nonpartisan. Either Healy, Fulop or one of the two lesser known mayoral candidates ? Jerry Walker and Abdul Malik ? has to win 50 percent of the vote plus one vote to win in May. If that doesn?t happen, the race goes to a June runoff between the two top vote-getters.

Healy has won the endorsements of President Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and Newark Mayor Cory Booker as well as support from some of the state?s biggest labor unions.

"To continue moving America forward, we need more leaders like my friend, Jerry Healy," Obama said in a rare local endorsement. "He?s made Jersey City a vital engine for economic growth, innovation and opportunity."

Fulop has won fewer key endorsements, but supporters say he is better organized.

"I think Fulop is going to win because he has a better ground operation," said Rahaman Muhammad, president of the Service Employees International Union, Local 617, which represents mostly blue-collar workers.

"I think Mayor Healy is underestimating his get-out-the-vote operation and the grassroots movement he has built," Muhammad said.

Harrison said the tight battle could spell trouble for Healy.

"This race is going to be about turnout and who has the best organization," she said. "If Healy had a lock on this, he wouldn?t be pulling out all the stops the way he is."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013 ... ud_in_c.html#incart_river

Healy was not passed out on his porch. Healy was passed out at the bottom of his front steps, across from the entrance to St. Nicholas Elementary School. He was recently quoted as saying the reason he was naked on his steps was the fault of young kids, Hispanic girls, doing 'filthy' things to him. Um, ok. Can you spell 'pedophile'?

Posted on: 2013/5/6 12:57
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#40
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
Quote:

PlainSlice wrote:
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Plain Slice(love your username!), do you know how many Downtown registered voters voted in the last Mayoral election?


In the 2009 Municipal election, Ward E (downtown) had 5576 voters come to the polls, 17.9% of the citywide total.

Everybody knows that the foundation of Fulop's path to victory is getting a lot of votes from his downtown constituents.

But there are a couple of things which make downtown voting more problematic this time.

1. Due to population growth, some downtown voting districts have been moved into Ward F. The remaining Ward E districts have new voters, and fewer registered voters, so they are "set up" for lower turnout. These new voters also have less experience with Fulop, so can be presumed to be somewhat less likely to vote for him than their neighbors who supported Fulop in past elections.

2. Ward E has many fewer voting districts than other wards. That means fewer committeepeople, local leaders who tranditionally lead get out the vote efforts in their district. That also means that each committeeperson has more people to get out that do their counterparts in other wards.

On this second point, Ward E has only 23 districts compared to the next lowest number, 29 in the Heights and the highest 34 in Ward A, which will likely be Healy's strongest ward this time. Ward A has never had problems with voter turnout, and beat Ward E by nearly 1000 votes in the 2009 mayoral election.

If you support Fulop, you'd better be working like heck to bring out downtown voters in large numbers. Otherwise it's going to be a long election night - or worse, a terribly short one.




Why is it believed that Downtown voters will decide the fate of this race? Where can I find the stats on how many registered voters in each ward voted in 2009?

Posted on: 2013/5/6 12:52
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#39
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/2/20 18:20
Last Login :
5/15 5:00
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2710
Offline
High-stakes Jersey City mayoral race gets ugly

By David Giambusso/The Star-Ledger
May 05, 2013 at 2:58 PM

In nine days, Jersey City voters take to the polls.

While those outside the state?s second largest city may not be paying much attention, for residents the May 14 election for mayor and council is impossible to ignore.

Voters have been inundated with television ads and glossy mailers. From stoop to stoop, competing campaign signs tell the story of a city divided over its future mayor.

Incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy is fighting for a third full term, touting reductions in crime, outsized economic development and an influx of affluent young families to the city?s downtown.

Nipping at his heels is a longtime foil, Councilman Steven Fulop, who has climbed the Jersey City hierarchy during his two terms as a city councilman. He is promising transparency and responsive government.

As Election Day approaches, the Healy and Fulop propaganda machines are running full blast. For all of the city?s new restaurants and shops, pristine parks and gentrified brownstones, when it comes to elections, Jersey City can feel like the same old nasty, blustery, melodramatic town it?s always been.

"On some level it surprises me, the level of negativity that this race has provided," said Brigid Harrison, a political science professor at Montclair State University. "You have a really entrenched incumbent and a challenger with a reform agenda ? neither lends itself to negative campaigning."

Much of the intensity comes from the high stakes. The race could end the political career of the loser and secure the winner a place atop the Hudson County mountain.

"Jersey City is like the Paris of Hudson politics," said Jim McQueeny, former state director for Democratic U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg and a veteran Hudson County reporter. "If you control Paris, you have the rest of France by the throat."

Healy?s past is colorful, to put it mildly.

A former city lawyer, municipal judge and city councilman, the son of Irish immigrants was first elected mayor in 2004 to fill the vacant term of Mayor Glenn Cunningham, who died in office. He was re-elected in 2005 and again in 2009.

Healy has never hidden his ties to the Hudson County Democratic Organization, which he once chaired. He has been a lightning rod for controversy and has weathered some storms that could have ended the career of another politician.

In 2004, when he ran in a special election to replace Cunningham, a picture of Healy surfaced showing him naked and passed out on the porch of his Jersey City home.

Then there was the infamous 2006 tussle with police in Bradley Beach, when Healy was charged with resisting arrest outside a local bar. Healy was convicted of obstruction of justice and disorderly person charges related to the incident.

In 2009, the FBI partnered with disgraced real estate investor Solomon Dwek to ensnare more than a dozen Hudson County politicians and operatives in a wide-reaching bribery scheme. The takedown included at least six members of Healy?s administration, including Deputy Mayor Leona Beldini, many of whom served time or are still in jail.

It?s against this backdrop that Fulop has tried to paint a clear line between his new brand of politics and Healy?s old-school style. Former Fulop supporters and Healy operatives are not making it easy.

Fulop, 36, is also the son of immigrants. His parents came from Hungary and ran a deli in Newark when he was growing up. He worked his way through school and left his job at Goldman Sachs shortly after the attacks on 9/11 when he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Since returning from the Iraq War, Fulop has climbed the political ladder in Jersey City, creating a reputation as someone who is more in touch than Healy with the needs of a changing city.

"You deserve a city that works for you," Fulop said in a recent ad, promising to modernize the police force, make budgets more transparent, and end no-bid contracts.

Fulop has not been shy about reminding voters of the Dwek scandal. Residents receive mailers almost daily, many of them showing grainy photos from the FBI tape. "This is Mayor Jerry Healy making a $30,000 secret deal with an undercover developer," reads one of the ads.

Healy was never charged in the sting and never agreed on the video to a deal with Dwek.

Not to be outdone, Healy supporters have a tape of their own.

A supporter of the mayor provided The Star-Ledger with a videotape of downtown developer Robert Lehrer claiming that he gave Fulop undeclared free office space in his downtown warehouse for two years between 2005 and 2008 ? a value of roughly $12,000.

"I used to see him every single day because every single day he?d come into the office," Lehrer said referring to Fulop. He added that he was never compensated.

Fulop?s campaign denied the accusations, saying they came from Healy backers.

"In fact, the Fulop campaign never had an office at that location," campaign manager John Thieroff said in an e-mail, adding that Lehrer and Fulop are documented opponents.

According to campaign records, Fulop had a "campaign HQ" at Lehrer?s warehouse for six months in 2007, paying a total of $4,300 in rent. When The Star-Ledger pointed out the discrepancy, the Fulop campaign admitted he used the warehouse for "storage" for six months, but not for the two years that Lehrer alleged.

Thieroff said the allegations "make no sense because Lehrer opposed Fulop politically and Fulop consistently voted against Lehrer?s financial interests."

Thieroff said the money was paid to a consulting firm run by Tom Bertoli, Fulop?s longtime advisor, as a "sublease."

Lehrer declined to comment. Bertoli said he was doing construction in the warehouse and therefore never had a lease with Lehrer.

With little more than a week left, observers and insiders say Healy and Fulop are in a dead heat.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy and Ward E Councilman and mayoral candidate Steven Fulop participate in a one-on-one April debate at The Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre in Journal Square. Candidate Jerry Walker was set to appear but didn't do to an illness; fourth candidate Abdul Malik was not invited. This is the second mayoral debate. Alyssa Ki/The Jersey Journal

The election is nonpartisan. Either Healy, Fulop or one of the two lesser known mayoral candidates ? Jerry Walker and Abdul Malik ? has to win 50 percent of the vote plus one vote to win in May. If that doesn?t happen, the race goes to a June runoff between the two top vote-getters.

Healy has won the endorsements of President Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and Newark Mayor Cory Booker as well as support from some of the state?s biggest labor unions.

"To continue moving America forward, we need more leaders like my friend, Jerry Healy," Obama said in a rare local endorsement. "He?s made Jersey City a vital engine for economic growth, innovation and opportunity."

Fulop has won fewer key endorsements, but supporters say he is better organized.

"I think Fulop is going to win because he has a better ground operation," said Rahaman Muhammad, president of the Service Employees International Union, Local 617, which represents mostly blue-collar workers.

"I think Mayor Healy is underestimating his get-out-the-vote operation and the grassroots movement he has built," Muhammad said.

Harrison said the tight battle could spell trouble for Healy.

"This race is going to be about turnout and who has the best organization," she said. "If Healy had a lock on this, he wouldn?t be pulling out all the stops the way he is."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013 ... ud_in_c.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/5/6 3:48
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#38
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/5/25 12:02
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 60
Offline
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Plain Slice(love your username!), do you know how many Downtown registered voters voted in the last Mayoral election?


In the 2009 Municipal election, Ward E (downtown) had 5576 voters come to the polls, 17.9% of the citywide total.

Everybody knows that the foundation of Fulop's path to victory is getting a lot of votes from his downtown constituents.

But there are a couple of things which make downtown voting more problematic this time.

1. Due to population growth, some downtown voting districts have been moved into Ward F. The remaining Ward E districts have new voters, and fewer registered voters, so they are "set up" for lower turnout. These new voters also have less experience with Fulop, so can be presumed to be somewhat less likely to vote for him than their neighbors who supported Fulop in past elections.

2. Ward E has many fewer voting districts than other wards. That means fewer committeepeople, local leaders who tranditionally lead get out the vote efforts in their district. That also means that each committeeperson has more people to get out that do their counterparts in other wards.

On this second point, Ward E has only 23 districts compared to the next lowest number, 29 in the Heights and the highest 34 in Ward A, which will likely be Healy's strongest ward this time. Ward A has never had problems with voter turnout, and beat Ward E by nearly 1000 votes in the 2009 mayoral election.

If you support Fulop, you'd better be working like heck to bring out downtown voters in large numbers. Otherwise it's going to be a long election night - or worse, a terribly short one.




Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:32
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#37
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/12/7 2:49
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 352
Offline
Ugly, is re-reading this article from 2007. Seems old Jerry is used to saying, "I am not guilty."

http://nyti.ms/16hI2xJ

It's astounding that he was even elected in the first place after reading this:

Mr. Healy was photographed naked on the front porch of his house in Jersey City ? he says he did not remember how he got there ? after drinking what he said were ?six to eight beers? at a local bar.



Posted on: 2013/4/30 13:10
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#36
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
You people don't know what you're talking about. At last night's debate, even though the Ward F audience and the NAACP moderators were hostile to him, the Mayor was strong and forceful and did a great job. He called your Full-op-It out on his dirty lies.

Unlike Councilboy Stevie, MAYOR Healy has a record to run on. He's done a great job in difficult times. He's added police and kept the streets safe. He's held property taxes down. He's overseen great economic development not just downtown but everywhere. And when Sandy hit, who was it that was actually making the city work, protecting lives and property? Not Stevie boy, but MAYOR Healy. And unlike Stevie, He's got a wife and kids and grandkids WHO LIVE IN JERSEY CITY!

Here's how this election is going down. All you do-gooders and dreamers downtown don't know how to run a campaign. You talk youself to death about how terrible our MAYOR is, and still nobody downtown will bother to vote.

MAYOR Healy has built up a lifetime of credibility with the REAL voters of Jersey City. They've got lives and don't bother with all this crap, but they will show up to vote, and send Stevie boy and all you wannabees back home to whereever it is you came from.


All us do-gooders and dreamers...yes, that's us. I don't see anything wrong with who we are but I see something majorly wrong with your claim our streets are safe. My block is so bad that I'm thinking of leaving Jersey City. You're dreaming if you think the average Joe in Jersey City thinks the streets are safer than when Cunningham and Schundler were our Mayors. I can count on one hand how many times in the past two years I've seen police come into my neighborhood and those times were for a drug bust that was long overdue and a death threat between the drugdealer and a gay man he liked to pick on. Our streets are filthy. There are no trees. The City claims it doesn't have any paint to paint the 'No Parking Fire Hydrant' lines. That's so ridiculous it's embarrassing. You want me to believe that our streets are safer? I want you to hear us when we say they aren't.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 12:38
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#35
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
Quote:

PlainSlice wrote:
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets.


While we can all agree with Dean Wurmer that "fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life," WeBe in his arrogant, argumentative, deluded way is giving Fulop supporters a gift.

Everybody knows or should know that Fulop's path to victory depends on big numbers downtown. Dismiss the view from WeBe's barstool at your own risk, but he's not the only person who sees a decided lack of energy from Fulop's base of support.

Downtown made Fulop. Downtown could also break him.

Healy and his crew did not get where they are by sitting on barstools. They work their asses off at election time so they can spend the next 3? years on the barstools.




Plain Slice(love your username!), do you know how many Downtown registered voters voted in the last Mayoral election?

Posted on: 2013/4/30 12:12
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#34
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 756
Offline
Quote:

Prismatic wrote:
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.


You people are all about childish behavior. You whine about Mayor Healy and the great people that built the city you are trying to steal. If any of you went to school here you would have learned some manner and some streets marts too.

The deleted post was how Mayor Healy outsmarted and outworked your Stevie. Team Healy was busy registering voters to the last minute, dropping off hundreds of new registrations right up until deadline. Where was Team Stevie? Nowhere in sight. Oh I forgot. They told me there was one poor Full-op-It schmuck who brought in one count it one last minute reg. Your beloved webmeister doesn't censor all kinds of your idiotic rants, but let someone tell how old fashioned political know how is going to clean your clocks and there goes your so-called "tolerance".

All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets. I was talking to a friend who knows downtown like few others. He hasnt seen Stevie boy out, Candycane is missin in action, it's like there's not an election in tow week. Go twiiter yourselves while the old pros take care of business.


LOL! I went to school in JC. P.S #27 from K-8 and graduated from Dickinson in 08, I learned squat. Senior year I still had teachers giving us books on algebra 1. Algebra senior year!!! LOL going to college I felt like a complete dumbass because I was not prepared at all for the real world


Forget to change screen names WeBe?

Posted on: 2013/4/30 10:44
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#33
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/10/23 16:11
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 439
Offline
Here's an oldie but goodie! This how the "Pros" take care of business! Absolutely classic and ridiculous that he was re-elected last time. We'll sweep him under the rug this time!

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... eep_this_under_the_r.html

Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.


You people are all about childish behavior. You whine about Mayor Healy and the great people that built the city you are trying to steal. If any of you went to school here you would have learned some manner and some streets marts too.

The deleted post was how Mayor Healy outsmarted and outworked your Stevie. Team Healy was busy registering voters to the last minute, dropping off hundreds of new registrations right up until deadline. Where was Team Stevie? Nowhere in sight. Oh I forgot. They told me there was one poor Full-op-It schmuck who brought in one count it one last minute reg. Your beloved webmeister doesn't censor all kinds of your idiotic rants, but let someone tell how old fashioned political know how is going to clean your clocks and there goes your so-called "tolerance".

All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets. I was talking to a friend who knows downtown like few others. He hasnt seen Stevie boy out, Candycane is missin in action, it's like there's not an election in tow week. Go twiiter yourselves while the old pros take care of business.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 3:20
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/4/22 23:08
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 249
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.


You people are all about childish behavior. You whine about Mayor Healy and the great people that built the city you are trying to steal. If any of you went to school here you would have learned some manner and some streets marts too.

The deleted post was how Mayor Healy outsmarted and outworked your Stevie. Team Healy was busy registering voters to the last minute, dropping off hundreds of new registrations right up until deadline. Where was Team Stevie? Nowhere in sight. Oh I forgot. They told me there was one poor Full-op-It schmuck who brought in one count it one last minute reg. Your beloved webmeister doesn't censor all kinds of your idiotic rants, but let someone tell how old fashioned political know how is going to clean your clocks and there goes your so-called "tolerance".

All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets. I was talking to a friend who knows downtown like few others. He hasnt seen Stevie boy out, Candycane is missin in action, it's like there's not an election in tow week. Go twiiter yourselves while the old pros take care of business.


LOL! I went to school in JC. P.S #27 from K-8 and graduated from Dickinson in 08, I learned squat. Senior year I still had teachers giving us books on algebra 1. Algebra senior year!!! LOL going to college I felt like a complete dumbass because I was not prepared at all for the real world

Posted on: 2013/4/30 3:04
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Today 3:10
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1221
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.


You people are all about childish behavior. You whine about Mayor Healy and the great people that built the city you are trying to steal. If any of you went to school here you would have learned some manner and some streets marts too.

The deleted post was how Mayor Healy outsmarted and outworked your Stevie. Team Healy was busy registering voters to the last minute, dropping off hundreds of new registrations right up until deadline. Where was Team Stevie? Nowhere in sight. Oh I forgot. They told me there was one poor Full-op-It schmuck who brought in one count it one last minute reg. Your beloved webmeister doesn't censor all kinds of your idiotic rants, but let someone tell how old fashioned political know how is going to clean your clocks and there goes your so-called "tolerance".

All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets. I was talking to a friend who knows downtown like few others. He hasnt seen Stevie boy out, Candycane is missin in action, it's like there's not an election in tow week. Go twiiter yourselves while the old pros take care of business.


Oh, yet another Healy shill with only a few posts just a couple weeks before the election. If cheezsnak and WeBelongHere are not the same person that created two IDs (and will create more before the election ends), they are probably both campaign volunteers specifically instructed to monitor this forum. You know, if you had started posting a few months earlier and had a lot more posts under your name, it might have been more convincing. You aren't fooling anybody here.

You say you haven't seen Fulop campaigning and/or registering voters, but I'd like to know - where was Healy and his council cronies/appointees after Hurricane Sandy? Because all I saw was Healy doing a few photo ops at the various shelters, and heard he barely helped out while he was there. Fulop, on the other hand, was out and doing his best to help people in wards besides his own Ward E.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 18:41
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#30
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/5/25 12:02
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 60
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets.


While we can all agree with Dean Wurmer that "fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life," WeBe in his arrogant, argumentative, deluded way is giving Fulop supporters a gift.

Everybody knows or should know that Fulop's path to victory depends on big numbers downtown. Dismiss the view from WeBe's barstool at your own risk, but he's not the only person who sees a decided lack of energy from Fulop's base of support.

Downtown made Fulop. Downtown could also break him.

Healy and his crew did not get where they are by sitting on barstools. They work their asses off at election time so they can spend the next 3? years on the barstools.



Posted on: 2013/4/28 14:56
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 756
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.


You people are all about childish behavior. You whine about Mayor Healy and the great people that built the city you are trying to steal. If any of you went to school here you would have learned some manner and some streets marts too.

The deleted post was how Mayor Healy outsmarted and outworked your Stevie. Team Healy was busy registering voters to the last minute, dropping off hundreds of new registrations right up until deadline. Where was Team Stevie? Nowhere in sight. Oh I forgot. They told me there was one poor Full-op-It schmuck who brought in one count it one last minute reg. Your beloved webmeister doesn't censor all kinds of your idiotic rants, but let someone tell how old fashioned political know how is going to clean your clocks and there goes your so-called "tolerance".

All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets. I was talking to a friend who knows downtown like few others. He hasnt seen Stevie boy out, Candycane is missin in action, it's like there's not an election in tow week. Go twiiter yourselves while the old pros take care of business.


Let's talk about childish behaviour Maureen (?). Healy showing in Society Hill for a photo op & try to take credit for a clean-up BBQ that the FULOP supporters put together for the their neighbors who aided each other in their clean-up after Sandy. Let's talk about Candice WHO WAS NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED for being one of the people who put the Sandy Recovery together while Healy wobbled around in a sports jacket, dockers & open shirt. Let's talk about Healy's performance at the Bethune Center. He interrupted so many times that when he wanted to respond to something at the end, the audience, about 200 strong, in unison Yelled "NO!". Let's talk about Healy's OBVIOUSLY inebriated First Lady who got so in the face of a Fulop volunteer that her husband's security , one on each side mind you, had to escort her away. Now if he had taken care of our infrastructure, maybe the car wouldn't have had to stop so he could hurl. Who cleaned up that mess.

And about missing in action - where have Healy's candidates been at the debates? Talk about MIA. Those that do show up sound like they have been rehearsing for weeks how not to quite answer the question & the rest answer as if they hadn't heard there was a problem.

Now run along, your order at Central Liquors is ready.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 14:42
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/8/27 22:16
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 344
Offline
WeBe/Phoney/Billy Mats- please keep believing what you are "hearing". It's obviously very personal for you - you must spend at least six hours a day posting innuendo about Steve being gay and lies about any number of things on NJ.com and other places. We may not be political "pro's" like you (desperate to hold on to your job because the market for you after May 15 if Fulop wins is buggy whip-like), but seems like you need to rethink your gameplan. You post madeup sh!t like a ten year old and you expect people to believe it??

The mayor conceded downtown about fifteen minutes after high tide during the hurricane and hasn't been seen on the streets of Ward e since.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 13:06
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/1/15 19:31
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 154
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.


You people are all about childish behavior. You whine about Mayor Healy and the great people that built the city you are trying to steal. If any of you went to school here you would have learned some manner and some streets marts too.

The deleted post was how Mayor Healy outsmarted and outworked your Stevie. Team Healy was busy registering voters to the last minute, dropping off hundreds of new registrations right up until deadline. Where was Team Stevie? Nowhere in sight. Oh I forgot. They told me there was one poor Full-op-It schmuck who brought in one count it one last minute reg. Your beloved webmeister doesn't censor all kinds of your idiotic rants, but let someone tell how old fashioned political know how is going to clean your clocks and there goes your so-called "tolerance".

All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets. I was talking to a friend who knows downtown like few others. He hasnt seen Stevie boy out, Candycane is missin in action, it's like there's not an election in tow week. Go twiiter yourselves while the old pros take care of business.


Steal the city from whom? If we are successful it will be because we get more votes. Apparently, you believe that would be taking away something that belongs to you. This is exactly the attitude that needs to end. Jersey City does not belong to you.

Jersey City has been around for centuries. Healy didn't build it.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 4:54
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#26
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/4/24 4:31
Last Login :
2013/5/12 3:55
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 10
Offline
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.


You people are all about childish behavior. You whine about Mayor Healy and the great people that built the city you are trying to steal. If any of you went to school here you would have learned some manner and some streets marts too.

The deleted post was how Mayor Healy outsmarted and outworked your Stevie. Team Healy was busy registering voters to the last minute, dropping off hundreds of new registrations right up until deadline. Where was Team Stevie? Nowhere in sight. Oh I forgot. They told me there was one poor Full-op-It schmuck who brought in one count it one last minute reg. Your beloved webmeister doesn't censor all kinds of your idiotic rants, but let someone tell how old fashioned political know how is going to clean your clocks and there goes your so-called "tolerance".

All your stupid facebook posts wont make up for your failure to hit the streets. I was talking to a friend who knows downtown like few others. He hasnt seen Stevie boy out, Candycane is missin in action, it's like there's not an election in tow week. Go twiiter yourselves while the old pros take care of business.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 4:34
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/8/27 22:16
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 344
Offline

Posted on: 2013/4/28 2:47
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/3/30 18:25
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 182
Offline
Huh, I always thought Craig and 'Killer' were twin brothers.

What is is with that place and these old guys? Do they figure none of the "Downtown Yuppies" as Jerry calls them will have a clue who they are or what they're up to?

Tom D. and Bill G. were in for lunch (liquid?) Friday around 1:30. Oh to be a fly on that wall.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 22:18
 Top 


Re: Healy on campaigns: 'they're all ugly'
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/1/15 19:31
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 154
Offline
Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
You people don't know what you're talking about. At last night's debate, even though the Ward F audience and the NAACP moderators were hostile to him, the Mayor was strong and forceful and did a great job. He called your Full-op-It out on his dirty lies.

Unlike Councilboy Stevie, MAYOR Healy has a record to run on. He's done a great job in difficult times. He's added police and kept the streets safe. He's held property taxes down. He's overseen great economic development not just downtown but everywhere. And when Sandy hit, who was it that was actually making the city work, protecting lives and property? Not Stevie boy, but MAYOR Healy. And unlike Stevie, He's got a wife and kids and grandkids WHO LIVE IN JERSEY CITY!

Here's how this election is going down. All you do-gooders and dreamers downtown don't know how to run a campaign. You talk youself to death about how terrible our MAYOR is, and still nobody downtown will bother to vote.

MAYOR Healy has built up a lifetime of credibility with the REAL voters of Jersey City. They've got lives and don't bother with all this crap, but they will show up to vote, and send Stevie boy and all you wannabees back home to whereever it is you came from.



I heard a pack of Healy supporters shouting "Stevie-boy!" at the first debate. Perhaps there are places in Jersey City where speaking that way might be effective. This is not one of them. If your posts have been deleted it's not because the webmaster disagrees with you. It's because you sound like a grade school bully and we don't tolerate childish behavior.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 19:58
 Top 




(1) 2 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017