Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown hit and run on 2nd st. Please help
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
JC has a horrible driving culture... No doubts about that, however you seem to be seriously misinformed.

At a no signal/control device but marked crosswalk, pedestrians have right-of-way, though there are many that are not respected by JC drivers.

At a controlled intersections pedestrians do not have right of way against a light. If pedestrians have green and turning vehicle has green, turning vehicle has to yield. If pedestrian does NOT have green, pedestrian does not have right of way. And I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to get into screaming f*** you matches with other traffic players, especially as a pedestrian.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
I walk around DTJC a lot. I have noticed a huge uptick in absolutely moronic/unsafe driving lately. It comes as no surprise that something like this happened, hopefully the victim will be okay.

The NJ driving test should consist of two questions - do pedestrians or cars have the right of way and what is the proper procedure for a right turn on red.

I call driver's out on the pedestrian right of way - I usually am told "I had the light" and when I correct them that pedestrians have the right of way it's usually followed by an intelligent F%$# You!

The right on red issue is just as bad. The drivers have no problem blowing through red lights when pedestrians are present and properly crossing the streets. I witnessed two near misses this week in DTJC.

Fulop if you win, I hope you put pedestrian safety at the top of your list. Union City at least tries, they have pedestrian signs at the crosswalks throughout the city. Such a no brainer yet JC seems to have trouble with the most basic elements of urban planning...

Posted on: 2013/5/3 13:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/3 0:54
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, I sent the poster a private message- I was the witness who called 911 and was with the victim when paramedics came. It was a very bad accident- he was walking and was hit by the speeding jeep. I also got a good look at the driver. 2nd St btw Monmouth/Brunswick. The police alert has all the details I was able to provide. Vehicle was a newer model, probably 2005-10, NJ plates

Posted on: 2013/4/30 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
You might provide a little more info. Was it car on car or car on cyclist/pedestrian? Which intersection?

Posted on: 2013/4/30 21:54

Downtown hit and run on 2nd st. Please help

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/6 18:48
Group:
Registered Users
On April 27th at 3:37 AM my close friend and roommate was involved in a hit and run. He was badly injured and is still in the hospital. If anyone has any information, please help.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 15:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017