Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: PolitickerNJ: How will Fulop perform on his home turf?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trucker wrote:
Fulop's supporters would also do better if they cut back on the demagogue sentiment. They remind me of the blind Obama'08 supporters. Fulop is just a guy. A politician. If he is elected, he won't fix the city. He's just a better choice than the others and probably will make some improvements. The downtown hysteria surrounding fulop is a little off putting for rational people such as myself.

This. It will be nice to throw a corrupt guy out of office and perhaps we'll stop giving away some of the most valuable real estate in the country, but otherwise it will be improvements around the edges.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Yes we can! :D

Posted on: 2013/4/30 13:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/6 0:32
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop's supporters would also do better if they cut back on the demagogue sentiment. They remind me of the blind Obama'08 supporters. Fulop is just a guy. A politician. If he is elected, he won't fix the city. He's just a better choice than the others and probably will make some improvements. The downtown hysteria surrounding fulop is a little off putting for rational people such as myself.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
The fact that he is on the city payroll and using his time to comment about how bad Fulop is, makes me want to vote for Fulop even more.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 3:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
The same Bill Mastikoudis who the city pays to work of behalf of the citizens but finds time to manager Healy's campaign? Wow what a real bottom feeder, that's pathetic but typical of Healy and his associates!!! You guys are so gone, pack your bags, don't steal anything on your way out scumbags.

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/view/fu ... nstance=home_Most_popular

Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Guys, WeBelongHere is Bill Mastikoudis, the city's council. Gross that someone WE PAY speaks to us like this and talks like an uneducated thug, right? How he got through law school we'll never know.

Ignore him.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users

In the first few weeks after Mayor Fulop is sworn in, the council should amend the city charter and ditch the ridiculous timing of our mayoral election.

It is an age-old practice to keep machine politicians in power. City workers have the day off and are usually organized enough to get out the "patronage" vote.

Likewise, all elections except for primaries and ballot initiatives obviously, should be in November. We may even save money after the change. BTW, I am not an interloper.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Attention all of you Ward E interlopers. The ball is in your court. It will probably be a close election between Healy and Fulop with Walker in the mix (ok and Malik too) Ward E is going to be critical for a Fulop win.

...If the same fools..err I mean FOOL gets voted in this time it will be on you if you don?t vote. If you don?t get yourself and your neighbors out to vote on May 14th then you ..err WE all lose again for another long 4 years. A whole new generation of Healy?s will be getting city jobs.

+1. Very well said, neverleft. We absolutely must vote Healy out and Fulop in. The Healy cronyism, shady deals, double-dipping, nepotism, and feather-nesting must come to an end. Property taxes are out of control, and it's because we have to pay for all of that.

Be sure to get out and vote on May 14. If you think you'll have trouble getting to your polling place, get yourself a mail-in ballot application and be sure to send it in this week.

Fulop 2013!

Posted on: 2013/4/29 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Get your act together Ward E , vote and volunteer for Fulop. I don?t think Healy has as much street money this time around to buy votes?err I mean pay election day campaign workers. . (and we all know why lol) But I am sure he will find some .

Hey Dan L. will the ?One Jersey City? break dancers be high stepping it for Healy this time around?

From the JJ DATE: May 12, 2009 :

The Healy Team plans to deploy about 1,000 paid and volunteer campaign workers to hand out literature and observe at the polls.

The campaign has also held "a number" of parties for senior citizens, and the mayor campaigned twice yesterday with Newark Mayor Cory Booker, according to deputy campaign manager Craig Guy.

Levin said he'll have 60 to 80 volunteers knocking on doors today. And he's adding a new wrinkle to get-out-the-vote operations.

Tonight from 6 to 8, the "One Jersey City" break dancers will perform at the Grove Street PATH station. "The whole approach of the campaign is keeping things creative, keeping things fun," he said.

Voters will also elect council members for four-year terms.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Trucker - More reason to tell your friends about Steven and his crystal clear plans for a better Jersey City!

You are indeed correct when you say Healy will steal the election. It's actually a good choice of words considering the brash nepotism, favoritism and cronyism that Jerry's administration slings around like a bulldogs saliva....Fulop is up against a well greased machine that is morally corrupt and out of touch with the well-informed voters of JC. The ones who do know the score need to educate the ones who don't. Period!

Voters!!! These are not the types of folks we want representing our city and the more people you tell this too the better Fulop's chances are. After all, "Corruption is nature's way of restoring our faith in democracy." - Peter Ustinov

If you haven't helped Fulop's cause yet, it's easy to do!

https://stevenfulop.com/cart

Posted on: 2013/4/29 20:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/6 0:32
Group:
Registered Users
I am a Fulop supporter and voter. But I don't think he will win. I believe Healy will steal it unfortunately.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I wasn't responding as much as I was making a general comment on the level of discourse some people seem to favor. That word is a favorite of Trump's too, I've noticed.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Attention all of you Ward E interlopers. The ball is in your court. It will probably be a close election between Healy and Fulop with Walker in the mix (ok and Malik too) Ward E is going to be critical for a Fulop win.

When I first found JCList Downtown (happy the name was changed to just JCList) I would lurk and read all of the posts where you said the JC old-timers just don?t care about JC and that they vote the same fools in over and over again. If the same fools..err I mean FOOL gets voted in this time it will be on you if you don?t vote. If you don?t get yourself and your neighbors out to vote on May 14th then you ..err WE all lose again for another long 4 years. A whole new generation of Healy?s will be getting city jobs.

I remember the below piece from February. It is encouraging. Also encouraging are all of the Fulop signs all over JC in every ward. I think I posted this before but Country Village (CV) was always a machine (as in Healy) strong hold. I cannot believe the number of Fulop signs around CV. I also have a lot of JC born and raised friends all over the city (yes there are a lot of us who didn?t run to the burbs in the 70?s) and we are all voting for Fulop. ( I am working on converting the ones who are not?I still have about two weeks left) Fulop is the only hope for JC moving forward. We all love his fresh idea?s and energy. (ok at our ages any movement is considered having energy)

Jersey City election 2013: Fulop slate drops off more than 10K signatures

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on February 05, 2013 at 4:34 PM

The manager of Jersey City mayoral hopeful Steve Fulop?s mayoral campaign today delivered petitions with more than 10,700 signatures to the City Clerk, hoping to become the first slate to have all its candidates certified in advance of May?s city election, Fulop?s campaign announced today.

Fulop, the Ward E City Councilman, is facing Mayor Jerramiah Healy and former high school and college basketball star Jerry Walker in the May 14 city race, which finds the mayoralty and all nine council seats up for grabs.

The Fulop campaign?s team of more than 500 volunteers has spent the last two weeks going door-to-door throughout the city seeking the necessary signatures, campaign manager John Thieroff said in a statement.

Mayoral and at-large council candidates in Jersey City have to submit signatures from more than 1,300 registered voters to the clerk to have their candidacies certified. Ward council candidates have to submit anywhere from 195 to 261 signatures, depending on the size of the ward.

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_election_2013_fulo.html

PS ? don?t hate me but I and many of my Journal Square buddies did in fact vote for the FOOL in 2009. We were tricked by the ?$500 million Journal Square Towers? announcement. He got our vote all we got was the still empty lot. The lot that is the scab of Journal Square. NEVER AGAIN!

Vote Fulop 2013!

Posted on: 2013/4/29 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Agree, it does seem the OP is a Healy Hack who is fearing for loss of his own job. All 5 of his posts are political in nature. I don't like his name calling and apologize if i've stooped to his level by calling him a Hack. It's better than loser, i suppose.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Amy,

Don't respond to the troll WeBelongHere. This person is simply a Healy aid who's job is on the line. Nothing more - you can move on now.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Calling your fellow city residents "losers" is not an effective way to get out the vote in your favor.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
?There are people in the Newport section who get on the train each morning and go to Wall Street to work and they think their mayor is Bloomberg,? a source told Politicker.com. ?If you took them out of one of their sheer towers, blindfolded them and dropped them off a handful of blocks from their home, they would have no idea where they are.?

Steve Fulop and the Ward E question

Yes, of course Steve Fulop needs a good Ward E turnout. But this comment in the NJ Politicker is just stupid. (And attributed to "a source" -- anonymous because it is likely a Healy supporter.)

I do not believe that anybody who lives in Newport thinks that they are part of New York, or that Bloomberg is their mayor. Everyone who travels into New York, whether by PATH or by bus or by ferry or by car, is painfully aware of the time delay and expense of crossing the Hudson River.

This anonymous source quotation is downright insulting to the intelligence of the people who live here.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jerry Healy's greatest fear is the educated voter or as he calls them, "Interlopers." Let's show him and his cronies that they can't rely on another rubber-stamp vote where nepotism and greed is their only ally.

Make no mistake voters, for decades this city has been using back-door deals, nepotism and double-dipping relatives to fuel re-election votes. It's essentially the only avenue Jerry has to get re-elected and while these are nifty tricks to help bring people to the pols, albeit for the wrong reasons, there is a new and informed Jersey City voter who sees through it.

All the corruption that Jersey City recently went through under Jerry's watch, more and more new renters and home owners who care about the schools they are sending their children too and the horrible crime stats alone should snuff out the old way of playing Jersey City politics.

Much to Healy's chagrin, Jersey City is getting smarter and the smart vote is for Steven Fulop.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's clear that you're trolling, but I have to say that the notion that all Downtowners are completely tuned out, and don't care, is quite outdated. People are setting their roots in DTJC and people here really care about the community.

Quote:

WeBelongHere wrote:
How will Fulop perform on his home turf?

He will suck. All the newbies will prove again that they don't care enough about Jersey City to do anything. Just as well, too. They're clueless. They see a young "reformer" and think "he's a clone of me so he must be good."

Instead all these years Mayor Healy has been the one making the city run.

I'd wish all you Full-op-It losers good luck except that would be a disaster for Jersey City and you're going down anyway.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Guys, WeBelongHere is Bill Mastikoudis, the city's council. Gross that someone WE PAY speaks to us like this and talks like an uneducated thug, right? How he got through law school we'll never know.

Ignore him.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
yes, spread the fear that no matter what anyone says/does it's futile to visualize a future JC without Healy.

Funny thing is a lot of Healy's bread and butter voters are coming around and seeing him for the buffoon that he is...

Posted on: 2013/4/29 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
?There are people in the Newport section who get on the train each morning and go to Wall Street to work and they think their mayor is Bloomberg,? a source told Politicker.com. ?If you took them out of one of their sheer towers, blindfolded them and dropped them off a handful of blocks from their home, they would have no idea where they are.?

City hall in Nyc always have to turn away people with J.C. documents and tell them they are out of state even after they say they are from the borough of Newport.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 16:40
Get on your bikes and ride !

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/12 3:55
Group:
Registered Users
How will Fulop perform on his home turf?

He will suck. All the newbies will prove again that they don't care enough about Jersey City to do anything. Just as well, too. They're clueless. They see a young "reformer" and think "he's a clone of me so he must be good."

Instead all these years Mayor Healy has been the one making the city run.

I'd wish all you Full-op-It losers good luck except that would be a disaster for Jersey City and you're going down anyway.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 16:27

PolitickerNJ: How will Fulop perform on his home turf?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned

Steve Fulop and the Ward E question

Posted on: 2013/4/29 15:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017