Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City election 2013: Ward B candidate debate in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
This debate is also posted on njonline. I read two comments from people I do not know. They said Esther Wintner won the debate.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... il_hope.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/4/20 17:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/11 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
I would urge every Ward B resident to actually watch the video and make up their own minds. In fact i would urge every Fulop and Healy supporter to watch the video.

Posted on: 2013/4/20 14:08

Ward B Debate - Video
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
This video is 1hr and 14 minutes. Full debate.
Decide for yourself who won.

https://vimeo.com/64417076

Posted on: 2013/4/19 23:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 23:51
From The West Side!
Group:
Registered Users
A good performance from three good citizens, which bodes well for Ward B.

I'm convinced that, overall, Chico Ramchal brings the most to the job of Councilman. He's by far the most visible and best-known of the three on the whole west side. He's the most experienced in government, from his ten-year apprenticeship with Bill O'Dea, and also through his work as an aide to Councilman David Donnelly. This means he's already familiar with the mechanics of how the Council works, and has less of a learning curve. His endorsement of Steve Fulop for Mayor also shows his focus on the need for our city government to change, to be more responsive to the needs of all our residents, especially those in Chico's Ward B.

Chico has committed to open a legislative office in the ward, something we have not seen in quite a while. When you put this together with his personal track record of helping people get things done (emergency food during Sandy, getting CCTV cameras working on West Side Ave, and hundreds of constituent issues over the years), this makes him the best bet to be a Councilman who is responsive to the needs of the whole west side.

Meyers' no-show status - not even bothering to reply to the organizers - continues Team Healy's record of disrespect for the people they allegedly represent.

Thanks to Yvonne Balcer, Michael Shurin, and Ricardo Kaulessar for organizing and conducting this forum to help inform the people of Jersey City's west side - or as Chico loves to say, "the best side."

Posted on: 2013/4/19 12:58

Jersey City election 2013: Ward B candidate debate in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City election 2013: Ward B candidates meet for friendly debate

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
April 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Three out of the four Jersey City residents running to represent Ward B on the City Council met at St. Aloysius Elementary Academy tonight for a genial debate that lacked the fireworks of the campaign?s mayoral debates.

The three candidates mostly agreed on everything, from the need for more of a police presence in Ward B to the benefits of a consolidation of city agencies to a desire for a municipal garage for residents who can?t find parking on city streets.

Gerald Meyers, the candidate backed by Mayor Jerramiah Healy, was absent, leaving the three candidates to spend much of the 75-minute debate saying the city needs to be run better.

?I?m tired of watching our part of the city deteriorate,? said Esther Wintner, a local activist making a second bid for a council seat.

Wintner was joined by Chris Gadsden, a Lincoln High School vice principal who is running on a ticket headed by mayoral hopeful Jerry Walker, and Khemraj ?Chico? Ramchal, who is running on Councilman Steve Fulop?s slate.

The four candidates are competing to succeed Ward B Councilman David Donnelly, who earlier this year opted out of running for re-election.

Ramchal, Donnelly?s aide, said tonight that he?s ?dedicated my life to Ward B? for a decade. Also an unpaid aide for Freeholder Bill O?Dea, Ramchal said he wants to make ?the west ward the best ward.?

Ramchal goofed a bit when discussing a proposed merger of the Jersey City Incinerator Authority and the city Department of Public Works. Initially, Ramchal said he favored the move, which is also endorsed by Fulop. But discussing it a second time, Ramchal said ?no, we should not.?

After the debate, Ramchal told The Jersey Journal that a JCIA/DPW merge is indeed a priority of his.

Gadsden noted to the crowd of about 30 that he and his opponents are all ?new.?

?Ward B can be put back to its prominence,? he said. ?I believe I am a viable option.?

The election is Tuesday, May 14. The mayoralty and all nine council seats are up for grabs.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _ward_1.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/4/19 9:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017