Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Re: Hamilton Park dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately, there are always going to be a few bad apples. These people could move out and a few more would move in.

The only thing they would respond to is $$. If the cops don't fine them they will keep doing it no matter what their neighbors say to them. same goes with people running thru stop signs and parking where they shouldn't.

You gave them a chance. Next time call the cops.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This photo does show the dogs and owners on a Pet Allowed Lawn but it's still wrong for the pooches to be off leash. I will let the owners know they were photographed and on jclist.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Not a "pet free" zone.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 23:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
And they're in the pet-free zone. How delightful.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Look how happy they are to be thumbing their nose at the law and their neighbors!

Posted on: 2013/5/6 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Not since the Zapruder film have I been so shocked.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 20:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/7 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
These people in the posted image do this routinely. They think that because they do it relatively early they are exempt from the rules. They in essence are giving their neighbors -- dog-owners included -- a big, metaphoric middle-finger. They are a$$holes, just like countless others with their playground/basketball trash, strewn cigarette butts, and discarded chicken wings.

Keep the pics coming.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

arcy wrote:
Here are photos I took at 8:55 this morning. I have spoken to one of these dog owners several times. She ignores my pleas. There is a dog run. People should use the dog run and NOT the park.
you may want to call animal control and inform when they are normally in the park ... (201) 547-4888 ... alternatively, you could also call the jcpd non emergency number, (201) 547-5477

Posted on: 2013/5/6 17:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Here are photos I took at 8:55 this morning. I have spoken to one of these dog owners several times. She ignores my pleas. There is a dog run. People should use the dog run and NOT the park.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/6 15:06

Edited by Webmaster on 2013/5/7 4:27:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
always a good read! love when this comes back to the top of the board.

But anyway, its a public space that has amenities that seem to attract people from all over - if you live near here have to deal with the mix of people that come in and out of it. see some litter, do the service and pick it up! volunteer to do things in the park or if these "DAMN DOGS" are such a big deal organize a group and create awareness, have doggie bags in hand and pass them around, or give the dogs a treat and say something that bothers you about them being in pet free zones.

posting here the pics of "offenders" is pointless. though funny and would for entertainment not mind these posts continuing.

I dont hear much about the litter at the bball or playgrounds as much. i guess kids will be kids! damn those dogs and pooping though.

PS if you sit on the lawn anywhere something has peed and/or pooed there.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 17:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/14 20:45
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Luna for your point! I know It's easy to get comfused for sure! It was definitely a pet free zone and poop was picked.
I don't want to point fingers and it's definitely not moms vs dog owners or diapers vs poops, it's about our community and we can make it stronger and we can make Hamilton Park a better place I believe.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
I think part of the problem may still be that some folks are still confused about which lawns are pet free and which allow pets.

I am constantly giving friendly heads up tips to people picnicking with or without little kids to consider moving their blanket, kids and food to one of the pet free zones. They are always so grateful and were honestly unaware they were dining on the lawns were dogs pee and poop. I am by no means offering an excuse for the woman who left the poop, that's ridiculous and inexcusable, no matter what lawn she was on. I don't blame you for being upset, I would be too. I am still yelled at by people who think I am walking the dogs in my care on a pet free lawn, because they are confused by the signs. So just to be clear. If you are entering the park from Jersey Ave: the lawns to your immediate left and right (literally on 8th Street) are pet zones. The other lawns are not.

I agree but, of course, the most recent complainer left it ambiguous as to whether the poop was actually left behind.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
I think part of the problem may still be that some folks are still confused about which lawns are pet free and which allow pets.

I am constantly giving friendly heads up tips to people picnicking with or without little kids to consider moving their blanket, kids and food to one of the pet free zones. They are always so grateful and were honestly unaware they were dining on the lawns were dogs pee and poop. I am by no means offering an excuse for the woman who left the poop, that's ridiculous and inexcusable, no matter what lawn she was on. I don't blame you for being upset, I would be too. I am still yelled at by people who think I am walking the dogs in my care on a pet free lawn, because they are confused by the signs. So just to be clear. If you are entering the park from Jersey Ave: the lawns to your immediate left and right (literally on 8th Street) are pet zones. The other lawns are not.

Good point Luna. I'd also add that you don't need to to be confrontational about the situation. Simply ask the dog owner: "Could you move your dog to the pet-friendly side of the park? We're trying to steer clear of dogs/dog messes on this side". By all means call JCPD or Animal Control if you think the situation warrants it. Fulop's plan for better community policing and a 311 number may help with this kind of issue.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/4/9 12:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Next time you see someone with a dog in a pet free zone, have them arrested for "endangering the welfare of a child."

Posted on: 2013/4/9 10:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It's just that know one really cares about it anymore. It's a handful of people complaining about a handful of people. A couple of people don't pick up the poop? Well they're morons. Just like the littering BB players and the playground mommies who let their trash blow everywhere and leave discarded diapers. I see kids peeing everywhere in the summer and parents don't seem to care that their kid is gonna crawl through it eventually. It's just the same old crowd trying to stir up the shit again. The dogs, just like everything else, ain't going anywhere. Deal with it.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 5:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I prefer that we get more enforcement of the traffic laws around DTJC. Also litter laws too. The dogs are not really a problem till they get into the dog runs. That's where the dog fights occur. Most walkers use the entire park at night when no uptight parents or their children are present. What you don't know...

Good lord, we've been arguing this for more than a decade, and you still don't get it, and insist on your rights to the entire park for your dog.

THIS: People don't want to sit on grass where a dog crapped or pissed the night before, not just 5 minutes before.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 3:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I like the idea to be loud and follow the owner to her doorstep to get her attention but I was sure somehow that if there is a rule, there also should be a consequences for breaking that rule.
I will definitely make sure to take a picture next time and post it not only here but also in a Hamilton park area. And I know there are much more troubles in the area but let's not mix them together. And honestly I don't care much of what is going on there at the night time but I just don't want to be slapped in a face with ignorance during the day.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
But we DO know. That's what the complaints are.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I prefer that we get more enforcement of the traffic laws around DTJC. Also litter laws too. The dogs are not really a problem till they get into the dog runs. That's where the dog fights occur. Most walkers use the entire park at night when no uptight parents or their children are present. What you don't know...

Posted on: 2013/4/9 1:01

Re: Pet free zone violaters Hamilton Park. What can you do?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
You have to be loud enough and cause a scene so that other park goers will be brought to attention. If that doesn't work I would follow her and either throw the offending excrement directly at her face or put it in a bag, light it on fire and drop it on her front stoop. This should get her attention the way the unruly pooping next to your picnic got yours.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 22:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/7 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
I have a view of the park from my home where I have lived for almost 10 years. It is my unscientific observation that off-the-leash dog running is clearly on the rise. This and the related behavior of walking dogs in the pet-free areas is supremely frustrating, especially for those who follow the rules but get no benefit for doing so. It is also unfortunate that those who prefer not to encounter dogs or their leavings in the restricted spaces feel intimidated by the response they get upon bringing this up to folks who exempt themselves from the rules.

Anyone wishing to attract greater official enforcement might might consider making a compilation of video documenting this behavior. Just look at the pressure that kind of video has put on the brass at Rutgers with regard to Coach Mike Rice's behavior. Set up an e-mail address, solicit video from concerned park users (I would contribute), post it up, and disseminate to those responsible for enforcement. (Bonus points for footage showing dog owners struggling haplessly to separate off-leash dogs from each other when the inevitable fight breaks out). By documenting and putting the officials on notice of the problem it might trigger their lawsuit- avoidance/mitigation/CYA instincts and cause some enforcement to take place.

Otherwise, it would seem that dog owners who abide by the rules (who I am sure are the overwhelming majority) could play an outsized role in educating other dog owners about the restrictions and showing respect for others who do not share their love of dogs (which, IMHO, are the best animals that exist). Given that so many bigger problems exist, informal community "enforcement" on this probably makes the most sense.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I like the idea and think we should also consider posting pictures people who we think are doing a crappy job of parenting children as well...

Posted on: 2013/4/8 20:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Take a picture of anyone walking their dog(s) off leash or on pet-free zone and post it right here. Apparently, we can't cover them in tar and feathers so being shamed on JCList would be my second suggestion.

Not sure why these assholes feel like they own the park as I usually get the f**k-off answer when confronted with their ignorance of the law (off leash) or park rules (keep off pet-free zone).

See my example in the thread below:
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... ywords=hamilton+park+dogs

Posted on: 2013/4/8 20:10

Pet free zone violaters Hamilton Park. What can you do?

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi!
The weather is getting nicer and nicer so we went for a picnic with kids in Hamilton park. We left our chiwawa at home so we can keep a pet free zone nice and green. Not long after we stared to enjoy our little snacks a woman with two dogs walked by and one of her dogs made a massive poop not far from our picnic in a pet free zone. Ive tried to talked to her but she only ignored me. So I wonder what can you do with those people?

Posted on: 2013/4/8 18:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone here help identify this gentleman? His dog ran up to me without a leash (corner of 8th and W. Hamilton), he apologized and I politely reminded that his dog should be on a leash in public places (90-16 off leash in a public place). Being a reasonable adult, he called me a douche bag, asshole and told me to mind my own f'ing business. We exchanged some more f words and he dared me to call the cops on him but instead, I took some pictures which did not please him.

Offender was a tall & scrawny looking with a golden retriever. PM if you can assist as I do want to report him to the Division of Animal Control with proof of him walking his dog without a leash. Any help is appreciated.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/3/6 23:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
What's the latest on these dogs?

Posted on: 2013/2/28 5:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
why does ripple's comment say i wrote that comment about insurance companies? i didn't say the insurance companies comment. thanks.

Quote:

ripple wrote:
Not to derail the thread, but this makes no sense. There's way too much hit-and-run around here for this ever to work. I would *love* to see more pedestrian crosswalk stings by the JCPD. Drivers (and people in general in jersey city) need to learn the hard way that rules have to be followed even if they're inconvenient, especially if you're in charge of an inherently unpredictable beast or a 2000 lb go machine.

Quote:

arcy wrote:
. As far as enforcing crosswalks let the insurance companies handle it this way the point will get across.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 4:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Not to derail the thread, but this makes no sense. There's way too much hit-and-run around here for this ever to work. I would *love* to see more pedestrian crosswalk stings by the JCPD. Drivers (and people in general in jersey city) need to learn the hard way that rules have to be followed even if they're inconvenient, especially if you're in charge of an inherently unpredictable beast or a 2000 lb go machine.

Quote:

arcy wrote:
. As far as enforcing crosswalks let the insurance companies handle it this way the point will get across.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
and the law says that they should be leashed.
I for one am planning to get a pet alligator so hopefully if it eats one of those silly, stupid dogs, we can attribute it to Nature.

Are you hoping for the alligator to eat the dog or are you hoping everyone attributes it to nature ?

Posted on: 2013/2/27 2:24
Get on your bikes and ride !

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017