Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

WWE fans converge on Jersey City hotel for chance to meet their heroes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/w ... 13/04/12529581-mmmain.jpg

Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal

A few dozen fans from as far as Australia camped out this morning at a Downtown Jersey City hotel to catch a glimpse and, if they were lucky, a few moments of face time with the wrestling heroes.

Brian Laframboise, 42, of Ontario, Canada, was among the small but passionate crowd of devoted fans outside the Westin this morning. Laframboise was hoping to see his favorite wrestler, Mark "The Undertaker" Calaway, who will be competing in Sunday?s sold-out Wrestlemania 29 ? the Super Bowl of wrestling ? at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford.

Laframboise has been to eight Wrestlemania events, and is looking forward to sharing the experience with his twin sons, 14.

"My sons were so excited to come this year to see The Undertaker, so I promised that if their grades stayed up, they could come with me," Laframboise said.

Union City?s own April Jeanette Mendez ? AJ Lee to wrestling fans ? is a WWE "diva" and is expected to perform Sunday as well. The diminutive Mendez, who graduated from Memorial High in West New York in 2005, was spotted yesterday at the hotel posing for photos with fans.

Dennis Mogro, 30, of Newark, was excited after having picture taken with one his favorites, Kane, who wasn?t wearing his trademark red and black mask. Ezekiel Jackson also posed for photos with fans.

The Wrestlemania card will be capped by a rematch between reigning champ Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and John Cena.

Fan Jacob Kosarew, 19, traveled all the way from his home in Sydney, Australia to see the theatrics of Johnson and Cena in the ring.

"I?ve been a fan since I was like 5, and last year when I turned 18 I came for the first time to America just to see The Rock throw down," Kosarew said of Wrestlemania 28 in Miami. "This year should be even better."

Fans oohed and aahed whenever one of the wrestlers 60 wrestlers staying at the Westin popped out the door on the way to a waiting car.

Among the performers spotted this morning was WWE world heavyweight champion Alberto Del Rio, Brie and Nikki Bella, otherwise known as the "Bella Twins," Daniel Bryan, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Zack Ryder, Ted "The Million Dollar Man" Dibiase Sr., Jackson, Big E. Langston and John Laurinaitis. 

Posted on: 2013/4/5 19:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017