Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Steven Fulop for Mayor - MAY 14, 2013 JERSEY CITY ELECTION
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned
I will vote for Steve Fulop because he is a man of action. It is a rare quality to find in politics these days. Steve is smart, motiviated and actually gets things done rather than just talking and dreaming about getting things done.

I was amazed when I first emails Fulop and received an answer within an hour. His staff contacted the appropriate agency and helped us resolve our issue within a week.

Posted on: 2013/3/27 0:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Top Ten Reasons to Vote for Steve Fulop for Mayor

10. Will replace all city cars with Segways

Resized Image

9. Inauguration will be moved from City Hall to Zeppelin Hall

Resized Image

8. Making Jersey City safe for newcomers and interlopers

Resized Image

7. Will replace corny Easter Egg hunts with thrilling pearl diving off the Hudson piers

Resized Image

6. Watching Councilwoman Candice Osborne cast her first vote against Mayor Fulop

Resized Image

5. Two words for next St. Patrick's Day parade: Harley Davidson

Resized Image

4. Steadfast advocate for the hair gel community

Resized Image

3. Prevent four more years of mailings

Resized Image

2. Not Jerramiah Healy

Resized Image

And the number one reason to vote for Steve Fulop for Mayor..

1. Competent, honest, responsive government for a world-class city

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/3/26 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
And that Reggay is why Steve Fulop will win.

Years ago, a resident from another ward asked me what is it like to have Steve for my councilman? And I replied, "Well he answers my calls and emails within 24 hours." The person said, "Good enough for me, he's got my vote!"

Quote:

Reggay wrote:
I am a Ward D resident. I was having a problem in my neighborhood and was getting no response from the City and my councilman, Bill Gaughan was no help. I knew Steven Fulop had a strong record of tackling quality of life issues, so I copied him on my correspondence with the town despite the fact that as the Ward E councilman, he had no obligation to help me.

2 days later, I received a call from one of his aides who was putting pressure on the proper city departments to get my situation resolved. Now, the wheels are in motion and I have been assured by multiple city departments that my situation will be resolved.

I will be voting for Mr. Fulop for Mayor as he is willing to go the extra mile when his colleagues take the path of least resistance.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
In all honesty, anybody who is informed of both candidates' stances and plans (or lack thereof), and still votes for Healy is either a friend/relative of Healy or is not intelligent.

Every citizen of Jersey City in every single ward will benefit greatly from having Fulop as mayor. Not only does he have fantastic ideas, but he has the energy to make change happen.

The problem is, the vast majority of Jersey City doesn't care, and will either not vote at all or vote for Healy because things as they are seem to be "good enough".

If you have long-term interest in the prosperity of Jersey City, please vote for Steve Fulop. The guy really cares, and as another poster said, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we truly are lucky to have such a public servant.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... lection_2013_fulo_11.html

Jersey City election 2013: Fulop wins backing of healthcare union

The state?s largest healthcare union has endorsed Jersey City mayoral candidate Steve Fulop.

Ann Twomey, president of the Health Professionals and Allied Employees, says in a statement from the Fulop campaign that the city needs elected officials like Fulop, who represents Ward E on the City Council.

?Steven Fulop has proven himself an effective advocate for the Jersey City community in protecting access to health care and deserves the support of nurses, healthcare workers and patients,? Twomey says in the statement.

HPAE represents 12,000 nurses and health professionals statewide, including employees at Christ Hospital on Palisade Avenue.

Fulop is challenging incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy in the May 14 race, when the mayoralty and all nine council seats are up for grabs. Healy?s other challengers are Abdul Malik and Jerry Walker.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 15:56
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/12 16:50
Group:
Registered Users
I am a Ward D resident. I was having a problem in my neighborhood and was getting no response from the City and my councilman, Bill Gaughan was no help. I knew Steven Fulop had a strong record of tackling quality of life issues, so I copied him on my correspondence with the town despite the fact that as the Ward E councilman, he had no obligation to help me.

2 days later, I received a call from one of his aides who was putting pressure on the proper city departments to get my situation resolved. Now, the wheels are in motion and I have been assured by multiple city departments that my situation will be resolved.

I will be voting for Mr. Fulop for Mayor as he is willing to go the extra mile when his colleagues take the path of least resistance.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
I have lived in Jersey City all my life and have a similar path as Steve. Humble background, went to public JC schools, Mcnair Academic, college graduation, work in the city and bought my first property in my neighbhorhood. I was unaware of how corrupt JC was until I started trying to help better my neighborhood and had road blocks put up by people who I thought had the interests of not only Ward F but of the entire city. Steve seems to have common sense and he is approachable. From the beginning he has access to emails, and text messaging something the rest of the council didn't have. The fact that JC is going to have a better communication system using technology and social media should convince people. Can you really rely on the currect Mayor's action bureau? For those people in my Ward, please look around the popular drug points and crime. Is it any better than ten years ago? Has real estate value gotten better or worst? Do we have a great bus and transportation system that takes us to work? We can't blame Steve for those things because he isn't mayor YET. It's time for Ward Aand Ward f to wake up and realize that we need dramatic changes if we want to overhaul our area. The people who back Steve here are not newcomers we are the ones that have been here all the time but for the first time see a slight potential for positive change. We don't need city jobs we want better quality of life!!

Posted on: 2013/3/25 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City is famously corrupt, and has been for many decades. Much of that is due to the local political machine, the HCDO. The voters of Jersey City now have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to say no to cronyism and patronage in Jersey City.

A vote for Fulop, though, isn't just a vote against the machine. Fulop has terrific ideas, is stridently honest, and is smart enough to know how to grow JC, while making sure no neighborhoods or disadvantaged residents get left behind.

I know Fulop slightly and have always found him personable and highly responsive. He's everything I could want in a mayor, and I look forward to voting for him on May 14th.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Democrat Steven Fulop has fought tirelessly for reform in Jersey City government, at first as a lonely voice on the City Council, but with persistence and hard work, now as the leader of a coalition that has reformed the Board of Education and has the majority of the City Council. This election is an opportunity to finally end the crony system of government and bring professionalism, integrity and discipline to our city's leadership.

I have wondered how a person could have the fortitude to take on the notorious Hudson County political machine, making slow and steady progress over many years. Why take on such a burden? How can he tolerate the frustration and set-backs?

The answer is character.

Steve was a Wall St. trader when the World Trade Center was attacked. Many professionals talked tough in those days. Steve quit to join the marines. He went to Iraq. That shows courage and a rare dedication to service.

Steve is a triathlete. That is impressive enough, but he has endured the ultimate test in that sport, the Ironman Triathlon--a all-day race that consists of a 2.4 mile swim followed immediately by a 115 mile bicycle race followed immediately by a full marathon--a 26.2 mile run. No stops. That shows a determination and fortitude most of us can't even imagine.

There are a lot of plans being put forth in this campaign. Steve has published his and they are impressive. The Mayor promises that he will get around to accomplishing many of the same things in his third term. Ultimately it may seem that it doesn't much matter who wins. But that is not true.

Remember character. Our current mayor seeks re-election despite the fact that many of his close political associates were arrested for corruption in fundraising for his last campaign. Some of them are still in prison. Healy barely managed to avoid indictment himself.

I'm sure Jerry Healy is a great guy to have a many beers with at Healy's Tavern. He seems like a nice guy. He had the good instincts to serve as Obama's state campaign chairman in 2008. He's bought back some guns. But people in Jersey City can look around them and see that many of our day-to-day problems have not been addressed in the past decade that he has been our mayor.

It's clearly time for fresh ideas, fresh energy and new leadership. We are fortunate to have an outstanding public servant to take us forward. We are fortunate to have Steven Fulop.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Steve Fulop is the clear choice for mayor on May14th.

We, Jersey City voters, have a chance to make a change for the positive by supporting him and voting for him.

There are only 52 days left until election. If you have any spare time I urge you to get involved -- speak to your neighbors, put a sign up in your front window, and of course, make sure your are registered to vote.

If you want to know more about where Steve stands on the issues, you can visit his web site:

http://stevenfulop.com/platform

Posted on: 2013/3/23 23:56
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Steven Fulop for Mayor - MAY 14, 2013 JERSEY CITY ELECTION
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
You may reply to this topic if you:
1. Have at least 50 prior posts
2. Post information that supports this candidate

This topic is intended to make it easier for undecided voters to make a decision as to why they should vote for this candidate. Less than supportive items may be posted elsewhere on this site.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 17:45

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017