Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Powder blue Toyota- man climbing on garages DT 4th St
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/28 10:17
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kellyh wrote:
...if you tried to stop me from shooting even in a "non-scenic area" you would have a lawsuit on your hands.

That lawsuit would be for your smashed camera if I catch you taking pictures of any of my properties.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 16:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
as a location scout, this is NOT the way to scout locations and/or get permissions.

as far as how to notify neighbors, dropping letters off to every address on company letterhead is the norm.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 15:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/25 1:25
Group:
Banned
You don't need permission to take photos of people's homes from public property. Obviously trespassing is illegal, but if you tried to stop me from shooting even in a "non-scenic area" you would have a lawsuit on your hands.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
A very wrong thing to do but they may be self entitled Location Production Assistant's getting away with what they can to present to their boss location opportunities for film/tv. Just a guess but I've bumped in to that before when I lived in CT, the PA's were walking the backs of properties that they thought was "public" and next thing you know we have notices on our doors informing us on filming and how they applied for permit with the town etc., etc. They do first, ask questions later...

Posted on: 2013/3/25 12:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
For what it's worth, this person didn't commit any crime, and you're on a public forum acting like this is a witch hunt. You did the right thing by providing the police with their plate, but it's highly irresponsible and downright wrong for you to post it here.

How is walking on someone's roof not a crime? Its trespassing, people do not just walk on roof tops.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
For what it's worth, this person didn't commit any crime, and you're on a public forum acting like this is a witch hunt. You did the right thing by providing the police with their plate, but it's highly irresponsible and downright wrong for you to post it here.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 11:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/14 11:18
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Guy gave some BS about shooting in the area... my mistake to not let him talk more but after I told him he needs to get permission and he asked how he was going to contact everyone in the neighborhood I kind of lost it on him, because it was just too idiotic.
He and his lady friend sat in the car for a few so we had time to take down the plate.
For some reason I was hesitant to post it initially but if someone blatantly disrespects privacy that much, then they obviously don't believe in privacy.
L42 BMX. I didn't bother taking the state but I believe it was NJ because I would have noticed if it was out of state.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 10:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/16 13:56
From relocating w/i Jersey City ...
Group:
Registered Users
Please post plate (and state --- though assuming NJ) for all

Posted on: 2013/3/24 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
what was his explanation?

Posted on: 2013/3/24 22:14

Powder blue Toyota- man climbing on garages DT 4th St

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/14 11:18
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Hi all,

I'm on 4th b/w Jersey and Coles. sitting in my living room this morning and saw a tall white man in a red cap with a girl casually strolling on the roof of my garage. Shocked, and in our PJs, we did not run out the back screaming, cause they'd already gone past.
Later, we came across our neighbor outside who relayed a story of her elderly mom having seen someone in the front yard taking pictures the day before, who jumped over her fence into our yard and then left. She didn't have a description as the mother kept herself locked inside and by the time the call connected the guy was gone.

As we were speaking, the roof strollers walked on 4th Street and headed toward their car, which was parked next door to our home. We confronted them and the guy seemed surprised that strolling on garages and looking at people's homes was not a perfectly legal thing to do. Told him that if there was ANY burglary in the neighborhood, we now had their descriptions to report. So shocked, we didn't grill him more about WHY he was actually in such a non scenic area with his camera, and if his motives were bad, why he parked RIGHT THERE-- but as he did, we did take the plate before he drove away.
Police are being provided with the plate number but wanted to post in case anyone in the neighborhood wants to PM for it. Man was tall, slender and dark sandy short hair. Red cap, hipster looking except no beard. Girl was about 5'3" or so with brown hair.
If you think we should do more (thinking about leaving a note in all mailboxes on the block on my way out tomorrow with the plate no) please leave any constructive suggestions.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 20:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017