Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: NYTimes article "Moving deeper into Brooklyn for lower home prices" -- getting lots of JC comments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Quote:

This is actually why I specifically like JC and the kinds of people it attracts. It doesn't have to be Brooklyn to have it's own cool vibe going on. Moving to JC is probably a pragmatic decision for a lot of people which means these people are also mature enough, laid back enough, and unpretentious enough to move to the "wrong side of the Hudson".

I also think the fact that JC is a bit more affordable means that it's less vulnerable to the very upper middle class white person insanity that has become an issue in places like Park Slope. Here the SUV stroller set has to coexist with so many other demographics - it keeps the vibe varied. You also aren't going to see trust fund college kids "slumming it" in Jersey.

Basically I want JC to continue being perceived as "scary" or really hard to get to by the type of people who see NYC as a luxury playground/shopping mall, because it keeps it cheaper and interesting. People are talking about JC's lack of national reputation like that is a bad thing. Sleeper towns are usually the best balance of everything; once a place is having it's "moment" that's the death rattle.

I agree with you, on most of this. However, DT is getting way over-priced and some of the recent transplants are bringing their NYC MTA rudeness to their PATH train etiquette, which blows. I do recall a time when people actually waiting for those on the train to all exit before pushing their way in. And rents are getting out of control.

Agreed, IMO I don't think anywhere in JC is worth anything over 2k a month. Anything outside of NYC charging that much should be low in crime and clean.

And I'll go even further to say that a 2 bd. should not be more than $1500-$1700 anywhere in JC, unless its over 1300-1500 sq. ft. in in a luxury building.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 22:16

Re: NYTimes article "Moving deeper into Brooklyn for lower home prices" -- getting lots of JC comments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I agree live music would give us an edge, I think JSQ would be the best place for it, however it would have to be pretty amazing it only takes me 30 min to be on the LES where there are tons of live music venues. I would not hold my breath on this though, we are talking about the same town where neighborhoods don't even have descent supermarkets.... sigh

There is live music uptown in McGinley Square, good if you like jazz.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 20:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 18:00
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
[quote]
Basically I want JC to continue being perceived as "scary" or really hard to get to by the type of people who see NYC as a luxury playground/shopping mall, because it keeps it cheaper and interesting. People are talking about JC's lack of national reputation like that is a bad thing. Sleeper towns are usually the best balance of everything; once a place is having it's "moment" that's the death rattle.

Yes, yes, yes! My Park Slope born-and-bred "all Brooklyn" boyfriend recently moved in with me, to DTJC, relocating from a few years in Harlem -- he admits he never thought he'd live anywhere but in NYC itself, preferably BK (but of course, he now can't afford to live where he grew up) -- and much to his own surprise, he constantly marvels at how much he really likes JC -- the urban conveniences and melting pot atmosphere and easy commute, coupled with the quieter/more chill vibe of his new home. I keep admonishing him NOT to let his friends in BK and Harlem in on the secret. I say let everyone over there keep thinking JC is lame and inconvenient.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Their property taxes are less but they pay NYC income tax.

This can't be repeated again and again without also stating that equivalent space in an equivalently gentrified area will be at least half again as much! Average price for Downtown Jersey City was $439, vs Park Slope $732 (Zillow). The extra $240k borrowed (ignoring you'll need another $60k down) will cost you ~$1000/mo, way more than the difference in taxes.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I think people know about Brooklyn for the same reason they know about Los Angeles and Chicago and Philadelphia. If it was its own city would be the fourth largest in the country displacing Philadelphia.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
I've been at the beer garden at close and it was crowded. Lucky Sevens is always crowded. Surf City had a good crowd last summer.

That is irrelevant though- because like many JC residents, I can walk to Hoboken or get there in a cheap cab, and it has one the best bar denisities in the country.

You guys think there is nightlife in Sunset Park or Bushwick? The average downtowner would be hesitant to step in any of those places.

Also the schools in NYC are terrible, aside from Stuyvesant and its ilk...and we have McNair.

People know about Brooklyn because 1 in 8 Americans traces their roots to it, including myself. And while I have nice memories of it, it's of the real authentic Brooklyn; places like Bensonhurst and Bay Ruidge, not a 22 year old from Ohio who considers himself to be from BK because he drinks $6 PBR in Williamsburg.

I had friends that lived in LIC...nightlife in JC is far better, nevermind Hoboken.

NJ is full of self-loathers. Glad to see there are many in JC making their presence known. If you moved here thinking you were moving to Midtown Manhattan or Millburn, or that Brooklyn is a mix of the two, please move there and check it out. Get a year lease because you'll be back here in no time.

Bravo, Bravissimo !

Posted on: 2013/3/12 17:59
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
I've been at the beer garden at close and it was crowded. Lucky Sevens is always crowded. Surf City had a good crowd last summer.

That is irrelevant though- because like many JC residents, I can walk to Hoboken or get there in a cheap cab, and it has one the best bar denisities in the country.

You guys think there is nightlife in Sunset Park or Bushwick? The average downtowner would be hesitant to step in any of those places.

Also the schools in NYC are terrible, aside from Stuyvesant and its ilk...and we have McNair.

People know about Brooklyn because 1 in 8 Americans traces their roots to it, including myself. And while I have nice memories of it, it's of the real authentic Brooklyn; places like Bensonhurst and Bay Ruidge, not a 22 year old from Ohio who considers himself to be from BK because he drinks $6 PBR in Williamsburg.

I had friends that lived in LIC...nightlife in JC is far better, nevermind Hoboken.

NJ is full of self-loathers. Glad to see there are many in JC making their presence known. If you moved here thinking you were moving to Midtown Manhattan or Millburn, or that Brooklyn is a mix of the two, please move there and check it out. Get a year lease because you'll be back here in no time.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Quote:

This is actually why I specifically like JC and the kinds of people it attracts. It doesn't have to be Brooklyn to have it's own cool vibe going on. Moving to JC is probably a pragmatic decision for a lot of people which means these people are also mature enough, laid back enough, and unpretentious enough to move to the "wrong side of the Hudson".

I also think the fact that JC is a bit more affordable means that it's less vulnerable to the very upper middle class white person insanity that has become an issue in places like Park Slope. Here the SUV stroller set has to coexist with so many other demographics - it keeps the vibe varied. You also aren't going to see trust fund college kids "slumming it" in Jersey.

I agree with you, on most of this. However, DT is getting way over-priced and some of the recent transplants are bringing their NYC MTA rudeness to their PATH train etiquette, which blows. I do recall a time when people actually waiting for those on the train to all exit before pushing their way in. And rents are getting out of control.

Agreed, IMO I don't think anywhere in JC is worth anything over 2k a month. Anything outside of NYC charging that much should be low in crime and clean.

The Heights is getting anywhere from $900 - $1200 per month. Location, location, location.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 17:20
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/3/12 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/3/12 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/3/12 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
it's so true about being able to blame PATH or the ferry when I'm late.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I don't think the MTA subways follow the schedules late at night. I've consistently waited over half an hour late at night.

The only late night advantage somebody from inner Brooklyn has is grabbing a $15 taxi ride from lower Manhattan, versus $35 or so to JC.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 13:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/24 20:34
Group:
Registered Users
It seems like there will be no consensus on the MTA vs the PATH. Both have their problems but I prefer the PATH. It runs on a reliable schedule so you can at least plan your commute home on the weekend nights when service is less frequent then the MTA. During peak hours the PATH runs just as reliably as the MTA. Trains are every few minutes which is at least a good as my experiences on the N/R and J/Z lines.

JC will likely never be seen in the same light as Brooklyn and that's probably why recent transplants to NYC will choose to live in Crown Heights and Sunset Park over places like JC. Hey, you can tell your friends back home you live in Brooklyn which I guess earns you points.

It all depends what you're looking for in where you live. If you want "hot" clubs with bottle service where people will be impressed by your watch...well that sounds like a fking nightmare to me and I hope JC never becomes "cool" by that definition. If you're looking for a chill bar that you can actually sit at a table with your friends and not fight your way through a sea of drunk 23 year olds then JC is probably a good option. There's certainly a hell of a lot more within walking distance in JC than there is in any of those neighborhoods mentioned in the Times article. I don't think that's even debateable.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcbird wrote:
I have worked in Manhattan for many years and most of my co workers have no idea where Jersey City is.
In fact, when I tell them I live in Jersey City, their first reaction is that if I am coming from Jersey, I must have a long commute. When I tell them that I can get to midtown in just twenty minutes they are amazed.

Don't tell anyone how short your commute really is anymore. The myth that you must have a hard commute because you live "out in Jersey," can come in real handy when you want to sleep in or play hooky.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
also PATH is cheaprr

Posted on: 2013/3/12 9:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/1 17:58
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Are you sure the LONGEST wait after 2am is 22 minutes? I have waited on the platform for a subway for well over 40 minutes before. One time, around 4am, I waited for over 60 minutes for a Bronx-bound 6 train.

According to the MTA 6 train schedule the longest wait for a train is between midnight and 6 AM when trains are supposed to run every 20 minutes.
http://mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/t6cur.pdf
Of course scheduled service and actual performance can be quite different.

For years the overnight PATH trains operated from 33rd St every 30 minutes leaving at 12 and 42 minutes after the hour. They were often late. Now they leave 33rd St every 35 minutes. I always hoped that they would decrease the interval between trains to every 20 minutes. Instead they mad it longer between trains. To their credit, they keep pretty damn close to that 35 minute schedule now.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 3:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Are you sure the LONGEST wait after 2am is 22 minutes? I have waited on the platform for a subway for well over 40 minutes before. One time, around 4am, I waited for over 60 minutes for a Bronx-bound 6 train.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 3:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/1 17:58
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Lets try to keep things in perspective.
In terms of a national reputation, Jersey City is not even on the radar. We will never make a place for ourselves in the national conscious and forever be eclipsed by the great colossus to the east.
New Yorkers, If they think of Jersey City at all, look down at Jersey City just as they do to all of Jersey. No rational thought going on but just an instinctive sense that everything between New York and LA is provincial. Think of that classic New Yorker cartoon.
I have worked in Manhattan for many years and most of my co workers have no idea where Jersey City is.
In fact, when I tell them I live in Jersey City, their first reaction is that if I am coming from Jersey, I must have a long commute. When I tell them that I can get to midtown in just twenty minutes they are amazed. Some of them tell me that their commute from Brooklyn and Queens takes as much as ninety minutes.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 3:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I'm surprised that people are saying that the MTA trains are more convenient late at night. Most lines run at similar intervals to the Path...every 25-30 minutes.

No the longest headway is 22 mins. Some lines like the L run more frequently while others, at least in Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn are half that because they share tracks with different lines.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm surprised that people are saying that the MTA trains are more convenient late at night. Most lines run at similar intervals to the Path...every 25-30 minutes.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:

Also, JC really doesn't lack nightlife. There are places as varied as the Beer Garden, Powerhouse, Pint, Lucky 7s, Barcade (better than the BK one) and much of downtown is walking distance to Hoboken.

Saying JC has nightlife is like saying your crazy uncle who is able to pull coins out of kids' ears is a magician. Come on. You bring any Manhattan or even Brooklyn person to JC and take them out, they will be disappointed. There is absolutely no club scene in downtown JC. The bars are a drag and mostly empty.

The powerhouse lounge is a middle aged real estate meeting on most nights.

Beer garden is dead by 1:00 on most non special event nights.

So if your idea of a nightlife is playing with sticky controls in a dank, crowded barcade when the machine actually works and accepts your quarters, then yes, JC has a nightlife.

I enjoy our disputes but for the first time, I have to agree with you. JC night life is pathetic and pretty lame. LOL @ the powerhouse.

The place near grove should not be turned into the 100th pizza place in downtown. It should be downtown's first actual club - how great would that be...

Back in the 90's DTJC was full of night life, but their is a new breed of folks DTJC and I actually do not think a club will sit well with them in their own backyard. Clubs attract folks from other wards, and we can't have that. Most think this is some sort of suburb.

I think clubs will work well over at 440. Maybe the city can make that the club district... :)

No dingy clubs. I'm talking about high class clubbing, the likes of the le bain or pacha. Good DJs, swanky establishments, good dance music, dress code, admission and cover, security, etc. JC offers unparalleled views of NYC and clubs can take advantage of that. This type of clubbing experience will be aimed towards the condo owners/renters in the luxury highrises.

OMG, that sounds like my worst nightmare! :)

I do believe the age difference of the demographics between Brooklyn and JC is a huge aspect to this. When my husband and I first moved here, we would get bored of the options for eating and going out. But now that we are married, bought a house and have a toddler, I'm very very happy with the progress the city has made with the new establishments (Barcade, Roman Nose, Satis, 30 Acres...) and more to come. But that's because we're in our mid-30s and our lives have shifted. Brooklyn has significantly more of the 20-something crowd, just graduated and still out till the wee hours. JC is a bit "sleepier" than that, but we love that now.

As a related aside to the general idea of gentrification, another aspect of JC (speaking only from downtown where I live) I appreciate is how well a place like Key Food has managed to cater to a wildly diverse customer base. You'll have upper-middle classers buying organic inventory up the wazoo in front of the guy who needs to fill out the WIC form and buying main-stream canned food. I really think that store has done a great job of providing inventory and an experience for all, and I think it'll make them a success.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/24 20:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote

You are simply wrong. Bushwick, for instance, might be many more stops further out but the L train runs so much more frequently and so much faster, the travel time to 14th street is about the same and the commute to midtown is less.

MTA stations are much closer together than the PATH, which means for more people, the walking component is significantly less as well. Many more people live within a block of an MTA station than live within the same distance of the PATH.

Sunset Park and South Slope are definitely as close to Manhattan -- in terms of actual travel time -- than Jersey City. Of course you can find exceptions. If you work at the World Trade Center site and live at Grove Pointe, that might be a faster commute. Well, except after midnight.

I guess there's no right answer to this since it depends on where you need to get to. I work right by the Path WTC station and my commute from JC takes less than it did when I lived in Fort Greene and took the 4 train. The Path is a much more pleasant commute, though.

Sure, the MTA is probably better late night but there's no way you can convince me that the L train is a fun commute. Again, guess it all comes down to where you need to be and when to determine how convenient JC is.

I'm not saying I wouldn't pick inner ring BK over JC if all else was equal but we're talking about the same price for Bushwick or Ditmas Park vs Downtown JC.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I agree live music would give us an edge, I think JSQ would be the best place for it, however it would have to be pretty amazing it only takes me 30 min to be on the LES where there are tons of live music venues. I would not hold my breath on this though, we are talking about the same town where neighborhoods don't even have descent supermarkets.... sigh

Posted on: 2013/3/11 23:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/19 19:16
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
JC is actually much more on par with Brooklyn than most think in terms of nightlife.

We have a diverse bar scene with everything from old school Latin dives to Hipster hangouts and some very good restaurants.

Hoboken is right next door and is packed with bars and clubs. In terms of distance, its just as if it were another neighborhood of the same city. The same way someone from Park Slope or Carroll Gardens would go to Williamsburg for some action, we can go to Hoboken.

When it comes to a real club scene, only Manhattan has that. Not Brooklyn, Not Jersey, Not Queens or anywhere else for that matter. The City is where the action is, end of story. It has always been that way and no surrounding neighborhood or borough can compete. That's not ever going to change.

Brooklyn has some great neighborhoods, but at the end of the day you can't compare a borough of 2.5 million to a city of 250k. Some neighborhoods are similar, and others are vastly different.

Living in outer Brooklyn where commutes into the city can be over an hour cannot even remotely compare to JC where you have multiple train stops within 15 min of Tribeca, Soho, Greenwich Village, Meatpacking and Chelsea.

You must have just gotten to the metro area, I am from BK and Brooklyn and Queens has some happening clubs that put some of Manhattan clubs to shame. I don't club as much as I did 10 years ago but Hoboken was never a place I wanted to be caught dead in. I am not into the frat/boy vibe.

Far from a transplant buddy, born and raised here

I never said I hung out or like Hobokens nightlife, I just said there are a lot of bars and clubs. However I agree with you about not liking the frat vibe.

Nightlife and clubs in Brooklyn and Queens don't compare to Manhattan, don't get it twisted. Never have and never will.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
From what I understand, that is a tough business, running a live music venue/bar. I think Whiskey Bar in Hoboken has stopped booking bands, which is sad. Maxwell's is going strong though, and is a great place. Would be great if there were 1-2 more places like that in JC/Hoboken.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Isn't the "club scene" a thing of the past? I feel like that form of socialization kind of ended in the 90s/early 2000s. Don't all the cool kids nowadays hang out at warehouse parties or rooftop parties? Haha. I just see a club (whether in Manhattan or anywhere else) as being a major cheesefest these days.

For the newcomers to JC, the Sand Bar (where Surf City is now) was definitely a club. Especially in its earlier years.

I work with 8 people who are in their 20's and trust me they are still clubbing Half of them use their sick days because of late night clubbing. We are just older. Yes, the Sand Bar was a successful club but most the DTJC newbies wanted it closed.

Yeah, I tend to think of the club scene as "over" but in reality I've just gotten over it personally 'cause I'm getting old ;P. I started "clubbing" nearly half my lifetime ago thanks to the magic of fake IDs. I will say that the Guiliani crackdowns on venues like Limelight and the Tunnel certainly didn't help in terms of what's available in NY. Things got tamer after that. Anything interesting tends to be "pop up clubs" in warehouses or in random locales these days, sometimes not worth the travel through sketchy parts of Gowanus or wherever (did I mention I'm getting old)?

What I think JC could really use in terms of nightlife are music venues - small to mid size places like Maxwells, where national acts can pickup an extra gig before they hit NYC. I'm very surprised no one is trying to cash in on the revised noise ordinances and open a place with a stage and regularly book live acts.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Isn't the "club scene" a thing of the past? I feel like that form of socialization kind of ended in the 90s/early 2000s. Don't all the cool kids nowadays hang out at warehouse parties or rooftop parties? Haha. I just see a club (whether in Manhattan or anywhere else) as being a major cheesefest these days.

For the newcomers to JC, the Sand Bar (where Surf City is now) was definitely a club. Especially in its earlier years.

I work with 8 people who are in their 20's and trust me they are still clubbing Half of them use their sick days because of late night clubbing. We are just older. Yes, the Sand Bar was a successful club but most the DTJC newbies wanted it closed.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
JC is actually much more on par with Brooklyn than most think in terms of nightlife.

We have a diverse bar scene with everything from old school Latin dives to Hipster hangouts and some very good restaurants.

Hoboken is right next door and is packed with bars and clubs. In terms of distance, its just as if it were another neighborhood of the same city. The same way someone from Park Slope or Carroll Gardens would go to Williamsburg for some action, we can go to Hoboken.

When it comes to a real club scene, only Manhattan has that. Not Brooklyn, Not Jersey, Not Queens or anywhere else for that matter. The City is where the action is, end of story. It has always been that way and no surrounding neighborhood or borough can compete. That's not ever going to change.

Brooklyn has some great neighborhoods, but at the end of the day you can't compare a borough of 2.5 million to a city of 250k. Some neighborhoods are similar, and others are vastly different.

Living in outer Brooklyn where commutes into the city can be over an hour cannot even remotely compare to JC where you have multiple train stops within 15 min of Tribeca, Soho, Greenwich Village, Meatpacking and Chelsea.

You must have just gotten to the metro area, I am from BK and Brooklyn and Queens has some happening clubs that put some of Manhattan clubs to shame. I don't club as much as I did 10 years ago but Hoboken was never a place I wanted to be caught dead in. I am not into the frat/boy vibe.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:02

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017