Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: PATH Train Incident

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/3 4:30
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
Nah BurningClumpofPerception we should just assume he did it. Don't question anything.

Yeah, all those frivolous sexual assault allegations women have been throwing around over the years have really done a great job of keeping them on top of things. Someday we'll overcome Nightgownposse, someday.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/14 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
Nah BurningClumpofPerception we should just assume he did it. Don't question anything.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know Giovanna. Clearly the fact that she didn't yell for assistance after the shock & shame of some guy taking the opportunity to grab her tits/ass/crotch wore off means it wasn't sexual assault. Not to mention the fact that the Jersey Journal did a terrible job reporting here and didn't describe in graphic detail what happened, or what her name is or where she lived or what her sexual history is, etc, etc. There's too many holes in this story! Question everything!

Per the above post-- I usually don't like commending the WSJ but good job Rupert. Now we should scrutinize how the momentum & bumping of the train could easily be confused for rythmic dry humping. And... GO.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
the JJ missed a few important words.

From WSJ,
"Kovvali allegedly pushed himself up against a woman and began to grind against her"

BAD MAN.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
She very well might think she was assaulted/groped, I don't think people are saying she is lying. But the reality is as we all know, if you are by the door on a crowded train and it's still taking on passengers you will be pretty intimate with the person next to you.

As a dude, it would kinda suck to be arrested and have sexual charges against me for getting on a crowded train. Safer to wait for the next uncrowded train, but with how the way the PATH is now, could be awhile.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 16:53
Group:
Registered Users
BurningClumpOfHair, I agree with you.

I can't believe the misogynistic bullshit on display here from so many.

Yes, none of us on this board know exactly what transpired, but the fact that anyone's first reaction would be to assume the woman is lying or oversensitive is just revolting.

Do you think it's easy for a woman to come forward in such a situation? Just for some general perspective, according to the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network, 54% of sexual assaults go unreported to the police. See http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates.

I'm assuming you all know that criminal sexual contact on the train *is* a thing that happens, right?

I could go on, but what's the point? I know I won't change your minds.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Once again, the Jersey Journal comes up with some grand reporting. No investigation, nothing. Great journalism. If she was sexually assaulted (from the description the paper reports), then I am assaulted every time I ride the path or subway. The headline says "groped" but the article says he boarded the crowded train and pushed himself on her. Groping and pushed up against someone on a crowded train are 2 different things. I wish the JJ had gone out of business a few years ago.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a woman, and from the limited information in the article, I agree that it sounds ridiculous that this person was arrested. BTW, there is absolutely nothing in Bill's post that could in any way be interpreted as sexist.

I wonder if the "victim" is new to an urban environment and hadn't ridden a crowded train before? Yeah, you are going to come into contact with people. Welcome to city life. And there's a good chance that they will be a different age, gender, and/or race/ethnicity than you. If that makes you uncomfortable, then don't live in one of the most diverse places on the planet.

She acknowledges that it was crowded. So she was surrounded by people who could have helped her as she was supposedly attacked. And she didn't seek any help? I'm calling bullsh!t on this.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Take note to never ride a crowded train with BurningClumpOfBras, you'll be arrested.

Chill, there's clearly more to the story than what is being reported.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
This could be classified as a crime of opportunity. They may settle out of court with a dollar settlement. Alternatively, the assailant figured on a crowded train he could get away with it. Lately there have been men with work visas here from other countries away from their families and wives being alone in a strange land and being without nourishment for required needs can create a drive to achieve the necessary essentials. Read the police blotters.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 14:42
Get on your bikes and ride !

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
The two posts above me are the exact kind of retarded sexist bullshit that makes women hesitant to report rapes.

Good job boys. Make sure to hop back into that PSEG thread to accuse the black service workers of casing the neighborhood after this.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
That is the risk of riding a crowded train. It's her word against his. Perhaps they need to institute "women only" trains or selected cars for women only, during rush hour like they do in Tokyo.

I've been on crowded Path trains and feel like I need a condom since I'm pressed against others against my will.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
WTF,

"boarded the train and pushed himself up against the woman, officials said.

The woman attempted to push Kovvali away, but was unable to do so because of the crowded train"

That's it?!? You can get arrested for boarding a crowded train???

Posted on: 2013/3/8 14:06

PATH Train Incident
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... charged.html#incart_river
West Windsor man charged with groping Jersey City woman on PATH