Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC mayor facing re-election calls challenger a bad word -- 'Republican'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
The comments are now open, everyone. It was just a glitch that we corrected as soon as we found out. Comment away!

I wouldn't dignify your comment by increasing the traffic on your site, Terrence. That is a bush league story. You write an article about a name that someone is called, build the foundation by repeating innuendo, factual inaccuracies and outright lies - giving voice to them all over again - all for the point of what, exactly? To muse about a "gambit" that may or may not work? You've always struck me as more professional than that.

Put another way - if enough people from the Fulop camp were to start calling Healy a pedophile and came up with a lot of pictures of Healy with kids around him - you'd go with that, right?
well it would certainly be news that people are trying to paint him that way, yeah.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 4:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/13 15:22
Group:
Registered Users
I spoke too soon! Healy's hack did not sent out the entire article. The email made cuts from the original piece. What got cut?

CUT FROM HEALY'S VERSION:
"Fulop noted that he has the endorsement of prominent Democrats like Freeholder Bill O'Dea, Congressman Donald Payne Jr. and former Hudson County Democratic Organization chair Bernard Kenny.

CUT FROM HEALY'S VERSION:
While Weingart said such accusations can ?backfire? if it?s clear the target is not a Republican-in-Democratic-clothing, he noted that some candidates might want to register for the opposing party depending on where they want to run.

?If you want to be active in politics in Jersey City ? you would probably want to be a Democrat no matter what you thought,? he said.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 3:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/13 15:22
Group:
Registered Users
There are a couple of points to take from this.

First is the degree of desperation it reflects from Healy's sinking ship. This is what he's got? Really?

Second is the underlying reality. Of course Fulop is a Democrat. Healy knows that Steve Fulop is a Democrat because Fulop, working with Bill O'Dea and Jeff Dublin, took over the Jersey City Democratic party, kicking Healy's guys out of the party leadership. Healy knows that Fulop is a Democrat , because Fulop has better access to Democratic leaders statewide and Democratic contributors statewide, that Healy does.

What frightens Healy is that Fulop's appeal is beyond partisan. He's attracted independents, and (gasp!) Republicans to support him because they see someone who is able to focus on the issues that matter to most voters. The past two days provide a great example. Fulop releases a plan to bring crime under control, something Healy has not been able to do after more than 8 years in office, and Healy releases a blast of sour "Republican" gas.

And third, we note that Healy's hired gun, David Parano, quickly blasted Healy's email list with the entire text of the story. Free JJ credibility for a bogus piece of lying campaign bulls#!t. Yo been played, Terrence!

Posted on: 2013/2/9 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Its not a lot to ask at all, it was just a dumb a** comment. smdh

From the king.....

Posted on: 2013/2/9 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
So if calling Healy a pedophile were done under the guise of "campaign strategy" that would make it "valid to explore"? Yes - the Connors comment was the innuendo to which I referred.

They get Bonnie Watson to double down on their mischaracterization. They completely fabricate the red-light camera thing into a Republican/Fulop Trojan horse - and then on top of it you give the spokesman another bite at the apple. If you were concerned with accuracy, you would say "Healy basing campaign on lying" and explore that. You could probably get a Rutgers professor to talk about the history of using lies as a campaign strategy. Maybe cite a few examples.

User 1111 - I know it's a lot to ask for you to understand, but not everything is meant literally.

Its not a lot to ask at all, it was just a dumb a** comment. smdh

Posted on: 2013/2/9 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
For better or worse, both likely major party candidates are attorneys.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
I do wish that Steve would endorse Barbara Buono. Steve's a registered democrat and has plenty of Democratic support. But a Christiecrat is little better than an outright Republican. Particularly when you consider how damaging Christie has been to Jersey City.

I hope we can have a choice of a non-lawyer (/ non-union leader) as governor... If only there was an economist (read: real economist, not a pseudo in the likeness of Paul ryan or the Paul family) to choose. Having lawyers draft the policy that governs our economy is the reason why the country, nj, and so many other states are suffering from massive unemployment, saddled with debt and unfunded liabilities, and crushing what's left of the middle class. Nothing against (all) lawyers but seriously... Stick to what you understand

Posted on: 2013/2/9 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So if calling Healy a pedophile were done under the guise of "campaign strategy" that would make it "valid to explore"? Yes - the Connors comment was the innuendo to which I referred.

They get Bonnie Watson to double down on their mischaracterization. They completely fabricate the red-light camera thing into a Republican/Fulop Trojan horse - and then on top of it you give the spokesman another bite at the apple. If you were concerned with accuracy, you would say "Healy basing campaign on lying" and explore that. You could probably get a Rutgers professor to talk about the history of using lies as a campaign strategy. Maybe cite a few examples.

User 1111 - I know it's a lot to ask for you to understand, but not everything is meant literally.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I wouldn't dignify your comment by increasing the traffic on your site, Terrence. That is a bush league story. You write an article about a name that someone is called, build the foundation by repeating innuendo, factual inaccuracies and outright lies - giving voice to them all over again - all for the point of what, exactly? To muse about a "gambit" that may or may not work? You've always struck me as more professional than that.

It's undeniable that one of the Healy campaign's strategies is to make voters think Steve Fulop is a Republican and not a Democrat, and I think it's valid to explore that. I don't think there's any real innuendo repeated, aside from, strangely enough, current Fulop ally Sean Connors.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
The comments are now open, everyone. It was just a glitch that we corrected as soon as we found out. Comment away!

Put another way - if enough people from the Fulop camp were to start calling Healy a pedophile and came up with a lot of pictures of Healy with kids around him - you'd go with that, right?
I know this is JC, but are we comparing Republicans to pedophiles? really? wow

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I do wish that Steve would endorse Barbara Buono. Steve's a registered democrat and has plenty of Democratic support. But a Christiecrat is little better than an outright Republican. Particularly when you consider how damaging Christie has been to Jersey City.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe Healy forgot about those republicans he has working for him - Aranjo, Kelleher & let's not forget Czaplicki.

And while we are at it, what about McFadden's little get together in the VERY republican Monmouth County. I'm quite sure she carded all potential Healy donors to make sure they were democrats in good standing.

Bar Keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2013/2/8 23:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
The JJ thread is now open for comments. That was strange.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... 13_heal.html#incart_river

I can't post a comment.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
This is a pathetic ploy. Steve is a Democrat. We can argue over policy choices. We can argue over the significance of candidates' pasts. But we cannot argue over this. Calling Steve a Republican is a naked lie. Think about what kind of candidate would pin his electoral hopes on a brazen lie.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The JJ thread is now open for comments. That was strange.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/8 19:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users
Jerry Healy is a democrat a democrat in the long tradition of Frank Hague,Harrison Williams, Bobby J, Bob Torrecelli, Mariano Vega and countless others. Convicted felons , crooks, incompetents and thieves.

Steve Fulop is the best person for the job. Whether you are a democrat, republican or an independent vote for Steve.

ps Steve is a democrat...an honest one.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
not only that, Healy endorsed a registered republican who he had on his ticket in the 2009 election. Talk about being a hypocrite and a liar! No idea how anyone can trust Healy...

Posted on: 2013/2/8 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Wait I am a little confused. Why is Healy and Henne calling Fulop a ?Republican??
Don?t Republican?s usually donate / contribute to other Republican?s running for office? So they can further spread the venomous 1% agenda of the GOP through the winning candidate?
Well then that must make Healy a member of the Grand Old Party. No he didn?t get ?Republican money down the shore?. Healy got Republican money from right here in the Democratic strong hold of Hudson County.
Here is an entry from the NJELEC report for Healy?s 2009 campaign.
HUDSON COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY INC
JERSEY CITY NJ 7305
POLITICAL PARTY CMTE
$1500 MONETARY
05/01/2006
HEALY JERRAMIAH MAYOR
NONPARTISAN
JERSEY CITY
2009 MUNICIPAL
Gee maybe Healy and Henna better wash out their dirty/bad past election contributions with soap.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 17:30

JC mayor facing re-election calls challenger a bad word -- 'Republican'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor facing re-election calls challenger a bad word -- 'Republican'

(JCList WM it would be nice if you didn?t merge this thread into the 2013 Mayoral Election thread. The JJ just posted this piece on Fulop and is NOT letting people comment on it. Comments are now closed for this entry. With JCList being a great source of JC news and information at least people will be able to comment on it here)

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on February 08, 2013 at 11:45 AM

?Republican? in Jersey City can be a dirty word.

There aren?t many of them. As of Jan. 11, the count is 8,162 registered Republican voters, compared to 62,210 Democrats and 62,236 who are unaffiliated, according to the Hudson County Superintendent of Elections.

Perhaps that?s why allies of Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who is seeking a third full term in May?s city election, have taken to referring to rival Ward E City Councilman Steve Fulop as a member of the Grand Old Party, even though Jersey City?s municipal elections are non-partisan and Fulop is a registered Democrat.

Full JJ piece..that is NOT allowing comments..

Posted on: 2013/2/8 17:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017