Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Anyone Need a Snow shoveler
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatsnDogs wrote:
I hired GreevilleChick's husband and he did a great job! Thank you.

Excellent!

Posted on: 2013/2/9 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I hired GreevilleChick's husband and he did a great job! Thank you.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Message from Steve Fulop's Facebook page:

Do you know of anyone who needs help shoveling their sidewalk (especially elderly or disabled)? POST HERE and we will try to get someone over to go help. If you can help, just post here which house you are going to. I will be out along with other team members.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php ... 189801&id=155363124486736

But if you can afford it, please hire Greenvillechick and her husband or someone else who needs the work.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
Contact 201-539-1894 - will come and give you a good price - my husband was laid off and we have 4 kids so we trying to make ends meet anyway we know how!!!

Good luck, there's gotta be someone who doesn't require insurance! What next... Requesting references and a resume?!

We live in a litigation society that was intended to protect the working man but has been transformed in to a mechanism that prevents people from making an honest buck

It was not "transformed". It was like that from the get go.

It's very simple, - I will hire someone if what he does for me is more valuable to me than what I need to spend to hire him.

Like hypothetically, let's say Peter is willing to pay 25 or lower for the snow cleaning, and will do it himself if the price is higher. And Paul is willing to clear the snow for Peter for 20 or higher, and would prefer to relax in front of a TV if the price is lower. This means they can agree to something in the 20-25 range.

Now, you introduce a law that says Peter needs to get worker's comp, insurances, licenses, city permits - all of a sudden, in order to give Paul merely 20 bucks, Peter needs to spend at least 30. And that is the best case scenario.

Yet, his values scales are the same. What will happen? One of two things. Peter will hire Paul the "old way", which is now illegal, or Peter will have to clean it all himself, and Paul will relax in front of a TV. Hungry.

Sure, there are some more rich "Peters" who will easily up the price to 30, or even 50 to avoid cleaning themselves. But there will be few of those. So, the results are:
(a) "hiring someone for snow cleaning" is something that only the "rich" can afford,
(b) earning money by cleaning the snow is no longer a good way to earn a buck for 15-18 year olds, but a professional racket with closely guarded membership

Wo-hoo!!!
I just saw about five teenage boys boarding the Richard street lightrail with shovels. I overheard them saying they are headed downtown and Bayonne to shovel snow and make some money. Be easy on them when they arrive.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
Contact 201-539-1894 - will come and give you a good price - my husband was laid off and we have 4 kids so we trying to make ends meet anyway we know how!!!

Good luck, there's gotta be someone who doesn't require insurance! What next... Requesting references and a resume?!

We live in a litigation society that was intended to protect the working man but has been transformed in to a mechanism that prevents people from making an honest buck

It was not "transformed". It was like that from the get go.

It's very simple, - I will hire someone if what he does for me is more valuable to me than what I need to spend to hire him.

Like hypothetically, let's say Peter is willing to pay 25 or lower for the snow cleaning, and will do it himself if the price is higher. And Paul is willing to clear the snow for Peter for 20 or higher, and would prefer to relax in front of a TV if the price is lower. This means they can agree to something in the 20-25 range.

Now, you introduce a law that says Peter needs to get worker's comp, insurances, licenses, city permits - all of a sudden, in order to give Paul merely 20 bucks, Peter needs to spend at least 30. And that is the best case scenario.

Yet, his values scales are the same. What will happen? One of two things. Peter will hire Paul the "old way", which is now illegal, or Peter will have to clean it all himself, and Paul will relax in front of a TV. Hungry.

Sure, there are some more rich "Peters" who will easily up the price to 30, or even 50 to avoid cleaning themselves. But there will be few of those. So, the results are:
(a) "hiring someone for snow cleaning" is something that only the "rich" can afford,
(b) earning money by cleaning the snow is no longer a good way to earn a buck for 15-18 year olds, but a professional racket with closely guarded membership

Wo-hoo!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/9 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
jcneighbor, yes seriously, insurance. We're a small condo association and God-forbid the guy has a heart attack or throws his back out, who will pay- you???

JC_Man,
He's technically an Independent Contractor doing temporary work. And since he has no employees , nor is he hiring any subcontractors, he is NOT required to have Work Comp Insurance and you are not liable for any possible workplace-related injuries. (20 years as a licensed insurance broker).

That's a relief but can I see that in writing and preferably from an attorney.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 14:32
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
jcneighbor, yes seriously, insurance. We're a small condo association and God-forbid the guy has a heart attack or throws his back out, who will pay- you???

JC_Man,

He's technically an Independent Contractor doing temporary work. And since he has no employees , nor is he hiring any subcontractors, he is NOT required to have Work Comp Insurance and you are not liable for any possible workplace-related injuries. (20 years as a licensed insurance broker).

Posted on: 2013/2/9 14:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/2 14:15
From Grove Street, downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry to hear you and your husband are having rough times now. And now your husband is laid up in bed from hurting himself. :(

If anyone else needs a shovel job in the downtown area - my husband is making the rounds this morning.
Give him a call: 917-499-4180

Posted on: 2013/2/9 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with you all it take is one "ouch" and you're bankrupt. Obviously JCN is not concerned with liability and does not own property. For every action there is a reaction.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 13:23
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I just spent the past 4 hours patching a roof leak that opened up in the worst possible location (even worse as it is really snowing hard out). I am soaked, cold, exhausted...
Shoveling everything by myself will be murder tomorrow.

I could use a hand shoveling out a parking lot. PM me in the morning... not sure when I will wake up though.. me very tired right now.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 8:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
GVC, So sorry to read about hubby's job. Hope things get better. I'm now in the heights, if hubby has any jobs in the morning that brings him this way, I will treat my better half to a day off of digging out the cars and the house. You have my number, if not message me on FB.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:

Posted on: 2013/2/9 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Indeed, I just paid 80 bucks for two teens one 13 the other 15, they did the front of the house and the back patio.

The last group of guys I had asking for shoveling work were a pair of Mormons. No cash.. they wanted the opportunity to preach / recruit.

I politely turned them down.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you need insurance / workman's comp.. you can always get a grunt through Labor Ready (their office is by the county court house).

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Back when I was a kid (1980's) I would shovel walks for a few bucks. I wasn't alone.. lots of kids would wander the neighborhood looking to make a couple bucks.

A big storm, I would bring back home well over $50 (early 1980 dollars... would be a lot more now).

Do kids still canvas neighborhoods looking for shovel money? Or is/was that strictly a suburban thing?

Indeed, I just paid 80 bucks for two teens one 13 the other 15, they did the front of the house and the back patio.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I believe Greenvillechick should take out a $1500 insurance policy to get a couple of twenty dollar jobs. GVchick, sorry I don't have any jobs for you but I wish you luck with your endeavor. So great to see such a strong work ethic for a parent trying to provide food and shelter. Hope your kids are noticing how you and your husband think.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Back when I was a kid (1980's) I would shovel walks for a few bucks. I wasn't alone.. lots of kids would wander the neighborhood looking to make a couple bucks.

A big storm, I would bring back home well over $50 (early 1980 dollars... would be a lot more now).

Do kids still canvas neighborhoods looking for shovel money? Or is/was that strictly a suburban thing?

Posted on: 2013/2/9 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/9 0:42

Man with a shovel for hire - Downtown Jersey City!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/2 14:15
From Grove Street, downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Hello fellow downtown Jersey City residents. It's getting ugly out there. Stay safe and warm in your house as I shovel your sidewalk and put down salt for you. We are located in the Paulus hook section - off the Grove Street stop. I will travel with shovel to your location, in the downtown area to shovel your sidewalk, stairs, walkways, etc...

Rate:
$25 - for an evening shoveling
$45 - if you would like both this evening and again tomorrow in the morning.

I can be reached at 917-499-4180 or rdny_spann@yahoo.com

Ask for Rodney.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously, Insurance? Pay a hard-working guy $20 to clean off your mess while you stay inside warm and dry and save your back. Or do it yourself-

Posted on: 2013/2/8 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Do you have insurance?

Posted on: 2013/2/8 19:24

Anyone Need a Snow shoveler
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/8 17:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017