Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Selling on Apartment Therapy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/26 22:57
Group:
Registered Users
Can you post your craigslist ad here? I'm interested...

Posted on: 2013/2/9 0:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sassinak wrote:
I've gone that route as well with some high end model condo vignette furnishings (DWR, herman miller, knoll, etc). the response was pretty tepid, which was odd since it's a widely read blog. and we have some very trendy folks here.

I tried selling some mid century furnishings and accessories on there and didn't get much of a reply to anything I posted.

I think craigslist is still a better option.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sassinak wrote:

I suppose it depends on what you have. use the sh!t out of craigslist, it's free, and all walks of life use it.

ebay might also be a venue. just be sure to use a buyitnow type and do best offer... you always have the option of declining any offer and/or counter-offering. make the auction a never ending so you don't keep getting dinged on posting fees. also unless you want to deal with freight shipping, make it local pick-up only.

good luck.

Great Advice, Thank you!

Posted on: 2013/2/8 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bear wrote:

If you go to Krrb.com now they are doing a survey and giving you 50 free credits for completing it. You could probably list all you have and not have to pay at all.

Can't rave enough and no I do not work there.

Doing it now, Thanks for this.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 2:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/10 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
I've gone that route as well with some high end model condo vignette furnishings (DWR, herman miller, knoll, etc). the response was pretty tepid, which was odd since it's a widely read blog. and we have some very trendy folks here. I think that the classified section is a pain tho since it's powered by Krrb.com. great stuff, but a little of a pain in the execution.

I suppose it depends on what you have. use the sh!t out of craigslist, it's free, and all walks of life use it.

ebay might also be a venue. just be sure to use a buyitnow type and do best offer... you always have the option of declining any offer and/or counter-offering. make the auction a never ending so you don't keep getting dinged on posting fees. also unless you want to deal with freight shipping, make it local pick-up only.

good luck.

Posted on: 2013/2/7 23:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/12 22:40
From The Heights!
Group:
Registered Users
The apartment therapy classifieds are powered by a site called Krrb.com and they are fantastic! I've been selling stuff through them since September, all buyers so far have been great.
Most buyers have been from Manhattan or Brooklyn. Since I sell smallish things, they mostly want to meet in the city somewhere to make the transaction. Since you are selling larger furniture pieces I think they would already know they'd have to arrange a way to pick up over here.

No spam like emails, no insane lowball offers.

I even got a hand written Christmas card from the Krrb.com employees!

AT features items from the classified like 3 times a week, if your item gets picked for that it will be sold within the hour. I had a woman drive up from Philly for a $30 table that was featured.

If you go to Krrb.com now they are doing a survey and giving you 50 free credits for completing it. You could probably list all you have and not have to pay at all.

Can't rave enough and no I do not work there.

Posted on: 2013/2/7 23:44

Selling on Apartment Therapy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hello All!

I have a few things I need to sell, which are high end like dressers, chairs, tables, lamps etc from a store I am closing. Most of it is brand new, some of it slightly used from reality TV shows.

I don't want to use craigslist due to the pricing, I was told to use Apartment Therapy, I have seen some JC listings on the site but wanted to know if anyone here used them and the outcome. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

A.R.

Posted on: 2013/2/7 21:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017