Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Retro Fitness coming to Hudson Mall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
it isn't. no due date on when it'll open either. probably a few months by my guess

Posted on: 2013/6/30 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Just want to check in and see if the Chinese place is open? I just checked the Mall's website, and it still says "Coming soon".

Anyone know when? Would love to skip the trip to chinatown to satisfy my chinese cravings...

Posted on: 2013/6/29 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
The Chinese supermarket is not open yet.
Big lots is open tho!

Posted on: 2013/5/27 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if the Chinese supermarket is already open for business?

I checked Hudson Mall's website, and it says its "Coming Soon".

TIA.

Posted on: 2013/5/27 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The staff was working in the gym this weekend setting up.

One of the workers said they are opening on May 9th.

Looks really nice with all of the equipment set up and ready to go.

Hopefully it will give a boost to the rest of the HM.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
User111 I was there today also. Yes it looks like all the construction is done. Nice carpeting a really nice bright space. They have one of the biggest thinnest ceiling fans I have every saw. A guy who does the equipment installation said they didn?t get the work order yet but he also said maybe two weeks. They put up a massive Retro Fitness sign over the mall entrance closest to P.C. Richards/Lowes. That half counter window opening I was talking about is right at the kitchen area so I guess they will sell stuff to mall patrons. Smart idea.

Yeah cory looks like HM may make a (small) come back.

User1111- I did a separate thread for the Asian market and Big Lots. Just so the word gets out.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I just stopped by today, they say they should be opening in 2 weeks, but they also said maybe 6 weeks depending on how fast the city moves with inspection.

It looks pretty amazing inside, they did a great job. I also noticed a new Asian Market coming to the mall, that would save me from going to Bayonne or 555 Asian Market. :)

Posted on: 2013/3/30 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Most retro's have a juice/smoothie counter that is also where you scan your keychain tag.

No, I haven't been there in about 3 months. Nice to hear it hasn't turned into a TOTAL wasteland

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
The RF space is really coming along. Nice space. Does anyone know what the half counter opening is next to the entrance door? Is that a check in window or is it an opening so people outside of the gym can buy healthy drinks/snacks?

Hey cory don?t know if you have been down HM lately nice to see Bath and Body Works opened up again. I thought they were done after Sandy like a few of the other stores.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Forgot to post this. I usually go to the HM on weekends for a Nathan?s hotdog or two. (ok or three) Some of you may already know the booth to sign up for Retro Fitness is right outside of Nathan?s. I am amazed at the number of people signing up for RF over the last few months. (while I am stuffing my fat face, hmm maybe I better sign up) Whenever I am at the mall there are at least 5 or 6 people signing up within the half hour that I am there. There is always a small waiting line to use the signup computer?s. Hopefully once RF opens it will put some life back into HM.

The RF space is really coming along. Nice space. Does anyone know what the half counter opening is next to the entrance door? Is that a check in window or is it an opening so people outside of the gym can buy healthy drinks/snacks?

Hey cory don?t know if you have been down HM lately nice to see Bath and Body Works opened up again. I thought they were done after Sandy like a few of the other stores.

http://shophudsonmall.com/

old-timer side note: I have mentioned this in the past. Back in the day HM used to be THE place to be. You could hardly walk inside of the mall it was so crowded. Also couldn?t park in the front most times you had to park behind the mall. Had some great stores..book store, rag/sewing shop, hobby shop, hardware/paint store, candy store, butcher(House of Meats), ice cream store, Hallmark, music store, arcade, sit down restaurants, etc. HM was originally just a one sided outdoor strip mall.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 16:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/26 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
I joined yesterday, the actual size is closer to 15k sq'. Should be awesome

Posted on: 2013/2/26 12:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/26 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
I joined yesterday, the actual size is closer to 15k sq'. Should be awesome.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I never answer calls from restricted numbers or blocked calls and that seems kminds fishy to me.
And they open in april?
Yes they have a booth in the mall to signup and get a free tshirt I noticed.

Posted on: 2013/2/11 13:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/24 13:03
Group:
Registered Users
I signed up today on their website to get the coupon to waive the activation fee. A couple hours later, I got a call from a restricted number and it was someone from the gym following up to see if I had any questions. He said they will be opening in April and the special is running until the end of the month, but only for the first 150 people to sign up. Classes are included in the monthly fee and one free personal training session is included.

Posted on: 2013/2/10 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't say that massive. I'd guess 10k sq ft, which is a full third smaller than their north arlington location. The parking will be very nice, as NA is fkn full all the time. The theater is a good way to kill time while you're doing what might otherwise be a boring exercise in running/biking.Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Thank you! This place must be massive 150 parking spaces and a move theater, still don't get the movie theater in a gym, but OK, I can dig it.

I'm a member through their other locations. Very good gym with medium frills. No towel service, but they're clean, large and they have some nice amenities like a juice bar, movie theater, day care, etc. A great bargain for $20+tax/mo imo
Quote:
Magnus wrote:
I got the flyer too and it looks pretty decent. Has anybody actually checked them out yet?

Posted on: 2013/2/9 21:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/11 5:14
Group:
Registered Users
I got the flyer too and it looks pretty decent. Has anybody actually checked them out yet?

Posted on: 2013/2/9 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
not afaik, and if they were it would be well ahead of schedule.
i took a business card from the guy at the kiosk a couple months ago, here's his email: jerseycitynj@retrofitness.net
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I just received my flyer in the mail, they offer a sh*t load of classes. The offer expire at the end of this month which is for $19.99 for LIFE; However it does not say when they are opening. Has it open already? anybody?

Thank you! This place must be massive 150 parking spaces and a move theater, still don't get the movie theater in a gym, but OK, I can dig it.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
not afaik, and if they were it would be well ahead of schedule.
i took a business card from the guy at the kiosk a couple months ago, here's his email: jerseycitynj@retrofitness.net
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I just received my flyer in the mail, they offer a sh*t load of classes. The offer expire at the end of this month which is for $19.99 for LIFE; However it does not say when they are opening. Has it open already? anybody?

Posted on: 2013/2/9 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/9 0:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/9 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

ezola wrote:
I don't think that I would look for a franchise. I would rather open a ?no name? gym. I guarantee that you?d would make lots of $ if you opened a reasonably priced, no contract gym in downtown. Check all the cheaper gyms downtown. They?re all packed after 5pm.

You should go to these cheaper gyms and ask the management if they are "making lots of $". I doubt you'll see any of the owners driving BMWs or Mercedes.

Bad example. This is America; anybody can drive Mercedes or BMW, and they?re doing better than OK, friend of mine manages one.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 20:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

ezola wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

ezola wrote:
I wish they would open a big gym in Downtown Jersey City. There?s a lot of money to be made. We need a good, well priced gym here. No contracts and sneaky maintenance fees, just straight forward $20-$30 a month membership. My gym is packed and overpriced. They charge people $30 a year a maintenance fee (like $400 is not enough), but they can?t fix the smelly bathroom and we have to pay extra for towels. It?s outrageous.

HAHA! are you serious? There are like tons of gyms down there, do you know this would be the only gym servicing GV residents? we are forced to go downtown or Bayonne to work out. get real, this type of gym belongs here not there we have the demographics for it and the demand.

We still need a well priced gym. Not everybody is rich here. Trust me.

Yes, This is true, there are allot of posers down there, but with all the complaints about low end stores and 99 cents stores on this board it does not make sense for a gym that charges $19.99 a month to want to run and open a business down there so all the posers can complain about it... When I first moved downtown there were a ton of mom and pop gyms that were dirt cheap, and guess what, they are all out of biz now because downtown folks wanted their_____ sucked and ____ kissed. You can always jump on the lightrail and work out. The days of any cheap gym opening down there is history that's why Synergy is gone.

Synergy went out of business because was poorly managed.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ezola wrote:
I don't think that I would look for a franchise. I would rather open a ?no name? gym. I guarantee that you?d would make lots of $ if you opened a reasonably priced, no contract gym in downtown. Check all the cheaper gyms downtown. They?re all packed after 5pm.

You should go to these cheaper gyms and ask the management if they are "making lots of $". I doubt you'll see any of the owners driving BMWs or Mercedes.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Looks like there is movement.

All of the fixtures from the old store are gone. Permits are posted in the window. Work is being done.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/1/17 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ezola wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

ezola wrote:
I wish they would open a big gym in Downtown Jersey City. There?s a lot of money to be made. We need a good, well priced gym here. No contracts and sneaky maintenance fees, just straight forward $20-$30 a month membership. My gym is packed and overpriced. They charge people $30 a year a maintenance fee (like $400 is not enough), but they can?t fix the smelly bathroom and we have to pay extra for towels. It?s outrageous.

HAHA! are you serious? There are like tons of gyms down there, do you know this would be the only gym servicing GV residents? we are forced to go downtown or Bayonne to work out. get real, this type of gym belongs here not there we have the demographics for it and the demand.

We still need a well priced gym. Not everybody is rich here. Trust me.

Yes, This is true, there are allot of posers down there, but with all the complaints about low end stores and 99 cents stores on this board it does not make sense for a gym that charges $19.99 a month to want to run and open a business down there so all the posers can complain about it... When I first moved downtown there were a ton of mom and pop gyms that were dirt cheap, and guess what, they are all out of biz now because downtown folks wanted their_____ sucked and ____ kissed. You can always jump on the lightrail and work out. The days of any cheap gym opening down there is history that's why Synergy is gone.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 14:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
i would contend that both places have the demand and demographics for it.

however, i can guarantee you that the retro is paying 25-50% less in rent than anything comparable downtown.

retro is a franchise and is always looking to expand if you have the capital to do so (around a mil). if you think that you can make a profit on a gym in downtown (and you'd have me going there for starters), by all means, please look into opening up one. keep in mind you need like 8000+ sq ft and free parking to make this work.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 6:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

ezola wrote:

Tons of expensive gyms! Those expensive gyms will go out of business sooner than you think. I?ve seen many gyms over past 20 years. We still need a well priced gym. Not everybody is rich here. Trust me.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 6:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i would contend that both places have the demand and demographics for it.

however, i can guarantee you that the retro is paying 25-50% less in rent than anything comparable downtown.

retro is a franchise and is always looking to expand if you have the capital to do so (around a mil). if you think that you can make a profit on a gym in downtown (and you'd have me going there for starters), by all means, please look into opening up one. keep in mind you need like 8000+ sq ft and free parking to make this work.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 2:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ezola wrote:

Posted on: 2013/1/17 1:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/1/17 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like there is movement.

All of the fixtures from the old store are gone. Permits are posted in the window. Work is being done.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
A lot of people from Country Village (CV) and Society Hill (SH) used the Society Hill Gym across rt 440 in Danforth Plaza. It is now the Jolliebee restaurant. (ironic indeed) It was small but it did have a nice selection of free weights and machines. It closed a few years ago which forced people to go to Bayonne gyms. (or give up working out and get fat)

Yes I bet people down at the Bayonne end of GV will head over to the new RF in Hudson Mall. Hey maybe the new RF will attract so many people the Old Navy and new Staples will actually close their parking lot facing entrances and open up entrances INSIDE of the mall.

I am still missing the Hudson Mall Arcade.

LoKo 498 wrote: Quote:
What next, a muscle maker grill inside the mall?

Hey LoKo ?the rumor is a Trader Joe?s is opening up in the old Staples space. :)

Posted on: 2012/12/17 14:28

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017