Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Woman's BMW carjacked in Heights section of JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
on the other hand, some of new york's highest crime areas (harlem, bed-stuy, even east new york) seem to have significantly less crime.

Gentification is working well in NY .... increase lease / rentals and the basic cost of living, and certain 'socio-economic' groups will migrate out our way.

Posted on: 2012/12/30 1:49
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
what's amazing about jc and newark, trenton, camden is that they are in one of the richest states (like conmnecticut) yet it has some of the highest crime areas.

on the other hand, some of new york's highest crime areas (harlem, bed-stuy, even east new york) seem to have significantly less crime.

Posted on: 2012/12/28 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
Just go to news.google.com and type Jersey City. Most of the news is about crime. No positive news at all. JCPD needs to do its job properly. Where is JC's batman?

haha. Remember when the Guardian Angels patrolled DTJC for a week a few years back?

Posted on: 2012/12/28 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Just go to news.google.com and type Jersey City. Most of the news is about crime. No positive news at all. JCPD needs to do its job properly. Where is JC's batman?

Posted on: 2012/12/28 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

equ wrote:

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
and unlike this place NYC has cops on the street.

Exactly. Are JCPD cops ever going to get out of their cruisers and actually walk the beat?

I guess because its election season they are on the street here in GV I spotted 6 cops walking the beat on Ocean, Danforth, MLK, Bayside Park, and Garfield. I guess Healy wants the black and Latino vote... My guess they will be off th streets right after Election Day

Posted on: 2012/12/28 15:33

Edited by user1111 on 2012/12/28 16:03:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
and unlike this place NYC has cops on the street.

Exactly. Are JCPD cops ever going to get out of their cruisers and actually walk the beat?

Posted on: 2012/12/28 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
It's getting like Dodge city, it's time to be on your guard at all times eveyone is suspect. Perhaps any kind of profiling is the best method to make us aware of our surroundings. If this is too harsh so be it unless there is a better way of detering a dangerous situation.

Well when it comes to carjackings at least the more organised ones, be careful of luxury cars following you. They like to use stolen/carjacked vehicles to look for the next one. Ironically people get more nervous when the hooked up Civic full of teens pulls up along side them then the Benz/BMW at the red light behind you. The nice car you pay no mind to is the one you should be worried about.

Posted on: 2012/12/28 0:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
It's getting like Dodge city, it's time to be on your guard at all times eveyone is suspect. Perhaps any kind of profiling is the best method to make us aware of our surroundings. If this is too harsh so be it unless there is a better way of detering a dangerous situation.

Its getting? JC is far from Mayberry, I think it was a safe city to live in, in the 1950's. I think most people assume they are safe, but none of us are no matter where we are. I work in NYC and see people iPhones get stolen in daylight, and unlike this place NYC has cops on the street.

JC lost its innocents after the great white flight of the 60's. If we do not get better leadership here its only going to get worst. There are no real jobs here. Most of the wards are run by hacks. Where I live at least 14% of the people are at poverty level or young single moms. Even though we have gotten a bunch of new folks buying and fixing up homes, it does not out weigh what is here.

When I live DTJC most of my neighbors there did not speak English, and the majority of them were poor and lived in crappy apts. JC is attracting wealthier residents but no where near the amount of poor people that live here.

Watch your back at the waterfront, the heights, GV and even in PH which I consider a ghost town. Be smart, be safe. We live in a world with lots of animals who want to take your $hit.

Posted on: 2012/12/27 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/12/27 17:45
Get on your bikes and ride !

Woman's BMW carjacked in Heights section of JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Woman's BMW carjacked in Heights section of Jersey City
By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal
on December 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

A 36-year-old woman was carjacked in the Heights section of Jersey City after her vehicle was boxed in by two cars yesterday afternoon, police reports said.

The Jersey city woman walked into the North District police stations and said her 2011 BMW 328xi was carjacked at Leonard Street and Kennedy Boulevard at 4 p.m. Wednesday, police reports said.

The woman said she had just gotten into her car when a white Infiniti G35 and a black Honda truck with tinted windows boxed her from moving, reports said.

Two men got out of the Infiniti and one of them forced her door open, pulled her out and shoved her to the ground, reports said

Full JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rjacked.html#incart_river

Buy the Jersey Journal (JJ) a good newspaper!

Posted on: 2012/12/27 17:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017