Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Debris Removal, FEMA?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
If you scroll down to the very bottom of the Jersey City homepage, it says:

Update 11/2, 4:58pm: Dumpsters!!!!
The Jersey City Incinerator Authority will provide dumpsters to flood damaged communities upon request (supply permitting) for the disposal of storm damaged materials. To request a dumpster, contact JCIA CEO Oren K. Dabney Sr. at 201-432-4645 ext. 600.

From some posts by Steve Fulop shortly after the storm, it appears that the dumpsters are free of charge. But you can (obviously) figure that out when you call. (And let any of your neighbors in the same boat know that the whole block can use the dumpster.)

Posted on: 2012/11/20 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(Don?t know if this will help. These are the jcia ?rules? for garbage pickup. Looks like it is a 6 can/bag limit. So you can get rid of it 6 bags at a time. Or maybe all of them would be considered bulk and you can call for pickup. Don?t make the bags too heavy. (you probably knew that already) In the old days (day light pickup) if I had a lot of crap to get rid of I would wait for the guys to come and hand them all an early ?Christmas envelope? to cart it all away. )

SOLID WASTES / RECYCLING

Did you know that Jersey City is one of the most densely-populated cities in the most densely-populated state? That's why our programs are so important.

Through its contractor, Waste Management, JCIA is responsible for the collection and disposal of all residential and small store waste not exceeding six garbage cans per collection day. Curbside collection is provided twice a week, including holidays.

Bulk waste removal (appliances, furniture, etc.) is also collected during these two pickups. We do require that you notify Jersey City Incinerator Authority at (201) 432-4645 ext. 600, to schedule a bulk waste pickup.

Some appliances such as refrigerators and air conditioners are considered recyclable items and are not to be placed out for garbage collection. Such a pickup must also be scheduled in conjunction with your recycling collection day by calling the JCIA at (201) 432-4645 ext. 600.

Above from ??

http://www.jciaonline.org/wastes.php

Driving around JC it is almost unbelievable to see all of the construction materials, furniture, and black garbage bags at the curb in both Country Village and DTJC. Good luck.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know how much it costs to get it picked up, but the Bagster seems like a decent alternative.

Edit - looks like the bag is $30 from Home Depot, and pickup is $170 for the bag ("up to 3,300 lb of debris or waste").

Posted on: 2012/11/19 22:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
You can rent a dumpster from the Incernator Authority. Or you can call Interstate waste about a dumpster rental. I have a 1 yard container thru Interstate that gets picked up monthly. It costs less than $40 per month.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 20:47

Debris Removal, FEMA?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I had to rip out most of my house walls, floors etc due to hurricane sandy. it's all in black contractor bags on the curb for the most part. i wasn't expecting the regular pickup guys to take it but anyone know if there is any service out there FEMA or city related that will take this stuff away for me or is my only option to hire some debris removal company? any info would be appreciated. thanks

Posted on: 2012/11/19 20:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017