Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Torico's Ice Cream
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/31 12:12
Group:
Registered Users
I agree - Torico's is excellent! I especially like the coconut, green tea and avocado ice creams. They are always experimenting with new, creative flavors.

Posted on: 2005/8/1 23:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/28 20:47
From Wayne BTW Jersey/Barrow
Group:
Registered Users
Great- now all I can think of is stopping by and getting ice cream... I guess there are worse things that can happen

Posted on: 2005/8/1 19:44
... When life gives you lemons - Make Lemontini's!!

Dennis Deyoung is a musical genius

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/14 14:12
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The tamarindo sherbet (they don't call their stuff "sorbet"--in fact, I think they say "sherbert", but I'll only go so far....) is fantastic. I've been working my way through their selection, last week getting to the guava and lemon sherbets. Both very good, the lemon oddly creamy. Unfortunately, they've jettisoned their chocolate ice for some reason--it was excellent! If I have a complaint, flavor-wise, it's with a general lack of intensity. The ube (purple yam) ice cream needs more ube-oomph; same with the langka (jackfruit).

I would like to see them change their pint containers to a decent material from the current cheap styrofoam (all too easy to plunge one's spoon through the side) and the tops to a stronger plastic (these ones tend to freeze and shatter when you try to peel them off).

But yeah, a wonderful place and every single person working there who I've encountered has been exceedingly pleasant.

Almost forgot, last Wednesday when it was about 180 degrees out there, a watermelon slush from Torico's was the only way I obtained the required fuel to plod the rest of the way home!

Posted on: 2005/8/1 19:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/19 1:13
Group:
Registered Users
I agree - a great downtown establishment.

BTW - I once served the avocado ice cream with crabmeat as a first course - very elegant and delicious.

Posted on: 2005/8/1 19:19
Yes,we have no bananas.
(Silver & Cohn, 1923)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I don't want this little secret to get out...I love their ice cream...I'll probably be there tonight...

it IS all home-made and so delicious!

Posted on: 2005/8/1 19:07

Torico's Ice Cream
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/15 3:01
From Maplewood
Group:
Registered Users
I am new to this board and I am not sure if peope have written about Torico's Ice Cream Shop, on 1st Street and Erie, but I thought I would give my two cents.

First of all the outisde does not have a sign and I never stepped foot into the place until I lived in JC for 5 years (that was 3 years ago). Even though it has the charm of a 1970's dairy queen, it has some of the greatest ice cream I have ever had. It is all home made and they have over 50 different flavors. Some of my favorites are pumpkin, peanut butter vanilla, avacado (not what you would think), and blueberry cheesecake.

The place is very clean and the people behind the counter are quite nice. You owe it to yourself to give it a try.

Posted on: 2005/8/1 18:47

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017