Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Re: Dan Levin in talks to run with Healy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Will Candice ever venture out to speak for herself ?

Posted on: 2012/10/12 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
And even more recently - just over a year to the day ago, Dan said this - in his open letter to the JCI:

Dear Editor:
Property taxes are too high and getting higher, the level of crime is unacceptable, and our city is run like it is 1911 and not 2011.

Corruption, double dipping, patronage and cronyism are interfering with the city?s ability to thrive and move forward. Fleeing residents has led to the dismal 3 percent population growth reflected in the decennial 2010 Census despite a development boom of historic proportions.

I am running for Jersey City Council At-Large in the November 8 special election with a simple mission: to improve the decisions made by our city. I will bring a clear, common sense vision and sound management approach to help solve our problems and build on our opportunities. The needs of the residents will be central to my considerations and actions.

Hard to reconcile that abrupt of an about face in just twelve months time, no?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
jcmiles wrote: The choice is Dan Levin:
a parent-teacher-partnership board member,
campaigned on behalf of Parents for Progress? candidates in last April?s Board of Education election,
15 years of service working with various community groups, past president of the Harsimus Cove Association (fought for your community space around Grove PATH),
co-founded Civic JC (Pay to Play Reform architects!),
co-founded Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy,
co-founded Bike JC, (this is only a partial record . . .)

and Candice Osbourne, who has done . . . what?

Candice Osbourne has not said both these statements publicly:

?Given Mayor Jerramiah Healy?s confirmation that he is indeed the ?JC Official 4? cited in FBI criminal complaints, we call for his immediate resignation, as well as that of Council President Mariano Vega. The implication that both men have engaged in activities that compromise their ethical responsibilities to their constituents warrants their immediate removal from office,? - Dan Levin

?Every day, Mayor Healy is working hard to make life better for all who call Jersey City home, who work here, and who are raising their families here. That?s why Mayor Healy has won so many people over. That?s why he won me over. And that is why I am proud to join the Healy Team.? - Dan Levin

JCMiles - Was Dan lying in the prior statement or his statement now? If both are true, does Dan think that compromising ethical responsibilities helps JC families? Or did the Mayor not work hard during those days he compromised his ethical responsibilities? Or does Dan not understand what the words "every day" mean? Please do tell.

So either Dan is a liar, not morally sound, dumb, or a combo of all three. All options disqualify him from receiving my vote

Posted on: 2012/10/11 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JamesBeard wrote:
I was one of the 300 or so people that voted for Levin before, mostly on his anti-Healy platform. I don't know anything else about him. I don't follow politics. I just hate corruption. So, now that he's pro-Healy, he's not getting my vote again.

I think "I don't follow politics" pretty much sums it up.

So 300 self-righteous do-gooders end up not voting for Levin because they think he should be above the idea of "winning."

The 1,500 party line voters will more than make up for that.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 20:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Don't underestimate the first posters. First post often means a longtime lurker who is finally disgusted enough to speak up.

Who is Dan running against? Is it only Candice Osbourne? She seems like a good person with good intentions.

I'll take young blood and inexperience over someone who has given up on reform and joined forces with the ringleader of JC corruption.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 19:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GWeasley wrote:
I for one am really disappointed and a bit shocked by Dan's going to the dark side. I have known him for several years. I always found him to be kind of annoying and self righteous but never imagined that he turned out to be such a fraud.

Really GWeasley? First post? You signed up to jclist just to trash Dan?
I'm just going to ignore first posters here either way. They just appear to me like brainless minions hired to sign up to various websites and trash anyone not blessed by Lord Fulop. It takes more than one reformer to get things done.

The choice is Dan Levin:
a parent-teacher-partnership board member,
campaigned on behalf of Parents for Progress? candidates in last April?s Board of Education election,
15 years of service working with various community groups,
past president of the Harsimus Cove Association (fought for your community space around Grove PATH),
co-founded Civic JC (Pay to Play Reform architects!),
co-founded Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy,
co-founded Bike JC,
(this is only a partial record . . .)

and Candice Osbourne, who has done . . . what?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 17:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/29 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
You have our vote Dan. We look forward to hearing some fresh ideas on how we can continue to move this city in the right direction. I <3 JC

Posted on: 2012/10/11 17:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/1 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
I for one am really disappointed and a bit shocked by Dan's going to the dark side. I have known him for several years. I always found him to be kind of annoying and self righteous but never imagined that he turned out to be such a fraud.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 17:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
I was one of the 300 or so people that voted for Levin before, mostly on his anti-Healy platform. I don't know anything else about him. I don't follow politics. I just hate corruption. So, now that he's pro-Healy, he's not getting my vote again.

I might sound like a troll, but I'm being honest.

Also, One-ball, you sound like a lunatic calling everyone out to reveal themselves and claiming conspiracy. There's no conspiracy. Everyone is independently turned off by Levin's flip-flop.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
What it really boils down to is this: This guy has run a number of times unsuccessfully. The people did not vote for him. Not because he was an independent, the people simply did not vote for him. But he refuses to accept this. The philosophy that he needs to hold office via the ticket he was so outspoken about is ludicrous. Where does one draw the line. Should someone have joined the nazis to change their ways from within. What a load of crap. This guy just can't take the hits to his ego. He could've continued to run for as long as he wanted to, and if his message stayed the same, I would've voted for him. But running on the SAME TICKET, sitting next to the EXACT GUY you so opposed is insane. Good luck trying to dupe everyone Dan.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
To Bright Moments

I have never seen Candice at council meetings, although she has a picture of herself on a flyer saying she spoke against taxes, really? While crime is an issue so is development, traffic, taxes, abatements, city's bonding debt, etc. I could go on and list more. The public has not heard from Candice. Which is the reason I do like Dan. I have to cut this short so I can now donate to Dan's campaign.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 16:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 5:21
Group:
Registered Users
My, my, my! So many brother trolls coming out of the closet!

NiceTroll wants everyone to be happy. NiceTroll wants everyone to post responsibly. NiceTroll sends a big hug to fellow trolls, especially HCDeadO.

OneOBall, you do a very good imitation, so you get my love, too!

NiceTroll

Posted on: 2012/10/11 16:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/19 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Brilliant move all around. Anyone who thought I was on my way out - I'M BACK, BABY!!!

Posted on: 2012/10/11 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Most of this discussion seems to focus on Dan: "Holy crap, the political lamb has decided to lay down with the lion!" Do you really think Dan's going to flop around like a netted fish?

Look at it the other way: Why's Healy not only giving Dan the time of day, but is actually running with the guy on his team? Think maybe this is a defensive move? Maybe Healy thinks Fullop's got a shot and wants some vaccine on his ticket.

And surely folks on JCList don't think you HAVE to vote a straight ticket. You're allowed to pick people from different slates.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
BrightMoment wrote: Ingrid Bergman's The Seventh Seal The tired knight challenges Death to a chess game to determine his fate. Resized Image http://www.mayorhealy.com/mayor-healy ... er-of-2013-council-slate/
It's Jersey City, so it would be more like this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOe0H4nuSgw

Posted on: 2012/10/11 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The Fulopettes are annoyed because this is the one and only scenario under which they are likely to lose Ward-E.

Lavarro played a similar political game hitching to Richardson and it worked, he got in and is fighting the good fight.

I recall some on here criticising Lavarro at the time saying he should have run with Levin or another reform candidate - in which case last night's vote would have been 6-2 instead of 5-3.

Ignore the slates and vote Fulop + Levin!

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
In a perfect world, I would love it if he could run as an independent and win in a clean sweep. In a perfect world, he would. But in a corrupt land where patronage and money rule the game, he doesn't stand a chance.

I understand the rage at his decision. If I didn't know him personally, I would feel the same way. But I do know him. Dan ran two campaigns that way. He has been backed into the corner of running another losing campaign or putting his name on a ticket that must be killing him, but might actually put him into office, where he can finally make a difference.

What would you do?

What I personally am going to do is not vote for someone (however wonderful they may be) that is using the worst of the worst to hold a public office. Your rationale for voting for him is the problem with politics in this country at its core. People in bed with this person, and that person in bed with another person. All the while we sheep are supposed to believe the person you think is great is only there to "fix things." Please. Give me a break. I think maybe you spent a little TOO MUCH time in local politics. It sounds like you're part of the machine/problem. All I've seen you do is ask for people's names. Talk about an ego. Who are you to judge what a person is capable or incapable of grasping in politics? You sound like you've been part of this "machine" you want to get rid of. And I for one, don't buy it for a second. Good luck convincing others that the Healy ticket is the way to go.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
HAHAHAHAHA... not only will I not be voting for Healy/Levin, I will now do everything I can to sway others to do the same. Something must be in the water in this town that turns everyone into corrupt slimeballs.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
?Given Mayor Jerramiah Healy?s confirmation that he is indeed the ?JC Official 4? cited in FBI criminal complaints, we call for his immediate resignation, as well as that of Council President Mariano Vega. The implication that both men have engaged in activities that compromise their ethical responsibilities to their constituents warrants their immediate removal from office,?

Whoever said that is completely right! I bet he or her is still for Healy's resignation.

Oh wait, that was Dan Levin and now he is running on Healy's ticket and says this about Healy,

?Every day, Mayor Healy is working hard to make life better for all who call Jersey City home, who work here, and who are raising their families here. That?s why Mayor Healy has won so many people over. That?s why he won me over. And that is why I am proud to join the Healy Team.?

Are there two Dan Levins or does "engaging in activities that compromise ethical responsibilities" make "like better for all who call Jersey City home, work here, and who are raising families here."

Hey Dan, Otis, or any other Dan Levin supporter, can any of you answer that question for me? Thanks, but no thanks.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 6:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/16 23:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
?I?m looking forward to working with Mayor Healy,? said Levin. ?Every day, Mayor Healy is working hard to make life better for all who call Jersey City home, who work here, and who are raising their families here. That?s why Mayor Healy has won so many people over. That?s why he won me over. And that is why I am proud to join the Healy Team.?

This would have been a good story for April Fools Day. Instead, it's sad and disappointing.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 5:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Ingrid Bergman's The Seventh Seal The tired knight challenges Death to a chess game to determine his fate. Resized Image http://www.mayorhealy.com/mayor-healy ... er-of-2013-council-slate/

Posted on: 2012/10/11 4:05
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
At least Dan Levin attended the council meeting on the plan affecting Van Vorst Park area, but where was Candice? Not attending meetings after you announce for office tells a lot about commitment. I just see commitment just from Dan.

Candice was with me meeting at 700 Grove on crime & safety.

Unlike those who just posture appearance as commitment, Candice meets with those neighbors who have problems they are concerned about where they live.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 3:37
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Uh - Candice was there. You know where she wasn't though? Running down Grove street holding hands with the mayor singing musicals.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
At least Dan Levin attended the council meeting on the plan affecting Van Vorst Park area, but where was Candice? Not attending meetings after you announce for office tells a lot about commitment. I just see commitment just from Dan.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Hey pinkowitz, Sebastian saw this and hasn't stopped laughing for 5 minutes.

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/10/11 3:06
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Ah yes, you got me... the fact that I was an activist before I knew who Fulop was and continue to be an advocate in many areas, I must be speaking only as a 15 month employee of the City where I worked as a council aide in Steve's office... you got me. I've been found out.

I could call you just a dog walker and belittle or try to undermine you as such. But I know how hard you have advocated for LHS while it was in a horrible position and many volunteers stayed away. I know you to be loyal and honest.
I know you have very strong views and are willing to stand your ground and fight.

So I won't belittle you, but thanks for showing that if you can't actually defend the issues and talk about what is really is happening here then call the person fat, i mean a troll, i mean an ex employee, i mean naive because only you have real knowledge and as the only "clean" and independent activist here you are the only one who knows that Dan is really a great guy who is using Healy and will turn this queen mary around within generations!

Bravo, you sure put me in my place.

Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
Dan Levin's warped narrative? Sour grapes? Strong language from a former Fulop employee.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 3:04
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
The kicker is that it passed 6-3 and one of those six yes votes was Michelle Massey - the Ward F council person Dan has been touting in the upcoming special election for the seat.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 2:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Right on cue came a great example at tonight's council meeting why the Levin/Healy pairing is doomed:

Tonight the council considered a massive zoning change to Liberty Harbor North... that will allow buildings to rise as high as 55 stories and increase the number of residents considerably. The beneficiaries of this upzoning are the owners of the Tramz hotel site (who are being granted a large increase to their prior approval) by the fact that their site would be worth a whole lot more. Tramz and the folks to whom they are flipping their property (Fischer Brothers) have all been significant contributors to Healy over a several year period.

If the old Dan Levin were still alive, he would have supported the Van Vorst Community Association in their opposition as they stood up against the zoning change. The new go along, get along Dan Levin sat at the council meeting in silence with the business administrator.

Sheesh, that didn't take long.

But, I am sure there is a reasonable explanation. Why would the Van Vorst Community Association have their collective knickers in a twist over several thousand more people flooding into Liberty Harbor North. They are prolly just complaining about nothing. Never mind about this, Dan.

And, I also don't understand why people would be upset that Healy campaign contributors get to flip properties at taxpayer expense. Buncha whiners.

Don't worry about this one either. This is how it will work in the new (old) JC.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 2:51
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/19 16:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crockofsomething wrote:
Take away the principles, and what's left?

crockofsomething?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 2:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/18 23:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
Dan has run for office twice and ended up in the hole.

We're agreed that Dan is a political loser.

He used to be a loser with principles.

Take away the principles, and what's left?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 2:25

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017