Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Assault in broad daylight in Paulus Hook, looking for the hoodlum
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kellyh wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I wonder if there is any CCTV in the area they might have captured an image of him coming or going from the area.

You should call the JCPD and ask if they thought of that. Try the non-emergency number at 201-547-5477.

I wouldn't call for that the operator can't answer those questions it's not worth tying up the emergency phone lines. I would bring this up at your next police Captain's Meeting in your district. The next one in the Heights which is for the North District is this Thursday October 18th at PS #28 at 7pm.

Posted on: 2012/10/14 8:05
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/25 1:25
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

I wonder if there is any CCTV in the area they might have captured an image of him coming or going from the area.

You should call the JCPD and ask if they thought of that. Try the non-emergency number at 201-547-5477.

Posted on: 2012/10/14 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
There is no doubt this ass-hole needs to locked up. Assault is one thing, but assault on a woman with a baby is something totally different. I hope they get this prick.

Posted on: 2012/10/13 23:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
The dog is a a blonde Labrador mix, very sweet dog. The NJ.com article is very lacking of details of what actually happened. Police has decided to ignore it, said to the woman, that without any name of the assailant, they are doing nothing. It is up to us to find this guy before he hurts someone else, or his wife turns up as mulch. Sounds like a time bomb ticking in Paulus Hook, Jersey City.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I know the woman, she is very nice, small in stature, her dog is old... my understanding is she was walking by this couple and the man was verbally abusing the wife in front of the young boy. It sounded to me like she was in the wrong place/wrong time and the verbal abuse escalated to physical assault on passerby... not sure what words were exchanged but the man was already out of control with his wife when he attacked the my friend.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 22:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
If he spoke to her about leaving her dog poop and then she threatened him with her dog and got in his face like a Snooki, it would be understandable for him to punch her.

It would always be better to avoid violence. But she might have pushed it to happen.

The guy was probably a cop or ex-military with a short temper. Maybe it happened as she says, but I'll reserve judgment until there's proof.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 20:25

Re: Pick-up or Beat-up
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
Is there actually a good reason to assault someone?

Posted on: 2012/10/10 20:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
The Korean war memorial is for Americans not Koreans. You don't know that he was Polish or Russian and not American. You don't know that she was not the one who instigated the violence. There's another side to this story. People don't usually assault others for no good reason.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JamesBeard wrote:
We only have one side of the story. Maybe she did leave the poop. Maybe the guy spoke politely to her about it and she then turned violent with her pit bull. Maybe he was just defending his wife and child.

Someone who would walk their dog on a war memorial might not be trustworthy.

Just sayin... innocent (or hero) until proven guilty.

Yes because those Poles are always defending the Koreans and beating a woman is always the better option than just walking away. I am going to assume that you are being facetious and provocative.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 19:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/25 1:25
Group:
Banned
Thanks for your analysis, detective.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Could be a case of mistake of mistaken identy, or the "victim" had a ongoing dispute with the assailant. Maybe the guy was just a nut and picked his victim at random.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 11:02
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Woman attacked while walking dog at noon on Jersey City waterfront

Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 3:00 AM
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 3:03 AM
By Ken Thorbourne/The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City woman told police that she was walking her dog near the Korean War Memorial around noon Friday when a 6-foot man she didn?t know started yelling at her, according to police reports.

The woman said when she asked the man what was wrong, he punched her in the face and pushed her to the ground, police reports said. The man then punched her breasts numerous times and spit in her face twice, the victim said, according to reports.

The victim said she heard the stranger?s wife pleading with him to stop, which he did and fled the scene.

Full JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... cked_while_walking_d.html

Posted on: 2012/10/10 10:55

Assault in broad daylight in Paulus Hook, looking for the hoodlum
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
On Monday 10/8 at 12:45 pm woman walking her dog (lives in JC) got assaulted at the Paulus Hook park, near the bend by the Colgate clock by a man, which she describes as Russian or Polish, tall, white and was wearing a white jacket and a ski cap. Also, he was with his wife, a tall blond woman, wearing a green parka and a small 1 or 2 year old son. He was screaming and fighting with his wife, before he decided it was ok to beat above said woman into the ground and kick her several times in her chest and abdomen, leaving her badly bruised and hurt. Just because he thought she was not picking up after her Dog...!
People called the police and ambulance; the woman ran away with her child, doing nothing for the hurt one; and the guy ran away shortly after that, when he realized the police was coming. They, the man, the woman, and the child, live around the Light Horse Tavern area in Paulus Hook.
PLEASE, PLEASE, if you know anybody that matches this man and his family description; please think about it and let the police know; 'cause if he did this to a dog walking person; we can only imagine the "hell-hole" his wife lives in.

Jersey City is supposed to be a safe neighborhood for families and people alike... please help keep it that way! Please pass it on to your Jersey City friends and groups.

If you have any details please call JCPD (201-547-5477) and refer to file 24242-12.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 1:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017