Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New parking meters in Jersey City accept credit cards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Why is it that cityhall's only proactive departments revolves around generating revenue ?

I'm hoping these 'sensors' are embedded into the road (haven't looked yet), if so, I have a jammer / blocker that will interfere with them for less then $20.

I've used it in another city with the parking officer standing next to me, confirming it rendered his citation issuing machine useless with a 50 feet radius of my device swithed on - The device is switched 'on' and left in the car, when parked.

The sensor (if the same) is using bluetooth technology and my device shuts down the officers citation machine and prevents the sensor communicating with their machine.

Posted on: 2012/9/28 9:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: New parking meters in Jersey City accept credit cards
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
about time. i love this type of meter way more than the damn "receipt in dashboard" type all over central ave and newark ave

Posted on: 2012/9/28 4:17

New parking meters in Jersey City accept credit cards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
New parking meters in Jersey City accept credit cards, but no more parking on someone else's quarter

Thursday, September 27, 2012, 3:44 PM
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

There?s good and bad news for motorists now that Jersey City has installed 48 new parking meters along Montgomery Street.

The good news: you can use coins or a credit card to pay at each meter, and you won?t have to run back to your car to put a receipt on your dashboard.

The bad news: sensors will zero out the meters when a car leaves a spot, meaning no more piggybacking on the previous parker?s quarter.

The new meters, located along Montgomery between Warren and Greene streets near the Waterfront, are on a 90-day trial period, with city officials saying they will see after three months whether they should install the meters in other parts of the city.

The meters have been fully functional for the past two weeks.

Mayor Jerramiah Healy said in a press release the meters are an effort to "provide more efficient and convenient parking alternatives" for residents, businesses and visitors.

?We encourage our residents and visitors to use these new meters and provide feedback so we can further improve our parking meter system throughout the city," Healy said.

The city will incur no new costs for the meters, which are simply the old parking meters with new heads and mechanisms, during the trial period, said city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill.

Parking Authority Executive Director Mary Paretti said the meters have a four-hour maximum limit, up from two hours. The parking rate is now the same for coin or credit-card usage, but there could be a fee in the future for using a credit card, Paretti said.

The new meters will not accept debit-card payments.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... g_meters_in_downtown.html

Posted on: 2012/9/28 2:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017