Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City woman tells cops she was robbed by 3 teens in street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mjcbklyn wrote:
that absolutely is not what is on everyones mind... some may agree with you, but others do not so please don't assume you speak for all downtown or JC residents.

however i do agree about enforcing the light rail tickets. i don't ride it often, but whenever i do, i buy a ticket, and it NEVER once has gotten checked.

i'm glad our neighbors are for the most part okay.

we could use more police patrolling our area, i rarely see them at all. i understand its not the answer to every problem, but its a start. there have been a lot of people hanging around in van vorst park late at night, and not just people who have been sleeping there, but kids. perhaps if the curfew was enforced and we had more visible patrols we could avoid things like this becoming a bigger problem.

seems to be a string of incidents like these that become more noticeable every so often. a few years ago a couple of kids were attacking women who were alone, knocking them down and stealing their stuff. they were arrested after three or four attacks.

VanVorst Park has too many areas where people can hang out unseen. Parks, like businesses, should have clear sight lines so cops on patrol can keep an eye on things. Hamilton Park has become a bit of a hang-out for high school kids in the childrens playground. They hang out in the jungle gyms and behind the wall where they can't be seen. One advantage to HP is the amount of neighbors/dog-walkers who are out there in massive numbers.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 22:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:24
Group:
Registered Users
that absolutely is not what is on everyones mind... some may agree with you, but others do not so please don't assume you speak for all downtown or JC residents.

however i do agree about enforcing the light rail tickets. i don't ride it often, but whenever i do, i buy a ticket, and it NEVER once has gotten checked.

i'm glad our neighbors are for the most part okay.

we could use more police patrolling our area, i rarely see them at all. i understand its not the answer to every problem, but its a start. there have been a lot of people hanging around in van vorst park late at night, and not just people who have been sleeping there, but kids. perhaps if the curfew was enforced and we had more visible patrols we could avoid things like this becoming a bigger problem.

seems to be a string of incidents like these that become more noticeable every so often. a few years ago a couple of kids were attacking women who were alone, knocking them down and stealing their stuff. they were arrested after three or four attacks.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

emileigh23 wrote:
... chased by would be attackers. .... She was able to identify that one of the attackers had a leg brace.

I kinda think someone may be pulling my leg.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
I'm going to go ahead and say what's on everyone's mind:

These kids are either:

1) From some of the worst high schools that are still in downtown JC area (I'm talking about you - Ferris and Dickinson)

2) From other areas of JC and get to downtown JC by taking the light rail. - Notice how these muggings are all around the marin light rail stop.

So the solution is simple

To address #1, possible solutions:

1) Make both a magnet high school, this will displace those who don't want to learn and think high school is a daycare center

2) Close down the schools

3) Privatize the schools

To Address #2, possible solutions:

1) Enforce tickets on the light rail! No ticket, jail time!
2) In addition with 1, charge higher fares.

The violence in downtown is messing up the only chance JC has to make it as a viable alternative to NYC...

Posted on: 2012/9/14 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
It's the thugs Vs the good people don't let these little devils ruin you neighborhood this is your territory not theirs. Carry mace with you. And by the way anyone that looks out of place probably is.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 18:29
Get on your bikes and ride !

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/10 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
There was another incident in the Bright/Varick area. Last night around midnight, a female was walking towards her building and was chased by would be attackers. She managed to safely get inside her building, but the attackers did try to break open the doors as well as try to break the windows. She was able to identify that one of the attackers had a leg brace. Please be villigant!

Posted on: 2012/9/14 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Trust me this is only going to get worst b4 it gets better... Until JC enforces its curfew laws this wont be the last of this type of muggings.

Stay safe JC.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 19:36

Jersey City woman tells cops she was robbed by 3 teens in street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Another downtown mugging, this time on Bright st! Sounds very similar to the 5th street mugging:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... woman_tells_cops_s_2.html

Posted on: 2012/8/28 19:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017