Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Exhibition Review: Tabula Rasa at Curious Matter
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/11 16:39
Group:
Registered Users
Artist Aim?e Burg organized Tabula Rasa, the current show at Curious Matter in downtown Jersey City. On view until September 16, the exhibition features nine artists, many of whom hail from the MFA program at Yale University. Participating artists include Sam Anderson, Lorraine Dauw, Frank De Leon-Jones, Tamar Ettun, Shanti Grumbine, Nate Heiges, Steven Paneccasio, Monika Sziladi and Catherine Telford-Keogh.

Before I discuss the show, I want to talk about boxing, a subject that I hold close to my heart. The size of a boxing ring often determines the style of a prizefight, if not its outcome. The larger ring fosters free-flowing action that takes place all over the canvas, as the boxer pirouettes around his opponent one minute, only to throw a four-punch combination to the head the next moment. The smaller ring, by contrast, encourages nose-to-nose action, which favors short, deliberate punches to the kidney, liver and abdomen. It?s as intimate as it is brutal.

To continue this post, click here: http://hyperallergic.com/56252/a-blan ... -and-some-curious-matter/

Posted on: 2012/9/5 13:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017