Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Woman jumps from moving PATH train, hospitalized in New York, authorities say
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 16:27
Group:
Registered Users
Yep, took me 2 hours to get home (Grove St) from 33rd Street that night. I was on what would've been the 11:57 train.

The train was held at 33rd for "police activity," then tracks switched, then held some more. (Presumably bc they were looking for her on tracks.)

Then allowed to leave. (Presumably bc they found her and cleared tracks?)

But, slams to sudden stop between 9th and Christopher because there she is, sitting on the tracks after all!

The conductor/police confusion and miscommunication was scary. And yeah, I know I'm only seeing a small slice of the situation but all this time after 9/11 and all the money for "homeland security," it was obvious we are not safe on those trains. The bag-checks and "security guards" are theater. How could it be that easy for a person to get on, and stay on, the tracks?

(And really, how do you jump off a moving train between stations? She pried the doors open, jumped out and didn't hit the wall / get squished between the wall and the train?)

Fellow riders remained pretty calm and nice to each other, so that was good to see!

Posted on: 2012/8/30 21:50

Woman jumps from moving PATH train, hospitalized in New York, authorities say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A woman who apparently jumped off a moving PATH train after taking a bottle of pills today has been admitted to Bellevue Hospital in New York for observation, officials said today.
A passenger told Port Authority police that at 12:10 a.m. a 36-year-old woman consumed the pills and jumped off the moving 33rd Street train between the Ninth and 14th street stations in Manhattan, Port Authority Police spokesman Al Della Fave said.

Power to the tracks was immediately turned off and PAPD officers and canines searched for the woman, eventually finding her sitting on the tracks with no evident injuries, Della Fave said.

She was put back on a train and taken to the Christopher Street Station, Della Fave said, adding that emergency medical technicians took her to the hospital where she was admitted to the psychological ward.
An empty bottle of medicine was recovered by police and turned over to the hospital, Della Fave said. No additional information on the woman's identity was available, nor was information on the type of medicine she may have taken, Della Fave said.

Electrical power on the 33rd Street line was off from about 12:10 a.m. to 1 a.m., Della Fave said.Path Train Jumper

Posted on: 2012/8/29 20:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017