Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Re: JC Post Office - Be Very Afraid
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
In my building, our mail carrier has seen fit to stuff our letters/packages/magazines into the corresponding pigeon holes while forgetting to lock the bracket that secures the face of the mailboxes. So, in theory, my neighbor(s) could help themselves to my 401(k) statements, subscription to Mad Magazine, and Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes notifications whenever they felt like it because without the front being locked in place, it's just the same as not having a secured mailbox in the first place! And all it would take is an extra 3 seconds for him to check and lock the damned thing. Of course, this has happened multiple times over the last year and a half, but bringing the issue to the attention of building management has been just as useless. "Yeah, we'll let him know next time..." These "incidents" continue to highlight the rampant apathy within the Postal Service. All you have to do is deliver the mail, but if you can't even manage that... {shudders} Seems like a rarity for anyone to take pride in doing anything nowadays.

Posted on: 2012/8/23 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Nice, more great press for jersey city...

we also made the second column of drudge report....which is not a good thing =\

Posted on: 2012/8/23 2:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/14 15:48
Group:
Registered Users
The Vroom Street Mail delay made the local news tonight:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/2 ... -for-some-in-jersey-city/

Posted on: 2012/8/23 2:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
"The United States Postal Service is apologizing to the residents of a Jersey City apartment building after a city post office didn?t deliver mail to them for an entire week."

- Really? Nobody from the Post Office has ever apologized or admitted any wrongdoing in relation to this matter.

Follow up: After speaking to my super, I realized the post office didn't "find" a key. My super gave them a copy after I told him what was going on. If the key was the real issue, the post office could have gotten a hold of the super earlier in the week. They lied about finding the key, and continue to cover their mistake by claiming our regular carrier was on vacation. It makes no sense.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 15:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
The Main Post Office is the worst. Tried several times to speak with a supervisor or manager and even waited around for an hour and nothing. Ask the clerks there & they laugh about talking to anyone. Left my phone number too several times & never got a call.

Be very scared........

Posted on: 2012/8/22 13:32

Re: Mail delivery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
I live on Seventh too and the mail has been spotty the past few weeks. For the past few Saturdays we have had the same woman delivering mail. She basically delivers to every other house and expects the houses she actually delivers to to distribute the mail to the other houses. You think I am making this up? Nope, I've been giving mail out all week. When I moved here 5 years ago I got a box at the UPS store. Smartest thing I ever did.
The Jersey City post office is a disgrace, pure and simple.

Another 7th story: called up a tenant in the Heights to ask where's the rent, he said he mailed it 2 weeks ago! I think something similar happened to an tenants automatic payment this time last year. It appeared weeks later, all crumpled up.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The United States Postal Service is apologizing to the residents of a Jersey City apartment building after a city post office didn?t deliver mail to them for an entire week.
The Vroom Street apartment building, home to about 60 units, went for the week without mail because its regular letter carrier was on vacation and the Bergen Avenue post office couldn?t find its key to get into the building.

A 36-year-old resident, who asked not to be named, said one of his paychecks was supposed to be delivered to him last week, but it sat instead inside the Bergen Avenue post office, along with all his neighbors? mail, because of the missing key.

A location scout for the entertainment industry, the resident said he can?t fathom why the substitute mail carrier didn?t ask a resident of the building to open the front door or buzz the building?s super.

?If anybody put in a minimal amount of effort they could have of course gotten into our building,? the resident said.
The six-story apartment building, called Van Reypen Arms, sits at the corner of Vroom and Van Reypen streets.
USPS spokesman George Flood apologized for the mishap, and said it?s not USPS policy to skip delivering mail when a regular carrier is on vacation. The Bergen Avenue post office was alerted to the missing key last Friday, and delivered the mail on Saturday, Flood said.

?First and foremost, we certainly apologize for the interruption of delivery service to our customers,? Flood said.
The regular mail carrier was back on duty yesterday, he added.NO Mail

Posted on: 2012/8/21 21:17

Re: Mail delivery - NOT
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
The Bergen Ave office is the one that serves my building.
For the last WEEK, I wasn't receiving any mail. No junk mail, bills, or anything. I became concerned and after talking to a few neighbors, it turned out nobody in my building was receiving any mail either.

I called the post office, and was told that they "lost" they key to our front door. That was their excuse. Our regular carrier was also "on vacation" and there was no way to get into our building to deliver the mail to about 60 apartments.

"Really? Your carrier couldn't buzz the super? Your carrier couldn't wait a minute until someone was leaving or exiting the building? Your carrier couldn't leave a notice to let the residents know to go pick up their mail?"

They had no proper answer, but told me I was the first person to call in from my building. I guess nothing would have happened until someone called. Also, when I went in person to pick up my mail (which oddly wasn't sorted yet after a whole week of piling up), I was told they "found" our key and that mail would resume.

I spoke with the manager at the post office, who seemed pretty apathetic. I was thinking of taking this to the post master general, because I don't think how the local post office handled our building's mail was right, and possibly not even legal.

The End. For now.

Posted on: 2012/8/19 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
I live on Seventh too and the mail has been spotty the past few weeks. For the past few Saturdays we have had the same woman delivering mail. She basically delivers to every other house and expects the houses she actually delivers to to distribute the mail to the other houses. You think I am making this up? Nope, I've been giving mail out all week. When I moved here 5 years ago I got a box at the UPS store. Smartest thing I ever did.
The Jersey City post office is a disgrace, pure and simple.

Posted on: 2012/8/19 2:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
I barely ever get mail here.

In Brooklyn, I was getting wads of mail every day, most of it magazines or credit card offers, but now that I'm in JC I literally get one piece of mail every other day. Sometimes 2 days will go by and there is nothing in my mailbox. I guess I don't care since most mail is junk anyway, but it is weird.

Also, NONE of my mail from my old place has been forwarded, even though I put in mail forwarding twice, once online and once in person, called both the Brooklyn office and the JC office, and they said they would "work on it." Then I decided to just forget about it, all the mail I am missing out on probably is not that important anyway; and I just changed my address on my important stuff. If someone with my old address is that desperate to get in touch with me (old bills, etc) they'll just have to come and find me some other way, lol.

Posted on: 2012/8/18 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I live uptown, but the same is happening to me. And, a local office in my neighborhood had a complete cessation of mail service for three days. The Post Office had no explanation...

Let's see if anyone else (from around the city) is experiencing issues.

Posted on: 2012/8/17 19:34
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Mail delivery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
I live on seventh street. For the past week, I have noticed that I have not gotten mail or very little. I usually get junk, bills, magazines etc.

I just called the post office. The woman told me the usual postal person was on vacation. I have to call back tomorrow morning.

Anybody else on seventh or downtown have this happen? Did you get your mail back?!

Posted on: 2012/8/17 19:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/4 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
OMG.
This is so true. Come to think of it, Every time I receive something "important looking" mail, corners were ripped open!

I received letters from Hudson County 2 days in a row and they were both ripped open!

This is disturbing.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 20:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/1 12:26
Group:
Registered Users
I have also noticed that when i get my mail, one corner on a random envelope will be torn. It happens about 1-2 times a week. I did think it odd, but just sort of ignored it, now I'm a bit concerned. I will have to start keeping a closer eye! Also, we will have days where no mail comes. I know it's possible that we just may not have mail that day, but again, it occurs about 7 times a month, and I just don't believe that we have no mail that many times in a month! I am in a brownstone with three apts and we are on the first floor. Since the day we moved in, everyones mail is always placed in our box. So, I went out and got the sticker letters and put our name and "apt. 1" on our mailbox, but often we still get everyones mail. I am not sure if it is laziness or what, but it seems to frequent to just be an honest mistake! I live on Van Vorst park, so I guess the problems are not limited to one neighborhood!

Posted on: 2012/1/7 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
JerseyCityFrankie stole everyone's birthday money!

Posted on: 2012/1/6 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
If the tear is at any of the four corners of the left or right side of the envelope it could be evidence of theft. You can tear an innocuous 1/4" hole in one of the corners. Into the hole you insert something like a chopstick with a long slot cut down along its length. The slotted rod is inserted into the envelope through the small tear. The thief skewers the top or bottom edge of whatever piece of paper is inside the envelope. Twirling the chopstick tool now roles up the paper within the envelope into a tube small enough to withdraw the paper through the tiny hole in the envelope. Or at least, thats whit I have heard.
Apparently envelopes made of colored paper attract this sort of thief, as these envelopes often contain cards and a certain percentage of these cards will contain a gift of some sort.

Posted on: 2012/1/6 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LadyErie wrote:
Hi All, I have noticed that for the past few months, when I receive a letter thru USPS, the envelope has been partially torn. Is this happening to anybody else? I usually pick up the mail within a few minutes of it arriving. Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this.
I live around Hamilton Park on Erie street so curious to see if anyone else on this mail route has noticed partially torn or half-torn envelopes. Thanks, LadyErie

It has happened to me too sometimes with an apology from the USPS.

Posted on: 2012/1/6 17:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/17 21:25
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All,

I have noticed that for the past few months, when I receive a letter thru USPS, the envelope has been partially torn. Is this happening to anybody else? I usually pick up the mail within a few minutes of it arriving. Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this.

I live around Hamilton Park on Erie street so curious to see if anyone else on this mail route has noticed partially torn or half-torn envelopes.

Thanks,

LadyErie

Posted on: 2012/1/6 17:07

Re: Postal Workers -- They walk among us
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If you want to catch a thief you need to set a trap.
Buy and send yourself an inexpensive GPS device that you can track via your computer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smallest-Real ... ain_0&hash=item1e66319f33
somthing like this one - However some of you will be able to find something cheaper.
When wrapping the device to send it to yourself, place it in a larger box and write that's it a designer hand bag or something tempting - post it from Hoboken and see what happens !

Posted on: 2012/1/6 12:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Postal Workers -- They walk among us
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/24 3:13
From Wayne Wayne Wayne
Group:
Registered Users
Despite all recovery efforts, three Christmas packages picked up on December 13 (USPS flat rate, priority) are still missing. I'd frugally, carefully, and delightedly shopped since August, as well as baked goodies like mad. One of the items inside was a 150-year-old Native American moccasin. Nobody knows anything except that they were picked up before they vanished.

Oh, but I'm not bitter.

I'm just sayin'.

Next time, I'm using UPS.

Posted on: 2012/1/6 5:52

Re: Hey don't worry about small things...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

KeyboardJockey wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Post! Who cares about post!

Very soon the same kind of organization, with the same motivation to perform, same incentives, same responsibility and accountability, and same monopolisitic power - soon they will be running our health care.

They already do. It's called Medicare and it's well run with high satisfaction rates.

That's why seniors say: "Don't touch my medicare!"

A crappy local post office and a national medical program can't really be compared.

The funny thing about the "Don't touch my Medicare!" line is that the actual quote was "Keep your government hands off my Medicare!" This was screamed by a health care town hall attendee in South Carolina.

Posted on: 2011/11/16 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
But you know... the Seniors are saying don't touch our post office either.

FG

Posted on: 2011/11/16 4:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/31 19:15
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Very soon the same kind of organization, with the same motivation to perform, same incentives, same responsibility and accountability, and same monopolisitic power - soon they will be running our health care.

They already do. It's called Medicare and it's well run with high satisfaction rates.

That's why seniors say: "Don't touch my medicare!"

A crappy local post office and a national medical program can't really be compared.

Posted on: 2011/11/15 13:17

Hey don't worry about small things...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/11/15 12:09

Re: We don't get mail on Saturday's anymore...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/22 19:28
Group:
Registered Users
we always get mail that isn't ours. ALWAYS. like every day.

our mail box has been labeled with the tenants for over a year.

we put "return to sender" or "not at this address" on every one of them and put them back in the box, and they sit there.... for ever. mailman never takes them back.

isn't it more work to put the wrong mail in the mailbox? he knows who is at the address and that we don't want to hang on to mail that isn't ours...

Posted on: 2011/11/15 5:13

Re: We don't get mail on Saturday's anymore...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Well, actually they ended up delivering the mail today, if you call delivering stuffing all mail for an address and others in one mail box. Working hard to earn their taxpayer funded pensions I see.

Posted on: 2011/11/12 23:33

We don't get mail on Saturday's anymore...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
...is this a new Jersey City policy not to deliver mail on Saturday's or is it an interesting coincidence we never get mail on Saturday's but our mail on Monday's is always twice as large. Just wondering if we have a Saturday postal worker slacker or what.

Posted on: 2011/11/12 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I was in the Rite-Aid at 501 6th Avenue, on the corner of 6th Ave and West 13th St and I saw Amazon Lockers there.

http://gothamist.com/2011/09/23/amazo ... ing_tested_in.php#photo-1

http://agreatbigcity.com/amazon-locke ... ar-in-nyc-rite-aid-stores

Posted on: 2011/10/2 3:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/15 14:38
Group:
Registered Users
Yep the Bergen Ave. PO lost another package for me. Presented the pink notice card and the package is nowhere to be found. The clerk offers no explanation, apology, or help, just "give me your phone number". They lost 6 packages in 5 years....not very a good ratio. I'll just complain to the postmaster and get another form letter for my collection thanking me for bringing this to their attention. Its like a 3rd world postal system.....

Posted on: 2011/9/26 17:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/24 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
I have had (and still have) MAJOR problems getting my mail. We have never recieve birthday cards, postcards, and other random mailings we are told to expect and never arrive. I am also lucky if I have mail that is delivered more than 3 days a week, the whole thing is just crazy to me.

That said I have dealt with the Inspector down at the facility many times and she really does try and help (sends test mail pieces, follows up in a timely manner and she apparently even fired a few people during her investigation on our situation). She really is the only one who has their act together down there and recognizes there is a serious problem.

PM me and I can send you her contact info if needed!

Posted on: 2011/9/15 13:06

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017