Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Happy Ending in the Making
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/12 15:06
Group:
Registered Users
I can't help but think of this similar scene in the similar town of River City, Iowa: Trouble! In River City!!

Might I suggest our benevolent webmaster kill this topic. Prudish groupthink is embarrassing to read but also could really harm a small local business.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 11:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCActivist wrote:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... arges_in_jersey_city.html

Jersey City police closed a Downtown massage parlor and charged two New York women Friday evening with promoting prostitution, the city spokeswoman said today.

Residents in the area had complained to police about the high frequency of men entering and leaving the parlor, as well as other quality of life complaints emanating from the establishment, located in a residential neighborhood on Third Street off of Newark Avenue, city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said today.

An undercover detective who was sent into the massage parlor around 5 p.m. Friday was offered sexual services in exchange for money, at which time police entered the business and arrested the two women on prostitution charges, Morrill said.

Gerarda Reyes, 31, of Corona, New York, was charged with prostitution and promoting prostitution, while Evelyn Baradas-Olvera, 22, of Brooklyn, New York, was charged with promoting prostitution.

The investigation was led by the police department's Special Investigations Unit.

Oh wow, they shut the place down! I feel so much safer in Jersey City now! Of course, now that the place is shut down, there is no way in the world that another place, offering similar services, will open up another three doors or so down the street. No, Jersey City has rid itself of the terrible crime of prostitution forever!

No one will ever pay for sex again in this town, and this town is now so much better off. I think the value of my home just went up by $20,000! Yippee! No need to worry about prostitution anymore, and I wasn't concerned about violent crimes in Jersey City anyway - the police need not concern themselves with that.

Posted on: 2013/8/4 23:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/12 0:31
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... arges_in_jersey_city.html

Jersey City police closed a Downtown massage parlor and charged two New York women Friday evening with promoting prostitution, the city spokeswoman said today.

Residents in the area had complained to police about the high frequency of men entering and leaving the parlor, as well as other quality of life complaints emanating from the establishment, located in a residential neighborhood on Third Street off of Newark Avenue, city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said today.

An undercover detective who was sent into the massage parlor around 5 p.m. Friday was offered sexual services in exchange for money, at which time police entered the business and arrested the two women on prostitution charges, Morrill said.

Gerarda Reyes, 31, of Corona, New York, was charged with prostitution and promoting prostitution, while Evelyn Baradas-Olvera, 22, of Brooklyn, New York, was charged with promoting prostitution.

The investigation was led by the police department's Special Investigations Unit.

Posted on: 2013/8/4 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

And what about the spread of diseases and crab lice. Not to mention all the medicines you have to take along with the side effects it involves.

Yes. Close down massage parlors and all crab lice and diseases will cease to exist. Great idea. There's probably more crab lice and diseases in half the bars around here than in that massage parlor.

I agree...to an extent. However you can't get either with your clothes on compared what goes on at those parlors.

You may be right, but will closing down this particular parlor or any others prevent people from keeping their clothes on at a similar type of establishment that opens up (maybe by even the same people) at another address?

Making something illegal will not put an end to it, anyone that thinks so is living in a fantasy world.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

And what about the spread of diseases and crab lice. Not to mention all the medicines you have to take along with the side effects it involves.

Yes. Close down massage parlors and all crab lice and diseases will cease to exist. Great idea. There's probably more crab lice and diseases in half the bars around here than in that massage parlor.

I agree...to an extent. However you can't get either with your clothes on compared what goes on at those parlors.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 16:41
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2012/8/15 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
.[/quote]
Quote:

"And what about the spread of diseases and crab lice. Not to mention all the medicines you have to take along with the side effects it involves.[/quote]"

Then don't go, if that's what you're worried about. Anybody who goes to one of those places made the choice to go there and knows the risks. Do you think that shutting such a place down will prevent people from seeking out the services elsewhere and potentially get a disease at another place?

If the city is worried about places like this when there is violent crime and property theft going on, I want my money back (the property taxes I paid that is). Jeez.

People who think that outlawing prostitution and enforcing the laws against it makes it all go away. They are living in a fantasy world.

Before you say, people are going to break into houses and steal no matter what laws are passed, doesn't mean we should make it legal, the difference is, someone breaking into your house is not consensual. Prostitution on the other hand, is consensual between two people.

Tell me something - did the prohibition work? Did people stop the consensual act of drinking? Did Al Capone make a lot of money? I'm sure he would have found some other illegal enterprise to conduct had there been no prohibition, but it wouldn't be related to alcohol, I can say that with certainty.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
I always thought that the massage place that used to be next-door to the A&P over by Newport was a rub-n-tug. Never had any confirmation, though.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
Quote:

Who the hell cares to figure that out? Why don't you worry about something worth worrying about. Prostitution, if what you say is even true, is the oldest profession in the world and is a victimless crime. Who the hell cares. Worry more about the big banks who are outright criminals stealing your tax dollars, For example: the $16 trillion given free and no questions asked to the criminal psychopaths (Bankers) who engineered this "crisis" and destroyed our economy. Wake up America!

I wouldnt call it victimless. A lot of those women who work in those types of places are basically enslaved by their employers. They get tricked into coming here and told they will be working as maids or whatever and then are forced to do the rubbing and tugging and god knows what else. They are basically sex slaves. I'm not saying that this place is like that but you would be naive to think that sex trafficking does not exist in America.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 14:28
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bicicletta wrote:
but there are also funeral parlors (fact of life), skanky restaurants (some hygiene would be nice), sketchy bars with clients who leave cocaine baggies and hypodermics on my stoop (police couldn't care less) and of course a constant flow of high school kids who smoke an inordinate amount of marijuana in broad daylight (again police don't care).

Compared to all that happy ending does not sound so bad all of a sudden.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 20:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/13 19:57
From village
Group:
Registered Users
I was a customer at this establishment. It is completely legitimate.
This whole forum feels like a novel set in a small town, where all the neighbors gossip about the local "different" person.

If you want a real review... I found the therapist to be very skilled. He was a bit too talkative and the oil was very fragrant, but all in all, the massage was excellent.

And to the original poster: Yes, there is a daycare in this same neighborhood... but there are also funeral parlors (fact of life), skanky restaurants (some hygiene would be nice), sketchy bars with clients who leave cocaine baggies and hypodermics on my stoop (police couldn't care less) and of course a constant flow of high school kids who smoke an inordinate amount of marijuana in broad daylight (again police don't care).

Posted on: 2012/8/13 20:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
You know, forgetting about the morality issue, whether or not what they do is a victimless crime and the police departments' priorities, if anybody is so concerned about it, one action you could try is making a dent in the place's cash flow.

When I lived in Washington, DC there was a similar type establishment in my neighborhood. It didn't bother me, they were a pretty quiet neighbor as far as I was concerned, but other residents started taking pictures of the customers' license plates after seeing them enter and turned them over to the local police precinct. The police in turn sent letters to the car owners informing them that the establishment was under investigation (no intention of filing charges against the customers though as far as I know). Embarrassed customers stopped visiting and in less than a month or so, the establishment closed it doors. How well doing something like that would work here, I don't know and I don't care about the place either, they don't seem to be bothering anyone.

And great, you may be putting an honest place out of business. BooHoo

Posted on: 2012/5/31 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You know, forgetting about the morality issue, whether or not what they do is a victimless crime and the police departments' priorities, if anybody is so concerned about it, one action you could try is making a dent in the place's cash flow.

When I lived in Washington, DC there was a similar type establishment in my neighborhood. It didn't bother me, they were a pretty quiet neighbor as far as I was concerned, but other residents started taking pictures of the customers' license plates after seeing them enter and turned them over to the local police precinct. The police in turn sent letters to the car owners informing them that the establishment was under investigation (no intention of filing charges against the customers though as far as I know). Embarrassed customers stopped visiting and in less than a month or so, the establishment closed it doors. How well doing something like that would work here, I don't know and I don't care about the place either, they don't seem to be bothering anyone.

Posted on: 2012/5/30 11:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Why do people on this forum always assume the worst case in arguments???

Any of these "supposed prostitutes", indicate they're enslaved, tricked by their employers, "rubbing and tugging", prostituting themselves, or want to be rescued?

Any of you concerned folks ask them?

I am not a "concerned folk" my response is simply in reference to calling prostitution in a massage parlor a "victimless crime". I have no idea where this place is and I am not assuming anything. I have no clue if this place is like that, but I do know that there are a lot of places that force women to do these things and the women are not "victimless" by any means.

Posted on: 2012/5/30 4:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jzara wrote:
The plastic bag ban, the open gates, the spa that may or may not be giving happy endings...this site is too much now. C'mon people, you really can't be all that outraged about such petty matters.

You're annoyed by all the petty grievances on the board. I'm annoyed by all the responses to the petty grievances. Somebody shares a neighborhood gripe and 10 people have to jump in and tell him he's an idiot. Lay off. That's just being a cynic. If this bothers the guy, fine; this is the place to share things like that. If it doesn't bother you, then go on to a different post.

Posted on: 2012/5/30 4:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Why do people on this forum always assume the worst case in arguments???

Any of these "supposed prostitutes", indicate they're enslaved, tricked by their employers, "rubbing and tugging", prostituting themselves, or want to be rescued?

Any of you concerned folks ask them?

Posted on: 2012/5/30 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Who the hell cares to figure that out? Why don't you worry about something worth worrying about. Prostitution, if what you say is even true, is the oldest profession in the world and is a victimless crime. Who the hell cares. Worry more about the big banks who are outright criminals stealing your tax dollars, For example: the $16 trillion given free and no questions asked to the criminal psychopaths (Bankers) who engineered this "crisis" and destroyed our economy. Wake up America!

I wouldnt call it victimless. A lot of those women who work in those types of places are basically enslaved by their employers. They get tricked into coming here and told they will be working as maids or whatever and then are forced to do the rubbing and tugging and god knows what else. They are basically sex slaves. I'm not saying that this place is like that but you would be naive to think that sex trafficking does not exist in America.

Posted on: 2012/5/30 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, the oldest profession most historians and anthropologists agree is healer/witch doctor/medicine man. Just thought i would put that out there. :)

Posted on: 2012/5/30 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
You don't like rub and tugs!? Move to the suburbs!

Posted on: 2012/5/30 3:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCActivist wrote:
351 Third Street - Green & White Spa

This placed opened up a few months back in a residential neighborhood in Downtown. I have called the police a few times but nothing has happened yet

I am not anti-sex; in fact, having been raised in Europe, I think this country needs a little more sex ... I just have a fundamental problem with a place like this in the middle of a residential neighborhood 2 houses over from a day care and across law offices.

How do I know it's Full Service? The girls working there flat out told me. It was later verified by my friend.

Am I a disgruntled customer?
A competitor?
A concerned citizen worried about the spread STDs?

You just have to figure that shit out on your own

Posted on: 2012/5/30 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
the girls told you they were prostitutes? i find that hard to believe... unless you went there looking for service!

Posted on: 2012/5/29 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/5/29 21:14
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
What are their hours?

Posted on: 2012/5/29 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Meh, unless the day care is taking a field trip to the spa I don't much care. I don't recall one of these 'spas' to ever have been the cause of any violent crime etc.

Posted on: 2012/5/29 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
There is one across the street from the Hudson County Courthouse.

If that one can keep running, you might have a long wait until vice gets around to shutting the place down.

I prefer the 'Victorian Compromise' in dealing with places like this. Make them legal, but zoned well outside of residential neighborhoods.

Posted on: 2012/5/29 19:43

Happy Ending in the Making
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/12 0:31
Group:
Registered Users
351 Third Street - Green & White Spa

This placed opened up a few months back in a residential neighborhood in Downtown. I have called the police a few times but nothing has happened yet

I am not anti-sex; in fact, having been raised in Europe, I think this country needs a little more sex ... I just have a fundamental problem with a place like this in the middle of a residential neighborhood 2 houses over from a day care and across law offices.

How do I know it's Full Service? The girls working there flat out told me. It was later verified by my friend.

Am I a disgruntled customer?
A competitor?
A concerned citizen worried about the spread STDs?

You just have to figure that shit out on your own

Posted on: 2012/5/29 19:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017