Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: IRONMAN FULOP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Well, Vladimir Putin has completed the Ironman Triathlon. This spirit of dedication & determination is what makes him the best choice for the Ultimate Ruler in 2013.

Yo HeightsBrat, fixed it for ya.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 15:46

Re: IRONMAN - Military Reserve-Aid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Councilman Fulop finishes in top 20 percent at Ironman U.S. Championship

August 13, 2012, 3:00 AM
By Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop, was one of several local athletes who completed the daunting Ironman U.S. Championship Saturday in New York.

The competitors, who also included Martin Skolnick of Hoboken and Daniel Kelly, a dean of a Jersey City parochial school, had the challenging task of completing the 140.2-mile event a 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike ride, and a full marathon that saw the race finish in New York?s Riverside Park.

Fulop, 35, finished the race with a time of 11:58:14, good enough for 619th place out of 2,739 competitors, which placed him in the top 20 percent. He was 116th in his 35-to-40 age category.

?I broke 12 hours and that was better than I could imagine,? Fulop said. ?I came in just under the wire.?

?„3?„Fulop quipped he was not fazed by having to swim through sewage in the Hudson River, having been prepared after several years of Hudson County politics.

Fulop was one of 28 people who raised $250,000 for Reserve A Team, a charitable organization that supports the military.

Fulop said he was saddened the race was marred by the death of a competitor during the swimming stage.

Skolnick finished 895th overall with a time of 12:35:05. Kelly, who serves as the dean of juniors and seniors at St. Anthony High School, finished 1,362nd with a time of 13:40:40.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... y_councilman_fulop_f.html

Posted on: 2012/8/13 14:46

Re: IRONMAN FULOP
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/14 16:17
Group:
Registered Users
Way to go, Steve! I kept checking for an update. Ironman for mayor!

Posted on: 2012/8/11 23:28

IRONMAN FULOP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Well, Steven has completed the Ironman Triathlon. This spirit of dedication & determination is what makes him the best choice for mayor in 2013.

Here is the link of Steven's progress along the way. He started 7:00am this morning & has just finished.

http://tracking.ironmanlive.com/newat ... F&bib=378&beta&1344659400

Posted on: 2012/8/11 23:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Steven 'Ironman' Fulop has completed his 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride & has just passed the 11 mile mark in his 26.2 mile run.

Posted on: 2012/8/11 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
It takes a lot of discipline & dedication to train for a triathlon. It takes the same kind of discipline & dedication to run a once great city that has fallen into decay at the hands of weak willed fools & the greedy. Steven Fulop has shown that kind of discipline & dedication. He could have opted for an easy life on Wall St. or anywhere of his chosing for that matter but has chosen instead to ask for the chance to try & restore Jersey City & give her back her dignity.

I am proud to say Steven is a friend & I stand with him.

Posted on: 2012/8/11 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Councilman Fulop to participate in Ironman U.S. Championship tomorrow

August 10, 2012, 9:42 AM
By Daniel Reyes/The Jersey Journal

The realm of Hudson County politics may have prepared Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop for more than just a bid for Jersey City mayor in 2013.

It has helped prepare the Downtown councilman to participate in tomorrow?s Ironman U.S. Championship. The grueling 140-mile triathlon that combines swimming, biking and running in a 13-hour race that will start in New Jersey and end in New York.

?Ironman is the ultimate challenge,? said Fulop, 35, adding that it takes a strong mind as well as a strong body to finish.

?Challenging one?s self constantly is a good thing.?

Fulop says he?s been training every day for seven months from 5 to 7:30 a.m. for the race that will start with a 2.4-mile swim in the Hudson River. The competition will transition into a 112-mile bike ride on the Palisades Parkway in Bergen and Rockland counties, before a full 26.2-mile marathon that begins in Fort Lee and concludes in New York?s Riverside Park.

Fulop has raised more than $17,000 for the charity Reserve Aid, which benefits the families of deployed soldiers. Fulop, who served in the Marines in Iraq, hopes to break $20,000 before tomorrow?s race.

?It gives you the perspective that no matter how hard Saturday will be for me, it pales in comparison to what some of those people who are overseas in deployment (face).?

He says that Jersey City residents made the majority of the donations.

?It?s been inspirational,? he added.

?Completion (of the race) is important, (but) we?re trying to hit milestones as far as raising money for a great charity.?

Fulop is one of 30 members of the Reserve Aid team, which is looking to raise $1,000 for every mile of the 140-mile race.

Despite all his preparation over the previous seven months, the councilman admits he?s a little bit nervous.

?I can do each of the components individually,? he said. ?The running, in theory, is my strongest, (but it) might not be after everything. I?m a little nervous; I?m not going to lie.?

But Fulop is no stranger to such races, having completed the New York City Marathon and a variety of other triathlons.

?Despite the pain you?re going through it?s all worth it in the end.?

Still, Fulop feels well prepared.

?Maybe the world of politics in Hudson County has gotten me ready for the Ironman more than anything,? he said, laughing.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... councilman_fulop_t_1.html

Posted on: 2012/8/10 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Good cause - thanks for your focus on this, councilman. Just pledged. Hope August 11 is a whole lot cooler than today was!!

Posted on: 2012/7/18 21:21

IRONMAN - Military Reserve-Aid
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
I hope this post finds you well as I am sending you a NON-CAMPAIGN notel, one rooted in a charitable cause that I am hoping you'll consider supporting.

On August 11, 2012, I will be competing in the 1st NY/NJ Ironman competition (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/nyr ... thlon.html?pagewanted=all) to raise money for ReserveAid (www.reserveaid.org). The Ironman is a one-day race that starts with a 2.4 mile swim in the Hudson, followed by a 112 mile bike ride, followed by a full 26.2 mile marathon.

Most important though, the cause that I am raising money for is one near and dear to me. ReserveAid is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that makes need-based grants to military families with a Reservist or National Guard member on full-time deployment or recently returned from deployment to a combat zone. As someone who saw firsthand during my own deployment the strains that are placed on military families, this is a charity that is important and hopefully you'll consider supporting and sponsoring me during the race.

http://reserveaid.org/get-involved/ironman-u-s-championship/

Click "Team ReserveAid" in dropdown then type in "Steven Fulop"

The Ironman competition is in many ways the pinnacle of endurance challenges for both a strong body and mind and, in this case, it's coupled with a great charity that matches the endurance and contributions of our military.

While training is underway my fundraising commitment goal started last week and I am hoping you'll consider making a charitable, tax-deductible contribution in support of Reserveaid at:

http://reserveaid.org/get-involved/ironman-u-s-championship/

Click "Team ReserveAid" in dropdown then type in "Steven Fulop"

I sincerely appreciate your consideration,
Steven Fulop

Posted on: 2012/7/17 15:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!