Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

Re: Dog Crap on Pavonia Avenue
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Fios has a system that you can connect to your router or something. I don't have it but others like it. I have noticed some more poop around too. Same offender for sure.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 20:54

Dog Crap on Pavonia Avenue
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
In the recent months someone has been failing to pick up after their dog on Pavonia Avenue between Coles and Monmouth on a daily basis. I'm looking to get some sort of wireless surveillance camera hoping to catch them. It's not only gross, but it's obnoxious.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 20:45

Re: Dog-owners be kind (or beware)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Update: In preparation for Hurricane Sandy I moved my BBQ into the house and when I did I found two small bags of dogshit under it. My BBQ is on my porch which means this prick came onto my property. All this and he was wrong to begin with. Wow, imagine if I owned a gun?

Posted on: 2012/11/17 7:03

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
I'm just an advocate of shame. Shaming your neighbors into picking up dog poop is not only fun, it's generally very effective. Granted, this method is easier to implement with your skinny girl neighbors than giant pitbull owning men. Feel free to call me sexist.

Posted on: 2012/7/11 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't get bent out of shape over household ammonia. It is still mostly water (anhydrous ammonia however, is pretty nasty stuff on top of being flammable). Ammonia in household liquid form evaporates too readily to linger in high concentration in soil. If anything, the ammonia might improve the fertilization of the soil a bit. Though if you put too much on, you could hurt the plant by raising the pH up too high.

Posted on: 2012/7/11 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Packag ... 8-2&keywords=pure+ammonia

I use this on the sidewalk trees after I saw various dog droppings. After pouring some of this biweekly, I don't even see dogs walk their dogs on the sidewalk anymore.

Why would you intentionally and regularly pour a toxic substance (which is hazardous in concentrated form) onto plants on a public sidewalk? The ammonia will poison the soil and eventually kill the tree.

If you really want to keep dogs off of something, you can buy some bitter apple spray. It is nontoxic and dogs are repelled by the scent.

Posted on: 2012/7/11 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously, poisoning the earth or someone's pet is not the way I want to go. I have a dog myself, and it's not the dog's fault.

Plus it is an opportunity to release stress by yelling at your neighbor when it's totally justified!!!

Posted on: 2012/7/11 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

I use this on the sidewalk trees after I saw various dog droppings. After pouring some of this biweekly, I don't even see dogs walk their dogs on the sidewalk anymore.

That's just wonderful. Pouring something toxic around. Do you know anything at all about pure ammonia?

Posted on: 2012/7/11 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live on 7th St and there is this woman who lets her chihauhau crap everywhere. We called her out on it because there are some nice plantings around some of the trees. So next thing you know one of the neighbors bust her letting her dog crap on one of the trees that has no plantings around it. She goes "it's just a tree!". Next time I pick up the crap myself and leave it on the stoop with a note "It's just a stoop!".

Posted on: 2012/7/11 13:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/7/11 5:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

colleen wrote:
The Pom had a mohawk?!? That's as bad as Snuckie and J-Whoa dyeing their pooches -- Call the ASPCA!

Where was this - in the Villlage or Downtown or by Hamilton Park? Why not just post the name of their (dis)service from the hipster's T-shirt? Was the girlie a tattooed thespian by any chance If so, I.ve seen them at 7s . . . gagg

It was in Hamilton Park. I was talking on the phone just outside the 8th and Jersey Ave entrance when I saw this happen. I know nothing about them personally. I only know what appears on their businesses facebook page which has a link to their bands page.

Posted on: 2012/5/18 4:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
The Pom had a mohawk?!? That's as bad as Snuckie and J-Whoa dyeing their pooches -- Call the ASPCA!

Where was this - in the Villlage or Downtown or by Hamilton Park? Why not just post the name of their (dis)service from the hipster's T-shirt? Was the girlie a tattooed thespian by any chance If so, I.ve seen them at 7s . . . gagg

Posted on: 2012/5/18 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Saw a hipster couple walking a pomeranian with a mohawk the other day. They watched it poop and then walked away. I had to get close to confirm this and they had left by then but lo and behold the little precious had left some fresh diamonds behind. Turns out the two hipsters are dog walkers and the dude was wearing a shirt advertising their service. If you know them tell them to get it together or Animal Control will be paying them a visit. Maybe they're too concerned with band practice and gigs?

Posted on: 2012/5/18 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
From a dog's perspective, once you are marked, you are marked and fair game for an encore performance. You may want to try some of the following near your doorway/entrance:

1. Citrus juice mixed with water - for example diluted lemon juice.
2. White vinegar - spray on the area you want to protect.
3. Cayenne pepper. Sprinkle powder from your spice rack.

I've heard ammonia and rubbing alcohol can also be effective.

Yes - it's wrong that the dog owner is being irresponsible. But at least you may be able to prevent their dogs from sh*ting on your doorstep.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I'm not usually a turd warrior, but this one pushed me over the edge. So some people don't feel they need to clean up their dog's shit. OK, they're irresponsible infants, but so it goes. But how big a malicious asshole do you need to be to leave your dog crap right in front of an apartment building's door, where people will track it in if they're not watching their feet? Mind you, this isn't even on the regular sidewalk, but right in the 4 feet from the gate to the door. All they had to do was not let the beast shit right there, pulled it a few feet. I don't have any dog owning enemies that I know of...

Posted on: 2012/5/3 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

parkman wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

parkman wrote:
Twenty-six years of the same old dog shit? 70,600 and counting views (now surpassing our departed urban legend ?the pimp?).

Over the years this has been one of the most contentious quality-of-life, and ?us VS them? issues I?ve encountered in downtown JC. Though I still have problems with a few dog owners in VVP, I must say that the vast majority obeys, not only what are the ordinances on the books and what is right for their community, but have started to challenge those that do not.

You may complain all you want and expect others to deal with your objections (e.g. the police), but until the residents of each community verbalize their outrage directly to the individuals who don?t care about others, certain individuals will continue to perpetuate this behavior.

This encompasses not only dog owners, but also those that steal flowers in our parks that have been donated by volunteers, parents who let their children destroy public property, individuals who throw trash on the ground when there is a trash can within five feet.

Minor in the grand scheme of things ? yes, but for me- makes one place livable over another, as well as giving a sense pride in the community in which we live.

See something-say something. The ?Broken Window? philosophy works.
Rant over.

I totally agree with everything in your post except perhaps "residents of each community verbalize their outrage directly to the individuals who don?t care about [each] other". Dog poop shouldn't give anyone license to "rage" against their neighbors. Give them a poop bag as others have suggested and ask them to pick it up. Shaming the offenders is likely to work better than anger or "(out)rage".
I didn?t imply that you must express your outrage in an inappropriate manner, just that you let the people, who have no concern for your quality of life, know that their behavior is not acceptable. Not having a poop bag is no excuse, and providing one will not change the behavior.

I also did not limit saying something exclusively to dog owners?it?s parents, litterbugs, graffiti ?artists?, and thieves (flower). You may either continually complain about the situation or calmly let the individuals know that what they are doing is not proper, and why its not.

Saying something is not for everyone but I personally have too much invested in this community (and not mainly financial), not to try.

Well put and I know that's what you meant to begin with. Confront people by all means with your outrage, but do so calmly, peaceably, but assertively.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

parkman wrote:
Twenty-six years of the same old dog shit? 70,600 and counting views (now surpassing our departed urban legend ?the pimp?).

Over the years this has been one of the most contentious quality-of-life, and ?us VS them? issues I?ve encountered in downtown JC. Though I still have problems with a few dog owners in VVP, I must say that the vast majority obeys, not only what are the ordinances on the books and what is right for their community, but have started to challenge those that do not.

You may complain all you want and expect others to deal with your objections (e.g. the police), but until the residents of each community verbalize their outrage directly to the individuals who don?t care about others, certain individuals will continue to perpetuate this behavior.

This encompasses not only dog owners, but also those that steal flowers in our parks that have been donated by volunteers, parents who let their children destroy public property, individuals who throw trash on the ground when there is a trash can within five feet.

Minor in the grand scheme of things ? yes, but for me- makes one place livable over another, as well as giving a sense pride in the community in which we live.

Rant over.

I totally agree with everything in your post except perhaps "residents of each community verbalize their outrage directly to the individuals who don?t care about [each] other". Dog poop shouldn't give anyone license to "rage" against their neighbors. Give them a poop bag as others have suggested and ask them to pick it up. Shaming the offenders is likely to work better than anger or "(out)rage".
I didn?t imply that you must express your outrage in an inappropriate manner, just that you let the people, who have no concern for your quality of life, know that their behavior is not acceptable. Not having a poop bag is no excuse, and providing one will not change the behavior.

I also did not limit saying something exclusively to dog owners?it?s parents, litterbugs, graffiti ?artists?, and thieves (flower). You may either continually complain about the situation or calmly let the individuals know that what they are doing is not proper, and why its not.

Saying something is not for everyone but I personally have too much invested in this community (and not mainly financial), not to try.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 1:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

parkman wrote:

Rant over.

No one is "raging". We may, however, "rage" against those who believe these folks are jusitfied in walking their dogs in the vicinity of other people's homes instead of their own without picking it up. That's all.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

parkman wrote:

Rant over.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty sure I saw him (or a dead ringer) a few weeks ago in the WTC PATH station. Perhaps he is a cherised local character in more than one place...

Posted on: 2012/5/1 19:29

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/27 13:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Duck Test

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck

FYI my gf spotted him in solid lime green 2 days ago

Posted on: 2012/5/1 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Saw him yesterday. White outfit, Large blue brimmed hat.
Who says he's a pimp ?

Posted on: 2012/5/1 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I saw him last month near VVP. I forget what he was wearing, but it was like the first signs of spring.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
Quote:
our departed urban legend ?the pimp?

Are you saying the pimp is dead?

Robin.
Don?t know his physical condition but haven?t seen him in a least a year?perhaps he?s moved to another city. Certainly miss his bright colors.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 11:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nicely said. It is a quality of life issue. Plain and simple.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 10:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
our departed urban legend ?the pimp?

Are you saying the pimp is dead?

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 4:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users

Rant over.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 3:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

cousin wrote:
Perhaps you need to re-evaluate whether or not city living is for you. Make allowances or move to Ohio.

Wise words, Poo Bronson. Wise words indeed.

Allowances for city noise does not include self-indulgent ass-bags revving the engine on their straight pipe Harleys unnecessarily. I do not complain about city noise.

self-indulgent ass-bags--now that's funny. I know how you feel. I curse them often myself. I can't and won't defend those ass-bags (please know I am not one of them). These ass-bags (I can't stop saying that) negatively affect our quality of life. Agreed!!

Posted on: 2012/5/1 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcdd wrote: I recently was walking home and saw some guy get in his car and literally throw his two coffee cups and food bag out the window and drive off.

Were you able to identify his race?

Quote:
Walking home on newark the other night and saw a doggie pooping right on the sidewalk and the owner looked like he was about to move on (he was on a bike, walking his dog) until I gave him and the poop a "look" and turned around, waiting for him to pick up the poo.

What about this person?

Posted on: 2012/4/30 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

cousin wrote:
Perhaps you need to re-evaluate whether or not city living is for you. Make allowances or move to Ohio.

Wise words, Poo Bronson. Wise words indeed.

Allowances for city noise does not include self-indulgent ass-bags revving the engine on their straight pipe Harleys unnecessarily. I do not complain about city noise.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 15:13

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017