Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: PostNet

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/26 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
Brewster, I been reading your posts, and I see that you are a tired old lady. You seem to think your perfect or jealous that I have a successful business without having you as a customer.
The Little League thing was kind of sad. Maybe you should focus on other things.

Rich

Posted on: 2012/6/1 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

geniusofthecrowd wrote:
My experience is I walk in, Rich is like hey man, I am like yo what's up..I pick up my packages and mail from my box and walk out, go next door and pick up a six pack of beer. Go home and open my package happily. It's pretty awesome, and that's why I am a repeat customer.

I don't suppose you see the pattern? You sound a little like a white guy in a segregation era Alabama cafe saying "I don't see any problems here, the service I've gotten here is great"

mailbox renter or regular= civil
walk-in customer=apparently depends on mood
prelabeled drop off directed there by Fedex= "get lost"

Posted on: 2012/6/1 22:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
My experience is I walk in, Rich is like hey man, I am like yo what's up..I pick up my packages and mail from my box and walk out, go next door and pick up a six pack of beer. Go home and open my package happily. It's pretty awesome, and that's why I am a repeat customer.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 21:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 16:39
Group:
Registered Users
To clarify, my experience had nothing to do with an over-charge...just with a business owner being blatantly rude to me. I chalked it up to a bad day the first time, went back some time later to purchase a greeting card, and apparently that was not a good enough sale.
Whatevs...

Quote:

equ wrote:
I've been there a bunch of times for photocopies, packages and the like. I've found them convenient and helpful. I didn't count every single penny, but no price was outrageous. Some people will never be satisfied.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 19:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/18 21:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
+1 for poor experience. I just go elsewhere now.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 19:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
I've been there a bunch of times for photocopies, packages and the like. I've found them convenient and helpful. I didn't count every single penny, but no price was outrageous. Some people will never be satisfied.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 19:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 16:39
Group:
Registered Users
Though part of me fears being attacked by the "JC boys club", I too have had 2 poor experiences at PostNet. Instead of flying off the handle, however, I killed him with kindness and that kind of worked. I still won't be going back, however.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Brewster, What a nightmare you must be to deal with.
You described your self well.

With such little data, you must presume that I "repeat indefinitely". I do not, I went elsewhere the next time, as I've said upthread. But as long as Fedex keeps telling it's customers to try and drop off their labeled packages there, this little drama will play again and again, with a new cast member each time.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Brewster, What a nightmare you must be to deal with.
You described your self well.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 17:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/28 17:33
Group:
Registered Users
PostNet has to be one of the most convenient places to go around here to mail packages, buy stamps, make copies...etc.etc. The list goes on... The staff is always very helpful to everyone, and I've been in there when it's been packed! I think that everyone has bad days, and maybe you, sillyscorp, may have caught him on a bad day...although perhaps it was you that was having the bad day. Being a small business owner is tough enough without having to defend your actions on a local blog. The fact remains that if you don't feel that they are worthy of your dollar there are dozens of other places that you can go to.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
1 Fedex sends customers to drop off at PostNet, a Fedex contractor.
2 PostNet tells them to bugger off
3 Fedex customers are annoyed
4 PostNet declares them whiny little bitches
5 repeat indefinitely

Posted on: 2012/6/1 15:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You were called out by two people for your action, and you went running out with your tail between your legs. In this case you were totally out of line and continue to defend yourself. Ethancrane is a lost sole loser. He was in my store 9 years ago ( according to him) and still holds a grudge.

Brewster has nine posts on this alone. What is that all about?
didn't he endorse another Drop off on Grove Street?
He couldn't survive on Zero business. Actually I take 750 drop offs a Month ( Commercial returns) Personal accts. can send it thru me, or deal direct with Fedex, or call a truck.

Between you & Brewster I have to worry that Fedex is going to come down hard on me. They were happy to take Silly 's complaint.

Here 10 years, I see 550-600 people a week. Not everyone who comes thru that door is my customer. There will be disagreements.

This is really a last post. You got something to say come and say it to me. Unlike you , you know who, and, where I am.
I don't hide behind user names

Rich

Posted on: 2012/6/1 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
thank you to those who believe me.... I am not some spoiled brat who wants things her way (except expecting businesses to provide the service they advertize) as you can see I have been on this site for about 5 yrs now and about 90% of my comments are positive so I don't come here to complain about ever time someone doesn't bend to my "ridiculous demands" (again helping me pack and ship a small box)

I went in there because it was convenient and I was hoping that perhaps the other bad experiences were on bad days etc (we can all have them) but he is the one who yelled at me when I kept insisting that my pre-paid label was valid and he then implied that I was somehow trying to scam him which is when I replied with my comment on how I see why everyone thinks his store is terrible

the fact that he followed me on here to "defend" himself by personally attacking me (the kind of person she is? he knows who I am after a 2 min conversation?) is pretty telling to me... if you look on yelp you will see the same attacks over and over on each negative comment.

I don't doubt that he is nice and helpful to his friends and people he knows but running a business requires being nice to more than just people you have known for 20 years.

kind of reminds me of another business owner in the area who some people love and some people hate...

Posted on: 2012/6/1 12:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/7 6:29
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I started using PostNet about a month ago (to mail out some boxes via UPS/USPS) and from day one my experience there has been outstanding. The owner is very friendly, usually has a cool story to share, and just seems like a genuinely nice guy. I'm not calling anyone here a liar, I just wanted to give PostNet my +1 because like I said -- they've been very accommodating to me as a new/recent customer.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 5:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sillyscorp wrote:
another disgruntled non-post net customer.... the guy just cursed me out in front of the entire store (F this and F you etc) and when I told him that I wasn't surprise given the warning on JC list he went on another tirade about "these people" wanting what they want and throwing a fit when they don't get it...

he is right I did want what I wanted.... but shipping a package from a fed ex store using a pre-paid label doesn't really seem like I am asking too much? (and for the record I did need a box/packing materials so I was going to be a paying customer) ... I guess if you aren't a "old time JCer" then its ok to be treated like crap in front of a half dozen people

another business I will absolutely never enter

Welcome to the club, Sillyscorp, the club of people never going back to PostNet. That guy's a rude jerk and I don't have time to deal with it. I believe every word you wrote.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 4:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

Bobblehead wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

mensabitch wrote:
Part of me is filled with the desire to know the difference between what I would have paid at the post office versus PostNet...

I found out the other day, when PostNet quoted me $17 to mail a 2-pound package via US parcel post (ground delivery). that seemed kind of steep, and I had the time, so I wandered over to the post office and paid $11 for certified priority mail. now...will the package get to its destination? that's anyone's guess. where the people at the post office helpful and friendly? you're joking.

I must be weird. I love the folks at the post office. They have never let me down. I had a receipt for a package they tried to deliver when I wasn't home, when I went to pick it up, they said they couldn't find it--I told them they couldn't miss it, it was huge. "Oh, that one! It's still on the truck!" She got a dude who went outside and got it for me.

yeah. see? this.

They might not have been geniuses, but they were helpful and friendly.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 3:44
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bobblehead wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

mensabitch wrote:
Part of me is filled with the desire to know the difference between what I would have paid at the post office versus PostNet...

I found out the other day, when PostNet quoted me $17 to mail a 2-pound package via US parcel post (ground delivery). that seemed kind of steep, and I had the time, so I wandered over to the post office and paid $11 for certified priority mail. now...will the package get to its destination? that's anyone's guess. where the people at the post office helpful and friendly? you're joking.

I must be weird. I love the folks at the post office. They have never let me down. I had a receipt for a package they tried to deliver when I wasn't home, when I went to pick it up, they said they couldn't find it--I told them they couldn't miss it, it was huge. "Oh, that one! It's still on the truck!" She got a dude who went outside and got it for me.

yeah. see? this.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
On a unrelated note, I just read in the latest issue of National geographic that you can send a whole coconut - "as is", no box, no packaging, nothing - via the Post Office. Just scribble on the address on the coconut itself, and off it goes!!!

next time I'm in hawaii, I'll try that

Quote:

Bobblehead wrote:

The only complaint I have is they take too long putting up with customers who ask them thirty different questions trying to find out the cheapest way to send crazy things through the mail. "Why can't I send this package of diapers and baby formula to Asia via book rate?"

Posted on: 2012/6/1 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

mensabitch wrote:

The only complaint I have is they take too long putting up with customers who ask them thirty different questions trying to find out the cheapest way to send crazy things through the mail. "Why can't I send this package of diapers and baby formula to Asia via book rate?"

Posted on: 2012/6/1 2:54
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Fedex list him as a drop off location. He has refused drop offs from me. I ship something Fedex maybe 5 times a year, it's not like I was in there all the time, and I was always absolutely polite, understanding he wasn't making money from me. I have asked Fedex to remove him from their list several times. So I do believe the tale of hostility.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
I've had nothing but good experiences at PostNet. I love the convenience, and I no longer have to deal with the horrible package room at the main post office. Rich has offered on numerous occasions to let me borrow his push cart to get my packages home. I've also been able to print posters for conference presentations which saved me a ton of time and money.

Posted on: 2012/6/1 0:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/24 3:06
Group:
Registered Users
The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and the prices are more than fair. In fact, I've been given unexpected discounts a few times when buying multiple items or services. I'm getting a headache just thinking about the line at the Staples copy center, and the service--the worst! I'll take postnet any day over these big box print/ship stores.

Posted on: 2012/5/31 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
I had dropped of pre-paid UPS boxes at the store in the past (drop off only, without any purchase), and never had a problem with anyone in the store.

Posted on: 2012/5/31 21:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/5 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
I don't recall dealing with the gentleman, but the lady who works there is very friendly. I only used their printer on a couple ocasions to download game/concert tickets, as mine is broken and am in no rush to fix/replace it. Prices were reasonable too.

Posted on: 2012/5/31 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

graynickels wrote:
i don't find them to be a good deal at all. they over-charge on everything. i prefer to take the walk and go to the FedEx store at Exchange Place.

The convenience and friendliness that I've received over the years means I go there on the few occasions I need something of that nature done. My roommate does the same.

Posted on: 2012/5/31 20:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Last post from me. I have counter rates for Fedex, UPS, DHL.
Same as the UPS Store, Same as the Fedex Store, Same as DHL. I do have a sur-charge for Post Office service. As you can see by Sillyscore's reply is just how she is. As I said, Every word out of her mouth is Fabricated. Also, If she states is correct , why come into the store ?

Rich

Posted on: 2012/5/31 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
you didn't say F you and I replied back hey I am not the one cursing here? once I said I see why every one on JC list says this place sucks you flew off the handle and got in my face telling me I own this business and I make so much money and I am soooo successful blah blah blah

don't worry it was reported directly to fed ex as well and they were happy to hear about my experience.... the other store I went to was happy to take my package and even when I asked to pay them for the extra packing they wouldn't take the money since it wasn't a big deal

and what was my dishonest claim? that I wanted to mail a package with a pre-paid label that you said wasn't a real label and refused to accept because "it was going to take up space sitting there"

Posted on: 2012/5/31 20:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/20 12:44
Group:
Registered Users
i don't find them to be a good deal at all. they over-charge on everything. i prefer to take the walk and go to the FedEx store at Exchange Place.

Posted on: 2012/5/31 20:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/27 13:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
i wouldnt worry about it rich she sounds like an entitled little girl whose emotions are designing her reality rather than reality being reality.

Posted on: 2012/5/31 19:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,
The post by Sillyscope is a total fabrication. Every word out of her mouth is dishonest. I have a store owner and Police officer on line when this encounter took place. They called her out on her dishonest claim. I never use the F word in any type of conversation, much less to yell at someone.

Rich

Posted on: 2012/5/31 19:19

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017