Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Noise from Zeppelin Beer Hall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Been to a nice Beer Garden in Pittsburgh and I have passed the one in Hoboken several times and guess what? They are both far away from residential areas. Only in Jersey City can a developer get away with that and a bunch of d-bags will support it. Yes, you know who you are.

Yeah ok that makes sense. Hoboken has no loud bars eh? The outdoor space of zeppelin faces the light rail tracks and then open space behind that. Stop trying to make it sound like it's on the corner of Erie and 5th street. I'm sure the developer could have put it in Greenville, but from a business standpoint we all know how smart that would've been.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 21:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 15:02
From Hancock Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
Residents in the neigborhood, even across the street have been given lifetime discount cards to Zeppelin Hall for their patience. So at least the bar has acknowledged to the residents that they might be a disturbance at times and attempted to make them happy.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
nuyorkster wrote: Quote:
Its true - only in Jersey City can a nightclub like Michael Anthony's operate till 3am and play incredibly loud music so close to a residential building. Not only that, only in Jersey City can you call the cops to complain and expect nothing to happen. For years...

OK we know why noise complaints mean nothing in this case?..

Michael Anthony?s Restaurant
Owner Michael A. Ryan

(his son owns PJ Ryan's)

If you didn?t already know?.

MICHAEL A. RYAN, CHAIRMAN, JERSEY CITY PLANNING BOARD

?and I guess they are useless here also?.

Another resident of Liberty Harbor said he was thrilled to have Zeppelin Hall close by, but added that he might feel differently if he lived directly above it. (Though we?re pretty sure the residencies in this building have pretty well soundproofed windows, as the light rail passes right outside as well.) David McGrath, a Jersey City resident who originally hails from the UK, was delighted to find one of his favorite brews, Tennent's Scottish Ale, on tap. He mentioned he?d only previously found it in a few choice locations in New York City.

Peter Mocco, the developer of Liberty Harbor and one of the principals of Zeppelin Hall, introduced his partner John Argento (the owner of NYC?s legendary 80s new wave club Danceteria) as not just the manager, but as the ?impresario.? Mocco and Argento have worked on projects together for a dozen years.

?John conceived it and brought it to the metropolitan area,? Mocco says of Zeppelin Hall. The project took 12 months to complete, and Mocco thanked city officials for helping to move the project along smoothly.

From the JCI..

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... s-its-taps-and-its-doors/

Yup. Good work.

Welcome to the way things work, here and many other places, too.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 13:52
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nuyorkster wrote:
Its true - only in Jersey City can a nightclub like Michael Anthony's operate till 3am and play incredibly loud music so close to a residential building. Not only that, only in Jersey City can you call the cops to complain and expect nothing to happen. For years...

Really, these things only happen in Jersey City?

Posted on: 2012/5/10 11:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
really, if you choose to live next to a beer hall with a capacity of 2,000 people then I think you're not allowed to complain about anything.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 4:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nuyorkster wrote:

I take it you never been to Union City, Hoboken, West New York, Guttenburg etc.? Those cities have way more loud bars then JC. I take you never been to Newark, Paterson, Passaic, Elizabeth or other parts of the state besides the burbs? This is a city and cities are supposed to be noisy.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
nuyorkster wrote: Quote:

OK we know why noise complaints mean nothing in this case?..

Michael Anthony?s Restaurant
Owner Michael A. Ryan

(his son owns PJ Ryan's)

If you didn?t already know?.

MICHAEL A. RYAN, CHAIRMAN, JERSEY CITY PLANNING BOARD

?and I guess they are useless here also?.

Another resident of Liberty Harbor said he was thrilled to have Zeppelin Hall close by, but added that he might feel differently if he lived directly above it. (Though we?re pretty sure the residencies in this building have pretty well soundproofed windows, as the light rail passes right outside as well.) David McGrath, a Jersey City resident who originally hails from the UK, was delighted to find one of his favorite brews, Tennent's Scottish Ale, on tap. He mentioned he?d only previously found it in a few choice locations in New York City.

Peter Mocco, the developer of Liberty Harbor and one of the principals of Zeppelin Hall, introduced his partner John Argento (the owner of NYC?s legendary 80s new wave club Danceteria) as not just the manager, but as the ?impresario.? Mocco and Argento have worked on projects together for a dozen years.

?John conceived it and brought it to the metropolitan area,? Mocco says of Zeppelin Hall. The project took 12 months to complete, and Mocco thanked city officials for helping to move the project along smoothly.

From the JCI..

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... s-its-taps-and-its-doors/

Posted on: 2012/5/10 0:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 14:50
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/5/10 0:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Been to a nice Beer Garden in Pittsburgh and I have passed the one in Hoboken several times and guess what? They are both far away from residential areas. Only in Jersey City can a developer get away with that and a bunch of d-bags will support it. Yes, you know who you are.

There are beer gardens in manhattan, brooklyn, and queens all in mixed use buildings. people can choose where they live and thanks for basically calling me a d-bag. and this thread is misleading anyway because no one complained about the noise there.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Doesn't everyone live above a Beer Hall?! The rental units opened first and the Beer Hall was added later. It should never have been allowed near residential buildings. That kind of establishment should only be allowed in areas away from homes. Developers bending people over and giving it to them hard. BTW? If this was a club that catered to rap music and a different crowd then the clowns on this site would be singing a different tune. Lesson here? Any clown in this city can be bought with a beer.

People chose to live close to a Beer Hall, no?

Posted on: 2012/5/9 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/5/9 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The first lease holders of the Zenith were certainly mislead about the use of the ground floor retail space, and it is my understanding that those early adapters were allowed to terminate their leases without penalty. Anyone signing after the beer garden opened gets what they deserved. This is not a city vs. suburb debate. This is an issue of sometimes people being too stupid to function in the real world.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 22:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Doesn't everyone live above a Beer Hall?! The rental units opened first and the Beer Hall was added later. It should never have been allowed near residential buildings. That kind of establishment should only be allowed in areas away from homes. Developers bending people over and giving it to them hard. BTW? If this was a club that catered to rap music and a different crowd then the clowns on this site would be singing a different tune. Lesson here? Any clown in this city can be bought with a beer.

That is a very anti-city rant. In fact I am going to take it a step further and tell you that mentality is actually unsustainable. In a sustainable urban environment, apartments are above shops/restaurants/bars. They coexist. In order for a bar, shop, or restaurant to "only be allowed in areas away from homes" they would have to be in a shopping center miles away from residences, which is, wait for it...what a suburb is.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 22:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
I live not too far away (about a block). I can't really hear anything, even when a band is playing.

There were a lot of understandable complaints from the renters above when the beer garden first opened, but most of those people moved and all the new folks are well aware of what's there. Either they really like the view, are getting a good deal, or whatever soundproofing was done is enough for them.

I wonder not so much about the noise, but how the beer garden got a live entertainment license when those are so hard to get around these parts.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm in the "it's about time Jersey City started acting like a city" camp. JC is 1,000x quieter than Manhattan, Brooklyn, or Hoboken.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 20:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/9 20:28
Group:
Registered Users
If you want strict residential zoning & silence move to the burbs! This is a city, noise is inevitable, whether its your neighbors sex-a-thon, kids crying all the time, or some german dudes playing the tuba...

Posted on: 2012/5/9 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/5/9 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Hi,

I went to Zeppelin beer hall last week, and boy, that place was LOUD! Maybe the band was for some special occasion, but I can't help wondering how people live upstairs feel about this. I even saw a sign on the window "New Baby", so apparently, someone just had a baby. I wondered to myself how in the world they cope with this on a regular basis!?

Atsushi

If you let your baby get used to hearing loud noises they will learn to sleep right through them. If you try to give your baby a quiet environment when they sleep they will startle and wake up for every siren, loud drunk, car alarm, and loud radio they hear. I think if you live in a city you should try to get your baby used to city noise. I lived in Hudson County most my life, but the short time I lived in the suburbs I couldn't go to sleep at night at first, why? It was too quiet, but by the second month I got lucky and a mocking bird that used to do car alarm noises stayed on a tree outside my window. I have the whole car alarm melody memorized from beginning to end it is like the Mr Softy song if you grew up in this area you know it by heart.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 19:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I went there too (good kielbasa by the way) and there was a band playing some german beer hall classics. they were really good. i was sitting outside and i wondered the same thing about the apartments because they are literally right there. But yeah, anyone who chooses to live above a beer hall at this point can't really be expecting serenity.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
They are rentals. When it first opened, it was almost understandable. If you blindly move in above a place of that size without scoping it out first, talking to people and generally doing just a tiny bit of research, then you deserve what you get.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 18:52

Noise from Zeppelin Beer Hall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

I went to Zeppelin beer hall last week, and boy, that place was LOUD! Maybe the band was for some special occasion, but I can't help wondering how people live upstairs feel about this. I even saw a sign on the window "New Baby", so apparently, someone just had a baby. I wondered to myself how in the world they cope with this on a regular basis!?

Atsushi

Posted on: 2012/5/9 18:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017