Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulop chooses City Council candidates for 2013 Mayor slate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
I see Boggiano signs (For 2013) around Rt. 139. Is he running as an at large or as a candidate for Ward C?

Posted on: 2012/5/9 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
David Donnelly is a boob. Poor choice.

As for Rich Boggiano, he wants to hire more cops and continue to give them outrageous salaries and benefits with no way to pay for them. He is blind to how public safety is bleeding this City dry.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like to see Richard Boggiano run for the Hilltop/Journal Square seat currently held by Nidia Lopez.

He'd be a good pick for Fulop's slate for many reasons including real insight into law enforcement and because he wasn't afraid to respond in great detail on many threads in this forum.

A post from Richard Boggiano concerning the last special election:
Quote:
Ladies & Gentlemen,
With the election tomorrow, I wanted to make one last case for why you should vote for me for Jersey City Council At Large:
1. I will serve for $1/year and I will refuse a city car. With Jersey City's current budget mess I think it's important for our leaders to actually lead and set an example of fiscal prudence that hasn't been seen in this city in a long time.
2. I have been an effective agent for change and have been fighting against corruption for 30+ years as the President of the Hilltop Neighborhood Association. I have fought against the Waldo Rail Yards in the 80's, the Hudson County Jail in the 90's, irresponsible development projects, and most recently the Spectra gas line project. I have been a thorn in the side of administrations since Gerry McCann was first elected and have tried to expose corruption at every opportunity.
3. Unlike my opponents, I have never double or triple dipped. I also have not accepted campaign contributions from any of the political elite in Hudson County, which again makes me unlike many of my opponents.
4. I have believed in service my entire life. I was in the Marine Corps from 1963-1969. I joined the Jersey City Police Department not long after leaving the Marines and served until I hit the mandatory retirement age in 2008. In addition to my role as the President of the Hilltop, I currently serve as a liaison between the US Military Academy at West Point, the State Department, and various ethnic groups in Jersey City. Several times each year I coordinate for West Point cadets to come to Jersey City and immerse themselves in our Arab, Coptic Egyptian, Indian, and Pakistani communities before they graduate and serve overseas. I have never asked for a dollar for my efforts, but instead do what I do because I'm proud to be able to help my city and my country.
5. I believe in historical preservation of our great city and think that Jersey City has a revenue stream in untapped tourism dollars. I have served on Jersey City's historical commission and have fought tirelessly to preserve and restore our historical assets.
6. I know how to get things done. I have been helping my neighbors navigate Jersey City's bureaucracy for decades.
Unlike most politicians in Hudson County, I think the the government should exist to serve its residents and not the other way around. Potholes, filthy streets, neglected public facilities - all of these things are symptoms of the fact that for far too long we have had incompetent and corrupt politicians serving themselves rather than serving their constituents. I'm asking for you to help me change that tomorrow by voting for me, Rich Boggiano, in Column 13F.
Thank you for your consideration.
Rich

Posted on: 2012/5/8 22:08

Fulop chooses City Council candidates for 2013 Mayor slate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop chooses three City Council candidates for his 2013 slate, including one former Healy ally

Tuesday, May 08, 2012
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City won?t hold its city election for another year, but mayoral hopeful Ward E Councilman Steve Fulop is already lining up candidates to run on his slate, including one councilman who was until recently an ally of Fulop nemesis Mayor Jerramiah Healy.

Fulop confirmed today that he has selected three City Council candidates to run with him in 2013: Ward B Councilman David Donnelly, a former Healy aide; Councilman at large Rolando Lavarro; and Ward E community activist Candice Osborne.

Both Donnelly and Lavarro will run to retain their seats in the May 14, 2013 citywide election. Osborne hopes to succeed Fulop as the council?s Ward E representative.

?I am excited to have these first three terrific partners who are willing to be part of the team,? Fulop said in a statement. ?My goal is that the eventual complete ticket will reflect the true diversity of the city, giving more opportunities to women and minorities.?

Fulop said he intends to announce the next three members of his slate at the end of the summer, and the final three in late fall.

The Ward E councilman only confirmed his selection of Donnelly, Lavarro and Osborne after The Jersey Journal inquired about a campaign document his slate filed with the state on April 30 that named the three as members of ?Team Fulop.?

Lavarro, a New Jersey City University administrator who won election to the council in November, would be seeking his first full term. Today, he said he joined Fulop?s slate because Fulop has ?a strong commitment to transforming? Jersey City.

?We're talking about jobs, crime, education and taxes, and Steve has shown himself to be at the forefront of all of those things,? he said. ?I think this team intends to do it the right way, and make sure that we engage our communities, and engage a lot of diverse communities in the process."

Donnelly, 42, a project manager at the United Way of Hudson County, would also be seeking his first full term. A former special assistant to Healy, the mayor appointed him to the council in October 2009 to replace Phil Kenny, who pleaded guilty that month to accepting bribes from federal informant Solomon Dwek.

Donnelly, who said he couldn?t comment at this time, later won a special election to fill out the remainder of Kenny?s term.

Osborne, 33, is the CEO of C&S Strategies, which provides digital services for political campaigns, nonprofits and small businesses. A political newbie, Osborne has worked on get-out-the-vote efforts for Fulop and Newark Mayor Cory Booker, and has volunteered for local parks initiatives and a recent Complete Streets campaign.

Osborne said she expects that taxes, education, jobs and crime will emerge as the central issues.

?Those are the four things we have been talking about,? she said. ?We are going to tackle them.?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ses_three_city_counc.html

Posted on: 2012/5/8 21:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017