Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The Krave truck R.I.P.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
It was an eating location. If you paid any sort of attention, you'll note that I wrote more about sitting on the pier and enjoying the view as I did about the food. I can get the same food by going over to Kraverie, but my 1-block walk to the pier is gone, hence my "damn".

Oh yes, Ibby's is not halal, and yes I agree, Grand Sichuan is better than most chinese around here. The Krave truck is gone. No more walks to the pier to eat. You could always try something else. Although, I'll have to take your side here, there really aren't a lot of restaurants or trucks down there in the evenings. Exchange Place really is a 9-5 area now. Once again, this town seems to take one step forward and then seven steps backward. Somehow it works in Brooklyn, Hoboken, but not here. Nope. Can't have anything that would enhance the quality of life. Have to drag that out for 10+ years.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 6:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
It was an eating location. If you paid any sort of attention, you'll note that I wrote more about sitting on the pier and enjoying the view as I did about the food. I can get the same food by going over to Kraverie, but my 1-block walk to the pier is gone, hence my "damn".

Posted on: 2012/5/2 21:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/27 13:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
couldnt agree more gt2220

Posted on: 2012/5/2 16:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
What we don't need is another asian "style" place. More, Wild Fusion, Sawadee, Box, Grand Sichuan, and all the other sushi places.. all within about a 2 block radius.

Please don't lump Grand Sichuan in with the rest of the boring pan-Asian places, they're doing something truly unique in JC if you wander off the small American Chinese portion of the menu. I'm all for more Asian if it's not Americanized-thai or mid-90s fusion, those sub-genres are where the glut lies.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
I am pretty sure Ibby's is not halal and more importantly the only time i went there ...had awful service and the falafel was terrible.

Good thing they are other options for good mid-east food in JC...if not just go over to Hoboken....so many places for good stuff.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
aw damnit. In the summer months, goin down to Harborside, getting some tacos and enjoying the "fresh" air on the pier and the great view of the Hudson and NYC. I guess they needed more people to focus on Kraverie. Shame tho

Oh god. It's a food truck. Are there any other halal food trucks around? Not that I know of. Ibby's had a monopoly on this stuff. Then Gypsy Grill came. So now a food truck that serves halal is all of a sudden over saturation? What we don't need is another asian "style" place. More, Wild Fusion, Sawadee, Box, Grand Sichuan, and all the other sushi places.. all within about a 2 block radius.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
aw damnit. In the summer months, goin down to Harborside, getting some tacos and enjoying the "fresh" air on the pier and the great view of the Hudson and NYC. I guess they needed more people to focus on Kraverie. Shame tho

Posted on: 2012/5/2 1:52

The Krave truck R.I.P.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/24 21:12
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
same big green truck

decals are gone. menu items were removed from the window

2 new guys in the truck

i asked about Krave, they said they'd be serving Krave food for about a week and then "transitioning to halal and mediterranean food"

I orderd the taco-rice platter. the Krave flavor is gone.

And wow, another med. food place in downtown... THAT'S ORIGINAL! lol

Posted on: 2012/5/1 23:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017