Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 13 »

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Dog poop is a top 10 topic on this site, so why don't we get some facts and figures on the topic and petition cityhall to act?

1. How many citations has cityhall / animal control written to offending dog owners? A freedom of information request should give us an idea how effect they are and how they rate its importance?

2. How many 'written' complaints have been forwarded to cityhall / animal control to address the problem?

3. What has cityhall / animal control done to mitigate the problem?

4. How many dogs are registered with the city and does cityhall / animal control provide any literature on the legal responsibilities of a dog owner to registered owners?

5. How many signs are displayed in the neighbourhoods about cleaning up dog poop and the associated fines if you don't?

Posted on: 2012/4/29 0:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

cousin wrote:
How do you get the portion of the text you want to respond to in the quote box?

hit the small "reply" button right under the comment, then click the "quote" button in the window that opens. type your reply above or below the text, then hit "submit," and the debate can continue unhampered.

ok, just checking. looks like it hit it twice. Cool thanks.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:

hit the small "reply" button right under the comment, then click the "quote" button in the window that opens. type your reply above or below the text, then hit "submit," and the debate can continue unhampered.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcdd wrote:
But I disagree that we should all just ignore this kind of stuff when it happens. Maybe someone will think twice the next time if they have been called out on it.
I must note, I really don't like confrontation, so a dissaproving "look" is as far as I have gone. Wish I had more guts to say something.

Since I have a dog, I usually have more than one plastic bag on me. When I see somebody about to walk away from their dog's poop, I give a cheery, "hey, need a bag?" It's totally non-confrontational (more like "I know you want to clean up after your dog...we've all been there") and I've never had anyone refuse.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned
I'm tired of seeing the dog poop all over the city streets, the graffiti constantly marking buildings, the gum and trash littering the sidewalks. We should all take a little more pride in where we live. I recently was walking home and saw some guy get in his car and literally throw his two coffee cups and food bag out the window and drive off. Really? Walking home on newark the other night and saw a doggie pooping right on the sidewalk and the owner looked like he was about to move on (he was on a bike, walking his dog) until I gave him and the poop a "look" and turned around, waiting for him to pick up the poo. He stopped and started fishing around in his pockets but was taking so long that I finally gave up and moved on. I didn't find out if he actually had a bag on him.
The problem is that most of the people doing this kind of stuff are not on jclist because they obviously just don't care about the community in which they live.
But I disagree that we should all just ignore this kind of stuff when it happens. Maybe someone will think twice the next time if they have been called out on it.
I must note, I really don't like confrontation, so a dissaproving "look" is as far as I have gone. Wish I had more guts to say something.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 20:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/4/28 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
Now you're ripping on Harley riders? And the dog shit is fine?

No one thinks the dog shit is fine. But there are several who look forward to Harley-engine-revvers and dog-poop-leavers sharing that special place in hell.

Quote:

cousin wrote:
Perhaps you need to re-evaluate whether or not city living is for you. Make allowances or move to Ohio.

Wise words, Poo Bronson. Wise words indeed.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
Mr_Johnson you have a valid point. But what exactly is a city? A shareholder has a stake in a corporate. Similarly a propert-tax paying citizen has a stake in the city. A city is made up of its citizens and it's nothing wrong if they don't like someone spoiling a part of it. But people should use their judgement while confronting such people as it might be dangerous. Although I would have pointed it out to the person not picking up his dog's poop at that time only and not run after him later on.

That's my point. I'm not saying if you witness a blatant crime, such as a rape in progress on a city street, you should just walk by and say it's not my business. Sure he has a right to be upset and angry about the guy not picking up after his dog. It's the way he went about it. I've seen kids throw trash on the street just a few feet away from the trash can. I brought it to their attention that a trash can was right there, and they picked it up and disposed of it. Could they have been aholes and beat me up? Sure. But I really didn't give them a good reason to. Had I picked up the trash and shoved it at them and put it back in their face, then maybe they might not have been so accommodating.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Mr_Johnson you have a valid point. But what exactly is a city? A shareholder has a stake in a corporate. Similarly a propert-tax paying citizen has a stake in the city. A city is made up of its citizens and it's nothing wrong if they don't like someone spoiling a part of it. But people should use their judgement while confronting such people as it might be dangerous. Although I would have pointed it out to the person not picking up his dog's poop at that time only and not run after him later on.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'll actually side with him on this. You have every right to own a harley, ride it, park it, etc. You have every right to be angry if someone damages it, makes stereotypes about you owning one, and even angry to see dog poop around it. But when your hobby is reading on your porch, and you see something that annoys you, that is not happening on your property, and then feel the need to play tough guy/cop with people, that's when it's not your right. I see crackheads all over the place. I see parents yelling and smacking their kids too. Is it something I like to see and witness? No. If those people came into my house and started smoking/dealing crack, or hitting their kids in my house (on my owned property), then I would react accordingly. Can you sort of see where this is going?

Posted on: 2012/4/28 16:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ok 1st guy, now you're talking loud. Now you're ripping on Harley riders? And the dog shit is fine? Again, you must be one of them. I ride a Harley and I agree, some are just "look at me and my loud, cool bike." Ridiculous I know. My Harley isn't a loud, earth shattering ride but I defend their right to ride one. Perhaps you need to re-evaluate whether or not city living is for you. Make allowances or move to Ohio.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 14:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not aware of any wreckless drivers and midnight - thug basketball games. Do tell. So much for the "luxury of living near the park".

Posted on: 2012/4/28 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I respectfully disagree. Certain level of noise is acceptable in a city. But there should be no compromises as far as sanitation is concerned. It may transmit diseases.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
The fact that Harley riders routinely blast up and down the streets with their loud pipes (only because they save lives, of course) disrupting other people, and then this toolbox complains because an old man forgot a poopbag and complains that it is encroaching on his well being.

The whole pot/kettle situation.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
What is wrong with riding a Harley? I am confused.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 12:46

Re: Dog-owners be kind (or beware)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

cousin wrote:
I happen to like the alley behind my home where I drive (into my parking spot), walk, park my Harley.....

oh I bet you're never a rude asshole with that thing. no sir.

Oh, you ride a Harley and complain about OTHER people bothering YOU?

Posted on: 2012/4/28 12:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
I happen to like the alley behind my home where I drive (into my parking spot), walk, park my Harley.....

oh I bet you're never a rude asshole with that thing. no sir.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 2:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One of my "hobbies" is reading on my porch. But as I read I don't like to watch rude a-holes leave piles of feces in front or back of my home. Get it? Once you do, we can end this ridiculous tit-for-tat conversation. The old guy was wrong. I let him know it, (the way everyone should) he actually agreed, and the world continues to turn. End of story.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
Yes, I did say "alley'. I happen to like the alley behind my home where I drive (into my parking spot), walk, park my Harley, fix and wash my car, and converse with my friendly neighbors. Yes, it should be feces free; I'm delighted you agree. So while there is no one yet walking their dog through my house I still like the immediate vicinity clear of feces and other unpleasantries. The fact that you could derive pleasure from a right and just individual being "clocked" by a wrong-doer tells me all I need to know about you. My guess is you are: young and disrespectful, NOT a homeowner, do NOT pay taxes, do NOT clean your own house (oh yeah, it's NOT yours), are NOT friendly with your neighbors or even care to know who they are, and most of all, one of these A-Holes who don't pick up after their dog. If you stand for all that is illegal and unjust, here's an idea: don't advertise it. Instead, take a shower, pull your pants up and put a belt on, find a clean shirt and comb your hair. Act and dress respectable and you may just get some in return.

First of all you don't know me in the slightest bit. I would also like the sidewalks to be gum free, the branches trimmed, the subway platform heated and air conditioned. But you know what. THEY AREN'T MY HOME! YOU sound like one of these people that believes the world should revolve around them. If they don't dress, act and look the way you do, then they aren't worthy. But I have no idea because I don't profess to know you. As I said earlier, it really sounds like you need a hobby, or a vacation.

Posted on: 2012/4/27 23:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I hope you're not talking to me LOSER

Posted on: 2012/4/27 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
are you still talking?

Posted on: 2012/4/27 11:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh ok, sorry :). Some of these people are really letting the shit fly (pun intended). It's easy with words on a screen but if this was a public meeting they would be in the minorty and probably not so outspoken. Cowardice behavior.

Posted on: 2012/4/26 23:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nice to know we live among scumbag-criminals. There's a special place in hell for him and people like him. Maybe the police will investigate this. I'll never understand people who do wrong and leave an electronic bread-crumb trail for investigators. Keep it coming assholes.

Posted on: 2012/4/26 23:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I did say "alley'. I happen to like the alley behind my home where I drive (into my parking spot), walk, park my Harley, fix and wash my car, and converse with my friendly neighbors. Yes, it should be feces free; I'm delighted you agree. So while there is no one yet walking their dog through my house I still like the immediate vicinity clear of feces and other unpleasantries. The fact that you could derive pleasure from a right and just individual being "clocked" by a wrong-doer tells me all I need to know about you. My guess is you are: young and disrespectful, NOT a homeowner, do NOT pay taxes, do NOT clean your own house (oh yeah, it's NOT yours), are NOT friendly with your neighbors or even care to know who they are, and most of all, one of these A-Holes who don't pick up after their dog. If you stand for all that is illegal and unjust, here's an idea: don't advertise it. Instead, take a shower, pull your pants up and put a belt on, find a clean shirt and comb your hair. Act and dress respectable and you may just get some in return.

Posted on: 2012/4/26 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

whiteboy19 wrote:
my super put this stuff near the shrubs in front of my condo,he calls it chocolate,its actually rat poison,it looks and actually smells like chocolate.Animals eat it with gusto and it makes their stomach bleed to death it also works on other animals.it has reduced the amount of dog doo around my neighborhood.he cuts it in very small pieces so the dogs can swallow it quickly,when the trade towers were hit,exterminators placed 1 million pounds of rat poison in the basements and tunnels around WTC to control the amazing amounts of rats that were disturbed ,dogs are like rats

This is without a doubt, 100% a crime. If indeed it is true, I hope you are reigned in as an accomplice for knowing and not reporting this.

Posted on: 2012/4/24 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Just busting chops ! I get a kick out of the real nutty dog owners reaction. I could care less either way about dogs.
I own one. But, he is not on a par with my kids in any way , shape ,or form. I like him for what he is, a DOG.

Posted on: 2012/4/24 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
What does that even mean? I don't have a right to stand up to people who break the law and make me a victim? "Do this to the wrong person"? Explain that please. What will he do, beat me up, breaking the law twice in one day?

I was referring to the irresponsible dog owner. I agree with your plight. Just realize that besides not paying taxes as you and other property owners do these irate dog walkers probably do not have any assets other than their dogs so they probably don't care who they destroy in their tracks due to the fact that they have nothing to lose. It's ashame that we have to tip toe around them because of their resentment towards the tax paying public that they seem to disregard.

Posted on: 2012/4/24 12:00
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
What does that even mean? I don't have a right to stand up to people who break the law and make me a victim? "Do this to the wrong person"? Explain that please. What will he do, beat me up, breaking the law twice in one day?

I was referring to the irresponsible dog owner. I agree with your plight. Just realize that besides not paying taxes as you and other property owners do these irate dog walkers probably do not have any another assets other than their dogs so they probably don't care who they destroy in their tracks due to the fact that they have nothing to lose. It's ashame that we have to tip toe around them because of their resentment towards the tax paying public that they seem to disregard.

Posted on: 2012/4/24 11:59
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Way to narc whiteboy19. The streets be watching..... you snitch! White boys can never keep their grills closed. I am just joshing.

If the super is actually putting poison out there like that.....I hope the management of the building are notified and then the relevant authorities..

Posted on: 2012/4/24 10:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Poncho11 wrote: These Dog owners all suck. They take there dogs to restaurants outside, They bring them into Duncan Donuts. Love me, love my dog. Dogs pee the little side walk signs ( A Frames) that have to be brought in at the end of the day. They don't pick up after their dogs. They think that every body should accept them, but most don't. Nothing worse then a person who treats their dog like a person. Or worse in third person. People are outraged because their dogs have not been walked, by the dog walker, get his number and report him. The fact that anyone should but any real attention and effort into a dog is sad. Get a real companion.

The people who like Poncho all suck. They take him to restaurants, bring him to Dunkin Donuts but he keeps spewing shit out of his mouth. None of them try to correct him. They think that everybody should accept him, but most don't. Nothing worse than than people who treat Poncho like a person. People are outraged because people let him get away with all the shit that he spews out of his mouth. Those people who do nothing should be reported for negligence. The fact that anyone should pay any real attention to poncho is sad. I ask those people who care about poncho to get a real companion.

Posted on: 2012/4/24 4:11

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017