Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
These Dog owners all suck. They take there dogs to restaurants outside, They bring them into Duncan Donuts.
Love me, love my dog. Dogs pee the little side walk signs ( A Frames) that have to be brought in at the end of the day.
They don't pick up after their dogs. They think that every body should accept them, but most don't. Nothing worse then a person who treats their dog like a person. Or worse in third person. People are outraged because their dogs have not been walked, by the dog walker, get his number and report him. The fact that anyone should but any real attention and effort into a dog is sad. Get a real companion.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Posted on: 2012/4/24 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Gentrification : the restoration of run-down urban areas by the middle class (resulting in the displacement of low-income residents).

I guess you can't gentrify people and their behaviour

Posted on: 2012/4/24 3:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

whiteboy19 wrote:
my super put this stuff near the shrubs in front of my condo,he calls it chocolate,its actually rat poison,it looks and actually smells like chocolate.Animals eat it with gusto and it makes their stomach bleed to death it also works on other animals.it has reduced the amount of dog doo around my neighborhood.he cuts it in very small pieces so the dogs can swallow it quickly,when the trade towers were hit,exterminators placed 1 million pounds of rat poison in the basements and tunnels around WTC to control the amazing amounts of rats that were disturbed ,dogs are like rats

Don't know if you are trying to be cute or something but I have copy and pasted your post so that it can be sent to Animal Control. What you are describing is a crime.I will be following up with Robin at Animal Control and Dan on this site to contact you to pursue charges against anyone involved. You may think it's funny but many, many others do not.

Posted on: 2012/4/24 3:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/12 15:19
Group:
Banned
my super put this stuff near the shrubs in front of my condo,he calls it chocolate,its actually rat poison,it looks and actually smells like chocolate.Animals eat it with gusto and it makes their stomach bleed to death it also works on other animals.it has reduced the amount of dog doo around my neighborhood.he cuts it in very small pieces so the dogs can swallow it quickly,when the trade towers were hit,exterminators placed 1 million pounds of rat poison in the basements and tunnels around WTC to control the amazing amounts of rats that were disturbed ,dogs are like rats

Posted on: 2012/4/23 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Boy Poncho someone dump you over the weekend or something? For the most part, pet owners take care of their dogs. I have two Yorkies, I do not bring them to restaurants, stores, shopping malls or stores that actually allow pets. They are great company and companions and I walk them several times daily and clean up after both of them. I also have a wonderful life and tons of human companions. Your statements seem a bit immature and of no consequence. Many people have companions besides dogs and many are very responsible pet owners. Don't stereotype all pet owners as losers and irresponsible people that don't have any friends.

And while you're at it, take a refresher course on English grammar and spelling !

Posted on: 2012/4/23 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
These Dog owners all suck. They take there dogs to restaurants outside, They bring them into Duncan Donuts.
Love me, love my dog. Dogs pee the little side walk signs ( A Frames) that have to be brought in at the end of the day.
They don't pick up after their dogs. They think that every body should accept them, but most don't. Nothing worse then a person who treats their dog like a person. Or worse in third person. People are outraged because their dogs have not been walked, by the dog walker, get his number and report him. The fact that anyone should but any real attention and effort into a dog is sad. Get a real companion.

Posted on: 2012/4/23 21:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/27 13:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
i live on 7th street and there is always dog poop on the corner of 7th and eerie. I recently spyed the culprit, it is the guy with the two akitas. If you are reading this guy with the two akitas pick up your dogs feces you assclown...

Posted on: 2012/4/23 20:03

Re: Dog-owners be kind (or beware)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
What does that even mean? I don't have a right to stand up to people who break the law and make me a victim? "Do this to the wrong person"? Explain that please. What will he do, beat me up, breaking the law twice in one day? That's a reasonable response: sit down, and shut up while strangers defile my property I work tirelessly to pay for. Should I pay 10K in taxes to allow someone who doesn't to SHIT on my home? I guess I should've sat there and done nothing. Nobody enforces this law, obviously; sometimes it's up to the citizens to correct the actions of lawbreakers, especially when it directly affects my quality of life!! Just think, if everyone did what I did these wrong-doers may think twice before doing it again. I didn't tar and feather him, I handed him the feces of HIS animal in front of his own home. BTW his final resonse was, as I walked away: "YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU'RE RIGHT!" If it's only feces, then perhaps he could have chosen to let the dog shit in front of his own house and HE could spend the next week looking at it, stepping in it and smelling it. Actually, why leave the house, why not let the dog crap IN his house? I have to say, I really disagree with you on this. This country was founded on the average citizen taking up arms and protecting their property and rights, or did you not pay attention in history class and don't know much about the American Revolution? Do you know how ordinary farmers armed themselves with rakes and anything they could find to fight off the biggest and strongest army of the day; all for what they believed in? Or are you one these disgusting human beings with no regard for anyone else on this planet but yourself? I believe in the right to a FECES-FREE home sir, and I will communicate that to anyone who tries to change it.

So you live in the ALLEY? YOU said the dog took a crap in the ALLEY BEHIND MY HOME. You did NOT say the dog walked in your house and crapped on your floor. You did NOT say the dog walked on your porch/stoop and took a crap. You DID say the ALLEY. Now I don't know you, and maybe the alley behind your house is the only one I haven't seen in Jersey City, but every other alley I've seen, is just that. AN ALLEY. Should it be litter, dog feces free? YES. Should you go run out to the alley, pick up dog crap, run down the street, find the guy and hand it to him? Be my guest. I would however get a good chuckle when/if you do do it to the wrong person and they turn around and clock you. All over a turd in an alley. Maybe you should get a stress-relieving hobby.

Posted on: 2012/4/23 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Dog owners should clean up their dog's poop. However, being angry that a garbage man is picking up a trash bag left out on a sidewalk that has pee on it (probably already dry by the time the garbage man comes and picks it up) is a little ridiculous. Hey, guess what's in the bag...it's garbage - probably a lot more foul than the urine. And do garbage men expect that their job is a clean one? come on people. How many garbage bags have ripped? garbage men still pickup the ripped bags...

A dog urinates and poops in public. As log as they clean up the poop, it's fine. if they urinate on your lawn and you don't like it, put up a sign so I can know that you hate dogs..I mean care about your lawn...

if you water your lawn frequently enough, it will dilute the urine and save your precious lawn...if you care that much.

Posted on: 2012/4/23 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

cousin wrote:
What does that even mean? I don't have a right to stand up to people who break the law and make me a victim? "Do this to the wrong person"? Explain that please. What will he do, beat me up, breaking the law twice in one day? That's a reasonable response: sit down, and shut up while strangers defile my property I work tirelessly to pay for. Should I pay 10K in taxes to allow someone who doesn't to SHIT on my home? I guess I should've sat there and done nothing. Nobody enforces this law, obviously; sometimes it's up to the citizens to correct the actions of lawbreakers, especially when it directly affects my quality of life!! Just think, if everyone did what I did these wrong-doers may think twice before doing it again. I didn't tar and feather him, I handed him the feces of HIS animal in front of his own home. BTW his final resonse was, as I walked away: "YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU'RE RIGHT!" If it's only feces, then perhaps he could have chosen to let the dog shit in front of his own house and HE could spend the next week looking at it, stepping in it and smelling it. Actually, why leave the house, why not let the dog crap IN his house? I have to say, I really disagree with you on this. This country was founded on the average citizen taking up arms and protecting their property and rights, or did you not pay attention in history class and don't know much about the American Revolution? Do you know how ordinary farmers armed themselves with rakes and anything they could find to fight off the biggest and strongest army of the day; all for what they believed in? Or are you one these disgusting human beings with no regard for anyone else on this planet but yourself? I believe in the right to a FECES-FREE home sir, and I will communicate that to anyone who tries to change it.

You are absolutely right. It is a people problem. Dogs don't leave a poop their owners do. People leave litter all over Jersey City. Have you ever noticed all the illegal dumping that goes on under the TPK/1-9 Ramp? The city should install a camera there. Yesterday the basketball court in Hamilton Pk was trashed again. Of course someone cleans up after them so there is little to no outrage. I also see residents using the public trashcans for their household garbage constantly. We have some real scumbags around here and I am glad you returned that guys deposit.

Posted on: 2012/4/22 19:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/4/22 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

cousin wrote:
unable to accept the audacity of this A-hole, I got up, scooped it up (with a plastic bag) and walked down Monmouth Street looking for him. I caught him walking into his home next to The Barge Inn. I politely walked over to the elderly man, handed him the bag of shit, and said, "You forgot THIS!" If you own a dog, please be respectful. I am not the only one around here tired of this disrespectful behavior. Please be kind, or beware. Next time I might feel the need to throw it at the culprit.

While you are correct in being angry about this, if you continue to to use this as your method of "correcting" people's actions, you will soon do this to the wrong person. Your evening on the porch relaxing with a book might not be so relaxing.

Or the dog owner might do it to the wrong person as well. Who are they to tresspass on someone elses property!

Posted on: 2012/4/20 14:59
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
Today I watched as an older man allowed his dog (on a leash) to crap in the alley behind my home. As he did, he looked around wondering if anyone was watching. When he saw me sitting on my porch he pretended to check his pockets for a plastic bag. When he was done, he kicked rocks over the waste as if that was an acceptable alternative to picking it up. It is NOT! For some reason, I let it go and didn't say anything. Ten minutes later, unable to concentrate on my book, unable to accept the audacity of this A-hole, I got up, scooped it up (with a plastic bag) and walked down Monmouth Street looking for him. I caught him walking into his home next to The Barge Inn. I politely walked over to the elderly man, handed him the bag of shit, and said, "You forgot THIS!" If you own a dog, please be respectful. I am not the only one around here tired of this disrespectful behavior. Please be kind, or beware. Next time I might feel the need to throw it at the culprit.

While you are correct in being angry about this, if you continue to to use this as your method of "correcting" people's actions, you will soon do this to the wrong person. Your evening on the porch relaxing with a book might not be so relaxing.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
I politely walked over to the elderly man, handed him the bag of shit, and said, "You forgot THIS!"

You may have crossed the fine line between righteous indignation and acting like a nutter. You probably missed the window for a reasonable confrontation when you failed to open your mouth.

Witness Vigilante?s support of your actions?not a good sign?worse, his telling suggestion that you should have done something bizarrely disproportionate to the offense.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Just tonight a neighbor who rents down the street let his dog urinate on the garbage bags I just put out for collection. I told him that it wasn't a good place and he just shrugged it off to "it's just a garbage bag" I repeated that it is not good to do something like that.

but.....it IS just a garbage bag. out by the curb. where dogs pee. I fail to see the cause for outrage here.

I guess you've never had to collect or pick up garbage bags. Garbage collection is already not such a great gig. Getting splashed with stale dog pee when you go to pick up someone's garbage bag just makes it worse. Letting your dog do that on purpose when you could easily curb it is just being a jerk. There's no excuse for that.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Dogs generally urinate on stuff to mark it. If you don't want dogs marking your stuff (trash bags, fences, trees, etc), just spray it with vinegar, citrus, ammonia or a commercially bought dog repellant from a pet store. Why should you have to do this, and why shouldn't the dog owner just curb their dog? You're the one that has the problem with it. You can be confrontational with your dog-owning neighbor - or you can solve it with a cheap and simple solution.

You're not going to win picking a fight with a dog owner on where the dog pees.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 6:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Just tonight a neighbor who rents down the street let his dog urinate on the garbage bags I just put out for collection. I told him that it wasn't a good place and he just shrugged it off to "it's just a garbage bag" I repeated that it is not good to do something like that.

but.....it IS just a garbage bag. out by the curb. where dogs pee. I fail to see the cause for outrage here.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 4:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
I get mad at the a**holes that direct their dogs to pee on plants. There are plant beds all around the pedestrian walkway behind A Condos between First and Second Streets by the Light Rail tracks. The folks that care for the plants and trees and mow the lawn and clean the dog run made a point to put in small metal fences around the flower beds and the plants not behind the fences and still these awful small dogs are allowed to leap over them and pee on the plants.
When questioned and told not to let them pee on plants, explaining that it is killing the plants - the owners of these dogs state "there are no signs saying they can't pee on the plants"

Horrible people.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Just tonight a neighbor who rents down the street let his dog urinate on the garbage bags I just put out for collection. I told him that it wasn't a good place and he just shrugged it off to "it's just a garbage bag" I repeated that it is not good to do something like that. He walked away muttering something under his breath and then kept yelling as he walked away half way down the block. I ignored him and left which infuriated him even more. He seems like a poor sap and a bit dishelved. I guess you have to take things where they come from. I will be monitoring this nut.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 4:05
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
You should have stuck it in his face. Some of the old timers around here seem to be adverse to our modern ways. On another note I noticed that either the Silvermans or one of the local schools has been sending a janitor around Hamilton Park to pick up the trash that is left all over the basketball courts and playgrounds. Anyone else notice that the children's playground has become a late night hang-out for teenagers and older types?

Posted on: 2012/4/20 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
Very nice!!! Good for you.
I hate the jerks all over town that do that shit...pun intended.
Near me there is a dog owner, who actually bags the crap, then simply leaves it on the sidewalk! It's just nasty bagged or just left and damn lazy.

What was his reaction when you did that? Do tell...

Posted on: 2012/4/19 23:31

Dog-owners be kind (or beware)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Today I watched as an older man allowed his dog (on a leash) to crap in the alley behind my home. As he did, he looked around wondering if anyone was watching. When he saw me sitting on my porch he pretended to check his pockets for a plastic bag. When he was done, he kicked rocks over the waste as if that was an acceptable alternative to picking it up. It is NOT! For some reason, I let it go and didn't say anything. Ten minutes later, unable to concentrate on my book, unable to accept the audacity of this A-hole, I got up, scooped it up (with a plastic bag) and walked down Monmouth Street looking for him. I caught him walking into his home next to The Barge Inn. I politely walked over to the elderly man, handed him the bag of shit, and said, "You forgot THIS!" If you own a dog, please be respectful. I am not the only one around here tired of this disrespectful behavior. Please be kind, or beware. Next time I might feel the need to throw it at the culprit.

Posted on: 2012/4/19 23:23

Re: Mercer Street Dog Poop -source discovered
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It was once great in our neighborhood, a mother would direct her kids to watch for dog owners who would not pick-up poop and get them to note their car in the street.

Once the dog owner was out of sight, the kids (using newspapers) would scope the poop and smear it all over the door handle of their car.
It had an immediate effect and the owner would no longer leave poop around from their dog.

If they had no car, it would be smeared on their front door handle.

Posted on: 2012/2/6 7:28
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
My fav topic lives! I'm thinking of carrying disposable gloves with me all the time, and if I see someone leaving dog poop, picking it up and sticking it into their face. would that be assault?

Posted on: 2012/2/6 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

NewDadJC wrote:
After several occasions of stepping in dog poop on the sidewalk on Mercer St - between Barrow and Jersey on the south side, I finally witnessed the source.

The woman who lives at 89 Mercer Street with the two little white dogs who lives up on the top ofthe stoop lets her dogs out unleashed and unattended at night (like tonight at 1045pm). One dog walk a few buildings down the sidewalk towards Barrow, takes a crap, and runs back when the uncaring neighbor pokes her lazy head out the door and calls "Bridget"

Next time you see her please tell her she's a lousy neighbor.
ah yes, that lady. I've come within inches of punting one of those dogs halfway down the street. I don't care how tiny the dog is, if it comes up to me barking and growling and trying to bite me, it's going to get a boot to the jaw.

i guess they call them football dogs for a reason...

Posted on: 2012/2/3 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewDadJC wrote:
After several occasions of stepping in dog poop on the sidewalk on Mercer St - between Barrow and Jersey on the south side, I finally witnessed the source.

The woman who lives at 89 Mercer Street with the two little white dogs who lives up on the top ofthe stoop lets her dogs out unleashed and unattended at night (like tonight at 1045pm). One dog walk a few buildings down the sidewalk towards Barrow, takes a crap, and runs back when the uncaring neighbor pokes her lazy head out the door and calls "Bridget"

ah yes, that lady. I've come within inches of punting one of those dogs halfway down the street. I don't care how tiny the dog is, if it comes up to me barking and growling and trying to bite me, it's going to get a boot to the jaw.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 20:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/23 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah it?s pretty bad here on Kensington Ave too. People leave dog poop all over the sidewalks. I have to leap and side step it. Its nuts if animal control is too busy to ticket people and people are too lazy to report then JC police and government should ticket property owners so they can police and clean their sidewalk. Besides the poop, I see bones, garbage, half eaten containers all over the sidewalks. It?s disgusting.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
Take a picture of her and post it around the neighborhood with a note advising she is the dog poop lady. Quote:

NewDadJC wrote:

Posted on: 2012/2/2 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
To all,

Neither Animal Control, JCPD and the HC Sheriffs Officers can or will ticket without actually witnessing the person failing to pick up after their dog.

JC Animal Control is an extremely busy office covering 14 sq miles with over 250,000 residents. Animal cruelty investigations, bites (animal on person, animal on animal), stray dogs, injured and sick animals take priority. There is just no time in a day to stake out a location with 4 Animal Control Officers covering the city 24/7.

At any time you can call 201-547-4888 and report where the person lives who is not picking up after their dog or walking the dog off-leash. We will check to see if the dog(s) are licensed which is required by State law. If the dog is not licensed a ticket will be issued for failure to license if they do not comply within 10 days. The Animal Control Officer will let them know there are complaints and can only issue a warning for other infractions they did not witness. This includes excessive barking.

If you want the person ticketed, you can sign a complaint and you may be required to appear in court if they fight the ticket.

If anyone has any further questions, please call the Animal Control Office at 201-547-4888.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 4:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
NewDad...

If knocking on her door to tell her in person is not an option, customize/download the PDF file from below. With that note, leave her dogs poo in front of the door to remind her she forgot something.

http://www.dogpoopsigns.com/xp5/wizar ... izardid=443093&sku=K-3093

Posted on: 2012/2/1 15:07

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017