Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Jersey City's Ward E (Downtown) to lose some residents as ward boundaries are redrawn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks BrightMoment for the update re F28. I'll go to 222 Mercer in the morning and report how it goes.

Posted on: 2012/4/17 2:21

Re: Jersey City's Ward E (Downtown) to lose some residents as ward boundaries are redrawn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Email from Councilman Fulop:

Please vote tomorrow - 2A, 4A, 5A

Vidya Gangadin
Marilyn Roman
Sangeeta Gangadin

Tomorrow's election is shaping up to be a tough one and unsurprisingly, voter disenfranchisement is already occurring. Voters from several of our historical largest supporting districts recently received sample ballots showing their polling places having been relocated elsewhere - not within walking distance from their homes. The Board of Elections released an apology on Friday, saying they had "made a mistake" in some of the instances, but the damage is done, and the confusion persists. In a tough election like this every vote counts.

Furthermore, I am sure you have read that Mayor Healy, and most of the other Jersey City elected official, have come out strongly against our candidates - so this is a real test on many fronts. I know from a candidate perspective that ours are the three most highly qualified people with Vidya, Marilyn and Sangeeta all professionals and true stakeholders - parents with children in the schools. Even so, if people don't come out to vote, the best candidates won't necessarily win.

I am asking for your help tomorrow - especially with the obstacles that are in front of us - your vote is more important than ever.

1) Please go to your normal voting location, and if the poll challenger doesn't let you vote ASK TO VOTE PROVISIONALLY at that location.

2) We will have drivers ready at voting locations to take people easily to the new polling place if necessary.

3) you can email me at info@stevenfulop.com with any issues or if you need to be picked up and taken to the voting location.

Tomorrow is going to be a tough election, and we need your help. Let's stand together, adapt and overcome these obstacles, and help get these three terrific candidates the opportunity to make real progress at the Board of Education

2A, 4A, 5A

Vidya Gangadin
Marilyn Roman
Sangeeta Gangadin

Posted on: 2012/4/16 15:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/9 20:50
Group:
Banned
Just a quick comment on how this has all panned out.

The committe that delegates where people have to vote has decided that all the people in ward F have to vote up in Journal Square.

This is a very unconevenient place for the new additions to ward F to vote and more than likely will greatly reduce their voter turnout.

So far I have to call out Michelle Massey as already not doing a very good job of representing the new constituents to the newly drawn ward F.

If I were a consiracy theorist I would wonder if this was approved because The councilwomen does not see the new areas ideals as matching the constituents she already has.

In summary,
The New Voters of Ward F are going to require a form of transportation to Vote, I wonder how that will effect voter turnout. Theres no way people are goijng to walk all the way up newark avenue at night to vote.

Thanks for looking out for us.

Posted on: 2012/4/16 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
NOTE: This ONLY affects former E7 voters NOW F28 Voters! This does not affect Past F28 Voters. The sample ballot was wrong for former F7 voters only as to polling place.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

bjay wrote:
Is there a map of the election districts anywhere? District 28 now has to vote at MLK school on Tuers Ave., which itself is in District 8. It makes no sense.

Email received Sunday, April 15:

As per our conversation, Jersey City election district F-28 was inadvertently misplaced in the wrong polling location during the re-warding and redistricting process. The Hudson County Board of Elections has decided to move the polling location to its proper location at P.S. #9, 222 Mercer St. This is the location that the vast majority of the voters have voted at previously, and we feel this is the best way to ensure maximum voter participation.

Any voter that attempts to vote at P.S. #11, 111 Tuers Ave, which was printed incorrectly on their sample ballots will be directed to the correct polling location, or be given a provisional ballot which will be processed, counted and reported by this office.

Again, we are sorry about the confusion this has caused. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,

Brian Cardino
Hudson County Board of Elections
257 Cornelison Ave. 4th Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07302
201-369-3435 x 2857 (Phone)
201-893-8978 (Cell)
201-369-3436 (Fax)

Posted on: 2012/4/15 16:33
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bjay wrote:
Is there a map of the election districts anywhere? District 28 now has to vote at MLK school on Tuers Ave., which itself is in District 8. It makes no sense.

Email received Sunday, April 15:

As per our conversation, Jersey City election district F-28 was inadvertently misplaced in the wrong polling location during the re-warding and redistricting process. The Hudson County Board of Elections has decided to move the polling location to its proper location at P.S. #9, 222 Mercer St. This is the location that the vast majority of the voters have voted at previously, and we feel this is the best way to ensure maximum voter participation.

Any voter that attempts to vote at P.S. #11, 111 Tuers Ave, which was printed incorrectly on their sample ballots will be directed to the correct polling location, or be given a provisional ballot which will be processed, counted and reported by this office.

Again, we are sorry about the confusion this has caused. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,

Brian Cardino
Hudson County Board of Elections
257 Cornelison Ave. 4th Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07302
201-369-3435 x 2857 (Phone)
201-893-8978 (Cell)
201-369-3436 (Fax)

Posted on: 2012/4/15 15:35
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
You have to have the application in 7 days prior to the first election you wish to vote in. If you do it today, it won't be in time for this election but you can choose to have them send you a mail-in ballot for all the remaining elections for the year. You need to re-apply/request mail-in ballot every calendar year. Here's the link to the application and to the Hudson County board of elections. It's so easy, everyone should do it this way. I do it just in case I wouldn't be able to vote on election day, because of work or otherwise.

http://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org/elec ... /vote-mail-ballot2012.pdf

http://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org/elections/default.htm

Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
This election is going to be tough, but are mail in ballots available for future elections?

Posted on: 2012/4/14 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Which Ward are you talking about? There is no district 28 in E.

Formerly E, now F. Wayne, Mercer, Montgomery west of Jersey; Varick, Brunswick. Looks like it includes Dixon Mills, too. We formerly were in E4 and voted at PS 3 on Bright Street. If the new district F28 is limited to this little neighborhood, the logical voting place still would be at PS 3, not a mile and half away at the MLK school.

I'll be tempted to go to PS 3 and vote provisionally.

I called the Board of Elections today and left a message. Never heard back.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Good job people did you see Bright Moments "mistake" thread.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bjay wrote:

Which Ward are you talking about? There is no district 28 in E. Voting in a district outside of your own is common - there are ~ 180 districts in the city, so they typically put two or three (sometimes as many as six and, in one case, eight) in one polling location. A few polling locations (MLK school is one) house districts from two or more wards.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The genius City Clerk Robert Byrne was supposed to release it around February 5th, 2012.

Not a sign of it anywhere.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/4/13 18:13

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/20 14:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

coolbreeze wrote:
Does anyone know where to find a map of the new wards? I've only been able to find descriptions of the new boundaries and am unsure which ward I'm now in, as I live on Jersey, south of Columbus.

Every description I've seen says everything west of jersey (south of Columbus) is now Ward F, but what about those who live on Jersey?

Thanks!

Hey there, I purchased the new Ward E map for a dollar at the Board of Elections in Hudson County Plaza. And it looks like on the map, that those that live on the Van Vorst Park Side of Jersey Avenue, south of Columbus are E4. Those that live on Jersey Avenue ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE PARK, South of Columbus are now in Ward F.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Great.

To answer your other question about mail ballots. The JJ had an application in the paper a few months ago. (feb 22, 2012)

You can also get it here....

Posted on: 2012/4/13 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I called the Journal a couple of hours ago. Only a few are mistakes; the rest, disenfranchisement?

Posted on: 2012/4/13 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Someone from DT should call the Jersey Journal, the Hudson Reporter, or JC Independent with this mistake. Even maybe the candidates.

The dopey clerk either has to send out new ballots before April 17th or be faced with challenges to the election results right?

If someone loses by a small margin they can say it was because the ballot was screwed up. It caused confusion and people didn?t vote.

I still say its old school HC/JC politics at its best. Back in the day it was disabling the elevators in the projects, having the draw bridges into JC stuck in the up position as workers came back home from work to vote.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
This election is going to be tough, but are mail in ballots available for future elections?

Posted on: 2012/4/13 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
From quick read ..I bet it would make a difference?.people from DT may not bother to vote if they have to go to Holland Garden?.wow..old HC politics at work?

jadedgal wrote:
Quote:
I know the City Clerk made changes to the Ward E map. However my new polling place is the Holland Garden Housing projects across from the entrance to the Holland Tunnel, a 25-30 minute walk away. I used to vote on Bright and Monmouth. A 10 minute walk. This new polling place is a pretty long walk (I do not own a car)across treacherous tunnel traffic. What about the elderly, disabled, lazy or just plan scared of that area folks that want to vote. Is not this distance and highway barriers an incentive to disenfranchise voters? Is this legal?

Posted on: 2012/4/13 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Jadedgal wrote: Quote:
Thanks everyone with the information. I spoke to the Board of Elections and the polling place information on my sample ballot is a mistake. I was the first to bring this to their attention. No telling how may other people will mistakenly show up at 16th Street. And according to the new boundaries of Ward E, I still get to vote in my same place.
Peace everyone.

Does this in any way affect Fulop's 3 picks NOT getting votes? Maybe someone from DT showing up at wrong poll and not brothering to go to other one to vote.

Hmmmm sounds familiar?.

From one of my old posts....

Yes HB... I knew that. Barbara Netchert the Sue Simmons of County Clerks.

Hudson County Clerk: special-election snafu was 'honest mistake'

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... nty_clerk_special-el.html

Jersey City residents getting new school ballots

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ty_residents_getting.html

Posted on: 2012/4/13 16:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/13 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know where to find a map of the new wards? I've only been able to find descriptions of the new boundaries and am unsure which ward I'm now in, as I live on Jersey, south of Columbus.

Every description I've seen says everything west of jersey (south of Columbus) is now Ward F, but what about those who live on Jersey?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/4/13 15:56

Re: Changes in Ward E Map...I am a 20 minute walk away from my "new" polling place!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks everyone with the information. I spoke to the Board of Elections and the polling place information on my sample ballot is a mistake. I was the first to bring this to their attention. No telling how may other people will mistakenly show up at 16th Street. And according to the new boundaries of Ward E, I still get to vote in my same place.
Peace everyone.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 14:51

Re: Changes in Ward E Map...I am a 20 minute walk away from my "new" polling place!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Just apply for the mail-in ballots to be sent to you each year. You just fill out a form and they send you all the election ballots during the year a few weeks before the specific election. You just fill it out and send it back. No need to actually vote in person. It's so convenient, I do it every year even though I am perfectly capable of walking to my polling place.

Quote:

jadedgal wrote:
I know the City Clerk made changes to the Ward E map. However my new polling place is the Holland Garden Housing projects across from the entrance to the Holland Tunnel, a 25-30 minute walk away. I used to vote on Bright and Monmouth. A 10 minute walk. This new polling place is a pretty long walk (I do not own a car)across treacherous tunnel traffic. What about the elderly, disabled, lazy or just plan scared of that area folks that want to vote. Is not this distance and highway barriers an incentive to disenfranchise voters? Is this legal?

Posted on: 2012/4/13 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nope t bird I am still in Ward E, I went from E6 to E20. What I do not understand is why I have to go from Grove/Bright/Grand area to 16th Street to vote. (20 blocks). And why do the residences at 396 Manila still get to vote at the church? I will have to see a new map.

Without knowing your address, I can't say for certain but I plugged a bunch of addresses in the area you described in to the state's "find your district"/polling place" locator on the Election Services website . Bright Street, east of Jersey Ave. all the way to the eastern terminus remains in E6. West of Jersey Avenue is now F30. This is consistent with what the city clerk was reported saying during the redistricting process. Same is true for Grand street - east of Jersey remains in E6, west of Jersey is in F30. Both E6 and F30 vote at PS 3, located at 111 Bright Street. (Your "old" polling station.)

Perhaps there is a glitch in the website for your particular address. It may be worth a call to the clerk's office. I assure you though, you are not in E20. That is a small district north of 14th street that extends to the Hoboken border and primarily encompasses 700 Grove and the Holland Gardens housing project. Districts by law must be contiguous and everything that remains in Ward E that is to the immediate north of Bright street is in either E2, E4 or E5 - effectively blocking any sort of odd little gerrymandered isthmus that could transport you to E20.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 12:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:
jadedgal wrote:
Thanks. Very helpful. I did indeed get on the site and it works. Yep, walking from the very end of Bright st. to 16th street. To vote. I still am calling the Board of Elections to find out the reasoning and to get a ward map. Take care.

Do you live at the end of Bright street or are you just saying that's where you used to vote? If you live on Bright west of Jersey Ave., you are now in Ward F - but you would still vote at PS 3 (111 Bright st.)

Nope t bird I am still in Ward E, I went from E6 to E20. What I do not understand is why I have to go from Grove/Bright/Grand area to 16th Street to vote. (20 blocks). And why do the residences at 396 Manila still get to vote at the church? I will have to see a new map.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 1:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ok. So I put in the address of the PACO building 396 Manila on this nifty site. Those residents still get to vote at Grace church. Why do voters on bright/grove/grand street have to go to 16th street? Is it because The district formerly known as E6 voted overwhelming for a certain city councilmen's committee people whom won over the current administration?

Posted on: 2012/4/13 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
jadedgal wrote:
Thanks. Very helpful. I did indeed get on the site and it works. Yep, walking from the very end of Bright st. to 16th street. To vote. I still am calling the Board of Elections to find out the reasoning and to get a ward map. Take care.

Do you live at the end of Bright street or are you just saying that's where you used to vote? If you live on Bright west of Jersey Ave., you are now in Ward F - but you would still vote at PS 3 (111 Bright st.)

Posted on: 2012/4/13 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Great! Everyone should check it out to get information on the upcomming school board elections.

Get out and VOTE!

Posted on: 2012/4/13 1:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/4/13 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
This is the Hudson County Clerks web site elections page.

It has a polling place locator or find your ward and district tool. I have not tried them yet..

Good luck

Posted on: 2012/4/13 0:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hope not. I am calling the Board of Elections tomorrow to find out if this sample ballot is some sort of a mistake and to find out how to get a Ward E map with the new boundaries. It makes no sense for me to walk over 20 blocks passing 9 sanctioned voting stations to vote. I hate to have to get A zip car just to vote in a school board election(lol). And if anyone knows where I can find a Ward E map with the new boundaries, let me know.

Posted on: 2012/4/12 23:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Vote suppression.

Posted on: 2012/4/12 22:17

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]