Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Failure to stop at a stop sign! help!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
For a certain range of offenses you have the option of pleading down to a no-point offense, but, you've got to pay $250 on top of the regular fine, whatever it is. The idea, in effet, is for the city to get the money that your insurance company would otherwise get by increasing your premium because of the points.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
A full stop is required.

You need to look for more than just cars. There's also pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists on the road that you might not see with your rolling stop.

Count your blessings that he didn't give you a ticket for speeding and failure to indicate a lane change (pulling to the side of the road). It sounds like he let you off easy.

If there are points and you've never done traffic court before, hire a lawyer and he'll negotiate your ticket down to a lesser charge for you.

Which cop was it? What does it say on your ticket?

Posted on: 2012/4/10 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Rolling stop ≠ Stop.
Rolling stop = ticket.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
vindication - go to the traffic court and they will give you a standard deal - pay a lot of money (about $400 last time I checked), and there will be no points on your record. No lawyer needed.

Last time I got stopped for doing 39 in 25, I refused that deal, paid $90 and took two points.

But my insurance is good about it - they do not apply a surcharge if you are a reasonable customer.

Do your math.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
A rolling stop is not a stop.... you would have failed that portion of the drivers test if you did that, cops have been particulary douchey lately... but you admitted it was a rolling stop, your fault. You could take the time to go to court and they may make you plead guilty to a lesser offense but its not really worth it in my opinion.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 15:07

Failure to stop at a stop sign! help!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
So I just drove home and got a ticket from a cop who had a real horrible attitude too.

At first I thought he was trying to get in front of me so I sped up and pulled over and then he pulled over behind me. He asked if I saw the stop sign and why I didn't stop. I said I did and he said not to lie to him. He also asked me what the speed limit was and I saw 25 - I should have told him the reason why I was speeding was so I could find a spot to pull over but my mind was blank being it was my first pull over in 6 or so years of driving.

He gave me a ticket with the offense of Failure to stop or yield Offense 10 - code 4-144.

So thinking back I did stop - I looked and saw no car and went ahead. It was a rolling stop but I did stop.

It's my first traffic offense - ever. What should I do? Here are my options

1) Hire a traffic lawer
2) plead not guilty
3) other??

I am willing to pay any amount of fine, I just don't want the points on my record. Please help.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 15:04

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017