Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: trash removal?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Capn - it took me weeks as well and the pile was pretty unsightly, but having to look at it every day motivated me to keep whittling it down trash night after trash night.

Pulling all of those damned flooring nails out of the plywood was a pain, though.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
HPYC - yep - that's the way i prepare my trash too - nice, clean, managable piles.... i just feel like once i get everything up, it may take weeks and weeks of "polite dumping" to get rid of it all... maybe i'll just do that!

I hadn't even thought of the "bagster" thing - but will check it out! thanks!

Posted on: 2012/4/10 13:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
You don't have to rent a 10 yard dumpster. Lots of places rent smaller (3 cubic yard) dumpsters and even smaller front-load dumpsters. There is also the "bagster" thing you buy at Lowes or Home Depot and place on the street for the company to haul away with a small crane on a truck.

Also, like previous posters suggest, you can also "prepare" the trash so that it's ready for Waste Management/JCIA to haul away. I've done the same thing myself with about 450 sq ft of flooring (plywood subfloor and engineered tongue/groove hardwood). I was able to stage it on our property and used a circular saw to cut it all into pieces no more than 4' long. Over a couple of weeks of trash nights, I was able to bundle and put it out in amounts they could take away.

Either of these options will cost you less than Got Junk; which is really meant to be a "white glove" removal service for people who don't want to get their own hands dirty.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

i have been putting out bits and bits - and using the neighbors as well. Our trashmen are great, and as long as it's not "too much" crap, they'll take it - i bundle it nicely, and don't make a mess.

I've looked up GotJunk and GotTrash and a few others, and don't feel like I have enough to justify the big trucks - even their smallest offering is more than i think i'll need.

I'll see about JCIA also... didn't know they offered anything.

thanks!

Posted on: 2012/4/10 13:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/17 22:54
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone my name is Lino and I'm a young 24 year old entrepreneur. I'm glad to say that tomorrow I'm officially going to starting my own business providing Clean Outs & Preservations of all kinds. I'm located in Jersey City Heights. For free quotes and more services information you can call me at 862-224-8286.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
JCIA rents dumpsters.

You can also call some of the trash services in the area. They can rent you 1/2 yard dumpsters (very large trash cans). I use Interstate Waste for my construction debris.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Reliable Jim's. He is indeed reliable, and reasonable.

Posted on: 2012/4/9 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
That's an alternative - if you bundle it neatly they will take it on garbage night. Just don't put it out in big black contractor bags because if they can't lift it they know it is construction debris and will not take it. I too have asked neighbors to put some of my debris out and usually they're kind enough to do it. Save some $ too !

Posted on: 2012/4/9 21:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
How well do you get along with your neighbors?

I have gotten rid of lots of renovation trash by piggy backing on my neighbors trash bins. I speak with them and let them know what I am doing, assure them if any tickets result I will take care of the ticket. I have 4 places I can get rid of trash on any given garbage night. The materials you describe don't sound that heavy, this may work for you. Cut them into small pieces and bundle up with twine. Might take a week or two though.
There have also been two times when I kept an eye out for other contractors in the area hauling away garbage. Found this also to be cost effective, they would fill up the remaining space in their truck with my crap.
Not saying this would work for you, but it sure does for me.

Posted on: 2012/4/9 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Do a google search on Got Junk? or Got Trash? Those are 2 companies that will pick up everything and you don't have to put it curbside. Do not know the cost but easy enough to call and inquire.

Posted on: 2012/4/9 21:26

trash removal?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Everyone,

I'm tearing the floor out of about 350 sq feet basement (three layers of wood, plywood, and laminate...

Anyone have a trash person to pick it up?

Or know any service to rent one of those small dumpsters / trash bins?

All i've found online are relatively big trash bins (that hold 10, 20, and 30 yards of refuse), and don't think i need anything that big....

Any recommendations are appreciated!

Posted on: 2012/4/9 20:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017